The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/general-news-about-the-sussex-family-part-one-may-2019-march-2020-a-46407.html)

Durham 03-16-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2301608)
That's what I said...the boys had their own RPO's.

You'd have to ask Harry that. Maybe he wanted to but his father asked him to not do it or to wait.

LaRae

Maybe he did. Who knows? I guess going forward this might be an option for those born into the royal family who want out for whatever reason. I've mentioned Patricia of Connaught before. Seems like an honest & straightforward solution.

Pranter 03-16-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durham (Post 2301612)
Maybe he did. Who knows? I guess going forward this might be an option for those born into the royal family who want out for whatever reason. I've mentioned Patricia of Connaught before. Seems like an honest & straightforward solution.

Yes well if they are going with the rumored 'slimmed down' monarchy then they will have to come up with a plan for 'excess' children of the King/Queen and siblings of the monarch.

LaRae

Denville 03-16-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2301608)
That's what I said...the boys had their own RPO's.

You'd have to ask Harry that. Maybe he wanted to but his father asked him to not do it or to wait.

LaRae

I doubt Charles can make Harry do anything.

Denville 03-16-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppy7 (Post 2301623)
Why would they have to come up with a plan. In Spain only the reigning monarch and their children are part of it and others fall away. Sofia I am sure can have a normal life. Or they can keep it loose and see where life takes the various members.

Indeed. Charles had a plan.. WIlliam was the heir and Harry had a job as covering the Commonwelath and supporting the queen and later William. He then left tehm in the lurch. I think they'll have to cut down on what they do.. but his sudden departure has meant that they are now probably trying to revise their plans...

Osipi 03-16-2020 06:36 PM

In the business and corporate world, there are always changes and bumps in the road ahead and the "Firm" isn't any different. We've seen some big changes made in the near past that affect the "Firm" but as the "Firm" is a well oiled machine and has been able to adapt and adjust over years of history, it will be just fine.

Harry and Meghan haven't totally deserted the family. They just do not work for the "Firm" anymore. Who's to say that in the future there won't be some kind of collaboration between incentives such as "Heads Together" and "United for Wildlife" of which Harry is still an ambassador (if I'm not mistaken and he doesn't need to be "royal" to fulfill that role as David Beckham is also an ambassador).

The "new" way of doing things for the Sussexes is going to take time to be put in place and implemented. I'm sincerely interested in following what does develop. Although there has been much emphasis lately on H&M "making money", I do get the feeling that it won't be as "commercial" as people are intimating its going to be. I do think they'll mainly focus on making a difference wherever they go and whatever they do. But that's just me. :biggrin:

Denville 03-16-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2301637)
In the business and corporate world, there are always changes and bumps in the road ahead and the "Firm" isn't any different. We've seen some big changes made in the near past that affect the "Firm" but as the "Firm" is a well oiled machine and has been able to adapt and adjust over years of history, it will be just fine.

Harry and Meghan haven't totally deserted the family. They just do not work for the "Firm" anymore. Who's to say that in the future there won't be some kind of collaboration between incentives such as "Heads Together" and "United for Wildlife" of which Harry is still an ambassador (if I'm not mistaken and he doesn't need to be "royal" to fulfill that role as David Beckham is also an ambassador).

The "new" way of doing things for the Sussexes is going to take time to be put in place and implemented. I'm sincerely interested in following what does develop. Although there has been much emphasis lately on H&M "making money", I do get the feeling that it won't be as "commercial" as people are intimating its going to be. I do think they'll mainly focus on making a difference wherever they go and whatever they do. But that's just me. :biggrin:

They are going to have to work hard to make money. They wll need to start paying for their own security and that alone wont come cheap. Then there is the travelling... when that's allowed again. Harry and Meghan wanted out. And that left Charles (and William) in the lurch but what could he do but put up with it.?

Elan 03-17-2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2301639)
They are going to have to work hard to make money. They wll need to start paying for their own security and that alone wont come cheap. Then there is the travelling... when that's allowed again. Harry and Meghan wanted out. And that left Charles (and William) in the lurch but what could he do but put up with it.?

They may have to work, but if their plans changed to find a residence in the U.S., the notoriety and celebrity should bring them opportunity. A book deal, film role for Meghan. Harry could sift through and pick various products to endorse. Just one of those, like Samsung or Rolex, pays well, and without breaking a sweat.

Denville 03-17-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elan (Post 2301675)
They may have to work, but if their plans changed to find a residence in the U.S., the notoriety and celebrity should bring them opportunity. A book deal, film role for Meghan. Harry could sift through and pick various products to endorse. Just one of those, like Samsung or Rolex, pays well, and without breaking a sweat.

Notoriety is not a quality you would expect tehm to wish to make use of, to earn a living. And they don't live In the US... they live in Canada...

Zonk 03-17-2020 11:58 AM

For goodness sake..we are rehashing several topics that have been discussed in GREAT DETAIL MANY TIMES in other threads.

Ista 03-22-2020 10:08 PM

The thread has been cleaned up, and numerous off topic comments, and posts that are primarily rehashing points that have been extensively discussed on this and other threads have been deleted.

This is a reminder that the thread is for General News about the Sussex Family, so please stay on topic.

In addition, ignoring a moderator note, and continuing to make derailing, off topic, or argumentative posts will result in a time out, as explained here:

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...out-47299.html

soapstar 03-26-2020 05:59 PM

Meghan and Harry have moved to Los Angeles.

https://people.com/royals/meghan-mar...-the-l-a-area/

Pranter 03-26-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 2303825)

This is about the 25th time a magazine/tabloid has had them moved. I want to see something more reliable before I believe this story.

LaRae

ACO 03-26-2020 07:37 PM

I am sure we will get confirmation (or not) soon. Though I can believe it. If they did it seemed like they had this in motion before they even returned to the UK.

O-H Anglophile 03-26-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 2303825)

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is true. At least Meghan has U.S. citizenship and Harry can get residency as a spouse. Legal residency was a problem in Canada.

Fijiro 03-26-2020 08:54 PM

And yet another publication have them moving to Devens MA
so who knows ...
https://www.harvardpress.com/Feature...cate-to-Devens

HighGoalHighDreams 03-26-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fijiro (Post 2303869)
And yet another publication have them moving to Devens MA
so who knows ...
https://www.harvardpress.com/Feature...cate-to-Devens

This is a joke. :cool:

Curbside 03-26-2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile (Post 2303855)
It wouldn’t surprise me if this is true. At least Meghan has U.S. citizenship and Harry can get residency as a spouse. Legal residency was a problem in Canada.

LA is probably the best option for the Sussexes. I have no trouble believing that this would be true.

Countessmeout 03-26-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elan (Post 2301675)

Honestly if they were worried about money, they would be smarter to stay in Canada. Their funds they already have will go further here, conversion and all. Acting or speaking jobs they can do from where ever. Many celebrities choose to live away from Hollywood or New York. They simply are in the city when they are working and have homes away from the prying eyes instead.

Endorsements, book deals and such wont stop because they are living in Canada.

Even if they chose the US, in no way is LA the BEST option for them. The cost of living is extremely high for them to live in a nicer area. The cost of security would be high because of the paparazzi in the city. And there is no sign Meghan plans to try and being a Hollywood actress/movie star. Even if she did, a lot of those movies are not filmed in Hollywood they are filmed on location.

muriel 03-27-2020 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2303874)
Honestly if they were worried about money, they would be smarter to stay in Canada. Their funds they already have will go further here, conversion and all. Acting or speaking jobs they can do from where ever. Many celebrities choose to live away from Hollywood or New York. They simply are in the city when they are working and have homes away from the prying eyes instead.

Endorsements, book deals and such wont stop because they are living in Canada.

Even if they chose the US, in no way is LA the BEST option for them. The cost of living is extremely high for them to live in a nicer area. The cost of security would be high because of the paparazzi in the city. And there is no sign Meghan plans to try and being a Hollywood actress/movie star. Even if she did, a lot of those movies are not filmed in Hollywood they are filmed on location.

> I do not think they will be worried about money. Day to day expenses will no doubt be covered by Daddy, and I am sure some wealthy benefactor (Oprah? George Clooney? somebody else) will have been found who will lend them a suitably special house in LA for a few years.

> As regards paparrazzi, again I do not think they will be worried particularly. As long as they can be pictured in the right setting and control their narrative, I would be surprised if they genuinely had a concern with the media.

Dalriada 03-27-2020 04:22 AM

So they have finally finalised Megxit by leaving the Commonwealth as predicted:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'move from Canada to set up permanent base in California'
https://www.independent.ie/style/cel...-39080698.html