The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Christening of Prince Louis of Cambridge: July 9, 2018 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/christening-of-prince-louis-of-cambridge-july-9-2018-a-45060.html)

Princess Larisa 06-29-2018 06:14 PM

I believe it was mentioned that she will be back in September. So, that would make it 5 months, give or take a week.

Dman 06-29-2018 09:25 PM

I think the Duchess of Cambridge will start making her comeback probably around mid to late July. She won’t be gone long.

Pranter 06-29-2018 10:03 PM

I think it will be more along the lines of late August ...maybe even September.

LaRae

Dman 06-29-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2128289)
I think it will be more along the lines of late August ...maybe even September.

LaRae

It wonít be that long. KP will most likely announce an engagement for her soon. Likely late July.

Countessmeout 06-29-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 2128295)
It wonít be that long. KP will most likely announce an engagement for her soon. Likely late July.

The royals, even those who aren't on maternity leave, are pretty quiet late July/August. It wouldn't be too much surprise if it was fall.

Princess Larisa 06-29-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 2128295)

Where are you getting this info?
Iím sure Kensington Palace said she would be back to her regular schedule in the Fall. To me that means September, definitely not July.

Osipi 06-30-2018 12:12 AM

I also think it will be fall before an official itinerary of engagements are announced for Kate signaling the end of her maternity leave.

This doesn't mean that Kate won't pop up here and there every so often doing something but as the summer months is when all the British royals kind of take a breather and time out, things resume in full swing in Septemeber.

MichelleQ2 06-30-2018 01:20 AM

I think Kateís return to full time work will coordinate with George and Charlotte going back to school in early September. I do expect her to appear at a few spotted events over the summer ... I know she hasnít been announced, but wouldnít surprise me if she comes to RAF service next week since she is the Honorary Commandant of the RAF Air Cadets. And the will prob make an appearance or 2 at Wimbledon.

muriel 06-30-2018 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 (Post 2128323)
I think Kateís return to full time work will coordinate with George and Charlotte going back to school in early September. I do expect her to appear at a few spotted events over the summer ... I know she hasnít been announced, but wouldnít surprise me if she comes to RAF service next week since she is the Honorary Commandant of the RAF Air Cadets. And the will prob make an appearance or 2 at Wimbledon.

I think that is correct. The odd appearance here and there, and then a proper return to work once George and Charlotte return to school in early September.

miss whirley 06-30-2018 12:48 PM

Interesting conversation (though it seems off-topic to Louis' Christening).

Speaking of which, I'm glad they are having it at the Chapel Royal in St. James Palace instead of at St Mary Magdalene's. It offers more privacy. Going by George's reaction outside Lindo Wing, I don't think he'd be ready to walk past hundreds (thousands?) of royalists as they line the path at Sandringham. His 1-year-old self at Charlotte's Christening seemed to also find it off-putting and needed to be carried by dad. So while I'm sure they chose The Chapel Royal primarily because they're now based in London, as well as convenience for the other Royals (Queen and Philip especially), I think it will benefit George as well.

Rudolph 07-04-2018 03:52 PM

Less than a week to go

Prince Louis' christening: Inside the Chapel Royal at St James's Palace where service for royal baby will take place

Osipi 07-04-2018 03:57 PM

Thanks Rudolph for posting the article with pictures of the interior of the chapel at St. James' Palace. I had never seen the interior before and always wondered what it was like in there. Looks like a perfect place for a cozy, family christening for Louis. :smile:

Zaira 07-05-2018 02:59 AM

I wonder if Trini will finally be godmother? Her and Kate go so far back.

CyrilVladisla 07-05-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaira (Post 2129514)
I wonder if Trini will finally be godmother? Her and Kate go so far back.

Zaira, Who is Trini?

Rudolph 07-05-2018 10:46 PM

Trini Foyle is an old friend of Catherine’s. They went to Marlborough College together.

Countessmeout 07-06-2018 12:03 AM

Havent seen or heard much about Trini in years.

Kate Walks with Trini Foyle in the Park

Trini was seen a lot in the year Kate and William broke up. Her and her husband have at least one son Alexander who is 2 years older then George. He is the kid in the pram in the above link.

Rudolph 07-06-2018 08:26 AM

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby says of Prince Louis's christening next week: "You know, if you're at the wedding don't drop the rings and if you're at the baptism don't drop the baby. They're a wonderful family, there's lots of love and it'll be a great occasion."

Via Hannah Furness Twitter

TLLK 07-06-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2129869)
Havent seen or heard much about Trini in years.

Kate Walks with Trini Foyle in the Park

Trini was seen a lot in the year Kate and William broke up. Her and her husband have at least one son Alexander who is 2 years older then George. He is the kid in the pram in the above link.

From what I have read the Cambridges' friends tend to stay under the radar, so any interaction might occur away from the cameras' lenses. :smile:

acdc1 07-09-2018 12:46 AM

Who do you think will be in the official group photo that they release? It's a bigger group than when Charlotte was christened, with the addition of Harry (who had been in Australia), Meghan, and Pippa's husband. Do you think they will do a big group with all the family members, or maybe (at least release) one of just the immediate Cambridge family?

Iluvbertie 07-09-2018 12:57 AM

I suspect they will release one with the Cambridge family and one with maybe the grandparents and the Queen and Philip.

They aren't into releasing that many pictures of the children and this occasion will be no different - one or maybe two.