The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Fashion (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/the-duchess-of-cambridges-daytime-fashion-part-28-january-2020-a-47175.html)

iceflower 01-26-2020 02:33 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 -
 
* *

Welcome to Part 28 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 27: September 2019 - January 2020 **


Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!


∑ Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
∑ No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
∑ It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
∑ We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
∑ Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
∑ Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
∑ Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Pranter 01-26-2020 06:11 PM

I think she has several upcoming daytime events after their BAFTA ...will be interesting to see if she recycles some of her day looks..would love to see some she's not worn in several years.


LaRae

muriel 01-27-2020 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2288514)
I think she has several upcoming daytime events after their BAFTA ...will be interesting to see if she recycles some of her day looks..would love to see some she's not worn in several years.


LaRae

Well said. I have always thought that Catherine could reuse a lot of her clothes a lot more than she actually does.

Elly C 01-27-2020 08:01 AM

I think we will see more of her recycling her clothes. Itís only relatively recently she has upped the number of her engagements -certainly evening ones have been very few since the birth of her third child. I donít see her as being someone who would be ostentatious about clothes and I think she would be sensitive to criticism if this was being picked up in any significant way by the media.

Ista 01-27-2020 08:14 AM

I think she has accumulated enough of a wardrobe at this point that it would be appropriate for her to recycle even more than she does. She does recycle, but I'd like to see fewer additional blue coat dresses, for example, and more reuse of the ones she has. It's time to emulate the Duchess of Cornwall a bit more, I think.

Pranter 01-27-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ista (Post 2288589)
I think she has accumulated enough of a wardrobe at this point that it would be appropriate for her to recycle even more than she does. She does recycle, but I'd like to see fewer additional blue coat dresses, for example, and more reuse of the ones she has. It's time to emulate the Duchess of Cornwall a bit more, I think.


This is more or less a reply for three of you, Muriel and Elly C too:

Yes after almost 9 years married..although less as a full time royal she should have a good many daytime looks to work with. I need to go look around and see some of her old ensembles.

I would like to see more of the print skirt/black sweater type of look and less of the coat dress uniform. She can look so chic at times. I do love some of her coat dresses but I do get tired of seeing blue, blue, blue, oh a green, blue etc.

I will also be glad with the 70's high neck long sleeve with the neck bow disappears. I'm hoping that starts fading out this year!



LaRae

Pranter 01-27-2020 10:37 AM

https://twitter.com/elliotwagland/st...129728/photo/1

I love this look! Today at the Holocaust Memorial event.


LaRae

Lilyflo 01-27-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 2288566)
Well said. I have always thought that Catherine could reuse a lot of her clothes a lot more than she actually does.

I agree. It's true that some of her clothes have had several outings but there's tons of stuff we've only seen once (I don't mean casual things that she might wear 'off duty').

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2288615)
I will also be glad with the 70's high neck long sleeve with the neck bow disappears. I'm hoping that starts fading out this year!

I'd rather see those items again but with alterations - she's done that with a couple of things.

Pranter 01-27-2020 11:08 AM

Yes I'd be okay with some of them if they had alterations to the bodice and removal of the bow.


LaRae

Mademoiselle Lilo 01-27-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2288627)
https://twitter.com/elliotwagland/st...129728/photo/1

I love this look! Today at the Holocaust Memorial event.


LaRae

I love it too,thid ly my favoutite hairstyle of the duchess..she looks elegant today

An Ard Ri 01-27-2020 02:28 PM

Really nice and dignified look today at the UK Holocaust Memorial event in London.

Ista 01-27-2020 02:34 PM

Speaking of recycling...

This is a lovely and very appropriate dress for the occasion. Catherine looks wonderful, dress and jewelry are perfect.

Pranter 01-27-2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo (Post 2288695)
I love it too,thid ly my favoutite hairstyle of the duchess..she looks elegant today

There's nothing I would change about her look...chic and elegant.


LaRae

Lilyflo 01-27-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ista (Post 2288714)
Speaking of recycling...

This is a lovely and very appropriate dress for the occasion. Catherine looks wonderful, dress and jewelry are perfect.

I agree. Perfect all round.

HereditaryPrincess 01-27-2020 05:30 PM

Catherine looks gorgeous - sophisticated and appropriate for the event whilst also being stylish.

tausi 01-27-2020 06:17 PM

She looks fantastic! I love her hair tied back!

Quite an elegant and fashionable look today.

Countessmeout 01-27-2020 07:46 PM

The whole look are recycled pieces.

This is one of my favourite coat dresses of hers. Overall elegant style. :flowers:

The only thing not huge fan of is the black collar.

Her hair looks lovely pulled back a bit, not usual curls. Even like the grannie pearl earrings for the event.

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/01/27/...ts/#more-62974

Photos of her outfit for the holocaust photo shoot. Plaid skirt by Guci and black top. Love that she is using more separates finally.

Love the skirt. But like a recent one, length is off.

QueenMathilde 01-27-2020 09:58 PM

They pick on her weight but I think she looks slim and pretty in all her clothes. She looks like Princess Mary to me.

O-H Anglophile 01-27-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2288615)
This is more or less a reply for three of you, Muriel and Elly C too:

Yes after almost 9 years married..although less as a full time royal she should have a good many daytime looks to work with. I need to go look around and see some of her old ensembles.

I would like to see more of the print skirt/black sweater type of look and less of the coat dress uniform. She can look so chic at times. I do love some of her coat dresses but I do get tired of seeing blue, blue, blue, oh a green, blue etc.

I will also be glad with the 70's high neck long sleeve with the neck bow disappears. I'm hoping that starts fading out this year!



LaRae

She has also spent 3 of those years pregnant or post partum.

Lumutqueen 01-28-2020 05:52 AM

Catherine is at Evelina London Children's Hospital today she's wearing Dolce and Gabbana, a repeat outfit from February 2019.

February 2019 Outing

January 2020 Outing


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises