The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: Family and Background (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f113/edoardo-mapelli-mozzi-family-and-background-46774.html)

wyevale 09-26-2019 04:09 PM

^ Its awfully pleasing to see a lover of our National Sport joining the Family - the complete lack interest shown in it , by anyone younger then the Duke of Edinburgh has been lamentable...

carlota 09-26-2019 04:25 PM

i didn't know edoardo was an italian count, nor that he had a son with a previous partner.

Somebody 09-26-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theroyalfly (Post 2255583)
Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
  • Director of Banda, a property development firm whose mission is to creare 'exceptional homes.'
  • He also co-founded the charity Cricket Builds Hope. The organization that coaches people to play cricket in Rwanda 'as a tool for positive social change.'

Interesting choice of a charity to set up. I haven't seen anyone playing cricket in Rwanda but it sounds as if he think that's what the country needs. Wondering how he is trying to bring about positive social change by having people playing cricket (although bringing sports into people's lives would normally be positive but I guess they would have picked a different sport).

HereditaryPrincess 09-26-2019 05:39 PM

I didn't know Edo had a son either. I'd like to think he would be included in the bridal party and that he will have a positive relationship with his new stepmother and her family.

Pranter 09-26-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 2255599)
i didn't know edoardo was an italian count, nor that he had a son with a previous partner.

The title is defunct and he doesn't use it...nor does his father.

LaRae

theroyalfly 09-26-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 2255599)

• He is. The Mapelli Mozi's are part of the Italian nobility but their title is no longer officially recognized by the Italian Republic nor in the UK. He will be the second member of the British Royal Family to be part of the old Italian nobility. Lady Nicholas Windsor is also descended from the old Croatian and Italian nobility.
  • He has a young son called Wolfie with Dara Huang, his ex-fiancee.

kbk 09-27-2019 02:54 AM

This photo in the DM looks like a Catholic Christening (I assume it's Woolfie with his parents). Thus I think he is a Catholic and, practicing or not, follows the tradition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gawin (Post 2255539)
But I don't think Edo's mother Nikki is. She's English, not Italian.

You know, there are Catholic families in England...

theroyalfly 09-27-2019 02:57 AM

:previous: Thank you for the photo. Yes that's Woolfie and Dara with Edo.

Heavs 09-27-2019 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk (Post 2255769)
This photo in the DM looks like a Catholic Christening (I assume it's Woolfie with his parents). Thus I think he is a Catholic and, practicing or not, follows the tradition.

You get that baptismal candle in a CoE Christening as well, I don't think you can really tell from that picture. Though if he is a Catholic that doesn't present any problems today, unless he really wanted any kids with Bea to be Catholic and then they wouldn't be in the line of succession. That's not a big deal but may sting a bit for her and Andrew.

Duc_et_Pair 09-27-2019 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavs (Post 2255773)
You get that baptismal candle in a CoE Christening as well, I don't think you can really tell from that picture. Though if he is a Catholic that doesn't present any problems today, unless he really wanted any kids with Bea to be Catholic and then they wouldn't be in the line of succession. That's not a big deal but may sting a bit for her and Andrew.

The new rules also allow members of the Royal Family to marry a Roman Catholic and become King or Queen. However, a Roman Catholic royal still cannot become the monarch, which is an utmost theoretical exercise for an eventual child of Beatrice.

kbk 09-27-2019 05:19 AM

I only say that if he is Catholic and his and Beatrice's children would be so, they would be the most senior people excluded from succession for their religion, surpassing Lord Downpatrick. That's interesting, I think. But, of course, no one would bother about it because it does not really matter, practically.

Gawin 09-27-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Yes I know that but the majority of English aren't Catholic just as the majority of the Italians are. Edo's mother isn't Catholic.

Biri 09-27-2019 08:06 AM

Anyway, their potential children will not have any chance to inherit the throne, so their denomination will be irrelevant.

Duc_et_Pair 09-27-2019 08:27 AM

And when suddenly a Catholic appears to be the future Heir(ess), the Law will be changed as anno 2043 or so barring someone for being a Roman-Catholic is really an impossible position to maintain.

But as the calvinist Henri IV de Bourbon once remarked: "Paris vaut bien une Messe" (Paris is worth a Mass) and converted, we can say the same for a catholic Mountbatten Windsor-Mapelli Mozzi descendant in the British situation.

Biri 09-27-2019 01:30 PM

According to Marlene Koenig, Edoardo was born in Portland Hospital in London on 19 November:

Royal Musings: Princess Beatrice engaged

Moonmaiden23 09-27-2019 02:06 PM

Weren't Beatrice and Eugenie born at Portland Hospital as well?:smile:

Somebody 09-27-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

What makes you think it's a Catholic Christening? I don't see any specific Catholic symbols...

Quote:

Originally Posted by theroyalfly (Post 2255729)
  • He has a young son called Wolfie with Dara Huang, his ex-fiancee.

Apparently they were engaged for some time, so he is experienced in being engaged. Hopefully, this time it truly leads to a wedding instead of a break up with a child in the mix.

Pranter 09-27-2019 02:18 PM

IIRC there was some dispute about the engagement...

LaRae

Somebody 09-27-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2255918)
IIRC there was some dispute about the engagement...

LaRae

Thanks for the correction. Sometimes that word is used rather loosely.

Moonmaiden23 09-27-2019 02:23 PM

On some message boards and media outlets, Dara is referred to as the "wife", Wolfie is the "abandoned baby" , and Beatrice is the homewrecker whom cad Edo is now engaged to.

Loose with not only interpretation, but facts.:bang: