The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f113/beatrice-and-edoardo-wedding-suggestions-and-musings-thread-46772.html)

Biri 09-26-2019 08:16 AM

Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

Now that the engagement has been announced, I think we can start the equivalent thread.

First I give my suggestions:
Wedding in May
In St. George's Chapel in Windsor
Traditional Anglican Wedding (like Eugenie's)
Matron of Honour: Eugenie
Best Man: a friend of Edoardo (I don't know if he has any siblings).
Wolfie included among Bridal attendants (and Beatrice's godchild if she has any).

Mirabel 09-26-2019 08:28 AM

:previous:
Maybe the wedding will be in April.
Easter is early (April 12) so it could easily be managed.

Wedding at Windsor is most likely, but I wish there could be another Abbey wedding. Guess I'll have to wait for George!

Her ring is pretty, but not as unique as Eugenie's or Gabriella's.

Biri 09-26-2019 08:35 AM

And first of all - let's hope her grandparents will still be here by then!

Tatiana Maria 09-26-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 2255327)

I believe he has at least one sister. Does the Church of England require the bride's and groom's respective attendants to be of the same gender as them?

theroyalfly 09-26-2019 08:37 AM

I am so excited for Bea and Edo!!!

wyevale 09-26-2019 08:51 AM

Certainly a Tiara, possibly her Mothers, or something unseen [for aeons] from the vault, or do the Counts of Mapelli-Monza have a family tiara ?

TortillaChips 09-26-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 2255354)
Certainly a Tiara, possibly her Mothers, or something unseen [for aeons] from the vault, or do the Counts of Mapelli-Monza have a family tiara ?

I am really hoping for her mother's tiara as well (just a bit worried it may have been sold :eek:)

wyevale 09-26-2019 09:02 AM

^Pretty sure that would have made Headlines.. so I think it unlikely to have been sold.

Princess B 09-26-2019 09:25 AM

I expect them to get married at St. George’s in Windsor, but I’d be thrilled with another venue.
I’d have love Italy (a nod to Edo’s Italian heritage), but I understand with the advanced ages of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh that may not be an option.
Maybe York Minster (since she’s Princess Beatrice of York) or any other chapel/church with some royal provenance.
As for bridal attendants - I certainly see Eugenie in a role similar to what her sister played at her wedding. For the bridal party, I think we will see Edos son, and the Cambridge children though overused are a strong possibility. I would like someone from the Fergusson family represented instead (do they have any cousins or nieces and nephews?).
I expect Edo’s family to be well represented as well.
I really don’t want to see Beatrice in the York tiara (as gorgeous as it is). I’d love for her to wear a tiara that hasn’t been seen in long from her Majesty’s vaults. Eugenie did surprise us with that beautiful tiara.

Pranter 09-26-2019 10:04 AM

I would love to see the York tiara worn ...fingers crossed. I'm going to say St George's in April or May. But you never know, they could do things differently and go for summer.

LaRae

Mey 09-26-2019 11:15 AM

I'm still going to stick my neck out and hope for Westminster Cathedral.

Its a Catholic neck, might not be safe ;)

Zaira 09-26-2019 11:22 AM

I think it would likely be deemed "too grand" BUT I would love love love Yorkminster for a York wedding. I am rather over St George's tbh. But it will likely be St G's though.

As it is...I would be honestly interested if Bea's wedding comes anywhere close to being the scale of Eugenie's wedding though which was already itself not the scale of weddings of the Wales' Branch or the weddings of HRHs of yesteryear. I think optics wise given everything going on, smaller would be better but the Yorks have never cared much for optics, so to speak.

I am hoping we get the York tiara, but I've long suspected it may have left the family's possession. Hopefully not! It would be nice to see it again although I also delight in thinking about what beauties we would see from the vault.

I think it will likely be in the May-June timeframe of next year regardless.

Blog Real 09-26-2019 11:23 AM

I believe the wedding will take place at St. George's Cathedral in Windsor. I believe it will be in April or May.

Rudolph 09-26-2019 11:25 AM

The advantage of having the wedding at a royal peculiar is it gives HMQ direct control over the affair. I’m wagering St Georges chapel plus hoping for Prince George and Princess Charlotte to be involved.

Pranter 09-26-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaira (Post 2255445)
I think it would likely be deemed "too grand" BUT I would love love love Yorkminster for a York wedding. I am rather over St George's tbh. But it will likely be St G's though.

As it is...I would be honestly interested if Bea's wedding comes anywhere close to being the scale of Eugenie's wedding though which was already itself not the scale of weddings of the Wales' Branch or the weddings of HRHs of yesteryear. I think optics wise given everything going on, smaller would be better but the Yorks have never cared much for optics, so to speak.

I am hoping we get the York tiara, but I've long suspected it may have left the family's possession. Hopefully not! It would be nice to see it again although I also delight in thinking about what beauties we would see from the vault.

I think it will likely be in the May-June timeframe of next year regardless.

Would love to see her wedding at York Minster but I think it will be St George's and I definately hope she wear's the York tiara! If they sold it ..it has been kept very quiet.

LaRae

Biri 09-26-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess B (Post 2255372)
I would like someone from the Fergusson family represented instead (do they have any cousins or nieces and nephews?).

Of course they do:
Aunt Jane Ferguson and her children Seamus Makim (probably married and with children), Ayesha Specker, nee Makim (married) and Heidi Ludecke.
Half-uncle Andrew Ferguson (newly married)
Half-Aunt Alice Ferguson (married, probably with children)
Half-Aunt Elizabeth Ferguson (newly married)

But if those children were not included as Eugenie's bridal attendants, I doubt they will be as Beatrice's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess B (Post 2255372)
I expect Edo’s family to be well represented as well.

Me too: I wonder if his dad will be present at the wedding, what kind of bond do they have.
My update: among bridal children - included Natalia's child(ren) if she has any.
Best Man will be probably Albermarle Shale, Edo's half-brother.

W.Y.CII 09-26-2019 11:37 AM

Probably same scale and setting as her sister's. Is winter wedding common for BRF? Would be nice to have one.

Tiara! Always hope she will use QM's Fringe or Sapphire Bandeau. Or anything but her mother's (never a fans of that one :ninja:)

Hallo girl 09-26-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.Y.CII (Post 2255459)
Probably same scale and setting as her sister's. Is winter wedding common for BRF? Would be nice to have one.

Tiara! Always hope she will use QM's Fringe or Sapphire Bandeau. Or anything but her mother's (never a fans of that one :ninja:)

I think rather than a tiara something akin to hair band/ slide , having said that a I do mean a glamorous jewelled one.

Osipi 09-26-2019 12:40 PM

I do think that Beatrice's grandparents are going to be the determining factor in picking the venue for the wedding. With this in mind, I'd bet my last cold turkey sandwich that it will be St. George's Chapel in Windsor and the date will be around a time when the Queen is in residence. I don't see Beatrice having her wedding anywhere where her grandparents would have to travel to be there, possibly find overnight lodging and such. At St. George's, if the Queen is in residence, that also opens up to having a reception afterwards in Windsor Castle. It just seems more logical that Bea and Edo will opt for this.

Mirabel 09-26-2019 12:45 PM

I too think Beatrice will have a wedding similar to Eugenie's.
St. George's is probably easiest for the Queen, so that will have an impact. (The Queen has never missed a wedding there).

To be honest, after three Windsor weddings in a row, I'd really like to see an alternative.

I don't think Beatrice will wear her mother's tiara, since I suspect it is no longer available. I've thought so ever since Eugenie borrowed one from the Queen.

Duchessblack 09-26-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2255452)
Would love to see her wedding at York Minster but I think it will be St George's and I definately hope she wear's the York tiara! If they sold it ..it has been kept very quiet.

LaRae

I agree the York Minster and York tiara would be great for Beatrice! My feeling is perhaps neither will happen. But a beautiful tiara from the vault will be great also.

Jacknch 09-26-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 2255479)
To be honest, after three Windsor weddings in a row, I'd really like to see an alternative.

I am in total agreement - as lovely as St George's Chapel is, my choice would be York Minster.

Heavs 09-26-2019 01:01 PM

It won't be York Minster, although I used to want it a lot for the York Princesses. They don't have any particular connection to the area (unlike Windsor) and whilst not as busy as London there would be a lot of moaning about the cost of rerouting traffic, security and grandiosity during a time of (probable) austerity and York family scandal. And whilst there are places to rent to host a reception, at Windsor they have the castle and Royal Lodge right there, already under tight control.

We don't know if Edo is a practicing Catholic but even if he was I don't think Westminster Cathedral would be an option for the granddaughter of the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Would a Catholic blessing be an option if they wanted it? I know it's a sacrament but it isn't in the COE.

Destination wedding in Italy? I doubt it, both because of her grandparents and Edo has lived his life in the UK and by all accounts was much closer to his step father than his biological father.

It would be nice to know her mother's tiara has not been sold. Though I think Eugenie wearing the one she did had more to do with it being completely stunning than anything else.

Dman 09-26-2019 01:04 PM

York Minister. Although my dream is to see a palace wedding with inside coverage. I’d like to see Beatrice use her mother’s wedding tiara, too.

Mbruno 09-26-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 2255327)
Now that the engagement has been announced, I think we can start the equivalent thread.

First I give my suggestions:
Wedding in May
In St. George's Chapel in Windsor
Traditional Anglican Wedding (like Eugenie's)
Matron of Honour: Eugenie
Wolfie included among Bridal attendants (and Beatrice's godchild if she has any).

I don’t know if Edoardo is Anglican. If not, maybe they will choose an ecumenical service.

miss whirley 09-26-2019 01:13 PM

for tiara- I'll go with the York tiara. As the eldest daughter it stands to reason that Beatrice will inherit it. That's why I previously predicted Eugenie would wear a different tiara.

for venue- I'll go with St. Margaret's Westminster. That's as close to the Abbey (her parents venue) as she'll get. It's been used before by David Armstrong-Jones. Plus I think they'd like a London wedding. Maybe a lunch reception at Buckingham Palace. Then the next day her parents could host a party at Windsor Lodge.

For the date - April-June . I lean towards the latter end.

Like Eugenie I think there will be a lot of young members of the BRF in the wedding party- Savannah, Isla, George, Charlotte, and Mia. Maybe even Louis and Lena if the wedding date falls after their 2nd birthdays. I can see Eugenie being her "Matron of Honor".

sophie25 09-26-2019 01:16 PM

I agree about St. George's, it is a stunning venue but I'm kind of fed up looking at it now. York Minster would be a glorious church to marry in and the architecture inside would be breathtaking to see on television. Unfortunately I don't see it happening. I am also curious about the carraige ride after the ceremony .There was a lot of anger that taxpayers had to foot a multi million pound security bill for the last one so perhaps the Yorks will cover the cost themselves this time if it goes ahead. Andrew is more unpopular than ever so I think public funding for it would cause even more anger this time around.

ACO 09-26-2019 01:39 PM

Yeah I am hoping for some place other than St. George.
It is lovely but we have been blessed with three in the last year so far.

Moonmaiden23 09-26-2019 01:45 PM

I would love for the wedding to be at York Minster, but there is no way that Beatrice will inconvenience her beloved "Super Gran" so St. George's Windsor it will be.

I don't think any of her attendants will be adults, like Eugenie she will adopt the traditional aristocratic Brit practice of having all children with little Wolfie Mapelli-Mozzi perhaps being in the party. I love George and Charlotte but they are a little bit over exposed for family weddings at this point. I would adore to see little Prince Louis make his wedding debut, won't he be approaching 3 years in Spring 2020? Maybe a bit young?

I don't think this wedding will be a bit subdued. I suspect it will be just as lavish as Eugenie's and then some. I expect to see a few foreign Royals like Beatrice's old school chum Prince Amadeo of Belgium and Princess Elisabetta, and former PM David Cameron as well. I also would not be surprised to see nuptial celebrations taking place in Italy after the wedding in England.

If Edo is at least a nominal Catholic, perhaps a priest or bishop can impart a Nuptial blessing at the service.

As for her tiara, for sentimental reasons I am hoping for the York tiara even though I never found it particularly impressive.

I think ...I hope....that her bridal gown will flatter her classic feminine body and be fitted tightly in the bodice and have a very full skirt with a bustle and a long train veil. I hope to see a champagne/ivory shade, which will look glorious with Beatrice's coloring.

I am very excited for this wedding, which I am almost sure will be about 7 mos from now(April);)

Mirabel 09-26-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 2255516)

I think ...I hope....that her bridal gown will flatter her classic feminine body and be fitted tightly in the bodice and have a very full skirt with a bustle and a long train veil. I hope to see a champagne/ivory shade, which will look glorious with Beatrice's coloring.

That sounds very pretty.
I think touches of apricot/coral, perhaps in the bridesmaids' sashes and the floral arrangements, would also work well.

Pranter 09-26-2019 01:59 PM

I'm hoping for a more vintage style wedding dress for her that will flatter her hourglass figure.

LaRae

WillVictoria 09-26-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 2255516)
I would love for the wedding to be at York Minster, but there is no way that Beatrice will inconvenience her beloved "Super Gran" so St. George's Windsor it will be.

I don't think any of her attendants will be adults, like Eugenie she will adopt the traditional aristocratic Brit practice of having all children with little Wolfie Mapelli-Mozzi perhaps being in the party. I love George and Charlotte but they are a little bit over exposed for family weddings at this point. I would adore to see little Prince Louis make his wedding debut, won't he be approaching 3 years in Spring 2020? Maybe a bit young?

I don't think this wedding will be a bit subdued. I suspect it will be just as lavish as Eugenie's and then some. I expect to see a few foreign Royals like Beatrice's old school chum Prince Amadeo of Belgium and Princess Elisabetta, and former PM David Cameron as well. I also would not be surprised to see nuptial celebrations taking place in Italy after the wedding in England.

If Edo is at least a nominal Catholic, perhaps a priest or bishop can impart a Nuptial blessing at the service.

As for her tiara, for sentimental reasons I am hoping for the York tiara even though I never found it particularly impressive.

I am very excited for this wedding, which I am almost sure will be about 7 mos from now(April);)

Louis will turn 2 in April (born 2018), so he'd be about the age Charlotte was during Pippa's wedding.

Rudolph 09-26-2019 02:41 PM

I can certainly see Prince Louis being a pageboy.

Gawin 09-26-2019 02:41 PM

That would be nice!

An Ard Ri 09-26-2019 02:49 PM

It would be very fitting to see a York wedding in York but I feel St. George’s chapel in Windsor would be more appropriate given the advanced age of the queen and duke of Edinburgh.

Mey 09-26-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 2255453)
Of course they do:
Aunt Jane Ferguson and her children Seamus Makim (probably married and with children), Ayesha Specker, nee Makim (married) and Heidi Ludecke.
Half-uncle Andrew Ferguson (newly married)
Half-Aunt Alice Ferguson (married, probably with children)
Half-Aunt Elizabeth Ferguson (newly married)

But if those children were not included as Eugenie's bridal attendants, I doubt they will be as Beatrice's.

Me too: I wonder if his dad will be present at the wedding, what kind of bond do they have.
My update: among bridal children - included Natalia's child(ren) if she has any.
Best Man will be probably Albermarle Shale, Edo's half-brother.

His father was quoted in the statement by the Palace so I expect him to attend.

crm2317 09-26-2019 04:15 PM

For attendants I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Holly Branson’s twins, Holly and Beatrice seem to be quite close.

An Ard Ri 09-26-2019 04:39 PM

I just realized that I know absolutely nothing about the Ferguson family!

theroyalfly 09-26-2019 04:51 PM

I'm excited to finally see Wolfie at the wedding ceremony!

Heavs 09-26-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theroyalfly (Post 2255585)
I'm excited to finally see Wolfie at the wedding ceremony!

I suspect he will be involved as a page boy but it's always possible his parents will decide that they don't want his face plastered all over the newspapers as the new stepson of a Princess when he's so young and we won't see him in any of the public events.

Pranter 09-26-2019 06:40 PM

Are we going to get a wedding dress thread?

LaRae

HereditaryPrincess 09-26-2019 06:44 PM

I know the wedding itself hasn't even happened yet, but it would be lovely to see Beatrice and Edo have a honeymoon in Italy or one of the Italian islands. I visited Tuscany earlier this month for a short break and thought how lovely a honeymoon there would be. The countryside certainly makes for a romantic atmosphere!

As for the wedding itself; I should imagine that Lady Louise would be chosen as special attendant again - and probably Prince George and Princess Charlotte as page boy and bridesmaid, too. It would be nice if one of Sarah's nieces or nephew's children could be part of the bridal party, too, and I can imagine Edo's son would also be included. Eugenie would probably be the matron of honour.

HRHDuchessofAlbany 09-26-2019 06:53 PM

Im so excited for the couple. My guess is an April Wedding at St. George (Although, I, like many of us, prefer York Minister). I highly doubt she'll use her mothers tiara, I am hoping for the King George III Fringe as a nod to HM or the Strathmore is finally fixed!. I see a ballgown, Short or 3/4 sleeve, definitely a viel (Although Princess Eugenie shocked me lol). Im thinking pink and white flowers. I hope she has adult bridesmaids. Im guess because im American, the idea of only children in the bridal party is odd to me. Typically children are flower girls and ring bearers. But this England so the attendants will most likely be children. I just cant wait for the details.

Empress Merel 09-26-2019 07:05 PM

I'm guessing St. George's and a summer wedding. Somewhere in June or before the Queen heads off to Scotland.

Leopoldine 09-26-2019 09:40 PM

Maybe a wedding in Switzerland?

HM might not be able to make it, but the attention on Andrew might make a Swiss wedding the way to go.

Gawin 09-26-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopoldine (Post 2255685)
Maybe a wedding in Switzerland?

HM might not be able to make it, but the attention on Andrew might make a Swiss wedding the way to go.

If that's an issue they may as well get hitched in the drawing room at Sandringham House with pizza and a pool party afterwards.

JR76 09-26-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gawin (Post 2255687)
If that's an issue they may as well get hitched in the drawing room at Sandringham House with pizza and a pool party afterwards.

Sounds like a good place to hold a wedding to me. Close to the bar.

Lady Marlboro 09-26-2019 10:10 PM

I was thinking Valentines Day might be nice. Its on a Friday next year. HOWEVER, I suspect the weather in Britain at that time of year makes that a very bad idea. So I am going with sometime in May or June, excluding the 15th -20th of June due to Trooping the Colour and Royal Ascot. Location St George's Windsor. Tiara: Something we haven't seen before.

TLLK 09-26-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gawin (Post 2255687)

:lol: I want to see photos from this Sandringham House wedding!!!

Curryong 09-26-2019 10:33 PM

Yes, before, during and afterwards!

JessRulz 09-26-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2255631)
Are we going to get a wedding dress thread?

LaRae

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ngs-46781.html

A thread for tiara suggestions will be live shortly in the Jewel forum.

Lord_Royal 09-26-2019 11:39 PM

St. George's. Peach and pink flowers. April or May. On exactly the same scale as Eugenie, who had a fabulous, tasteful, drop dead elegant wedding. All the Cambridge kids, all the Phillips kids, all the Tindall kids, Freddie Windsor's daughters, and of course her new stepson with a Branson or two thrown in.

For my money, the one to watch is Sarah. Best get off to Emma Louise Design as she did for Harry and Eugenie's wedding - they didn't let her down!

theroyalfly 09-27-2019 12:57 AM

Maybe a wedding outside the UK. They had their engagement in Italy so let's wait.

I'm so excited. I love Edo so much!

MsJulie 09-27-2019 02:39 AM

I think the wedding will be in the UK so the Queen and Prince Phillip will beable to attend. The Princess would not hurt her grandparents by not having it close enough for them to attend.

cdm 09-27-2019 02:47 AM

If the pattern of weddings at Windsor amongst the Queen’s grandchildren is followed...

William not
Harry yes

Peter yes
Zara not

Eugenie yes
Beatrice ...

then York is on the table [emoji6]

Kimmyel 09-27-2019 02:48 AM

I am going to be different....and go out on a limb.

Westminster Abbey
April 24th 2020
Edo will receive a title
Colors will be cream and light blue
She will wear Queen Victoria's Wedding Sapphire Coronet.
Wedding Dress will be Italian as a nod to her husband.
George, Louis and Charlotte will be a part of the wedding with Edo's son.

Countessmeout 09-27-2019 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theroyalfly (Post 2255734)
Maybe a wedding outside the UK. They had their engagement in Italy so let's wait.

I'm so excited. I love Edo so much!

Many couples get engaged abroad for romance. Eugenie got married in Nicaragua on a volcano. William and Kate in Africa. No indication of ceremony.

I don't see why any drive for York. The girls have NO connection to it beyond title. Be like suggesting Harry should have in Wales due to his dad.

Beatrice and Eugenie have even more link to marry at st George then Harry. It's not simply about the queen. They grew up at Windsor, went to school there. Beyond a lunch reception the queen likely will do, Royal lodge is near for the evening party sure to follow.

I honestly don't know if we will see the full Windsor bunch like Eugenie. IMO we may see like Harry some friends kids too. Wolfie of course.

I'd be surprised if we don't see a Branson grandchild or two. Bea founded Big Change with holly and Sam and is close to both. Both Eva (Sam) and Hollys twins will be five or near, good age.

I expect we will see some former royals and people like the Casiraghis at the wedding. She associates with them more then her sister.

Duc_et_Pair 09-27-2019 03:03 AM

I hope it will be a beautiful Italian wedding, in one of the countless eye-pleasing venues that country is littered with.

Heavs 09-27-2019 03:13 AM

Andrew is rumoured to have tried to push for WA with Eugenie and got slapped down by the Queen. If that's the case, Bea isn't getting it. It doesn't have to be St. George's but they aren't upgrading and really they don't have any connection to York beyond territorial designation and they have a multitude of connections to Windsor.

I can see why people are suggesting an Italian wedding but Edo was born in the UK, is a citizen and has spent all his life here. Not that that stops anyone having a destination wedding but it's no different from Pippa and James (to use an example) not getting married at Eden Roc which his family own and love.

theroyalfly 09-27-2019 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 2255755)
I hope it will be a beautiful Italian wedding, in one of the countless eye-pleasing venues that country is littered with.

:heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavs (Post 2255760)
Andrew is rumoured to have tried to push for WA with Eugenie and got slapped down by the Queen. If that's the case, Bea isn't getting it. It doesn't have to be St. George's but they aren't upgrading and really they don't have any connection to York beyond territorial designation and they have a multitude of connections to Windsor.

I can see why people are suggesting an Italian wedding but Edo was born in the UK, is a citizen and has spent all his life here. Not that that stops anyone having a destination wedding but it's no different from Pippa and James (to use an example) not getting married at Eden Roc which his family own and love.

Andrew being slapped down by the Queen is one baseless rumor.

You can't take it from people to think for an Italian wedding or whatever you call it. They were engaged in Italy. Even though, Edo was born and raised in the UK, you can't take away the fact that he has Italian roots.

Let's just hope it will be a great wedding. I love Edo and Bea! They both deserve each other.

Edo is a lovely person.:heart:

Heavs 09-27-2019 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theroyalfly (Post 2255762)
You can't take it from people to think for an Italian wedding or whatever you call it. They were engaged in Italy. Even though, Edo was born and raised in the UK, you can't take away the fact that he has Italian roots.

Let's just hope it will be a great wedding. I love Edo and Bea! They both deserve each other.

Edo is a lovely person.:heart:

I'm not trying to take anything away from those who think they might get married in Italy, it's a possibility. But Where you get engaged rarely has anything to do with it. Yes he has Italian roots but he's spent his whole life in the UK and has an English mother as well. There was never any serious suggestion that Harry and Meghan would get married in the US or have a second wedding there. Or that The Kent or Gloucester couples would get married in Austria or Denmark because that's where the bride came from. Just throwing that out there.

theroyalfly 09-27-2019 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavs (Post 2255764)
I'm not trying to take anything away from those who think they might get married in Italy, it's a possibility. But Where you get engaged rarely has anything to do with it. Yes he has Italian roots but he's spent his whole life in the UK and has an English mother as well. There was never any serious suggestion that Harry and Meghan would get married in the US or have a second wedding there. Or that The Kent or Gloucester couples would get married in Austria or Denmark because that's where the bride came from. Just throwing that out there.

This is a suggestion and musings thread, of course, people will give out even the most impossible suggestions. There's no room of seriousness in this thread.

Edo and Bea are a match made in heaven. :heart:

Osipi 09-27-2019 03:40 AM

I think the heritage angle that is going to matter most with this couple actually are the living and breathing ones in Beatrice's grandparents with both being in their 90s. I can't imagine Beatrice wanting her wedding to be anywhere that her beloved grandparents couldn't access easily.

Windsor also fits the tradition of the bride being married in her home parish. This is really the similarity between Beatrice's and Pippa's wedding and also Eugenie's. Home parish has much more meaning than territorial titles and past ancestors either British or Italian.

The most important thing though is that wherever they do marry, home is where they'll hang their hearts. It will be a beautiful wedding, I'm sure. :smile:

Heavs 09-27-2019 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theroyalfly (Post 2255766)
This is a suggestion and musings thread, of course, people will give out even the most impossible suggestions. There's no room of seriousness in this thread.

Edo and Bea are a match made in heaven. :heart:

People are obviously allowed and going to throw out all sorts of suggestions or wishes but....

No room for serious suggestions? :eek:

I don't know if they're a match made in heaven as we know very little about them but they do seem happy together so far. It is nice to see her so happy.

Princess B 09-27-2019 07:01 AM

Since they’ve announced the engagement in September I’m predicting a spring wedding - March/April.

Tilia C. 09-27-2019 07:35 AM

The thread for Princess Beatrice's wedding tiara and jewellery is now online. It's also including a poll.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ngs-46776.html
Some of the posts about her tiara choice will be move from this thread to the new one.

sophie25 09-27-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess B (Post 2255801)
Since they’ve announced the engagement in September I’m predicting a spring wedding - March/April.

It's hard to predict, W and K announced in November as did H and M and one was in April the other in May. Ella Windsor announced in September and was in May. I get a feeling it will be the end of April/early May.

Mirabel 09-27-2019 09:12 AM

I'm wondering where they will live afterwards.
Will Beatrice be permitted to keep the apartment in St. James Palace where they live now?

Osipi 09-27-2019 09:22 AM

That's a really good question. Off hand, I think they could live just about anywhere they wanted to set up residence. It wouldn't have to be St. James Palace or KP either. The security for Beatrice (to the best of my knowledge) is provided out of pocket by Andrew and not through the Met Police on the taxpayer's dime.

They may stay at St. James or they may even take Nottingham Cottage at KP for a while until they figure out where they'd want their family home to be. It'll be an interesting development to watch. Who knows? They may even opt for NYC. As Beatrice is a private citizen, there are a lot more options than there were for other royal newlyweds recently.

Pranter 09-27-2019 09:55 AM

I think Edo moved in with Beatrice at St James a while back...but he is a property guy...they can get their own place if they want to. They have the means and ability.

LaRae

Tatiana Maria 09-27-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 2255819)
I'm wondering where they will live afterwards.
Will Beatrice be permitted to keep the apartment in St. James Palace where they live now?

Is Princess Beatrice still working in New York?

muriel 09-27-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2255823)
That's a really good question. Off hand, I think they could live just about anywhere they wanted to set up residence. It wouldn't have to be St. James Palace or KP either. The security for Beatrice (to the best of my knowledge) is provided out of pocket by Andrew and not through the Met Police on the taxpayer's dime.

They may stay at St. James or they may even take Nottingham Cottage at KP for a while until they figure out where they'd want their family home to be. It'll be an interesting development to watch. Who knows? They may even opt for NYC. As Beatrice is a private citizen, there are a lot more options than there were for other royal newlyweds recently.

> Whilst security for Beatrice, when used, is funded privately by Andrew, it will not cost anything in terms of security costs if she stays within the KP or SJP complexes. This may well be her preferred option.

> Given that she is not particularly high up the food chain now, they may well choose to live privately in West London.

> I doubt they would move to NYC, as Edo's business is based in London.

duchesschicana 09-27-2019 03:21 PM

yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria (Post 2255842)
Is Princess Beatrice still working in New York?

yes she did something for affiniti recently

Moonmaiden23 09-28-2019 04:39 AM

:previous: I wonder why the London bookies are betting on Westminster Abbey? I can see it being a sentimental choice for the bride since her parents wed there, but isn't there an unspoken agreement that the Abbey is reserved for senior Royals?

Harry didn't even get a WA wedding, though he was said to be strongly in favor of Windsor anyway because he and Meghan carried out their courtship there.

But still.....

Biri 09-28-2019 04:51 AM

I think next Wedding in Westmister Abbey will be Prince George's wedding.

Heavs 09-28-2019 05:05 AM

There was a rumour that Andrew tried for the Abbey for Eugenie and got shot down by the Queen. Don't know why bookies are favouring it but the record for royal betting is patchy at best.

Windsor is Beatrice's childhood home so that's even more of a connection than Harry and Meghan, if they wanted to go that route.

muriel 09-28-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 2256072)
:previous: Which saddens me for two reasons: Princess Beatrice and Edoardo have done absolutely nothing wrong, and I am more interested in this particular British Royal wedding and couple than any of the other recent ones.:sad::bang:

I appreciate they many not have done anything wrong, but it may just be a reflection of the current environment: commentary about the "excesses" of Eugenie's wedding, Andrew's issues with Epstein, Brexit.....

tommy100 09-28-2019 09:32 AM

Well I always thought Beatrice was more bothered about being a royal than Eugenie so if one of them was going to opt for the Abbey I would think it would be Beatrice but equally I think its sort of become the norm for the queens grandchildren (bar William as heir) to marry at st george’s. The only exception was Zara who married at the “equivalent” in Edinburgh as it was over summer and HM was at Balmoral.

Mirabel 09-28-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 2256084)
:previous: I wonder why the London bookies are betting on Westminster Abbey? I can see it being a sentimental choice for the bride since her parents wed there, but isn't there an unspoken agreement that the Abbey is reserved for senior Royals?

Harry didn't even get a WA wedding, though he was said to be strongly in favor of Windsor anyway because he and Meghan carried out their courtship there.

But still.....

Maybe the bookies are trying to work up interest in an alternative to St. George's?

Because, much as I would wish it otherwise, I will be amazed if the wedding takes place anywhere other than Windsor.
It's the venue easiest for Beatrice's grandparents and has facilities for the reception and after-parties.

But- I doubt they'll repeat that controversial carriage ride through Windsor.

Biri 09-28-2019 10:02 AM

Why is the carriage ride controversial?
The couple wants to share their happiness with the viewers.

Iluvbertie 09-28-2019 10:09 AM

It required extra security paid for by the British public as it went through the streets of Windsor.

I am wondering whether the bookies are going for WA because in each pair of grandchildren the younger has had the less grand church - St George's is grander than the Canongate Kirk (one holds 800 while the other only 400); WA is grander than St Georges and Eugenie has had the 'younger sibling's' venue.

Personally I do think it will be St George's but I did notice that the bookies also had St James' on the list. As this is where Beatrice and Edo live at the moment it would be a nice place for them.

Curryong 09-28-2019 10:14 AM

The question of costs and security comes into it. And we don't even know if this wedding will be televised. The BBC didn't want to show Eugenie's nuptials, and it was only at Andrew's insistence that ITV agreed to add it to their morning programming.

Mirabel 09-28-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 2256114)

Personally I do think it will be St George's but I did notice that the bookies also had St James' on the list. As this is where Beatrice and Edo live at the moment it would be a nice place for them.

Wouldn't St. James be too small?

JR76 09-28-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 2256117)
Wouldn't St. James be too small?

That depends on how big of a wedding they want. During Victoria and Albert's wedding about 300 people could be squeezed into the chapel. When you think of that she had 12 bridesmaids and all the ladies wore crinolines I'm sure an equal number of guests could be accommodated today.

Gawin 09-28-2019 10:40 AM

The Palace will need to emphatically ban crinolines.

Stefan 09-28-2019 10:43 AM

I also think Wedding at St. Georgs Chapel in early May. What i noticed however is that in the case of Eugenie and Jack together with the engagement it was annoucned that the wedding would take opalce in autumn at. st. Georgs Chapel. No mention of a wedding Venue now with the egagement annoucment for Beatrice and Edo.

Dman 09-28-2019 10:46 AM

My guess Beatrice is exploring the venues now. It have to be booked in advance.

Pranter 09-28-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gawin (Post 2256122)

Spoilsport!

LaRae

Osipi 09-28-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gawin (Post 2256122)

Along with those ghastly bumrolls. :lol:

Pranter 09-28-2019 11:31 AM

Do you all think for some reason Beatrice is going to be wearing a period costume? That's way past vintage! lol

LaRae

Osipi 09-28-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2256130)
Do you all think for some reason Beatrice is going to be wearing a period costume? That's way past vintage! lol

LaRae

Just having a giggle or two with the discussion on how many can fit into St. Jame's now as opposed to when Victoria and Albert married there. Its fun.

Then again, what would be totally different with Beatrice and Edo's wedding is if they decided to go with a period wedding and the theme is Victorian times. After all, Beatrice did have a cameo role in the "Young Victoria" movie as a lady in waiting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Prin...nY4zOySlas2gM:

Pranter 09-28-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2256133)
Just having a giggle or two with the discussion on how many can fit into St. Jame's now as opposed to when Victoria and Albert married there. Its fun.

Then again, what would be totally different with Beatrice and Edo's wedding is if they decided to go with a period wedding and the theme is Victorian times. After all, Beatrice did have a cameo role in the "Young Victoria" movie as a lady in waiting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Prin...nY4zOySlas2gM:

While I hope she wears something more vintage even with a Victorian feel ...I don't want her to wear a costume! I've seen a few dresses that give a hint of that without being overly so.

LaRae

Osipi 09-28-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2256139)
While I hope she wears something more vintage even with a Victorian feel ...I don't want her to wear a costume! I've seen a few dresses that give a hint of that without being overly so.

LaRae

Oh it'll never happen. I was being fanciful and giggling at the idea of HM, The Queen dressed as her great-great-grandmother. She could even wear the tiara that Victoria deemed could only be worn by the monarch. :biggrin:

Curryong 09-28-2019 12:27 PM

Victoria wore black though and a widow's cap and veil for the last forty years of her life. Not very cheerful for a wedding or appropriate with Prince Philip still around.

And, strictly speaking, Victoria didn't wear a crinoline for her wedding in 1840. They didn't come into fashion in England until around 1857. There were crinolines at her eldest son's wedding but that was at St Georges Chapel. More room!

Heavs 09-28-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2256116)
The question of costs and security comes into it. And we don't even know if this wedding will be televised. The BBC didn't want to show Eugenie's nuptials, and it was only at Andrew's insistence that ITV agreed to add it to their morning programming.

This Morning's "Royal Wedding Special" did some good numbers for the time of day and being a week day wedding of a non William and Harry young royal. If they're thinking Bea's might do around the same then I think they would be open to the discussion at least. If that's something the Yorks and Bea and Edo want this time around.

I think the carriage ride will be mixed because that was the most controversial part, even though people did actually turn up to watch in the end.

Ah, going to a themed wedding/party and being able to wear the actual pieces themselves...…..

HighGoalHighDreams 09-28-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 2256125)

I believe The Queen chooses the venue. Certainly, she did when Eugenie announced her engagement.

sophie25 09-28-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavs (Post 2256161)
This Morning's "Royal Wedding Special" did some good numbers for the time of day and being a week day wedding of a non William and Harry young royal. If they're thinking Bea's might do around the same then I think they would be open to the discussion at least. If that's something the Yorks and Bea and Edo want this time around.

I think the carriage ride will be mixed because that was the most controversial part, even though people did actually turn up to watch in the end.

Ah, going to a themed wedding/party and being able to wear the actual pieces themselves...…..

The carraige ride was seen as a 3 million pounds vanity project at taxpayers expense. The local council complained about having to pay towards the policing after a childrens play area and library in the area had been closed shortly before due to lack of money. There was also an extra security charge for policing within the castle precincts as Andrew insisted on having members of the public there too but all in all it was the procession around the town that was the main expense. IF the Yorks want to go down this road again it would be highly advisable that they pick up the security bill themselves and maybe they will.

Mirabel 09-28-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 2256125)

I'd be willing to bet that everything major has already been decided, even before the public announcement.
The BRF is all about planning.

sophie25 09-28-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 2256171)
I'd be willing to bet that everything major has already been decided, even before the public announcement.
The BRF is all about planning.

I agree, BP didn't announce that Lady Gabriella was marrying at St. George's and having the reception at Frogmore House until 3 months after the engagement but I don't believe that LG spent those 3 months looking at venues. She said that Windsor was her first choice and I'm sure the Queen would have approved that before the engagement was even announced. I think that B will also know where she is marrying and probably the date too. Why BP sometimes delay in confirming these details I don't know.

Hallo girl 09-28-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams (Post 2256165)
I believe The Queen chooses the venue. Certainly, she did when Eugenie announced her engagement.

I would suggest HM approves the choices rather than makes them. If need be would say no.