The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/the-duke-and-duchess-of-sussexs-charities-and-patronages-47391.html)

Countessmeout 05-29-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2317203)
THough in Los Angeles Meghan has continued to help her animal charity Mayhew, it's been revealed. Due to the Covid 19 the charity may be forced to close it's doors within months (few donations lately.)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...ly-news-latest

They made it clear the day they left they planned to continue with their charities.

Unfortunately Mayhew is facing the same problem a lot of smaller charities will during this crisis. People are out of work and struggling to make ends meet. That means less money to donate to charity no matter how good a cause. Animal charities also rely heavily on volunteers to help with the animals. And right now they aren't able to have those volunteers work.

Quote:

That's sad. Who could be against an animal charity?
Its not a matter of being against animal charity. Its a matter of lack of extra income right now to donate to charity.

TLLK 05-29-2020 11:34 PM

:previous: Absolutely true Countessmeout.

Curryong 06-01-2020 08:53 PM

The Commonwealth Trust, (Queen the Patron, Harry and Meghan President and Vice President) has issued a statement about the George Floyd death and subsequent riots.
'Silence is not an option...'

Queen, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal trust speaks out over US protests | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Lumutqueen 06-02-2020 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2317762)
The Commonwealth Trust, (Queen the Patron, Harry and Meghan President and Vice President) has issued a statement about the George Floyd death and subsequent riots.

'Silence is not an option...'

Queen, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal trust speaks out over US protests | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

As there are no links in your comment, here’s the tweets.

https://twitter.com/queenscomtrust/s...157056001?s=21

https://twitter.com/queenscomtrust/s...776241156?s=21

“Young people are vital voices in the fight against injustice and racism around the world. As a global community of young leaders we stand together in pursuit of fairness and a better way forward.

Silence is not an option.

We all have the power to effect positive change.

It is time to speak up and speak out. Time to have uncomfortable conversations with ourselves and with others. Time to educate ourselves and unlearn.

Time to come together and build a better future as one.”

Durham 06-02-2020 05:21 PM

Who controls their twitter account? Is this really comment by The Queen & the duke & duchess? I presume not.

KellyAtLast 06-02-2020 06:13 PM

Why did the Queen allow the Sussex to keep their position in the Queens CommonWealth Trust? isn't that part of the royal work that the queen assumed they would do and thats the reason why she gave it to them. Since they are no longer working royals she should have made them step down from it.

Eskimo 06-02-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durham (Post 2317945)
Who controls their twitter account? Is this really comment by The Queen & the duke & duchess? I presume not.

I would be shocked the statement had anything to do with the Royals. The situation is extremely politically charged and I’m sure the BRF wants to keep out of it

Fem 06-02-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durham (Post 2317945)

I'd guess the employees of The Queen's Commonwealth Trust are posting on this account. There is no indication either the Queen or the Sussexes had anything to do with the tweets, it was something added by the poster. On Twitter looks like that:
We all have the power to effect positive change. It is time to speak up and speak out. Time to have uncomfortable conversations with ourselves and with others. Time to educate ourselves and unlearn. Time to come together and build a better future as one. #TeamQCT
And link: https://twitter.com/queenscomtrust/s...37288776241156

Young people are vital voices in the fight against injustice and racism around the world. As a global community of young leaders we stand together in pursuit of fairness and a better way forward. Silence is not an option. #BlackLivesMatter
And link: https://twitter.com/queenscomtrust/s...30722157056001

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellyAtLast (Post 2317962)
Why did the Queen allow the Sussex to keep their position in the Queens CommonWealth Trust? isn't that part of the royal work that the queen assumed they would do and thats the reason why she gave it to them. Since they are no longer working royals she should have made them step down from it.

Tbh, it doesn't make sense to me either, but I'm guessing the Queen had her reasons, whatever they might be.

KellyAtLast 06-03-2020 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fem (Post 2317983)
I'd guess the employees of The Queen's Commonwealth Trust are posting on this account. There is no indication either the Queen or the Sussexes had anything to do with the tweets, it was something added by the poster. On Twitter looks like that:
We all have the power to effect positive change. It is time to speak up and speak out. Time to have uncomfortable conversations with ourselves and with others. Time to educate ourselves and unlearn. Time to come together and build a better future as one. #TeamQCT
And link: https://twitter.com/queenscomtrust/s...37288776241156

Young people are vital voices in the fight against injustice and racism around the world. As a global community of young leaders we stand together in pursuit of fairness and a better way forward. Silence is not an option. #BlackLivesMatter
And link: https://twitter.com/queenscomtrust/s...30722157056001

Tbh, it doesn't make sense to me either, but I'm guessing the Queen had her reasons, whatever they might be.

i cant think of any good reason why she would let them stay on. i guess we can put this in the category of the queen making decisions based on emotion instead of her brain. not a good look.

Lumutqueen 06-03-2020 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellyAtLast (Post 2318011)
i cant think of any good reason why she would let them stay on. i guess we can put this in the category of the queen making decisions based on emotion instead of her brain. not a good look.

You can put it in that category, but I doubt that many others would.

Curryong 06-03-2020 05:12 AM

Harry has now merged two organisations linked with his longterm interest in veterans mental and physical health, the Endeavour Fund and Invictus Games Foundation, away from the Royal Foundation which was originally begun by him and his brother. Hoping to hear more about this in the future.

https://people.com/royals/prince-har...es-foundation/

Sentebale charity funds rose by £4 million pounds in 2019.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Meghan.html

Denville 06-03-2020 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2318036)
You can put it in that category, but I doubt that many others would.

I think it is possible that the queen hopes/hoped that Meg and harry would return in a year, so she didn't want to completely cut them off from Royal work.. which I think IS probably her feelings as a grandmother getting the better fo her common sense. I don't think they'll be back...

Eskimo 06-03-2020 11:31 AM

The Queen's Commonwealth Trust is just named as such and has nothing to do with the Commonwealth. I think that is the reason H&M kept their roles because it does not include any representation on behalf of the Queen in any capacity

Denville 06-03-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskimo (Post 2318148)
The Queen's Commonwealth Trust is just named as such and has nothing to do with the Commonwealth. I think that is the reason H&M kept their roles because it does not include any representation on behalf of the Queen in any capacity

yes but I think she has kept a line open and does hope they will come back....

Lumutqueen 06-03-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskimo (Post 2318148)

You do know that’s entirely wrong don’t you?

“The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust is a growing network of young changemakers across the Commonwealth..... We use our network, platform and resources, built and shaped together with young people, to demonstrate the leadership, energy and optimism of young people across the Commonwealth and their enormous potential to create a better future for everyone.”

It has EVERYTHING to do with the commonwealth.

The Queen is Patron of The Queens Commonwealth Trust.

The Queen and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex literally had an engagement together to meet Young Leaders of Commonwealth nations.

carlota 06-03-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2318172)
yes but I think she has kept a line open and does hope they will come back....

i have to disagree - the queen is not stupid and knows there is no easy way back in for them. the public will not forget. if they decided to come back as if nothing had happened, i can see the public outrage that will follow.

that, and i don't think meghan has any intention of coming back. and because of that, harry has no intention of coming back either. but i think even if they don't want to be part of the BRF, they will struggle to find a way to do work - both professional work to earn the money they so desired and charities work - in their current position.

Denville 06-03-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 2318225)
i have to disagree - the queen is not stupid and knows there is no easy way back in for them. the public will not forget. if they decided to come back as if nothing had happened, i can see the public outrage that will follow.

that, and i don't think meghan has any intention of coming back. and because of that, harry has no intention of coming back either. but i think even if they don't want to be part of the BRF, they will struggle to find a way to do work - both professional work to earn the money they so desired and charities work - in their current position.

I think the queen and Chalres may still hope. They have a shortage of royal workers due to the end of Andrew's working life and the 2 Sussexes leaving at the same time. I agree that Meg has no desire to come back, but if they can't make money in the US, she may consider it. I agree that they are not likely to be welcomed by the public...

KellyAtLast 06-03-2020 04:17 PM

It just doesn't make any sense. They don't even live in the Commonwealth anymore. Where is the logic of the Windsors.

Osipi 06-03-2020 04:28 PM

Logically looking at this, three people have gone from working for the family "Firm" representing HM, The Queen. Andrew has effectively been retired from performing any kind of public duties and most (if not all) of his private patronages have dumped him.

Should the Sussexes return like the prodigal son to the fold of the family "Firm" (which I do believe is very unlikely at all), there will always be the niggling thought in the back of people's minds that if they've walked away before, they very well could walk away again should they experience displeasure in how things are.

There is a statement that says "You can't go home again. You can't truly go back to a place you once lived because so much will have changed since you left that it is not the same place anymore." and I think this applies to this situation.

Lumutqueen 06-03-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellyAtLast (Post 2318239)
It just doesn't make any sense. They don't even live in the Commonwealth anymore. Where is the logic of the Windsors.

What does it matter exactly?

It was very clear that Henry and Meghan would keep their patronages, and location isn't an issue right now considering none of the royal family can take part in in person events.

Considering they've both built up a relationship with QCT, it wouldn't make sense to take it away and hand it to another royal that has had nothing to do with the organisation.