The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/the-duke-and-duchess-of-sussexs-charities-and-patronages-47391.html)

JessRulz 03-29-2020 06:58 AM

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages
 
Welcome to The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's
Charities and Patronages

Commencing April 1, 2020

A list of the couple's patronages can be found here.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

∑ Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
∑ It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
∑ We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
∑ The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
∑ Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

***

JessRulz 03-29-2020 06:58 AM

The Duke of Sussex's Patronages
-African Parks, President
-Dolen Cymru, Patron
-Henry van Straubenzee Memorial Fund, Joint Patron
-Invictus Games Foundation, Patron
-The London Marathon Charitable Trust, Patron
-MapAction, Royal Patron
-Rhino Conservation Botswana, Patron
-The Rugby Football League, Patron
-Rugby Football Union, Patron
-Rugby Football Union All Schools Programme, Patron
-Rugby Football Union Injured Players Foundation, Patron
-Sentebale, Founder Patron
-Silverstone Heritage Experience/Motorsport World, Patron
-WellChild, Patron

The Duke of Sussex's Specially Held Roles
-Commonwealth Youth Ambassador
-The Queen's Commonwealth Trust, President
-Walking With The Wounded, Expeditions Patron


The Duchess of Sussex's Patronages
-Association of Commonwealth Universities, Patron
-Mayhew, Patron
-The National Theatre, Royal Patron
-The Queen's Commonwealth Trust, Vice President
-Smart Works, Royal Patron

BaiSoSo 04-27-2020 05:21 PM

Great to see Prince Harry is getting recognition for a project he spent 3 years helping with/working on.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...-for-veterans/

Curryong 04-27-2020 08:40 PM

Yes, well done to Harry. This is good news. Military personnel and their welfare have always been close to his heart, and hopefully HeadFit will really be a help.

eya 04-29-2020 11:40 AM

Meghan about her patronage @SmartWorksHQ:

"“It’s been such an honour to meet and learn from so many talented women in the Smart Works network over the years, and recently to see the amazing work they’re doing to adapt their programs to the reality of this pandemic.'

https://twitter.com/i/status/1255487252165255170





TLLK 04-29-2020 02:34 PM

While this coaching session took place in late March, hopefully the young woman was able to still interview for a position and was hired. :smile:

Lumutqueen 05-05-2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 2311051)
While this coaching session took place in late March, hopefully the young woman was able to still interview for a position and was hired. :smile:

You'd be right, Smartworks just posted an update that she got the job! :flowers:

https://twitter.com/SmartWorksHQ/sta...673717762?s=20

ACO 05-06-2020 12:39 PM

Harry has worked closely with Coach Core. Today they announced they are no longer with The Royal Foundation.

https://twitter.com/GaryLaybourne/st...49294818574337

Lumutqueen 05-06-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACO (Post 2312621)
Harry has worked closely with Coach Core. Today they announced they are no longer with The Royal Foundation.

https://twitter.com/GaryLaybourne/st...49294818574337


So which Royal Foundation are they no longer with? Does mean no Henry involvement in the future?

Somebody 05-06-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2312628)
So which Royal Foundation are they no longer with? Does mean no Henry involvement in the future?

The Royal Foundation that was kept by the duke and duchess of Cambridge and that the duke and duchess of Sussex decided to leave.

So, them announcing "After 8 successful, impactful years as a Royal Foundation programme, we now seek additional support establishing the charity in its own right" most likely means that Harry will be able to remain involved as they break with William and Catherine's Foundation.

It feels a bit as if programmes have to decide who they want to support (and vice versa: whom they want to be supported by): William or Harry.

poppy7 05-06-2020 01:53 PM

They are setting up on their own. They wont need the support. Maybe that is the aim of the royal foundation to enable charities to grow.

Lumutqueen 05-06-2020 02:23 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2312649)
The Royal Foundation that was kept by the duke and duchess of Cambridge and that the duke and duchess of Sussex decided to leave.

Thank you. This is what got me confused as Henry hasnít been a part of the foundation for some time, linking this charity to both the Cambridge Foundation and Henry made little sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppy7 (Post 2312651)
They are setting up on their own. They wont need the support. Maybe that is the aim of the royal foundation to enable charities to grow.

But the charity have literally said in their tweet, they need additional support in setting up on their own.

poppy7 05-06-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2312657)
Thank you. This is what got me confused as Henry hasnít been a part of the foundation for some time, linking this charity to both the Cambridge Foundation and Henry made little sense.



But the charity have literally said in their tweet, they need additional support in setting up on their own.

Yeah. All charities need continued financial aid.

Denville 05-06-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppy7 (Post 2312672)
Yeah. All charities need continued financial aid.

charities are going to be taking a hell of a beating now...

eya 05-09-2020 02:46 PM

"Marking what would have been the Opening Ceremony for the @InvictusGamesNL, our Patron The Duke of Sussex shares his best wishes to supporters and competitors, and outlines plans this week to bring The Hague home to you"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1259165987288412161

Fem 05-09-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 2313267)
"Marking what would have been the Opening Ceremony for the @InvictusGamesNL, our Patron The Duke of Sussex shares his best wishes to supporters and competitors, and outlines plans this week to bring The Hague home to you"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1259165987288412161

That's such a cool idea! The team working with Invictus Games is really, really good and this is another example of that. I can't wait to see all the content they're going to provide.

Though, tbh, it's a shame they didn't post it yesterday, it would be a good opportunity to also talk about VE Day a bit more, but I'm still happy to see him!

eya 05-26-2020 12:04 PM

The Duke of Sussex has written to HALO's 8,500 staff to express his admiration at their ‘dedication and determination’ in the face of the Covid-19 crisis.



https://www.halotrust.org/latest/hal...ovid-response/

Curryong 05-29-2020 08:03 PM

Harry spoke to members of a youth charity in a zoom call regarding food deliveries to the vulnerable yesterday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rt-London.html

THough in Los Angeles Meghan has continued to help her animal charity Mayhew, it's been revealed. Due to the Covid 19 the charity may be forced to close it's doors within months (few donations lately.)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...ly-news-latest

QueenMathilde 05-29-2020 09:39 PM

That's sad. Who could be against an animal charity?

Countessmeout 05-30-2020 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2317203)
THough in Los Angeles Meghan has continued to help her animal charity Mayhew, it's been revealed. Due to the Covid 19 the charity may be forced to close it's doors within months (few donations lately.)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...ly-news-latest

They made it clear the day they left they planned to continue with their charities.

Unfortunately Mayhew is facing the same problem a lot of smaller charities will during this crisis. People are out of work and struggling to make ends meet. That means less money to donate to charity no matter how good a cause. Animal charities also rely heavily on volunteers to help with the animals. And right now they aren't able to have those volunteers work.



Quote:

That's sad. Who could be against an animal charity?
Its not a matter of being against animal charity. Its a matter of lack of extra income right now to donate to charity.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises