The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/staff-of-the-duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-46046.html)

Jacknch 09-01-2018 07:44 AM

Staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
 
https://i66.tinypic.com/og9nvd.pnghttps://i64.tinypic.com/9hsaiq.png
Coat of Arms of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Welcome to the thread to discuss the Staff of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Please note that all posts relating to the Current Events of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex should be posted in the appropriate thread.

***

Rudolph 09-12-2018 07:15 PM

Staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
 
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex this afternoon received Mr Edward Lane Fox upon relinquishing his appointment as Private Secretary to Their Royal Highnesses.

Via Gerts Royals Twitter

jacqui24 09-12-2018 11:12 PM

ELF ELF ELF ELF ELF.

Ok got that out of my system. I’m going to miss that initial. :lol:

I’m really happy with the time ELF spent serving as Harry’s Private Secretary. He set up the office and helped Harry navigate life as a working royal while remaining himself. Helped turn his passion into worthy causes and projects. And of course, he’s also been said to be very instrumental to Meghan, both while they were dating and with the wedding. I could not be more pleased with how their public life during the engagement and how the wedding turned out. Huge credit to ELF!

Curryong 09-13-2018 12:35 AM

I second that! Thank you so much ELF. (Wonder whether future Private Secs will have such great initials?) Hope the next Private Secretary is as good. I think Edward always had Harry's back and I think they were excellent friends. Good luck in his future career.

Rudolph 11-09-2018 08:56 PM

An aide of Meghanís has apparently quit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-wedding.html

Marlo 11-09-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2169249)
An aide of Meghan’s has apparently quit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-wedding.html

Who is Melissa? The bogus story about the tiara and now this. I am sorry but I think it's a smear campaign against Meghan.

Osipi 11-09-2018 09:27 PM

Of course, if anyone were to quit such a "prestigious" job such as working for The Duchess of Sussex, the blame would be put on Meghan. Never mind that people do quit their jobs for personal reasons of their own such as marriage, pregnancy, family responsibilities and need to relocate and a bazillion other good reasons.

This article was written solely to smear Meghan as Marlo stated and I'm in agreement with that. Its what the tabloids do. Its what they feed on. Its why they're not worth paying attention to. Its why they are best served to line bird cages and collect what they print. ;)

Curryong 11-09-2018 09:43 PM

Yes the venom is fairly dripping off the page. And who Melissa is, God knows. Meghan's Private Secretary is Samantha Cohen. The Assistant PS is Amy Pickerell, so describing this person as 'Meghan's closest aide' is more than a bit of an exaggeration! The Fail never allows the facts to get in the way of a good jab at Meghan, however.

jacqui24 11-09-2018 10:23 PM

Richard Eden also falsely accused Mulroneys of accepting a free Jaguar last week. Jessica and Ben unequivocally denied it when the story came out.

Marlo 11-09-2018 10:30 PM

Richard Eden tweeted Dan Wootton last night.

@richardaeden: Wasn't this in our serialisation of @theroyaleditor's book last week?

@DanWootton: No it wasn’t. Although I read every word of that and it’s a brilliant book.

@richardaeden: Great story

So Richard fabricated the personal assistant story. Disgusting.

jacqui24 11-09-2018 11:01 PM

Btw, didn’t we just have the very opposite reporting from the same publications from those tabloids not too long ago in regards to the Duchess of Sussex before? Where she was accused, in a negative tone, about being too close to staff? Now she’s, in the same negative tone, too bitchy to them? GMAFB.

jacqui24 11-09-2018 11:34 PM

One more thought, I highly doubt a PA would be left to deal with the Thomas Markle situation instead of all Private Secretary, Assistant Private Secretaries, and Communications staff. Even the task of picking up Doria from the airport was handled by Amy Pickerill personally.

W.Y.CII 11-10-2018 12:03 AM

I am really tired of these jokes from DF. Not even worth to discuss. But still some people would sadly take DF seriously. :ermm:

MARG 11-10-2018 09:26 PM

Just a thought folks, is it possible that the mysterious Melissa is in fact, Samantha Cohen? If I remember correctly there was "a tiff at the Palace" and HM's Private Secretary, Sir Christopher Geidt, resigned in high dudgeon and Samantha resigned in solidarity. However, HM persuaded her to stay to help get the Sussexes, and in particular Meghan, successfully launched for their first of six months?

If it is Samantha, her leaving has been in the works for since July 2017.

JuliannaVictoria 11-10-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 2169623)
Just a thought folks, is it possible that the mysterious Melissa is in fact, Samantha Cohen? If I remember correctly there was "a tiff at the Palace" and HM's Private Secretary, Sir Christopher Geidt, resigned in high dudgeon and Samantha resigned in solidarity. However, HM persuaded her to stay to help get the Sussexes, and in particular Meghan, successfully launched for their first of six months?

If it is Samantha, her leaving has been in the works for since July 2017.

BINGO!!! You hit the nail on the head. DM just stirring the pot because they have nothing else better to do with their time and energies.

O-H Anglophile 11-10-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria (Post 2169628)
BINGO!!! You hit the nail on the head. DM just stirring the pot because they have nothing else better to do with their time and energies.

The Daily Mail has also thrown Edward Lane Fox's resignation into the story too, even though his leaving was announced Summer 2017.

Zaira 11-10-2018 10:15 PM

The DM has at least SEVEN stories on the Sussexes right now on its online front page. Insanity!

To insinuate that ELF's leaving is because of Meghan, as they are, is so shady and I hope Harry files an IPSO complaint. ELF announced he was leaving well over a year ago and there were rumors he was leaving before that even because of his wife's rumored health issues.

Sam Cohen was always supposed to stick around for 6 months only. Again, the DM is insinuating that there is an issue with Meghan (never Harry apparently).

jacqui24 11-10-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaira (Post 2169639)
The DM has at least SEVEN stories on the Sussexes right now on its online front page. Insanity!

To insinuate that ELF's leaving is because of Meghan, as they are, is so shady and I hope Harry files an IPSO complaint. ELF announced he was leaving well over a year ago and there were rumors he was leaving before that even because of his wife's rumored health issues.

Sam Cohen was always supposed to stick around for 6 months only. Again, the DM is insinuating that there is an issue with Meghan (never Harry apparently).

I've noticed for a long time that negative stories tend to pop up when the Sussexes, specifically Meghan, has been out of public eye for a little bit. It used to be the case with the Markle stories. I suppose they have to come up with something to generate clicks if there is nothing else they can write about Meghan.

Curryong 11-10-2018 11:38 PM

Who is the mysterious Melissa? A phantom? She's not among senior staff listed as working at KP. She can't be Samantha as the DM is saying that Sam is the second to leave, along with ELF, both of whom were going to leave anyway.

British tabloids IMO have stored these stories up for when the Sussexes came back from their successful tour. It's disgusting, and imagine how disheartened Meghan, who is not used to these onslaughts must feel.

MARG 11-11-2018 01:47 AM

:previous: Well, whoever the mysterious Melissa is, according to the media KP have broken with tradition and said she was the best thing since sliced bread was invented and they'll miss her. Has anyone found that press release? ROFL

cepe 11-11-2018 08:39 AM

Melissa is Melissa Crow who once worked for Madonna.

Terri Terri 11-11-2018 08:42 AM

Did Melissa work with Harry and Meghan?

Curryong 11-11-2018 09:03 AM

I heard rumours about this Melissa Crow, an American who once worked for Madonna, joining Meghan's team as a PA at KP round about April/May. However I'd almost forgotten about her. I don't think she was on the tour was she, and she wasn't exactly prominent or regarded as 'close' to Meghan?

jacqui24 11-11-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2169841)
I heard rumours about this Melissa Crow, an American who once worked for Madonna, joining Meghan's team as a PA at KP round about April/May. However I'd almost forgotten about her. I don't think she was on the tour was she, and she wasn't exactly prominent or regarded as 'close' to Meghan?

I donít remember hearing about this. But if she was hired in April/May as a PA, I highly doubt sheís pivotal in handling the Thomas Markle situation. Nor did she quit due to any high demands that Meghan can come up with. :whistling:

Madame Verseau 11-26-2018 09:36 PM

Well the Fail named Meghan's PA who quit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Williams.html

This woman has zero experience working in a royal household. She was the right hand woman of Robbie Williams. It's not the same. I wonder if she was expected to be top dog as the Duchess of Sussex's assistant and everyone reports to her - including Samantha Cohen and Amy Pickerell. Wouldn't be surprised if staff were at loggerheads and someone had to go - and it was her. The resignation and endorsement saves face.

jacqui24 11-26-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Verseau (Post 2175185)
Well the Fail named Meghan's PA who quit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Williams.html

This woman has zero experience working in a royal household. She was the right hand woman of Robbie Williams. It's not the same. I wonder if she was expected to be top dog as the Duchess of Sussex's assistant and everyone reports to her - including Samantha Cohen and Amy Pickerell. Wouldn't be surprised if staff were at loggerheads and someone had to go - and it was her. The resignation and endorsement saves face.

Hold on, letís back up for a moment to work out some details. :lol: So, if I remember this whole story correctly, it was about a PA thatís quit recently after only 6 months on the job who was considered ďpivotalĒ to the success of the wedding. Ok, so my question how DF is how is it possible a woman who started her job around the time of the wedding to be ďpivotalĒ to anything? Unless they want to tell me with a straight face that a 600 person wedding that was televised around the world was planned in a month or so. No? Ok.

Curryong 11-27-2018 12:00 AM

I've never heard of this woman, and I keep a reasonably close eye on the Sussexes. Melissa was described as being 'Meghan's closest PA' when she supposedly suddenly quit, so that says a lot either about my observation skills or about tabloid hyperbole, not sure which!

jacqui24 11-27-2018 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2175196)
I've never heard of this woman, and I keep a reasonably close eye on the Sussexes. Melissa was described as being 'Meghan's closest PA' when she sopposedly suddenly quit, so that says a lot either about my observation skills or about tabloid hyperbole, not sure which!

Well, she apparently also has two identities. So :lol:

MaiaMia_53 11-27-2018 01:50 AM

Re all the negative tab reports:

I don't happen to think staff grumbling is anything serious. There's always been reports that circulate regarding some staff and royal courtiers having issues with new members of the royal family. I'm sure there's staff who have had issues with the homegrown Windsors as well. Princess Margaret anyone? There were plenty of reports of Diana being 'difficult' too. This is nothing new.

In the beginning, it was said that Meghan was hugging everybody and needed to tone it down. :lol:

As far as Meghan being an early riser, a hardworker, and a perfectionist with ideas and high expectations for herself and those around her, cool! I think these qualities are revealing keystones that have a lot to do with Meghan's success in life, well before she met Prince Harry. Good for her, and lucky for Harry and the British royal family. Staff who can't keep up with the program, or who don't like Meghan can certainly move on.

Fros 11-27-2018 02:11 AM

I thought this was the most damning bit from the article.

A source said "some of the staff don't seem to want to give Meghan a chance. Harry is besotted and understandably extremely protective of her

This doesn't make anyone look good and it makes it seem like the staff aren't falling in line. There seem to be staff who don't like or accept Meghan for whatever reason and if the staff don't want to give Meghan a chance what can she do? No wonder there's leaks all over the place that put her in a negative light. It doesn't sounds like a professional environment but rather that the staff of the palace are more snobby and judgmental than the royals themselves.

MaiaMia_53 11-27-2018 02:18 AM

:previous: Yes, exactly.

Osipi 11-27-2018 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fros (Post 2175224)
I thought this was the most damning bit from the article.

A source said "some of the staff don't seem to want to give Meghan a chance. Harry is besotted and understandably extremely protective of her

This doesn't make anyone look good and it makes it seem like the staff aren't falling in line. There seem to be staff who don't like or accept Meghan for whatever reason and if the staff don't want to give Meghan a chance what can she do? No wonder there's leaks all over the place that put her in a negative light. It doesn't sounds like a professional environment but rather that the staff of the palace are more snobby and judgmental than the royals themselves.

Seems pretty simple to me regarding the part I've put in bold letters. As I see it, the staff is working for The Duchess of Sussex. She is their employer. If her team isn't functioning the way it should be or the way she wants it to be, all she has to do is tell those that aren't "team" players to take a very long lunch, permanently, to find a new job without references. I'm sure that Harry would back her up on this. :biggrin:

jacqui24 11-27-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fros (Post 2175224)
I thought this was the most damning bit from the article.

A source said "some of the staff don't seem to want to give Meghan a chance. Harry is besotted and understandably extremely protective of her

This doesn't make anyone look good and it makes it seem like the staff aren't falling in line. There seem to be staff who don't like or accept Meghan for whatever reason and if the staff don't want to give Meghan a chance what can she do? No wonder there's leaks all over the place that put her in a negative light. It doesn't sounds like a professional environment but rather that the staff of the palace are more snobby and judgmental than the royals themselves.

THIS. I said when the snide Hurricane Meghan article came out. In an attempt to be snarky about Meghan, it makes others look worse. None of the articles actually says sheís snapping at people for no reasons or that sheís just throwing tantrums. In all the details decribed, she seemed like a woman who is trying to work and doesnít like to slow down. That being labeled difficult and demanding makes the Palace staff look weak and lazy. Iím sure there are some in sexist quarters that will see a woman with work ethics and opinion to be negative, but other than that, it just seems like someone who works hard and have standards.

Ista 11-27-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fros (Post 2175224)
I thought this was the most damning bit from the article.

A source said "some of the staff don't seem to want to give Meghan a chance. Harry is besotted and understandably extremely protective of her

This doesn't make anyone look good and it makes it seem like the staff aren't falling in line. There seem to be staff who don't like or accept Meghan for whatever reason and if the staff don't want to give Meghan a chance what can she do? No wonder there's leaks all over the place that put her in a negative light. It doesn't sounds like a professional environment but rather that the staff of the palace are more snobby and judgmental than the royals themselves.

Sounds like the Sussexes may need new staff if that is the case. That is complete and utter nonsense, this business of giving her a chance. The staff is extraordinarily privileged to get a chance to add a stint at KP to their resume. If the working conditions or their bosses are not to their taste, they can move along and let Meghan and Harry find staff who are loyal to them and willing to work hard.

And how shocking that Harry is "besotted and protective"! Frankly, I'd find it a whole lot more shocking if he weren't, and it would make me wonder about the long term viability of the relationship.

I'm actually wondering if these so called leaks are coming from the previously mentioned and mysterious Melissa: it seems to me she might be the one with the disgruntled axe to grind.

Edited to add: And here's an additional thought. If the leaks that fueled this latest round of negativity about Meghan and Catherine is not Melissa, and came from current KP staff, it is not a Harry and Meghan problem, it is a Harry, William, Kate, and Meghan problem, and knowing that both William and Harry have short fuses with anything regarding their family, I wouldn't care to be any of the staff at KP while William and Harry are getting to the bottom of all this. It also wouldn't surprise me if Charles got involved. The Windsors expect loyalty and discretion above all, and this is definitely neither. Which is why I'm still suspecting Mysterious Melissa as the source.

jacqui24 11-27-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ista (Post 2175289)
Sounds like the Sussexes may need new staff if that is the case. That is complete and utter nonsense, this business of giving her a chance. The staff is extraordinarily privileged to get a chance to add a stint at KP to their resume. If the working conditions or their bosses are not to their taste, they can move along and let Meghan and Harry find staff who are loyal to them and willing to work hard.

And how shocking that Harry is "besotted and protective"! Frankly, I'd find it a whole lot more shocking if he weren't, and it would make me wonder about the long term viability of the relationship.

I'm actually wondering if these so called leaks are coming from the previously mentioned and mysterious Melissa: it seems to me she might be the one with the disgruntled axe to grind.

Edited to add: And here's an additional thought. If the leaks that fueled this latest round of negativity about Meghan and Catherine is not Melissa, and came from current KP staff, it is not a Harry and Meghan problem, it is a Harry, William, Kate, and Meghan problem, and knowing that both William and Harry have short fuses with anything regarding their family, I wouldn't care to be any of the staff at KP while William and Harry are getting to the bottom of all this. It also wouldn't surprise me if Charles got involved. The Windsors expect loyalty and discretion above all, and this is definitely neither. Which is why I'm still suspecting Mysterious Melissa as the source.

What I've noticed is that when all of them say Palace staff, non are specific about which Palace or which offices specifically. I've never seen any issues with the smaller core Sussex team. Or at least not the close ones. As much as the media try to blame Meghan for ELF leaving, which most RRs knew was coming even when it was announced, the few moments I've seen, they've genuinely seemed happy for Harry and Meghan.

Today is the one year anniversary of their engagement. Thinking back to this date a year ago, while I was extremely happy (I woke up with the announcement as a news alert from NYT), I was struck by how happy ELF and Heather Wong looked as the couple walked back to KP from the Sunken Garden.

And since I'm on the topic of the date, I do want to point out it's ONLY been ONE year. I think we all forget that because so much has been done since. I realize it must be a much busier time at KP, but all of this couldn't have happened in such short time if Meghan DIDN'T have the work ethic that some "sources" seem to be bothered by.

loonytick 11-27-2018 10:12 AM

I agree that the more complaints are leaked about Meghan the more it sounds like sheís a focused, reasonable woman dealing with an overly high-on-themselves staff that has its panties in a bunch over getting a new boss. Even the ďwhat Meghan wants, Meghan getsĒ doesnít sound so bad now that it seems they are dealing with a petulant staff who need to be reminded whoís in charge.

I canít imagine Anne or the Queen are any less driven than the image of Meghan painted by these leaks. Or, to a certain extent, Sophie.

To be fair, though, KP staff is transitioning from having their royals be part timers who didnít need quite as much from them. And I suspect thereís a very big difference in work style between Meghan, who comes from the scramble of making a living in an essentially freelance industry, and Kate who has essentially been operating as a stay at home mom first and working princess second. Thatís not a knock on either womanóIím one who will defend any day the decision to have Kate prioritize child rearingóbut it does mean thereís likely been a sort of rhythm to the way work for Kate has been handled within the KP office that doesnít work with the way Meghan operates.

So I can see that there might be a reason why staff feel a little shaken up by Meghan. But at the same time...buck up. Things are ramping up. Some degree of this was going to happen just from Harry and William going full time.

Hallo girl 11-27-2018 12:24 PM

The comment re 'Melissa' not familiar with royal roles is actually quite relevant, she is probably an excellent PA but royal circles are different. The royal rules and etiquette must be a nightmare for Meghan and possibly difficult to understand, remember she didn't have as much time privately in the background that Catherine had.. Catherine was nastily nicknamed 'Waity katie' but during this period she would have been there in the background at private occasions etc with William, just because we didn't see her didn't mean she wasn't there. It also gave her the opportunity to brush upon the' rules' before she was thrown in to the lions den. i.e. the public events.

alvinking 11-27-2018 12:26 PM

At the end of the day, there is a couple of things that can be said.
According to the article in the Telegraph by Camilla Tominey, even if her goal was to attack Meghan she nonetheless said in her article that The Queen likes Meghan, and that Charles is extremely fond of her. This is all that matters, she has two key allies, the rest is just noise.
If there are people that know about the viciousness of the tabloids, royal reporters, courtiers and palace staff, it is Charles and Camilla. They have been dealing with them for years. It is no coincidence that Charles supposedly nicknamed her tungsten. I am certain he is squarely in her corner, and everything is going to be all right and she will weather the storms with his support. Whatever they say they will not run her out of the UK.
the more things change, the more they stay the same. Back when Prince Philip was about to marry Princess Elizabeth, a courtier while touring Windsor Castle with him was condescending toward him; the foreigner, and Prince Philip put him in his place by telling him he knew about Windsor, His mother, Princess Alice of Battenberg was born in the Tapestry Room in the presence of her great-grandmother, Queen Victoria thank you very much.
Those courtiers should know their place and mind their business. Just do what you are paid to do instead leaking infos;often false, to the tabloids to drive a narrative. The pictures of PoW's 70th birthday in the gardens of Clarence House for those was are perspicacious were a sneak preview of future. There was the core of the BRF, the senior royals. Whether they like it of not, Harry and Meghan are part of it, so they can kick rocks

_Heather_ 11-27-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loonytick (Post 2175311)
To be fair, though, KP staff is transitioning from having their royals be part timers who didnít need quite as much from them. And I suspect thereís a very big difference in work style between Meghan, who comes from the scramble of making a living in an essentially freelance industry, and Kate who has essentially been operating as a stay at home mom first and working princess second. Thatís not a knock on either womanóIím one who will defend any day the decision to have Kate prioritize child rearingóbut it does mean thereís likely been a sort of rhythm to the way work for Kate has been handled within the KP office that doesnít work with the way Meghan operates.

I think this really gets to the heart of the matter...it's just simply a fact that different situations and different workplaces/employees can and should be handled differently. It just is what it is. For instance, I work in an office all day long, my husband runs massive construction sites and teams setting structural steel. We don't handle our workplace disagreements in the same way that his employees do and that's absolutely okay. KP and the world of royalty is a far cry from the Hollywood world Meghan has been accustomed to. Not right or wrong, just fact. That means that Meghan may need to adjust her leadership/employer style to meet that of the world she's now a part of while at the same time, those KP employees need to realize that they will be expected to adjust somewhat and within reason. That's not a knock on either employer or employee, it just is what it is.

And, people get so overly defensive when Meghan is labelled as demanding and opinionated and claim that those labels come only out of jealousy because she's oh so successful and everyone who seems her as demanding and opinionated must just be jealous of her success. However, that's not true or at least not in all cases. Sometimes people just really are demanding and opinionated. I work with someone who is no more successful than I am, but the way she approaches everything and everyone and attacks each project like a tornado is a massive turnoff to anyone who has to deal with her. She likes to claim that she's just driven, strong, and knows what she wants but honestly, you can be all of those things and still not be overbearing, pushy, and so in your face that you make the people around you feel exhausted or worse, attacked.

I don't disagree that Meghan has faced a barrage of criticism from all corners since joining the royal family and that much of it is, most likely, completely undeserved. However, I also think that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, thoughts, and perceptions and what one person sees as driven and determined another will find aggressive, demanding, opinionated, rude, and disingenuous. The truth of the matter is that there's room for everyone to like both duchesses if that's what they want to do. It's also entirely okay to gravitate more toward one than the other. But there's no reason to buy into the tabloid mess. If your own personal perception of Meghan, or anyone else for that matter, is based on watching her interviews, photocalls, engagements, etc. then great, you're absolutely entitled to your feelings. If your perception is based on nothing more than tabloid rumor, you really should do a little more reading/watching before jumping to conclusions.

jacqui24 11-27-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Heather_ (Post 2175351)
And, people get so overly defensive when Meghan is labelled as demanding and opinionated and claim that those labels come only out of jealousy because she's oh so successful and everyone who seems her as demanding and opinionated must just be jealous of her success. However, that's not true or at least not in all cases. Sometimes people just really are demanding and opinionated. I work with someone who is no more successful than I am, but the way she approaches everything and everyone and attacks each project like a tornado is a massive turnoff to anyone who has to deal with her. She likes to claim that she's just driven, strong, and knows what she wants but honestly, you can be all of those things and still not be overbearing, pushy, and so in your face that you make the people around you feel exhausted or worse, attacked.

What some of us take issue with is what get Meghan labelled as Hurricane Meghan or difficult and demanding. The best they can come up with is that she wakes up at 5AM and sends emails. Oh and she texts 6 or 7 times a day sometimes. That type of thing would never make a man demanding or difficult. It's interesting that when you actually look into what's been presented, it seems to be much more of a negative view towards a woman who is focused and has an opinion than anything else.

Osipi 11-27-2018 01:37 PM

Perhaps it seems odd to the staff that Meghan turned out to be completely different from what they expected her to be like. Instead of a woman that marries into the BRF and is totally comfuzzled about what her role is and needs to be "trained" and basically follows their spouse or another member of the BRF for a while to "learn the ropes" and gradually build up confidence, here comes Meghan, which if I had to describe her as I see her, has been in "training" for her royal role for most of her adult life, is very used to working long hours, has studied international relations at the university level, very well acquainted with philanthropic work and has boldly stated in an interview shortly before her engagement that she wants to be known as "a woman that works not a lady that lunches".

Perhaps that nickname of "Hurricane Meghan" is the ultimate compliment. She marries into the family and doesn't waste any time getting down to business. She seems to *want* to hit the ground running and get things done and has a good idea of initiatives that she'd like to focus on. In other words, her work ethics are showing. No wonder Charles gets along with her so well. Its been said that Charles is a workaholic and sometimes drives his staff up a wall when he gets started on something. Workaholics tend to frustrate people that aren't so driven so perhaps the KP staff has been thrown totally for a loop with Meghan.

One thing I think we can pretty well be assured of is that The Duchess of Sussex is no shrinking violet nor is she a couch potato munching on bon bons and most certainly it tells me that the innuendos that she's a "gold digger" do not apply.

One thing I will state that I believe is my truth is that the "Firm" has a golden asset in Meghan. :smile:

Pranter 11-27-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2175352)
What some of us take issue with is what get Meghan labelled as Hurricane Meghan or difficult and demanding. The best they can come up with is that she wakes up at 5AM and sends emails. Oh and she texts 6 or 7 times a day sometimes. That type of thing would never make a man demanding or difficult. It's interesting that when you actually look into what's been presented, it seems to be much more of a negative view towards a woman who is focused and has an opinion than anything else.

Oh yes..if it were a man they wouldn't be saying this. You know how that goes.


LaRae

Hallo girl 11-27-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2175355)
Perhaps it seems odd to the staff that Meghan turned out to be completely different from what they expected her to be like. Instead of a woman that marries into the BRF and is totally comfuzzled about what her role is and needs to be "trained" and basically follows their spouse or another member of the BRF for a while to "learn the ropes" and gradually build up confidence, here comes Meghan, which if I had to describe her as I see her, has been in "training" for her royal role for most of her adult life, is very used to working long hours, has studied international relations at the university level, very well acquainted with philanthropic work and has boldly stated in an interview shortly before her engagement that she wants to be known as "a woman that works not a lady that lunches".

Perhaps that nickname of "Hurricane Meghan" is the ultimate compliment. She marries into the family and doesn't waste any time getting down to business. She seems to *want* to hit the ground running and get things done and has a good idea of initiatives that she'd like to focus on. In other words, her work ethics are showing. No wonder Charles gets along with her so well. Its been said that Charles is a workaholic and sometimes drives his staff up a wall when he gets started on something. Workaholics tend to frustrate people that aren't so driven so perhaps the KP staff has been thrown totally for a loop with Meghan.

One thing I think we can pretty well be assured of is that The Duchess of Sussex is no shrinking violet nor is she a couch potato munching on bon bons and most certainly it tells me that the innuendos that she's a "gold digger" do not apply.

One thing I will state that I believe is my truth is that the "Firm" has a golden asset in Meghan. :smile:

I cannot agree that she has been in training for her royal role all her life, yes she has worked towards a certain type of role which will stand her in good stead in her royal role, but you cannot prepare for a royal life until you are in it. Anybody that knows anything about the British Royal family knows that there are rules that must be adhered to, e.g non political. Meghan must stick to these rules, she can touch the ground running if she wants but it doesn't matter how well liked she is within the family she must listen to advice on her boundaries. If the staff were all at fault we would have heard before now, all these stories are recent.

Osipi 11-27-2018 06:09 PM

I agree with you, Hallo Girl, on the fact that coming into the family there's a lot of protocol, traditions and general dos and don'ts that she needed to learn. Hugging the staff was a learning point we know about.

She knows how to be part of a team but in the royal family, the hierarchy of the "team" is a whole different ball of wax especially among the staffs in the palaces. The concept of some of the things seen with the staff in "Downton Abbey" pretty much still apply as in the "upstairs, downstairs" ideology even though they've modernized to the point where there's no longer "servants" but "staff" and such.

BTW: Welcome to TRF! :biggrin:

Rhea6 11-28-2018 12:58 AM

It looks like someone inside the palace is deliberately leaking stories to the press painting Meghan as a very bad person.

Diana went through the same case where the British press were horrible to her ! Now they act as if Diana was an angel but in the 90 s stories about how difficult was in papers everyday !

Moving to frogmore cottage - Harry and Meghan are infact proving they want a quieter life . If they wanted a high profile living , I’m sure they could have stuck around KP since that is the centre of attention .

Harry and Meghan need to get to the bottom of this so called “source” coz that person is targeting Meghan with all guns blazing .

Sad that within a year of engagement Meghan has been bombarded with such difficult press stories ( I’m sure she is very aware what is being written )

Dman 11-28-2018 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhea6 (Post 2175474)
It looks like someone inside the palace is deliberately leaking stories to the press painting Meghan as a very bad person.

Diana went through the same case where the British press were horrible to her ! Now they act as if Diana was an angel but in the 90 s stories about how difficult was in papers everyday !

Moving to frogmore cottage - Harry and Meghan are infact proving they want a quieter life . If they wanted a high profile living , I’m sure they could have stuck around KP since that is the centre of attention .

Harry and Meghan need to get to the bottom of this so called “source” coz that person is targeting Meghan with all guns blazing .

Sad that within a year of engagement Meghan has been bombarded with such difficult press stories ( I’m sure she is very aware what is being written )

There’s a tug-a-war going on with between KP press team and the press. A while back the media complained about not getting enough access to Meghan. They feel like they’re being kept at arms length. Its like the royal reporters are ticked off.

duchessrachel 11-28-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2175434)
I agree with you, Hallo Girl, on the fact that coming into the family there's a lot of protocol, traditions and general dos and don'ts that she needed to learn. Hugging the staff was a learning point we know about.

She knows how to be part of a team but in the royal family, the hierarchy of the "team" is a whole different ball of wax especially among the staffs in the palaces. The concept of some of the things seen with the staff in "Downton Abbey" pretty much still apply as in the "upstairs, downstairs" ideology even though they've modernized to the point where there's no longer "servants" but "staff" and such.

BTW: Welcome to TRF! :biggrin:

Osipi,
Could you explain to me what happened her or link me to an article? I had not heard about this. Thanks.

Osipi 11-28-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchessrachel (Post 2175569)
Osipi,
Could you explain to me what happened her or link me to an article? I had not heard about this. Thanks.

Here you go. https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-palace-staff/

Meanwhile, amid all these negative stories coming out in the press and the negative chatter on social media, Meghan goes about her life quietly and shuts the "noise" out completely. I seriously doubt she reads or cares about any tabloid gossip, innuendo or "stories". She's got better things to do that matter.

duchessrachel 11-28-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2175581)
Here you go. https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-palace-staff/

Meanwhile, amid all these negative stories coming out in the press and the negative chatter on social media, Meghan goes about her life quietly and shuts the "noise" out completely. I seriously doubt she reads or cares about any tabloid gossip, innuendo or "stories". She's got better things to do that matter.

Thank you. I agree that Meghan and Harry could probably care less about the tabloid fodder. They know exactly what it is.

Hallo girl 11-28-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2175229)
Seems pretty simple to me regarding the part I've put in bold letters. As I see it, the staff is working for The Duchess of Sussex. She is their employer. If her team isn't functioning the way it should be or the way she wants it to be, all she has to do is tell those that aren't "team" players to take a very long lunch, permanently, to find a new job without references. I'm sure that Harry would back her up on this. :biggrin:

To be totally accurate their employer is the Queen, but yes Harry and Meghan are entitled to ask them to be moved to another role. Has anybody considered that they are are actually trying to help Meghan and keep her right as far as royal protocol etc is concerned. Just because Meghan expects a member of staff to do something it doesn't mean it should happen. Just a thought.

jacqui24 11-28-2018 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2175812)
To be totally accurate their employer is the Queen, but yes Harry and Meghan are entitled to ask them to be moved to another role. Has anybody considered that they are are actually trying to help Meghan and keep her right as far as royal protocol etc is concerned. Just because Meghan expects a member of staff to do something it doesn't mean it should happen. Just a thought.

Except none of the complaints have been that she refuses to follow protocol. Itís that she wakes up at 5AM and sends emails. If thatís considered demanding and difficult, perhaps it is the aide that should reconsider their own work ethic. And that she can text up to 6 or 7 times a day.And actually, they do work for the Royal they answer to. The Queen isnít going to get involved if the Sussexes want to fire their PA.

Curryong 11-28-2018 09:10 PM

To be technically accurate (if this is KP staff that the original article talked about) then their employer is really Prince Charles as it is he that finances the KP office for both the Cambridges and Sussexes. If it's staff from BP or CH why would they be interfering in KP business?

Meghan would certainly take advice from someone like Samantha Cohen (Private Secretary) or Amy Petengill (Sam's assistant) but it wouldn't be those two who are blabbing about Meghan's supposed demeanour or emails. They both look perfectly fine with the way things are.

Hallo girl 11-28-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2175816)
Except none of the complaints have been that she refuses to follow protocol. It’s that she wakes up at 5AM and sends emails. If that’s considered demanding and difficult, perhaps it is the aide that should reconsider their own work ethic. And that she can text up to 6 or 7 times a day.And actually, they do work for the Royal they answer to. The Queen isn’t going to get involved if the Sussexes want to fire their PA.


Do you really believe for one minute that a member of the royal household has complained that Meghan rises at 5 a.m and sends e mails. There a number of top CEO's follow that routine. This is all gossip, where is the evidence that there have been complaints from the staff, other than gossip.

Maybe you are correct and the person who complained has now left and is filling the gossip columns with tittle tattle, if that is the case they were not suitable for the role in the first place.

jacqui24 11-28-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2175825)
Do you really believe for one minute that a member of the royal household has complained that Meghan rises at 5 a.m and sends e mails. There a number of top CEO's follow that routine. This is all gossip, where is the evidence that there have been complaints from the staff, other than gossip.

Maybe you are correct and the person who complained has now left and is filling the gossip columns with tittle tattle, if that is the case they were not suitable for the role in the first place.

My point isn’t whether I believe a staff is saying them. My point is that it’s the only examples set forth as her being demanding and difficult by the tanloids’ sources whom they claim is staff. So it goes directly against what you were saying about maybe it’s just over good advice they are ignoring. We have not heard that. My point is that this type of narrative, whether true or not, is sexist and showcases that person’s lack of work ethic more than anything else.

Hallo girl 11-28-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2175827)
My point isnít whether I believe a staff is saying them. My point is that itís the only examples set forth as her being demanding and difficult by the tanloidsí sources whom they claim is staff. So it goes directly against what you were saying about maybe itís just over good advice they are ignoring. We have not heard that. My point is that this type of narrative, whether true or not, is sexist and showcases that personís lack of work ethic more than anything else.

If we do not know if it is true or not how can you possibly comment on the person's work ethic. What person is it anyway whose work ethic you are calling in to question when you have already said you do not know if it is true or not.

jacqui24 11-29-2018 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2175830)
If we do not know if it is true or not how can you possibly comment on the person's work ethic. What person is it anyway whose work ethic you are calling in to question when you have already said you do not know if it is true or not.

I'm calling out the work ethic of anyone who complains about people who gets up at 5AM and sends 6 or 7 texts a day and label them as demanding or difficult. And if no one can comment on a person's work ethic if they don't know, no one should be commenting on if Meghan expects something of their staff and if it should happen or not.

Hallo girl 11-29-2018 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2175846)
I'm calling out the work ethic of anyone who complains about people who gets up at 5AM and sends 6 or 7 texts a day and label them as demanding or difficult. And if no one can comment on a person's work ethic if they don't know, no one should be commenting on if Meghan expects something of their staff and if it should happen or not.

I find it really interesting that you do not know if any of the comments are true with regards either Meghan or the staff but you are immediately calling the behaviour of the staff into question. There are comments on this thread that Meghan should sack her staff etc etc. yet there is nobody on here who knows the truth only rumour and gossip. It could all be true, partially true or totally made up fluff. We will never know, the only thing that we know is that somebody called Melissa left after 6 months.

Osipi 11-29-2018 05:42 AM

OK. I started this tangent by replying to someone saying "What can she do?" when it comes to her staff.

It doesn't have to be a truth that applies right now to a situation with her staff but could be today, next week or three years from now. The staff Meghan has works for her. She is their principle royal and "employer" even though Charles does issue the paychecks for the KP staff.

If someone isn't a good fit for Meghan's team, she has every right to say something about it and perhaps get someone in that position that is a better fit for her team. It happens often that a staff member will not get along with their principle royal and vice versa and changes are made.

If you really want to get a good low down on how the staff works at Buckingham Palace, a good read on it is "Not In Front Of The Corgis" by Brian Hoey. Its not about the KP staff but you get a good idea of how things operate. :smile:

wyevale 11-29-2018 06:19 AM

Not sure what to make of this WELTER of speculation, but [from personal experience], I know Californian's can be abrasive to work for/with, and than American's sometimes 'don't fit with the Brits in their employ...
We simply have different 'modus operandi'.

MARG 11-29-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2175192)
Hold on, letís back up for a moment to work out some details. :lol: So, if I remember this whole story correctly, it was about a PA thatís quite recently after only 6 months on the job who was considered ďpivotalĒ to the success of the wedding. Ok, so my question how DF is how is it possible a woman who started her job around the time of the wedding to be ďpivotalĒ to anything? Unless they want to tell me with a straight face that a 600 person wedding that was televised around the world was planned in a month or so. No? Ok.

Quite! It seems that "a palace source" now has a name, perhaps she is even an actual person but I have my doubts. Magic Melissa arrived shortly before the wedding and was "pivotal". I call BS,

I have no problem believing Meghan rises at 5am, I've done so myself and while my inner night owl believes anyone that gets up at "oh five oh dark " (military jargon) when they don't have to is obviously seriously whacked, I only do that to compensate for my robotic stagger to the programmed coffee pot.

But seriously folks, ideas come in the quiet, be it oh one oh dark (for compulsive night owls) or the above said 0500hrs. It is a serene time when there is no one and nothing to distract you. It happens to me all the time and I either send an email or program a text to arrive at 0800hrs. Anyone that doesn't turn their notifications to silent at night is obviously addicted to their phone and would be well advised to get a life.

But something else rang a bell. Working third string for part-time royals and then stepping up to full time was probably quite cruisy what with Catherine on Maternity Leave. Meghan would expect a professional workplace just like the office that ran the studio she worked in. Just like most of us have worked in, Just because you work for the royal family does not mean they expect their staff to work at a genteel pace and present the required information at afternoon tea the following day!

The advent of Meghan must have seriously shaken them up. Perhaps William and Harry were not hands-on so long as they get what they need, but they were raised royal and a lot of what and why something is happening they already knew because they lived it growing up. Meghan arrives full of energy, confidence and hands-on life experience. She is introduced to the "Office" and thinks that everyone is going to feel copacetic. However, I have a feeling that more than one would have seen her input and questions as interference or perhaps even a complaint. They've done things this way forever and every new employee learnt that way.

But there is much she knows she doesn't know and needs to learn and so wants her research and if it's going to take longer than she expects to get it, she needs to be notified just like office environments she has worked with. That is, after all, what the staff is employed for and the mythic Melissa must have thought she'd put her finger in an electrical outlet. So yes, Meghan is disrupting things but surprisingly Samantha grooves to it because let's face it, she's paid her dues at the firey coalface of BP. Amy seemed to take her lead from her.

I am not sure if Samantha has been persuaded to stay or not but, if she hasn't, that is no mark against Meghan. HM originally persuaded her to stay on and help Meghan ease into royal life. I've enjoyed seeing her in the background smiling or grinning at the way things are going at an engagement and I feel she would have given Meghan feedback on every occasion.

Hallo girl 11-29-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 2175888)
Quite! It seems that "a palace source" now has a name, perhaps she is even an actual person but I have my doubts. Magic Melissa arrived shortly before the wedding and was "pivotal". I call BS,

I have no problem believing Meghan rises at 5am, I've done so myself and while my inner night owl believes anyone that gets up at "oh five oh dark " (military jargon) when they don't have to is obviously seriously whacked, I only do that to compensate for my robotic stagger to the programmed coffee pot.

But seriously folks, ideas come in the quiet, be it oh one oh dark (for compulsive night owls) or the above said 0500hrs. It is a serene time when there is no one and nothing to distract you. It happens to me all the time and I either send an email or program a text to arrive at 0800hrs. Anyone that doesn't turn their notifications to silent at night is obviously addicted to their phone and would be well advised to get a life.

But something else rang a bell. Working third string for part-time royals and then stepping up to full time was probably quite cruisy what with Catherine on Maternity Leave. Meghan would expect a professional workplace just like the office that ran the studio she worked in. Just like most of us have worked in, Just because you work for the royal family does not mean they expect their staff to work at a genteel pace and present the required information at afternoon tea the following day!

The advent of Meghan must have seriously shaken them up. Perhaps William and Harry were not hands-on so long as they get what they need, but they were raised royal and a lot of what and why something is happening they already knew because they lived it growing up. Meghan arrives full of energy, confidence and hands-on life experience. She is introduced to the "Office" and thinks that everyone is going to feel copacetic. However, I have a feeling that more than one would have seen her input and questions as interference or perhaps even a complaint. They've done things this way forever and every new employee learnt that way.

But there is much she knows she doesn't know and needs to learn and so wants her research and if it's going to take longer than she expects to get it, she needs to be notified just like office environments she has worked with. That is, after all, what the staff is employed for and the mythic Melissa must have thought she'd put her finger in an electrical outlet. So yes, Meghan is disrupting things but surprisingly Samantha grooves to it because let's face it, she's paid her dues at the firey coalface of BP. Amy seemed to take her lead from her.

I am not sure if Samantha has been persuaded to stay or not but, if she hasn't, that is no mark against Meghan. HM originally persuaded her to stay on and help Meghan ease into royal life. I've enjoyed seeing her in the background smiling or grinning at the way things are going at an engagement and I feel she would have given Meghan feedback on every occasion.

It is quite interesting reading other peoples point of view, Windsor Castle has been there for 1000 years, the House of Windsor (in that name ) 100 years, the queen traces her ancestors back hundreds of years, no need for ancestry.co.uk for her.
How many weddings coronations, funerals, trooping the colour, state banquets etc. I think the royal household know what they are doing and yes modernisation is no bad thing as we have seen over the years.
But to assume that Robbie Williams ex PA was pivotal in the successful wedding and that Meghan has arrived to shake everybody up is over the top.
Because only Meghan has a work ethic and the royal family dont do anything but they will now because Meghan arrived to shake things up. Utter nonsense.

In any new situation it takes time on all sides to settle down, but to assume that the royal household must now do things Meghans way is wrong, although I except within her own home she is entitled to run that as she wishes.
Out of interest if the PA was that good why did she leave Robbie.

Pranter 11-29-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 2175887)
Not sure what to make of this WELTER of speculation, but [from personal experience], I know Californian's can be abrasive to work for/with, and than American's sometimes 'don't fit with the Brits in their employ...

We simply have different 'modus operandi'.


Yet there are so many Americans living/working there and Brits here...so they must figure out a way to rub along well enough.


LaRae

loonytick 11-29-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2175917)
Because only Meghan has a work ethic and the royal family dont do anything but they will now because Meghan arrived to shake things up. Utter nonsense.

I donít think anyone is suggesting all royals and royal staff are lazy. Iíd be willing to bet a brisk work pace is expected in Buck and Clarence Houses. But perhaps the worker bees at KP got a little spoiled by working for part-time royals. As I said in an earlier post, I have a hard time believing the Queen or Princess Royal (or the Prince of Wales, to branch out from the women of the family) are sleeping late, holding back ideas about what work should be done or refraining from sending communications to their staff the way that whomever is leaking to the press seems to think Meghan ought to do.

wyevale 11-29-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

they must figure out a way to rub along well enough.
Oh, indeed, but not without 'teething problems'...

jacqui24 11-29-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2175919)
Yet there are so many Americans living/working there and Brits here...so they must figure out a way to rub along well enough.


LaRae

Interestingly, KP has at least one American in senior position.

_Heather_ 11-29-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 2175887)
Not sure what to make of this WELTER of speculation, but [from personal experience], I know Californian's can be abrasive to work for/with, and than American's sometimes 'don't fit with the Brits in their employ...
We simply have different 'modus operandi'.

Definitely some serious truth in this statement. And I think you've said it far better than I have but this is what I've been trying to say all along. Like it or not, American culture and British culture are two very, very different things. And frankly, no matter who you are, it behooves you to have a little humility and acclimate yourself to the new climate when you're entering a new workplace, a new family, a new culture, etc. rather than expecting that established group to adapt to you and your way of doing things. I can't really say that I'm even remotely surprised that these kinds of rumblings are making themselves known with regard to Meghan and her entrance into the royal world. The royal world is so vastly different from that of American culture and especially Hollywood culture, it really is no great shock that there would be some growing pains and some tricky situations in everyone trying to adapt to each other. Now, we have no idea if the rumors are even remotely true and while I daresay they've been exaggerated to the max, I also tend to believe that where there's smoke there's fire and we'd all be a bit dense to think that Meghan could just seamlessly blend into the royal life. While most Americans wouldn't see rising at 5 a.m. and sending 6-7 texts a day as demanding and diva-like, the British culture does seem to have a different approach. I know that when my brother lived in England for several years it took him quite a while to adjust and he definitely set a few noses out of joint because they perceived him to be rude, abrasive, and demanding when in reality he was simply an American naval officer used to cranking out much of his work beginning at the 4 a.m. hour. Any time you enter a new environment it's a time for taking a backseat, quietly learning how things are done there, and slowly integrating yourself with that new environment and I suspect that anytime a newcomer shows up with loads of ideas, energy for days, and a list of what he or she wants accomplished it may not sit well with the staff that has been doing the job for years.

Pranter 11-29-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 2175931)
Oh, indeed, but not without 'teething problems'...


Oh of course...I think that's how it is even when moving to a new job within your own culture.




LaRae

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Heather_ (Post 2175940)
Definitely some serious truth in this statement. And I think you've said it far better than I have but this is what I've been trying to say all along. Like it or not, American culture and British culture are two very, very different things. And frankly, no matter who you are, it behooves you to have a little humility and acclimate yourself to the new climate when you're entering a new workplace, a new family, a new culture, etc. rather than expecting that established group to adapt to you and your way of doing things. I can't really say that I'm even remotely surprised that these kinds of rumblings are making themselves known with regard to Meghan and her entrance into the royal world. The royal world is so vastly different from that of American culture and especially Hollywood culture, it really is no great shock that there would be some growing pains and some tricky situations in everyone trying to adapt to each other. Now, we have no idea if the rumors are even remotely true and while I daresay they've been exaggerated to the max, I also tend to believe that where there's smoke there's fire and we'd all be a bit dense to think that Meghan could just seamlessly blend into the royal life. While most Americans wouldn't see rising at 5 a.m. and sending 6-7 texts a day as demanding and diva-like, the British culture does seem to have a different approach. I know that when my brother lived in England for several years it took him quite a while to adjust and he definitely set a few noses out of joint because they perceived him to be rude, abrasive, and demanding when in reality he was simply an American naval officer used to cranking out much of his work beginning at the 4 a.m. hour. Any time you enter a new environment it's a time for taking a backseat, quietly learning how things are done there, and slowly integrating yourself with that new environment and I suspect that anytime a newcomer shows up with loads of ideas, energy for days, and a list of what he or she wants accomplished it may not sit well with the staff that has been doing the job for years.


Assuming any of this is true....I have a hard time believing that the staff within KP etc are having this issue with the idea of a demanding boss or work schedule. It's as if they never met The Queen, Prince Charles, Princess Anne, the DoE etc...all known to have a tremendous work ethic and not to mention some of them at least very no nonsense.

If because the pace of the younger royals is slower and/or they aren't quite as hard core with work since before they were 'part time' royals ..well now they get to earn the rest of the salary.

Ultimately ...if you don't like the job when things change or management changes then find a new one. There's always going to be someone else waiting for your position.


LaRae

Hallo girl 11-29-2018 11:07 AM

This is an excellent summary of the situation. When the DofE first arrived on the scene there was similar rumblings although not in public. It all came out years later. I am quite sure there are hiccups which will be ironed out but for some contributors to blame any problems on KP not being used to full time working royals is a poor comment. Some contributors cannot see past Meghan and everything is everybody else's fault.

Pranter 11-29-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2175954)
This is an excellent summary of the situation. When the DofE first arrived on the scene there was similar rumblings although not in public. It all came out years later. I am quite sure there are hiccups which will be ironed out but for some contributors to blame any problems on KP not being used to full time working royals is a poor comment. Some contributors cannot see past Meghan and everything is everybody else's fault.

Since none of us know what is or isn't true then it's just as possible that there are also work issues with the staff at KP. Any theory can be lobbied at this point.



LaRae

ACO 11-29-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2175954)
This is an excellent summary of the situation. When the DofE first arrived on the scene there was similar rumblings although not in public. It all came out years later. I am quite sure there are hiccups which will be ironed out but for some contributors to blame any problems on KP not being used to full time working royals is a poor comment. Some contributors cannot see past Meghan and everything is everybody else's fault.

I mean heck one can flip it and say everyone blaming it on Meghan when it could very well be the fault of a lazy staffer who apparently has quit two jobs within the year.

No one knows anything. Everyone is speculating. And for the record I don't believe any of it. The press doing way too much and when they are including people like ELF's planned exit to Meghan's arrival then I really can't take it seriously.

jacqui24 11-29-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACO (Post 2175959)
I mean heck one can flip it and say everyone blaming it on Meghan when it could very well be the fault of a lazy staffer who apparently has quit two jobs within the year.

No one knows anything. Everyone is speculating. And for the record I don't believe any of it. The press doing way too much and when they are including people like ELF's planned exit to Meghan's arrival then I really can't take it seriously.

And really, if we are going to use high staff turnover as a reason to label someone difficult. Meghan is NOT the most difficult in the royal household. There has been high turnover in multiple places. But of course, everything is Meghan's fault. They even blamed two BP resignations on her and then had to run a retraction months later in small print. :whistling:

Now they are onto inflating the turnover in Sussex household to push that narrative. There has only been one supposed, and unconfirmed, resignation that is with unknown reasons to us. ELF was always going to leave, it was matter of when is the best time. They decided together that the best transition time would be after the wedding is done and settled for a new beginning. Samantha Cohen has not announced her resignation from Sussex household. However, she was announced as Interim Private Secretary only. It was never intended to be a permanent position. But of course, it's all because Meghan is SOOOOO difficult. GMAB.

_Heather_ 11-29-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2175954)
This is an excellent summary of the situation. When the DofE first arrived on the scene there was similar rumblings although not in public. It all came out years later. I am quite sure there are hiccups which will be ironed out but for some contributors to blame any problems on KP not being used to full time working royals is a poor comment. Some contributors cannot see past Meghan and everything is everybody else's fault.

Bingo. I don't particularly understand the whole "Meghan can do no wrong" way of thinking but to each his own, I guess. She's human just like all of us and like every other royal and therefore not even close to perfect. I'm always a little shocked, though I shouldn't be at this point, when some posters choose to place blame on everyone and everything else but are absolutely convinced that there is no possible way that Meghan could have done or said anything other than the absolute perfect thing and that anyone and everyone who might think otherwise is clearly biased and picking on her. :whistling:

AlowVera 11-29-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2175967)
And really, if we are going to use high staff turnover as a reason to label someone difficult. Meghan is NOT the most difficult in the royal household. There has been high turnover in multiple places. But of course, everything is Meghan's fault. They even blamed two BP resignations on her and then had to run a retraction months later in small print. :whistling:

Now they are onto inflating the turnover in Sussex household to push that narrative. There has only been one supposed, and unconfirmed, resignation that is with unknown reasons to us. ELF was always going to leave, it was matter of when is the best time. They decided together that the best transition time would be after the wedding is done and settled for a new beginning. Samantha Cohen has not announced her resignation from Sussex household. However, she was announced as Interim Private Secretary only. It was never intended to be a permanent position. But of course, it's all because Meghan is SOOOOO difficult. GMAB.


Thanks for finally bringing this out. The media has rushed to judge and completely disregarded the facts inorder to rush and solidify this narrative that Meghan is "demanding, diva, other, not an english rose" all this based on shoddy evidence.


They are trying to create a narrative not tell the truth. For me before I believe anything that comes from the tabloids I need the CONTEXT, because we know how they like to manipulate facts in order to create a narrative that may be false.


Until I get the full context of the story, I tend to take these stories with a grain of salt. There could be one element of truth, but when filtered through sources with a clear AGENDA, that truth becomes warped.

ACO 11-29-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Heather_ (Post 2175970)
Bingo. I don't particularly understand the whole "Meghan can do no wrong" way of thinking but to each his own, I guess. She's human just like all of us and like every other royal and therefore not even close to perfect. I'm always a little shocked, though I shouldn't be at this point, when some posters choose to place blame on everyone and everything else but are absolutely convinced that there is no possible way that Meghan could have done or said anything other than the absolute perfect thing and that anyone and everyone who might think otherwise is clearly biased and picking on her. :whistling:

I don't think she can do no wrong but I mean many also seem to think she can't do anything right either. And when that is pointed out we get into this very conversation. It is a different side of the same coin. :whistling:

The media doing what they do best. They throw out a story and let it turn into a jumbled mess that everyone eats up -- true or not (usually). I mean how many stories about Meghan have papers had to issue retractions about now? We have a country's high commission demanding apologies. Organizations banding together to defend the integrity of an institution that was accused of something just because they were connected to Meghan. Fellow journalists are distancing themselves from the alleged rumor. Robert Jobson saying he has no idea why some linking his book to it comes to mind.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

soapstar 11-29-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 2175888)
But seriously folks, ideas come in the quiet, be it oh one oh dark (for compulsive night owls) or the above said 0500hrs. It is a serene time when there is no one and nothing to distract you. It happens to me all the time and I either send an email or program a text to arrive at 0800hrs. Anyone that doesn't turn their notifications to silent at night is obviously addicted to their phone and would be well advised to get a life.

Actually there are plenty of reasons why people don’t turn their phones off at night. For instance, I have a sick relative and I need my phone on all the times just in case something happens. My younger brother is in the military and when he is deployed, my mother is glued to her phone. So, it’s quite unfair to label anyone who doesn’t turn off their notifications, as being addicted and needing “to get a life.” A boss texting their employee early in the morning and late in the evening (off work hours), is rude. If they have something to say, put it in an email and wait until working hours.

Having said that, I don’t believe the stories about Meghan texting at 5 am. In fact, the story doesn’t even suggest that. It says she gets up at that hour and then sends multiple texts a day.

AlowVera 11-29-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 2175979)
Actually there are plenty of reasons why people donít turn their phones off at night. For instance, I have a sick relative and I need my phone on all the times just in case something happens. My younger brother is in the military and when he is deployed, my mother is glued to her phone. So, itís quite unfair to label anyone who doesnít turn off their notifications, as being addicted and needing ďto get a life.Ē A boss texting their employee early in the morning and late in the evening (off work hours), is rude. If they have something to say, put it in an email and wait until working hours.

Having said that, I donít believe the stories about Meghan texting at 5 am. In fact, the story doesnít even suggest that. It says she gets up at that hour and then sends multiple emails a day.




The texting at 5am is an example of how people warped the original story which only said she got up at 5am, also she sends 6-7 emails per day. Originally they are two separate pieces of "evidence" not related. Also originally they said EMAILS not text but I guess to make Meghan look EVIL they conflated the 5am wake up with texting at 5am which is not true.


Are we REALLY condemning a woman for waking at 5am?? I mean REALLY?????

Osipi 11-29-2018 01:32 PM

When we think about it, its not surprising that the KP staff is kind of in an uproar. It started out that the KP staff went from handling three part time royals and not that long ago, jumped to four (count 'em.... four) full time working royals. KP staff isn't the only one that has had people coming and going. So has the Queen's staff. So has Charles' staff. Turnover of staff is not a new thing. One thing for sure is that working on a palace staff goes really, really well on a resume.

No one knows for sure what internal problems there really are in KP's staff and I seriously doubt that information would be made public other than to announce a hiring or a leaving. We're not told the reasons and I'm pretty willing to bet my last mini cherry pie that those that work as staff are under a non disclosure agreement.

The press loves tsunamis in a tea cup as they generate attention and revenue. Unless its announced by KP itself, I consider the stories bird cage liners. :biggrin:

Osipi 11-29-2018 01:56 PM

One thing I think we can be pretty sure of is that Meghan is very adept at texting when she gets an idea. If I remember right, when Harry and Meghan were dating, they were spotted on a train (I believe) and they weren't talking but instead texting each other. That way they couldn't be overheard.

Sending a text via a smart phone, no matter what time it is, doesn't require an immediate answer but the information is on the receiving end to peruse when they get the time. Just like its not required that you answer a ringing phone if you're up to your neck kneading a pie crust. :biggrin:

tommy100 11-29-2018 02:06 PM

In fairness as an actress she probably had a fair few early morning calls for filming so its not like she can just change routine over night. I often wake early and send e-mails etc fully expecting them to be ignored until people are in the office. I wouldn't text somebody as thats intrusive. I think you have to remember the Royal Household is probably the most British of work places and Meghan the actress probably comes from a very different work background. There are bound to be teething troubles.

soapstar 11-29-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2175997)
One thing I think we can be pretty sure of is that Meghan is very adept at texting when she gets an idea. If I remember right, when Harry and Meghan were dating, they were spotted on a train (I believe) and they weren't talking but instead texting each other. That way they couldn't be overheard.

Sending a text via a smart phone, no matter what time it is, doesn't require an immediate answer but the information is on the receiving end to peruse when they get the time. Just like its not required that you answer a ringing phone if you're up to your neck kneading a pie crust. :biggrin:

Of course no one is obligated to answer immediately, but I imagine if someone’s boss is texting them (as opposed to emailing them) most employees would feel obligated to reply. It’s rude and unprofessional for a boss to text during off-work hours and that’s why most employers don’t do it. From what people have said about Meghan, she sounds like a kind and considerate person, so I doubt she would be sending 5 am texts. Plus the article never stated she does, so I’m not sure why there is a continual debate about it.

jacqui24 11-29-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Heather_ (Post 2175970)
Bingo. I don't particularly understand the whole "Meghan can do no wrong" way of thinking but to each his own, I guess. She's human just like all of us and like every other royal and therefore not even close to perfect. I'm always a little shocked, though I shouldn't be at this point, when some posters choose to place blame on everyone and everything else but are absolutely convinced that there is no possible way that Meghan could have done or said anything other than the absolute perfect thing and that anyone and everyone who might think otherwise is clearly biased and picking on her. :whistling:

I don't think she can do no wrong (her outfit to Celia McCorquedale's wedding, need I say more?), but I just don't think she's what the tabloid is trying to paint with this recent narrative. Unless someone wants to tell me any specific example of her being "Hurricane Meghan" and "demanding and difficult"? I'm giving them every benefit of the doubt, and not even going into whether or not the events they said happened happened or not. I'm just going by what they said happened and it still doesn't reach what they are painting her as.

Dman 11-29-2018 02:56 PM

Lord, I hope no one would have a problem with a strong, mature, passionate and hard working woman being a senior member of the royal family. Because by reading some of the tabloid mess and some of the comments on social media, some see these admirable qualities as a threat. It’s not!

TLLK 12-09-2018 09:32 AM

Staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
 
(Since the Sussexes do not have a staff thread, I would expect this would be the place to post this news.)


The couples' interim private secretary will be resigning in April 2019. From what I recall the Sussexes think highly of her and did want her to stay on but it would appear that Samantha Cohen has decided to move on.



https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...ours-8zz9t5b2l




Quote:

The couple’s highly regarded private secretary, Samantha Cohen, has let it be known that she intends to leave after Meghan’s baby is born next spring.

jacqui24 12-09-2018 09:34 AM

Itís nothing new. Samantha was announced as Interim Private Secretary. I donít know if they ever officially gave a time frame, but itís always been said as six months.

And I find it odd that they continue this narrative just to lay something at Meghanís doorstep. Last time I checked, Samantha Cohen is Interim Private Secretary to TWO royals. But letís continue the blame the woman train.

Osipi 12-09-2018 09:35 AM

That answers the question about Samantha Cohen. She's staying for longer than originally intended so that shoots down any theory that Meghan is causing staff to run for the hills. :biggrin:

DeeT 12-09-2018 09:40 AM

Back in May, when The Queen’s private secretary resigned, it was reported that Samantha would only be an interim placement with the Sussexes.

Seems like some press, are trying to make fake news stories by implying something different from what they originally reported last April & May.

Curryong 12-09-2018 10:19 AM

Even Samantha Cohen leaving a job that was never going to be permanent has not been allowed to stand without pointed insults about 'Duchess Difficult'.

Lumutqueen 01-13-2019 05:41 AM

Meghan's bodyguard to quit after just six months in the job - weeks after her PA walked out - as protection officers 'find the Duchess's wish to be "one of the people" challenging'

Quote:

A top female police officer is leaving her job as chief protection officer to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

The highly regarded inspector was the first woman to have held such a key role in keeping members of the Royal Family safe.

She played a critical role in whisking Meghan away from a crowded market in Fiji following security concerns.

But last night, after about only six months in the position, it was reported that she is resigning from Scotland Yard.

Curryong 01-13-2019 05:51 AM

In the article it states that this woman is not only leaving the Royal Protection Squad but Scotland Yard and the London Metropolitan Police Force. So it appears she has made a decision to leave police work behind altogether, hardly something to hold Meghan responsible for.

jacqui24 01-13-2019 05:52 AM

It’s an odd article. It doesn’t actually list any specific incident to explain what the challenge of “being one of the people” is? It goes back to the Fiji incident, which isn’t anything related to that. But I supposed they want to continue to paint a certain narrative of Meghan without any evidence or incidents. And listing Sam Cohen, who was always temporary, leaving as because of Meghan, GMAB. Perhaps they should actually go back why she resigned from HM’s office as why she’s leaving the royal family.

ACO 01-13-2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2187775)
In the article it states that this woman is not only leaving the Royal Protection Squad but Scotland Yard and the London Metropolitan Police Force. So it appears she has made a decision to leave police work behind altogether, hardly something to hold Meghan responsible for.

I noticed that too. Thatís literally the story but itís buried in there because thatís not interesting. I get Meghan sells but come on.

Rudolph 01-13-2019 07:10 AM

She maybe leaving the Met because there’s no other options if she didn’t want to guard Meghan. If it was such a good gig she probably wouldn’t leave in the first place

jacqui24 01-13-2019 07:24 AM

All of Met can't find one position?:lol:

Sometimes people don't leave a job because they don't like it, but for other opportunities. I don't know about UK, but in US, high end private security or contracting is a lot more lucrative than public work.

Heavs 01-13-2019 07:28 AM

There are literally thousands of reasons people leave the police beyond one supposedly difficult protectee (who is far from the only member of the family to want to get as involved with the crowd as possible). The Met has had a lot of retention problems for many years. Including because the same job privately pays a lot more.

Lilyflo 01-13-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2187775)
In the article it states that this woman is not only leaving the Royal Protection Squad but Scotland Yard and the London Metropolitan Police Force. So it appears she has made a decision to leave police work behind altogether, hardly something to hold Meghan responsible for.

I agree there's no evidence that Meghan has caused the woman to quit. She might want to move to a different part of the UK & could have a job lined up with another police force or perhaps going to work privately as personal security for people overseas. I imagine her skills would be highly sought after & rewarded.

Osipi 01-13-2019 07:31 AM

I would imagine too that those that contacted the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard to get a statement of just *why* these departures are happening, they would run into the standard brick wall they're very used to being "No Comment". ;)

jacqui24 01-13-2019 07:37 AM

Since we are on this topic, I will say, one thing that bothered me about the reporting on this is that they made some pointed remarks and put the attention on this woman during a very high profile tour. That was even before the Fiji issue. It does make security's job difficult as they are supposed to blend in for the most part. That's not just to make their charge more comfortable, but it is actually better in terms of their ability to protect their charge. I would think that made her job a lot more difficult than anything else.

Of course the tabloids had a field day reporting that *gasp* she wore a skirt and looks pretty. When was the last time they reported on a what a male RPO wore?

ACO 01-13-2019 07:49 AM

They also did a whole spread on the fact she wore heels. They put a lot of attention on her during the tour constantly pointing her out. Honestly if I were offered a private gig with more money and less media hassle, I would jump at it. Either way wish her the best!

Muhler 01-13-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavs (Post 2187800)
There are literally thousands of reasons people leave the police beyond one supposedly difficult protectee (who is far from the only member of the family to want to get as involved with the crowd as possible). The Met has had a lot of retention problems for many years. Including because the same job privately pays a lot more.

Agree. This is the most plausible explanation.

Had she left for "adjustment" reasons, she would simply have been assigned to a new job within the police, and there could be reason to speculate that it might be because she had personal issues with her charge.
But as she is leaving the police altogether, this smells more like she has been headhunted to a new and no doubt much better paid job in the private security sector. A former protection officer, who had some seniority, is an attractive employee for security firms.

AdmirerUS 01-13-2019 10:15 AM

JMO, but I have never thought being a RPO was a great job for a great law enforcement officer. There is little need for investigation, opportunity to influence, the scrutiny must be crazy and the pay is not great. I wish her all the best.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises