The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 3: July 2018 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/the-duke-of-cambridge-current-events-3-july-2018-a-45300.html)

JessRulz 07-29-2018 07:57 AM

The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 3: July 2018

https://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/...psfa7c4da6.png
Arms of H.R.H. The Duke of Cambridge

Welcome to The Duke of Cambridge's
Current Events, Part Three

Commencing July 29, 2018

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Rudolph 08-08-2018 02:39 AM

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Amiens this afternoon for a service to mark the centenary of the First World War battle. Live coverage on BBC One from 13:45 #Amiens100

BBC One

Via Majesty Magazine Twitter

iceflower 08-08-2018 10:09 AM

Here's a gallery and an article about today's ceremony:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Prince William and Theresa May attend 'forgotten' Battle of Amiens centenary service to mark 100 years.. **

Rudolph 08-08-2018 10:27 AM

Prince William makes a speech at Amiens centenary memorial service

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9zAooq...ature=youtu.be

Prince William lays flowers at the Amiens centenary memorial service

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hwo771mrDzc

Rudolph 08-08-2018 07:54 PM

Prince William arrives at the Amiens centenary memorial service

I really good engagement for The Duke of Cambridge. After all the other dignitaries were in place, William arrived and was feted as a Head Of State.

He rook the Royal Salute, The PM gave a deep curtsy. Everything.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FWr0RQL6gwY

Rudolph 08-09-2018 01:04 PM

The Duke of Cambridge this morning departed from Royal Air Force Marham for France and was received upon arrival later at Albert-Picardie Airport by Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the French Republic (His Excellency the Lord Llewellyn of Steep).

His Royal Highness this afternoon attended Commemorations marking the Centenary of the Battle of Amiens at Amiens Cathedral. The Duke of Cambridge later arrived at Royal Air Force Marham from France. Lieutenant Commander David Brannighan was in attendance.

Court Circular || 8 August 2018

Rudolph 08-24-2018 11:09 AM

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Newcastle and Gateshead on Friday 7th September to attend the Great Exhibition of the North.

@GETNorth2018 is a three-month celebration of the North of England's pioneering spirit #GETNorth2018

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Rudolph 08-26-2018 02:42 PM

The details of William’s away day to Newcastle and Gateshead

Duke of Cambridge to visit Great Exhibition of the North | Tyne Tees - ITV News

Rudolph 08-30-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

The Duke of Cambridge has been helping to decorate a boxing club in Kensington to replace one destroyed by the Grenfell Tower fire alongside survivors for a DIY SOS special.

William, 36, joined crew members of the BBC programme and survivors in May this year as they worked towards replacing the club and building a new community centre.

In the BBC special set to air on Wednesday, the Prince makes an emotional speech about the scale of the tragedy, which killed 71 people, saying: 'I think everyone has been shocked at how brutal and horrendous it all was.”
Read more: Prince William decorates boxing club for Grenfell survivors | Daily Mail Online

Rudolph 08-30-2018 12:33 PM

The Duke of Cambridge will launch 'Mental Health at Work', a new initiative from @heads_together and @MindCharity, in Bristol on Tuesday 11th September.

Mental Health at Work is a new online gateway that will change the way that we approach workplace mental health across the UK.

————————————————-

The Duke of Cambridge will attend the grand opening of @JapanHouseLdn on Thursday 13th September.

Japan House London aims to create a greater understanding of Japan amongst a UK audience, and to deepen cultural, social and economic bonds between the two nations

Rudolph 09-05-2018 07:59 AM

Watch The Duke of Cambridge join the crew of @DIYSOS: Grenfell as they build a new home for the Dale Youth Boxing Club and a new community centre #DIYSOS:

@BBCOne
5th and 12th September
21:00

Video

Rudolph 09-05-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

PRINCE William wowed the nation with a moving and heartfelt chat with people affected by the the Grenfell Tower fire on DIY SOS tonight.

The future king appeared alongside presenter Nick Knowles in the two-part Grenfell Tower special on BBC One.

He even rolled up his sleeves and grabbed a paintbrush to help victims of the devastating inferno.

The DIY SOS special sees the team rebuild the Dale Youth Boxing Club - which was located in the tower.
Read more: Prince William melts hearts with moving appearance on DIY SOS Grenfell Tower special

Rudolph 09-07-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Tyneside today (Friday) as part of the Great Exhibition of the North celebrations.

Prince William will first visit Sage Gateshead, which is one of the Great Exhibition's three 'hub' venues.

At the music centre, he will get to listen to performances and meet performers, including those from the centre's CoMusica programme which uses music to engage young people who are experiencing challenges in life.

He will then tour the new PROTO: The Emerging Technology Centre in Gateshead, whose work will involve testing and creating new digital solutions for businesses, and - after watching demonstrations of new technology such as motion capture and augmented reality - he will then perform the building's official opening.

Next, the Prince will attend a reception at Baltic to meet some of those, including volunteers, who have helped make the Great Exhibition happen and then, for his final visit, will head across the river into Newcastle to see one of the exhibits at Ryder Architecture Cooper's Studios.

We have two ChronicleLive reporters and photographers to bring you live updates, pictures and video throughout the visit.

Read more: Duke of Cambridge in Tyneside LIVE: Updates as William visits the Great Exhibition of the North

iceflower 09-07-2018 09:03 AM

:previous:

Here are two galleries of his visit today:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

And here's another article:

** dailymail: Give us a wave, Wills! Duke of Cambridge showcases his paternal side as he delights a group of schoolchildren..**

TLLK 09-07-2018 10:55 AM

The school kids seem delighted that he spent time with them today.:smile:

Missjersey 09-07-2018 11:23 AM

He left the gift of a wonderful memory for the children.

Rudolph 09-07-2018 11:52 AM

Published on 7 Sep 2018

Prince William donned a pair of virtual reality goggles to watch a classical music performance as he visited PROTO:

The Emerging Technology Centre, which is dedicated to testing and creating new digital solutions for future business challenges.

The Duke met with businesses using the centre, and saw demonstrations of how new technologies, such as motion capture and augmented reality are being used by different sectors.

After the visit the Prince described his VR experience as "really cool

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=frUB4JURcpA

Rudolph 09-08-2018 07:25 AM

The Duke of Cambridge today visited the Great Exhibition of the North in Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Tyne and Wear (Mrs Susan Winfield).

His Royal Highness this morning visited the Sage Gateshead, St Mary’s Square, Gateshead Quays. The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon opened Proto: the Emerging Technology Centre, Abbott’s Hill, Baltic Business Quarter, Gateshead.

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Reception for volunteers and supporters at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art, South Shore Road, Gateshead.*

The Duke of Cambridge subsequently visited Cooper’s Studios, 14-18 Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne.

Court Circular || 7 September 2018

Zaira 09-08-2018 11:09 PM

I have been very pleased with the type and number of engagements for William this past week. He has been in sterling form the past year, really. It has actually made me like him again!

I am also glad to see a younger royal doing day aways to parts of the UK not immediately around London! I also just have a soft spot for Newcastle. One of my favorite cities in the UK!

TLLK 09-09-2018 12:03 PM

I agree Zairia that it is important and necessary for the members of the BRF to be seen around the nation and not limit themselves to London or its nearby cities. :smile: I am aware that they do engagements throughout the country, but unfortunately national media coverage is often limited to a select few.

Zaira 09-09-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 2148445)
I agree Zairia that it is important and necessary for the members of the BRF to be seen around the nation and not limit themselves to London or its nearby cities. :smile: I am aware that they do engagements throughout the country, but unfortunately national media coverage is often limited to a select few.

Anne, Charles and co do many engagements outside of the home counties, but the KP set rarely does and they are the media focus.

Of course, politically/socially the home counties are an understandable focus, but I am hoping for wider travel as they settle into full-time roles. William has certainly been getting out into the country more the past year. :flowers:

Rudolph 09-11-2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2147934)
Published on 7 Sep 2018

Prince William donned a pair of virtual reality goggles to watch a classical music performance as he visited PROTO:

The Emerging Technology Centre, which is dedicated to testing and creating new digital solutions for future business challenges.

The Duke met with businesses using the centre, and saw demonstrations of how new technologies, such as motion capture and augmented reality are being used by different sectors.

After the visit the Prince described his VR experience as "really cool

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=frUB4JURcpA

Prince William visits Sage Music Centre

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HhG40LCt4vg&t=26s

Rudolph 09-12-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

In tonight’s episode DIY SOS Grenfell, Prince William paid another visit to the site of the community centre where he met Nabil, who lost several members of his family in the blaze.

The royal told Nabil: “I can only imagine what you’ve had to go through, you and your family, it’s truly horrendous.”

“Having the support it’s been really bad and it’s been really slow and not everyone is getting the support they should be getting,” Nabil revealed, leaving Prince William stunned.

The 36-year-old asked: “In which areas? What areas is the support lacking in?” “Fighting back tears, Nabil told him: “On the mental side and physical side.

“It’s just very, it’s a very hard process and hopefully with guidance and support, I’m not saying it will solve problems, but I saw what happened.”

“The shock is still probably enormous,” Prince William replied taking Nabil’s hand in his own.

“I hope that what is happening here is a sign that there are a lot of people in your community who care and want to help and this will be a lasting legacy toward that support.

“I know those are just words to you but there are a lot of people who care about what has happened to this community and want it to get better.”

He continued: “I hope it bring you some kind of solace “You stay strong, it really means a lot to meet you.”

Viewers were left in tears by the moment which showed Prince William very much involved with the project and wanting to know about Nabil was coping.

“Look at that though, he’s just a genuinely good bloke. #DIYSOS,” one viewer wrote.

Another added: “For god sake prince William. Anyone got any tissues #DIYSOS.”

A third shared: “Prince William once again showing he’s just a thoroughly decent, compassionate human. Wonderful to see. #diysos @DIYSOS.”
Read more: DIY SOS Grenfell: Prince William leaves viewers in tears with heartbreaking gesture

Rudolph 09-13-2018 08:05 AM

The Duke of Cambridge is in London today with the ambassador and Deputy PM of Japan.

Video

A speech by The Duke of Cambridge at the Opening of Japan House, London

iceflower 09-13-2018 10:12 AM

Here are some photos of the opening of the Japan House in London today, as well as an article:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Just like his grandfather! William makes a gaffe worthy of Prince Philip as he asks schoolchildren if they like Chinese food..**

TLLK 09-13-2018 12:20 PM

:previous: Oh no. Must be embarrassing to have every "brain fart" recorded for posterity. :biggrin:Good thing he caught his mistake and rectified it quickly.

Ista 09-13-2018 12:25 PM

Very embarrassing, but unlike his grandfather, at least he recognized that he had misspoken and made an effort to correct himself. On the scale of shocking verbal flubs this one seems fairly minor.

Rudolph 09-13-2018 12:43 PM

Prince William shows off his chopstick skills at Japan cultural centre

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbZTUAedrnE

polyesco 09-13-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 2149319)

Here are some photos of the opening of the Japan House in London today, as well as an article:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Just like his grandfather! William makes a gaffe worthy of Prince Philip as he asks schoolchildren if they like Chinese food..**

oops! :lol:
Chinese...Japanese...
It happens to us all

Empress Merel 09-13-2018 05:10 PM

Unprofessional and ignorant. Not a good look.

Rudolph 09-13-2018 05:29 PM

When you watch the video, it’s pretty harmless. The children at the table are neither Chinese nor Japanese. William corrected himself immediately, and it was a very successful visit.

It’s not like a few months ago when the U.K. Foreign secretary introduced his Chinese wife, as Japanese, to a room full of dignitaries from Japan.

Rudolph 09-18-2018 10:36 AM

Prince William visits Acorns Children's Hospice in Birmingham The hospice was opened 30 years ago by HRH’s mother, Diana, Princess of Wales

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zOLySUGbJb0

iceflower 09-18-2018 12:09 PM

Here are some more photos of the hospice visit:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Following in her footsteps: Poignant moment William is pictured in the exact same spot his late mother stood in..**

Rudolph 09-19-2018 12:09 PM

Some quotes from William’s visit to Acorns Hospice.

It was a delight to have Prince William here today. He took so much time to speak to patients, staff and parents. He asked about our roles here and how we help the children. He was fantastic with everyone.

- Lindsay Homer, head nurse at Acorns Hospice

I’m the proudest mum in the world. Not only that but Prince William said ‘Come on mum, get your phone out and take a photo!’ which was so lovely!”

- Sarah Green

He had so much time for us. Esther had an eight-hour operation just last week and he asked how she’s getting on which was so nice. We also had some banter about football because I’m a Liverpool fan and my family are all Villa. He said as long as Prince George doesn’t end up supporting Chelsea he’ll be happy!

- Michael Robinson

Prince William was just genuine and lovely. He spent a lot of time with us, asking about Esther and her condition and how much we rely on Acorns as parents. He’s such a lovely man. You can tell he just really cares.

- Claire Robinson, whose daughter Esther has been coming to Acorns for the past 15 years

I’m bursting with pride, it was such a massive honour and he was just so down to earth. He asked about the facilities and how I’m getting on. It’s just been a great day I’ll never ever forget.

- Bradley Addison, Acorns Hospice ambassador

wartenberg7 09-19-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 2149415)
Unprofessional and ignorant. Not a good look.

I love it! It shows that "they" are human, too! And there was nothing "ignorant" about it at all!
Hope for yourself that you always get things proper, accurate and right...!:whistling:

Rudolph 10-08-2018 08:31 AM

The Duke of Cambridge will attend the World Premiere of Peter Jackson's 'They Shall Not Grow Old' at the #LFF⁠ ⁠on Tuesday 16th October. #TheyShallNotGrowOld

'They Shall Not Grow Old', co-commissioned by @I_W_M and @1418NOW, uses groundbreaking methods to provide a new understanding of the human experience of life at the front during #WW1 #TheyShallNotGrowOld

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...255916545?s=21

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...417430016?s=21

Rudolph 10-08-2018 08:07 PM

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon received the Rt Hon Michael Gove MP (Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)

- Court Circular ll 8 October 2018

iceflower 10-10-2018 08:06 AM

The Duke of Cambridge met the President of Gabon Ali Bongo Ondimba for a bilateral meeting at Buckingham Palace today, October 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Rudolph 10-10-2018 09:07 PM

The Duke of Cambridge received The President of the Gabonese Republic at Buckingham Palace this morning.

His Royal Highness received The President of the Republic of Botswana at Buckingham Palace this afternoon.

- Court Circular || 10 October 2018

iceflower 10-11-2018 11:27 AM

The Duke of Cambridge met the President of Uganda Yoweri Museveni at Buckingham Palace on October 11:

** gettyimages gallery **

Rudolph 10-11-2018 04:42 PM

On Tuesday 16th October The Duke of Cambridge will host a reception at Buckingham Palace to recognise the extraordinary contribution made by British divers and support staff in the successful rescue of 12 boys and their football coach from Tham Luang cave in Thailand.

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...690393601?s=21

Rudolph 10-11-2018 09:12 PM

The Duke of Cambridge received the President of the Republic of Uganda this afternoon at Buckingham Palace

- Court Circular || 11 October 2018

Rudolph 10-16-2018 10:23 AM

The Duke of Cambridge will visit the UK Atomic Energy Authority on Thursday 18th October.

At @fusionenergy he will officially mark the end of construction of MAST Upgrade, which is the UK’s newest fusion energy experiment.

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...846468096?s=21

Rudolph 10-16-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Prince William looked dapper tonight as he attended the premiere of director Peter Jackson's first war film at the BFI in London.

The Duke of Cambridge, 36, opted for a smart navy suit and maroon tie as he walked the red carpet for new film They Shall Not Grow Old.

He met Jackson, who is most famous for directing the Hobbit films, as he arrived for the premiere on the Southbank this evening
Read more: Prince William looks dapper as he attends premiere of director Peter Jackson's first war film They Shall Not Grow Old

iceflower 10-16-2018 03:50 PM

Additional photos of the Duke of Cambridge at the film premiere can be found here:

** rex gallery **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: 'They Shall Not Grow Old' World Premiere - 62nd BFI London Film Festival **

Rudolph 10-16-2018 04:08 PM

Video from tonight’s film premiere

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fVeW7ab-3n8

Rudolph 10-18-2018 10:34 AM

Oct 18, 2018 - The Duke of Cambridge, visits the UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) at the Culham Science Centre in Abingdon, near Oxford in southern England

gettyimages

Prince William visits the U.K. Atomic Energy Authority

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SvQnHNhX4po

iceflower 10-18-2018 04:00 PM

Here's an article about the visit today:

** pa/dailymail: William presses large red button to start experimental fusion reactor **

Rudolph 10-25-2018 09:13 PM

The Duke of Cambridge this morning attended a Duchy of Cornwall meeting at Clarence House

- Court Circular || 24 October 2018

JessRulz 10-31-2018 01:01 AM

Please note that William's upcoming engagement with at the Submariners' Remembrance Service is to be discussed in the https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-18465-28.html thread.

eya 10-31-2018 10:44 AM

The Founder of WalesInter (Wales’ leading video games publisher), David Banner collected his award from The Duke of Cambridge today for service to the Video Games Industry

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dq1wcO2WkAEHBNx.jpg

Flight Lieutenant Ben Wallis was on exchange as an instructor with the Royal Danish Air Force (RDAF), when he took control of an aircraft after an engine malfunction. Today he receives The Air Force Cross of The Duke of Cambridge.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dq1zETvU8AA3Q99.jpg

iceflower 10-31-2018 05:02 PM

Here's a gallery of the Investiture ceremony the Duke of Cambridge had today:

** pa gallery ** dailymail article **

Rudolph 11-02-2018 01:25 PM

The Duke of Cambridge this morning held a Duchy of Cornwall Meeting at Clarence House.

Court Circular || 1 November 2018

JessRulz 11-03-2018 01:33 AM

Reminder - posts about events William does with his patronages are to be posted in either their specific thread, or the general https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ges-18465.html thread.

Rudolph 11-07-2018 10:08 AM

The Duke of Cambridge is doing investitures today at BP. Including Emma Thompson made a dame

Pic

Emma Thompson ‘sniggers’ with William at Palace honours ceremony

iceflower 11-07-2018 12:26 PM

Here are some more photos of his investitures today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery **

Rudolph 11-13-2018 08:08 PM

We are delighted to announce that His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge will be attending #ThisCanHappen18 next Tuesday. We are honoured that he has chosen to attend the conference and show his support for our event – the largest gathering of mental health advocates in the UK.

Via This Can Happen Twitter

https://twitter.com/tchappen/status/...535198720?s=21

TLLK 11-15-2018 10:59 PM

CC 15/11 The Duke of Cambridge this morning attended a Meeting of the Royal Foundation Taskforce on the Prevention of Cyberbullying, at Buckingham Palace.

iceflower 11-29-2018 11:10 AM

The Duke of Cambridge held Investiture Ceremonies at Buckingham Palace today, November 29:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** dailymail article ** pa gallery **

Rudolph 12-03-2018 11:04 PM

The Duke of Cambridge this morning received the Rt Hon Tony Blair

- Court Circular || 3 December 2018

Rudolph 12-06-2018 11:43 AM

The Duke of Cambridge will represent Her Majesty The Queen as the Reviewing Officer at the Sovereign’s Parade at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst on Friday 14th December.

iceflower 12-07-2018 03:49 PM

The Duke of Cambridge had an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, December 7:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** dailymail article 1 ** dailymail article 2 **

AdmirerUS 12-07-2018 06:16 PM

Mary Beard is hilarious. Talking away at William. I may not agree with her very one dimensional characterization of Catherine, but I agree with her about Latin. Learn a bit of Latin and Spanish, Italian and a lot of English come much easier. I've never regretted my Latin. (and that's off topic, sorry!)

I do think it worth noting how open minded the honors award process must be for Mary to be so honored.

iceflower 12-14-2018 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2178148)
The Duke of Cambridge will represent Her Majesty The Queen as the Reviewing Officer at the Sovereign’s Parade at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst on Friday 14th December.

The Duke of Cambridge took the salute at the Sovereign's Parade at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst today:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Prince William dons military uniform to represent his grandmother the Queen..**

Rudolph 12-14-2018 11:31 AM

“Indeed, it is no accident that you are stood here today. Each of you has demonstrated the very special values that we look for in all those who lead our brave men and women.”

Read more: A speech by The Duke of Cambridge at the Sovereign’s Parade, Sandhurst

The Duke of Cambridge has represented the Queen for the Sovereign's Parade at the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ry11x4cHhQ

Rudolph 12-19-2018 08:27 AM

The Duke of Cambridge will take part in a conversation with Sir David Attenborough on-stage next month at the 2019 World Economic Forum in @Davos.

They will discuss Sir David’s decades of work highlighting the importance of the natural world and the urgent challenges and opportunities that will face the next generation of environmental leaders.

The Duke will also join a panel discussion on mental health, and will use the opportunity to highlight his belief that the world’s major employers have a vital role to play in promoting mentally healthy societies and workplaces.

Rudolph 01-03-2019 12:21 PM

The Duke of Cambridge will visit @LDNairamb on Wednesday 9th January to recognise the work that their first responders carry out delivering life-saving treatment across London.

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...416286209?s=21

TLLK 01-03-2019 12:53 PM

:previous: Returning to a familiar setting and listening to stories that likely match his own experience working with East Anglia Air Ambulance. :smile:

muriel 01-03-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2185604)
The Duke of Cambridge will visit @LDNairamb on Wednesday 9th January to recognise the work that their first responders carry out delivering life-saving treatment across London.

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...416286209?s=21

Also note that he is starting out his engagements quite early in the year after quite lot of unfair criticism on this front a few years ago. I say unfair as he worked with the Air Ambulance at the time.

Osipi 01-03-2019 01:53 PM

Actually, my opinion is that working with EAAA was one of the best things that he was allowed to do for a period of time. True life experience that serves to give a good understanding of how things are is perhaps the best teacher.

William, today, could identify with those he met today because he's actually been there, done that and earned the t-shirt. :biggrin:

Dman 01-03-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 2185621)
Also note that he is starting out his engagements quite early in the year after quite lot of unfair criticism on this front a few years ago. I say unfair as he worked with the Air Ambulance at the time.

It was mentioned last year that the younger royals will start the new year busy in January. Also, they’re taking on more responsibility in 2019.

MARG 01-03-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2185626)
Actually, my opinion is that working with EAAA was one of the best things that he was allowed to do for a period of time. True life experience that serves to give a good understanding of how things are is perhaps the best teacher.

William, today, could identify with those he met today because he's actually been there, done that and earned the t-shirt. :biggrin:

William was exposed to "true life" from Sandhurst onward. Whatever the Brass say is quite irrelevant, the troops will make up their own minds regardless. That time in the Army and then his transfer and stint as co-pilot and then a pilot with 22 Squadron RAF was definitely a "true life experience which co-incidentally allowed William and Catherine to begin family life while posted to RAF Valley.

With the decision to outsource Rescue work, William left the RAF in September 2013 and in July 2015 he commenced work as an EAAA pilot, working 20 hours a week until he retired in July 2017 to move to full-time royal duties. Whatever else this was, a "true life experience" was not it, as there are few others would not need to juggle a stressful full-time job, married life and new parenthood.

To hear that William is getting 2019 off to an early start is a very good look.

Rudolph 01-09-2019 11:32 PM

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon received Sir Timothy Clark (President, Emirates)

Sir Timothy Clark is the Chairman of the Emirates Airline Foundation, a non-profit charity that he helped found which provides humanitarian philanthropic aid and services for children in need around the world

Court Circular || 9 January 2019

Rudolph 01-17-2019 05:08 AM

The Duke of Cambridge this morning received Sir David Attenborough (Naturalist and Broadcaster).

His Royal Highness this afternoon received the Rt Hon David Mundell, MP (Secretary of State for Scotland).

Court Circular || 16 January 2019

Dman 01-17-2019 09:48 AM

I just love the fact that The Cambridge’s and Sussex’s were very busy yesterday. Well managed, KP.

muriel 01-17-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 2189205)
I just love the fact that The Cambridge’s and Sussex’s were very busy yesterday. Well managed, KP.

We are clearly moving to a time when the Cambridge's and Sussex' will have very busy days on an ongoing basis. A lot of that will be behind the scenes, private meetings, working in the office and some of it will be public engagements. The problem is that it is only the public engagements that get reported on.

Rudolph 01-22-2019 05:41 AM

The Duke of Cambridge will be interviewing Sir David Attenborough at the @wef today and you can watch it live here:

https://www.weforum.org/events/world...d-attenborough

eya 01-22-2019 07:19 AM

Duke of Cambridge in Davos

https://twitter.com/i/status/1087670127607406592

Dman 01-22-2019 09:20 AM

The session is now Live-
https://www.weforum.org/events/world...d-attenborough

iceflower 01-22-2019 10:45 AM

Here are some photos of the Duke of Cambridge in Davos today:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: 'We're in danger of destroying the natural world and therefore ourselves': Sir David Attenborough tells Prince William ..**

Rudolph 01-22-2019 11:52 AM

The Duke of Cambridge meets with the Rt Honourable Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister of New Zealand, at The World Economic Forum

Pic

Pic 2

Rudolph 01-22-2019 01:36 PM

The Duke of Cambridge and Sir David Attenborough discuss Sir David’s work highlighting the importance of the natural world and the urgent challenges facing the next generation of environmental leaders

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6NxE6Apaw

muriel 01-23-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2190845)
The Duke of Cambridge and Sir David Attenborough discuss Sir David’s work highlighting the importance of the natural world and the urgent challenges facing the next generation of environmental leaders

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6NxE6Apaw

The interview appears to have received good reviews.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ugh-Davos.html

Rudolph 01-23-2019 07:18 AM

The Duke of Cambridge today attended the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland.

His Royal Highness this morning received Professor Klaus Schwab (Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum).

The Duke of Cambridge afterwards attended a Meeting on Global Governance. His Royal Highness this afternoon received the Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern, MP (Prime Minister of New Zealand).

The Duke of Cambridge subsequently interviewed Sir David Attenborough (Naturalist and Broadcaster).

His Royal Highness later attended a Screening of Sir David Attenborough’s new documentary series, “Our Planet”. Dr Simon Case and Mr Jason Knauf are in attendance

Court Circular || 22 January 2019

polyesco 01-23-2019 02:34 PM

William with Queen Máxima of the Netherlands and German Chancellor Angela Merkel
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...653120/photo/1

and Al Gore
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/10880...g&name=600x314

iceflower 01-23-2019 03:11 PM

Here's an article about the Duke's attendance at the Mental Health Matters forum today:

** dailymail: Prince William blames the stiff upper lip mentality of his grandmother's war generation..**

Ista 01-23-2019 03:55 PM

:previous: In typical DM fashion the headline is misleading, and makes it sound as though William is being disrespectful of his grandmother and the WWII generation. That's not quite what he said. But hey, why let the actual quotes get in the way of the headlines?

Osipi 01-23-2019 04:10 PM

Actually, I thought that the headline was right on the mark (for the Fail, its unusual). William goes on to explain that amid all the horrors of the war, one just kept on keeping on and bottled things up and tried to get through the horrors of war the best they could.

I didn't live during those times but the war and its effects were felt world wide.
Especially in London and the UK. People lived not knowing what was coming the next day or if their loved ones would return. They had to survive and having a mental breakdown was antithesis to being able to keep on their toes and alert. Hence the "stiff upper lip".

I think, though, I identified with William most when he talked about handling the traumas he faced during his own experiences. After witnessing those kind of things, its *very* important to sit and talk about it and process it. That's why debriefing here for our fire and rescue squads are mandatory should there be a need for it.

Ista 01-23-2019 04:21 PM

My impression of the headline and captions was different than yours. I thought the choice of words implied that the current generation's mental health problems could be laid at the door of the WWII generation, and as I noted, that's not really what he said. I thought all of his comments were very compassionate, for everyone involved.

Osipi 01-23-2019 04:35 PM

William does have the capacity to speak from the heart much like his grandmother does. He's sincere.

We do learn and tend to follow our parent's examples. My parent's era was the WWII era and, trust me, no one talked about mental issues or it was rare even to have what we call "drama". Come to think of it, we said things like "expecting" instead of pregnant. Television censors cut out a reference to the "W.C.".

My generation had the answer to mental illnesses. Drugs. They were doled out plentiful as many ailments we know more about today were treated with "mother's little helpers". PMS hadn't been invented yet. That, I lived through. :biggrin:

This, is perhaps why we see the title differently. My kids (all in their 40s) would probably see it the same way you do.

Ista 01-23-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2191122)
William does have the capacity to speak from the heart much like his grandmother does. He's sincere.

We do learn and tend to follow our parent's examples. My parent's era was the WWII era and, trust me, no one talked about mental issues or it was rare even to have what we call "drama". Come to think of it, we said things like "expecting" instead of pregnant. Television censors cut out a reference to the "W.C.".

My generation had the answer to mental illnesses. Drugs. They were doled out plentiful as many ailments we know more about today were treated with "mother's little helpers". PMS hadn't been invented yet. That, I lived through. :biggrin:

This, is perhaps why we see the title differently. My kids (all in their 40s) would probably see it the same way you do.

I agree, William does have that gift, and it's always a bit surprising, because his public affect is much cooler. Then he speaks from the heart, and demonstrates his vulnerability, and you realize it's a case of still waters.

I suspect that I am very close to you in age, since my children are in their thirties, but the difference in the reading of the "tone" of the DM headline may come down to me being primed to assume that the DM puts a negative spin on anything if they can. When did I get so cynical :eek:

Osipi 01-23-2019 04:54 PM

I guess just like broken clocks are right twice a day, its possible for the Fail to publish a good journalistic story without a negative slant to it. ;)

Lilyflo 01-23-2019 05:23 PM

The DM headline & article tone is deliberate clickbait for those who see millennials as 'snowflakes' for talking about their mental health and they'd prefer some of the old fashioned "stiff upper lip" of war time Brits. This attitude is exactly what William is up against of course because traditionally, our culture has been to repress & conceal emotion.

I think William & his generation of royals are doing a grand job with their mental health work & his mother would be so proud of him.

Marlo 01-23-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Celebrities feared supporting Heads Together due to fear of mental health stigma, Prince William says
Huh? many British celebrities have spoken about their own mental health battles. They were doing a lot of mental health campaigns.

Lumutqueen 01-23-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlo (Post 2191146)
Huh? many British celebrities have spoken about their own mental health battles. They were doing a lot of mental health campaigns.

Who exactly? There’s no reason for William to lie, and what he says makes absolute sense considering the stigma around mental health.

Rudolph 01-24-2019 11:30 AM

The Duke of Cambridge today attended the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland. His Royal Highness this morning received the Hon Al Gore (former Vice President of the United States of America). The Duke of Cambridge later attended a Meeting on the Illegal Wildlife Trade. His Royal Highness this afternoon joined a panel discussion on “Mental Health Matters”. Dr Simon Case and Mr Jason Knauf were in attendance

Court Circular || 23 January 2019

Rudolph 01-24-2019 11:44 AM

Prince William meeting with Merkerle and Queen Maxima

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxrIrd6X...pg&name=medium

Osipi 01-24-2019 11:54 AM

Isn't that Queen Maxima of the Netherlands?

Rudolph 01-24-2019 11:59 AM

Thanks Oispi

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 2191093)
William with Queen Máxima of the Netherlands and German Chancellor Angela Merkel

and Al Gore

I missed Al Gore. Good find.

Rudolph 01-24-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 2191093)

and Al Gore

I missed Al Gore. Good find.