The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Christening of Prince Louis of Cambridge: July 9, 2018 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/christening-of-prince-louis-of-cambridge-july-9-2018-a-45060.html)

Osipi 07-15-2018 06:45 PM

What beautiful photos those are! In the one with just Kate and Louis, its pretty clear to see that little Louis is going to have blue eyes.

Great family portraits even though I do miss the Queen being in the center of them. Well worth the wait for.

Thanks Eya!

peanutbutterfly 07-15-2018 06:47 PM

Lovely pictures

Countessmeout 07-15-2018 06:48 PM

Sorry but not great quality photos. The one on the gray background is bad. It looks like George was photo shopped into the photo. And William looks like a mannequin. George is badly photo shopped in one of the family pics too. Not the good quality expect from official royal photos.

I do love the photo with Kate and Louis. And the extended family portrait :flowers:

Miss seeing the queen and Philip. :sad:

Rudolph 07-15-2018 06:55 PM

Beautiful family pictures

royal rob 07-15-2018 07:02 PM

Beautiful photos especially the one of Kate and Louis.

TLLK 07-15-2018 07:03 PM

Beautiful family photos! I wonder if Angela Kelly tea dyed the fabric and the lace of the replica christening gown? It is a much deeper shade than the cream worn by Kate, Camilla and on George's shirt.

George's beaming smile is so typical for pre-school boys and Charlotte is sweetly gazing at Louis. :smile:

Considering the background colors of the drapery, rugs, upholstery, it appears that some real coordination was done to create IMO a harmonious photo with the combined Windsor/Middleton family.

miss whirley 07-15-2018 07:03 PM

I like that Louis' blood relatives (plus Camilla and James Matthews ) all wore blue and/or white. It was a perfect color scheme with the room.

Missjersey 07-15-2018 07:05 PM

Lovely photos, thank you eya.

Rudolph 07-15-2018 07:06 PM

Charlotte holding Louis’s hand is too cute!

Zaira 07-15-2018 07:08 PM

The pic of Kate and Louis is one of the best formal royal pictures I've ever seen. Definitely the best from the Cambridges I think.

Nico 07-15-2018 07:08 PM

Very nice pictures ! love the #teamWales one !

Miss the Queen and the Duke too ...

Moonmaiden23 07-15-2018 07:09 PM

I think the photos are lovely.

I must say that of all the Cambridge children I think Louis is the prettiest as an infant!:whistling:

Curryong 07-15-2018 07:10 PM

Beautiful photos. Young George looks in fine spirits, and Kate is totally in love with her new baby. Charlotte as well, by the look of it!

EllieCat 07-15-2018 07:13 PM

The Queen is in the background in one of the paintings hanging on the wall. I wonder if that was deliberate? If so, nice idea.

Osipi 07-15-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllieCat (Post 2133712)
The Queen is in the background in one of the paintings hanging on the wall. I wonder if that was deliberate? If so, nice idea.

Oooh! Sharp eyes there EllieCat! I notice too that the portrait of the Queen has her also in blue. :biggrin:

Nico 07-15-2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2133713)
Oooh! Sharp eyes there EllieCat! I notice too that the portrait of the Queen has her also in blue. :biggrin:

And if i'm not mistaken it's Charles's favourite portrait of the Queen :

https://cdn-03.belfasttelegraph.co.u...a83950722f8e_1

ROYAL NORWAY 07-15-2018 07:24 PM

Thanks eya! :flowers:

Really beautiful photos, though I find the two family pics a bit empty without the Queen and Philip there.
But nice to see HM on the wall behind them.

Dman 07-15-2018 07:29 PM

Very beautiful pictures!

JuliannaVictoria 07-15-2018 07:34 PM

Beautiful portraits. Particularly love the one with just the DoC and Louis.

Osipi 07-15-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 2133714)
And if i'm not mistaken it's Charles's favourite portrait of the Queen :

https://cdn-03.belfasttelegraph.co.u...a83950722f8e_1

And now that I see that portrait up closer, it makes me think that Kate's hat she wore for the christening is actually very similar in ways to the one the Queen is wearing in the portrait. Hmmmmmm. :biggrin:

JuliannaVictoria 07-15-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss whirley (Post 2133700)
I like that Louis' blood relatives (plus Camilla and James Matthews ) all wore blue and/or white. It was a perfect color scheme with the room.

For the most part I like the photos, though I probably would have made James Matthews and Meghan the bookends in the group photo, so in the event of divorce (especially any messy ones) both could be an easy crop out.

Quite rude and obnoxious of you to make such a suggestion.

miss whirley 07-15-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria (Post 2133721)
[/B]

Quite rude and obnoxious of you to make such a suggestion.

Actually, it's quite a common practice where I'm from. Just like you don't pick in-laws for godparents in case of a divorce. Unless you're closer to the in-law than you are to the blood relative spouse.

yvr girl 07-15-2018 07:48 PM

Princess Charlotte looked so different on this day. I think it is the part in
her hair.

Rudolph 07-15-2018 07:56 PM

Princess Charlotte is going to be a character. You can see it in her eyes :biggrin:

M. Payton 07-15-2018 08:12 PM

Love the pictures except for the strange one with William and family standing, not good at all. Yet love the one with Catherine and Louis , what an outstanding picture, shows the deep love of a mother for her child. Yes as everyone said here, miss HM and Philip in the pictures. They so belong there with the rest of the family ....

Countessmeout 07-15-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss whirley (Post 2133722)
Actually, it's quite a common practice where I'm from. Just like you don't pick in-laws for godparents in case of a divorce. Unless you're closer to the in-law than you are to the blood relative spouse.

Well fortunately for many people we don't all live in a cynical world where 'oh well you aren't blood so we should keep you out on the fringe just in case your wedding disolves'. Many people actually define family by more then blood. Divorce ends a marriage, not a family.

Harry had the ex wives of 2 Uncles at his wedding (Charles' first wife and Fergie). Margaret's ex husband was often included. Tom PB's wife who he is separated from, Sarah, was invited to the wedding.

Did you suggest Kate should be pushed to the edge of Harry and Meghan's wedding photos, just in case her marriage ends??

Somebody 07-15-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss whirley (Post 2133700)

For the most part I like the photos, though I probably would have made James Matthews and Meghan the bookends in the group photo, so in the event of divorce (especially any messy ones) both could be an easy crop out.

Well, they are part of the family now, so I don't see a reason to position them differently (should Camilla be positioned differently as well? And what about Catherine? She is not a birth member of the royal family...); and cropping them out would be pointless anyway as these are the official photographs.

Lady Marlboro 07-15-2018 08:40 PM

I like the pictures. My least favorite is the one of the 5 Cambridges with the grey background. I think I would have liked it better if William and Kate had been sitting and George and Charlotte standing. As it is, the height difference between the parents and the two kids makes it awkward. I wish there had been a picture of Prince Charles with his grandchildren. I don't recall ever seeing one but I think it would be nice.

Somebody 07-15-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss whirley (Post 2133722)

I'd say that is rather different. Many times someone is closest to the brother or sister, so it makes sense to pick that person as the godparent.

That's rather different than purposefully positioning all 'married-ins' at the outside so as to preserve an image of 'clean family' in case of a divorce. If there is a picture that includes someone you don't appreciate any longer in 10 or 20 years time it's not too hard not to put or keep that picture on your wall.

It won't do any harm to Louis to have a picture of what his core family was like when he was baptized; even if his uncle James gets married to someone -who isn't on the picture yet- or if someone is his family ends up divorced from the person they are married to right now (which would be very unfortunate).

miss whirley 07-15-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2133737)
Well fortunately for many people we don't all live in a cynical world where 'oh well you aren't blood so we should keep you out on the fringe just in case your wedding disolves'. Many people actually define family by more then blood. Divorce ends a marriage, not a family.

Harry had the ex wives of 2 Uncles at his wedding (Charles' first wife and Fergie). Margaret's ex husband was often included. Tom PB's wife who he is separated from, Sarah, was invited to the wedding.

Did you suggest Kate should be pushed to the edge of Harry and Meghan's wedding photos, just in case her marriage ends??

If she hadn't had Charlotte on her lap, then sure. If The Sussexes ever have children then I would have Catherine bookend the Christening photo too. Just like if Doria were to remarry before the Christening, I would put Meghan's new stepfather on the opposite end.

I fully embrace pragmatism. I know some others like to 'hope for the best and never prepare for the worst' and that's fine for them.

And there is a difference between married-ins and blood. Mark Phillips didn't get an invite, Charles' 2nd wife didn't get an invite. It seems Meghan step-grandmother wasn't invited. Apparently Fergie wasn't invited to the evening party. If James and Pippa divorced, do I believe that the Cambridges would maintain a regular relationship with him outside of events concerning baby-to-be Matthews? Nope. Same for Harry and Meghan.

Obviously there are some exceptions. Like I mentioned in the other post, in some cases one is closer to the in-law than to their own relative. But that's not applicable here.

Osipi 07-15-2018 08:53 PM

Naming someone as a godparent is, in this day and age, more of a honor rather than being an actual role.

Christening pictures reflect the day it all happens and the people who all came together to celebrate the occasion. Whatever happens in the future, happens and no photo of an event in the present should be constructed to reflect possible things that may or may not happen in the future somewhere down the line.

It was just announced today in the General News for Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh thread that Philip has become the godfather of the Earl Mountbatten's great grandson at 97 years old. I would imagine that having the Duke of Edinburgh in the family portrait with his godson would be something to treasure in the years to come as it would be logical to assume that Philip isn't always going to be around to fulfill his godfatherly role.

Everything was exactly as it should have been and nothing more read into it besides what is in front of our faces that we can see. :biggrin:

Archduchess Zelia 07-15-2018 08:55 PM

Those christening photos are lovely! Easily my favourite Cambridge christening photos thus far. I love the one of all five of them together.

Ish 07-15-2018 08:58 PM

Let’s move on from arguing about where to place in-laws in pictures in case they one day get divorced.

Abbigail 07-15-2018 10:30 PM

I am not a fan of the filtering and photoshopping on these pics and the overall quality is definitely not the best. That said, I do really like the pic with George beaming and Charlotte holding her little brother's hand. That one is the best of the bunch for me.

duchessrachel 07-15-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2133704)
Charlotte holding Louisís hand is too cute!

I was just about to post the same thing. I imagine she is quite the little mother. :biggrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro (Post 2133743)
I like the pictures. My least favorite is the one of the 5 Cambridges with the grey background. I think I would have liked it better if William and Kate had been sitting and George and Charlotte standing. As it is, the height difference between the parents and the two kids makes it awkward. I wish there had been a picture of Prince Charles with his grandchildren. I don't recall ever seeing one but I think it would be nice.

I was hoping for one of the 5 Cambridges with just the Middleton family too. I would imagine, though, they probably have all those pictures, but are just not releasing them.

Osipi 07-15-2018 10:46 PM

The same thing goes probably with the group portrait with the godparents. Some were deemed suitable to release for public consumption whereas some were to be kept private.

I can easily picture Charlotte very much being the "little mother" to her new baby brother. Instead of baby dolls, Charlotte probably is more inclined to the new "real" thing in the household. Its just too cute to imagine. :biggrin:

CyrilVladisla 07-15-2018 10:47 PM

I like the photo of Mrs. Middleton standing directly behind her daughter Catherine and Prince Charles standing directly behind his son William.

miss whirley 07-15-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchessrachel (Post 2133767)
I was hoping for one of the 5 Cambridges with just the Middleton family too. I would imagine, though, they probably have all those pictures, but are just not releasing them.

Yeah, they're probably keeping the non-royal family side pics private. Back when we thought HM and Philip would attend, I was hoping for a pic of Philip-Charles-William-Louis, four male generations. Since the Queen had the four monarchs picture at George's Christening, it would have been a nice way to give Philip his own turn.

Lady Nimue 07-15-2018 11:29 PM

Am I seeing right? Does Harry have his hand on Kate's shoulder/neck? If so, it's the sweetest gesture I've ever seen from a brother-in-law. :flowers: You can see the photo in question blown up in the article.

Also, I have no problem with the 'painterly' quality of the pictures. More power to them. As official photographs one would expect 'perfection'. JMO. :flowers: Though I agree about the family shot, cannot imagine why they weren't all seated in the same location rather than put in front of a backdrop. Can't figure that one out.

Agree with someone who posted that Louis looks to be the 'prettiest' of Kate's babies. Kate is definitely besotted. She is radiant. That boy is going to be loved for sure.

Osipi 07-15-2018 11:39 PM

With looking at the photo and the position of Harry's hand, to me it looks more like he's holding onto the edge of the couch rather than than having his hand resting on Kate's shoulders.

Then again, my eyes ain't what they used to be. :biggrin:

jacqui24 07-15-2018 11:44 PM

Harry’s hand is on the frame of the sofa. Like Meghan’s is.

Abbigail 07-15-2018 11:45 PM

Yep, looks like he is resting his hand on the top of the couch.

royal rob 07-16-2018 02:12 AM

Beautiful family Kate is glowing and I think that Louis is one contented baby. Third babies often are my 3rd was loving the older siblings etc

moby 07-16-2018 06:00 AM

I quite like these official photos, the palette is muted but happy. When I first saw Duchess of Sussex's green dress, I suspected the room for the official photos would have tinges of green. I now wonder if during events like these where official photos are taken afterwards, if everyone who would be in the photos are given a palette or color mood board of sorts beforehand and from there they pick the color of their outfits. Perhaps even more explicit instructions for the men like -- guys we wear blue or teal ties and blue suit (fabric sample enclosed) lol.

Duke of Marmalade 07-16-2018 06:12 AM

Great pictures and even better that they released another one:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...1731958771.jpg

Kate is superconfident and happy these days!

moby 07-16-2018 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 2133849)

They both look beautiful. She seems very settled and content. That baby looks 100% Middleton.

crm2317 07-16-2018 06:31 AM

The newest picture of a beaming Prince Louis is just beautiful! I think both Cambridge boys favour the Middleton side while Charlotte favours the Windsors.

royal rob 07-16-2018 07:17 AM

Beautiful photos what a darling little boy and proud mother

evolvingdoors 07-16-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moby (Post 2133846)
I quite like these official photos, the palette is muted but happy. When I first saw Duchess of Sussex's green dress, I suspected the room for the official photos would have tinges of green. I now wonder if during events like these where official photos are taken afterwards, if everyone who would be in the photos are given a palette or color mood board of sorts beforehand and from there they pick the color of their outfits. Perhaps even more explicit instructions for the men like -- guys we wear blue or teal ties and blue suit (fabric sample enclosed) lol.

Besides the plant I don’t see any tinges of green. And seeing as all the women are in blue or cream it will be odd for them to as her to wear green of any shade..
In fact I thought the other way regarding her green dress, that the color will make her stand out and clash with the rest of the family who were all wearing the same color scheme. I was right.
Not sure who choose the dress, if it was an assistant or Meghan herself. Either way a very poor color choice.
I saw pics of DoC and Meghan at Wimbledon; This would have been the perfect event to use those white pants she wore, or even that white dress I saw she wore to ascot.
In fact she should have switched them, wear the green dress to ascot and the ascot dress to the christening.

Everybody else look lovely and very much in-synched not only color palate wise, but synergy wise.
Loved the paintings of the queen and the DoE in the back.

Absolutely loving the single shot of the duchess and baby Louis.

ACO 07-16-2018 07:37 AM

Aww very cute shot of a smiling Louis though why two photographers? Interesting.

moby 07-16-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolvingdoors (Post 2133867)
Besides the plant I donít see any tinges of green. And seeing as all the women are in blue or cream it will be odd for them to as her to wear green of any shade..
In fact I thought the other way regarding her green dress, that the color will make her stand out and clash with the rest of the family who were all wearing the same color scheme. I was right.
Not sure who choose the dress, if it was an assistant or Meghan herself. Either way a very poor color choice.
I saw pics of DoC and Meghan at Wimbledon; This would have been the perfect event to use those white pants she wore, or even that white dress I saw she wore to ascot.
In fact she should have switched them, wear the green dress to ascot and the ascot dress to the christening.

Everybody else look lovely and very much in-synched not only color palate wise, but synergy wise.
Loved the paintings of the queen and the DoE in the back.

Absolutely loving the single shot of the duchess and baby Louis.

To me, the final photos make sense, IMO. She fits right in, especially with the overall tone of the photos in post-processing. The idea is for the entire group to look tied together, more harmonization of colors rather than to have a uniform and to look completely "matchy matchy," as that's just too much. (The Swedes like to do overdo the color matching in their family photos and much as I love them, I think it's too much) Plus had she worn white, it would have been too much with the two DoCs already wearing that color.

Apologies to the mods, if I got out of topic. I moonlight as an interior designer and do get obsessed with colors, lol. :biggrin:

royal rob 07-16-2018 08:12 AM

Christening of Prince Louis of Cambridge: July 9, 2018

Anytime we have family photos the photographer has asked us all to wear mainly pale blue My friends familyís have been the same. I wouldnít have any idea why but it must be for some good reason

An Ard Ri 07-16-2018 08:18 AM

Wonderful photos the Duchess is beaming ,what a lovely family.

Dman 07-16-2018 08:45 AM

William and Catherine produced some beautiful kids! What’s even more important is that they got what wanted, a happy marriage and happy family.

loonytick 07-16-2018 08:58 AM

The shot of just the Cambridge 5 in front of the backdrop reminds me of the family photo they used last year for their Christmas card, which was obviously taken at Georgeís birthday.

The similarity makes me think that one will be used later for some purpose other than marking the christening.

Part of me also hopes this means that, over the years, weíll periodically get a photo of everyone standing before a blank backdrop. Taken all together those eventually could be a fun way to gauge the kidsí growth since everything else would be fairly consistent from photo to photo.

Mirabel 07-16-2018 09:42 AM

I've never seen Kate look so happy- and so adoring!
Let's hope she doesn't play favorites. :lol:

sophie25 07-16-2018 10:42 AM

I hope Louis isn't their last, Kate still has time on her side for one more ;)

Osipi 07-16-2018 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 2133897)
I've never seen Kate look so happy- and so adoring!
Let's hope she doesn't play favorites. :lol:

Of course she is going to play favorites. Each child will be her favorite child for different reasons. :biggrin:

Frelinghighness 07-16-2018 10:49 AM

Charles seems to have an odd smile but looking at him in the picture when he is next to harry, they look so alike. Meganís dress looks brown in the photos, I guess they used some sort of filter. The baby is just wonderful and delightful,as are the other children

duchessrachel 07-16-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 2133849)

Oh my goodness!!! That is precious. Louis is such pretty baby. I just can't get enough of looking at that picture.

_Heather_ 07-16-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro (Post 2133743)
I wish there had been a picture of Prince Charles with his grandchildren. I don't recall ever seeing one but I think it would be nice.

Agreed. I do think that would have been lovely. However, I absolutely love the picture of the Cambridges, the Sussexes, and the POW and DoC. I have a feeling that one might end up nicely displayed on Charles' desk or in the reception rooms of Clarence House. It definitely struck me as one of those pictures that Charles will have on show for a long time to come and rightly so as it's a beautiful photo of all of his nearest and dearest.

ACO 07-16-2018 11:30 AM

I suspect that we will probably be getting a Charles and his grandchildren picture come 2019 when there likely is a new addition to it. I actually hope we get an updated one with The Queen and the youngest members of the BRF as well.

_Heather_ 07-16-2018 11:35 AM

Overall these photos were beautiful and then newest one of the Duchess with a laughing Louis....oh my! What a beautifully happy baby and a glowing and besotted mother. I'm not in love with the photo of the five of them in front of the gray backdrop but it's not awful, either. The children are adorable. I think I just might have preferred a photo the five of them in the gardens or somewhere a little less...blah. Definitely my favorite christening photos so far from the Cambridges, though, with the exception of the "four monarchs" picture from George's christening. I have to say, George's grin and Charlotte's "little mother" touch absolutely made these for me. This is definitely a family that is truly happy and not just putting on a good show for the cameras.

zarat 07-16-2018 12:31 PM

IMO prince William looks a bit like his cousin lord Frederick WIndsor, the son of Princess and Prince of Kent.

Lady Nimue 07-16-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophie25 (Post 2133901)
I hope Louis isn't their last, Kate still has time on her side for one more ;)

If there is an intention to have four, methinks Kate will try sooner rather than later for the spacing. ;) Given George and Charlotte are tightly spaced, Louis could use a close sibling, too. Though Louis' cousin (Pippa's child) would serve, too.

Rudolph 07-16-2018 01:50 PM

I find Prince George to be all Middleton. Princess Charlotte is pretty much Windsor to me but Prince Louis looks about down the middle.

It’s nice to know the family keeps a private album of pics we never see unless they get leaked.

dbarn67 07-16-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2133948)
I find Prince George to be all Middleton. Princess Charlotte is pretty much Windsor to me but Prince Louis looks about down the middle.

Itís nice to know the family keeps a private album of pics we never see unless they get leaked.

I agree 100%.

MaiaMia_53 07-16-2018 03:55 PM

Wow, such gorgeous family photos. I love the way the Duchess of Cambridge is gazing down at Prince Louis in the photo where she's standing with the Duke of Cambridge, Prince George and Princess Charlotte while holding Prince Louis in her arms.

What a beautiful family. Diana PofW must be showering them with love and blessings in another realm. They are such a charming couple, and they have the sweetest young children ever. So very lovely. May God continue to bless this happy family.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...appy-family-2/

All of the photos are wonderful. Everyone seems to be in such happy spirits.

I think Prince George takes after his Grandpa Middleton, but he has the blond hair that comes from William's side of the family. Also, his legs appear to be slightly knock-kneed like the Windsors. Otherwise, dark brown eyes and facial features are from the Middleton side. Prince George's charm is a mixture of Windsor, Spencer, and Middleton obviously. At the royal wedding, Prince George wore long pants for the first time, but he seemed rather shy walking down the aisle with his eyes downcast, holding Jasper Dyer's hand. George's interaction with his cousin Savannah at TTC was the cutest. They clearly share a fun relationship. At other times in public, George seems as if he could do without all the attention. Princess Charlotte OTOH reminds me somewhat of a feisty Princess Anne, mixed with a strong-minded Princess Elizabeth, and a charming Princess Diana. Charlotte is going to have the press and public eating out of her hands, and then some!

It's rather too early to tell about Prince Louis. He does look as if he's going to have dark hair. It will be cool if he has dark hair and blue eyes. I'm glad to finally see pictures where he's fully awake and smiling.

miss whirley 07-16-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACO (Post 2133919)
I suspect that we will probably be getting a Charles and his grandchildren picture come 2019 when there likely is a new addition to it. I actually hope we get an updated one with The Queen and the youngest members of the BRF as well.

I would think there's a better chance of it being later this year, in celebration of Charles' 70th birthday. Just like the Queen picture you referenced came out for her 90th birthday. So this November, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a picture of Charles and his 3 grandchildren.

HereditaryPrincess 07-16-2018 05:54 PM

I reckon Charlotte will be stealing the show whenever the Cambridges have family outings or events - she's such a sweet and lively little character. I'll bet it's great fun but hard work to spend the day with her, haha. She seems to be a very attentive and caring big sister too, I love the way she's leaning into baby Louis in the group photo. George has such a cute little impish grin on his face in the photo too; I really like the relaxed atmosphere.
Louis is a beautiful baby; he does remind me a lot of Charlotte at that age because Charlotte had the same complexion as Louis and similar eyes as a young baby, IMO. I think the extra photo that was released is actually my favourite, I can see why they wanted to release it because it's super sweet! Louis's happy little face is too adorable and I love how he's holding onto Catherine.
I do agree that it did seem like something was missing with HM and Philip not being there, but HM was there in her own way on the walls as Ellie Cat pointed out! :smile:

Empress Merel 07-16-2018 07:10 PM

Gorgeous pictures. The last one released really is a stunning portrait of a doting mother and a happy baby.

acdc1 07-16-2018 07:29 PM

I love all of the photos! I love the "extra" one they released of Kate and Louis. He seems like a very happy and loved baby! I think both of the boys favor the Middleton side of the family, while Charlotte seems to favor the Windsor and Spencer sides more.

Zaira 07-16-2018 07:40 PM

Louis looks just like baby Kate. There is a photo of Carole holding Kate as a baby and it could be Louis!

William kind of doesn't register much in these pics, does he lol? My eye is first drawn to Kate, then to Harry who is centered behind Kate (and looks very handsome) and then the kids. I noticed William last.

I think this is very much Kate's boy. George and Charlotte were for the crown, but Louis is their love baby, as my mom says. Similar to the Queen with Andrew and Edward. Kate is just radiant.

The Queen and Charles have to be so pleased! This is the future of the family with the Cambridges and the Sussexes. Very beautiful family indeed!

ACO 07-16-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss whirley (Post 2133994)
I would think there's a better chance of it being later this year, in celebration of Charles' 70th birthday. Just like the Queen picture you referenced came out for her 90th birthday. So this November, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a picture of Charles and his 3 grandchildren.

That would be very lovely.

King of the Jungle 07-16-2018 08:30 PM

Louis looks super happy. He's going to inject a bubble of joy into the family.
The other children seem relaxed and adoring of him.

All photos released are lovely.

M. Payton 07-16-2018 08:35 PM

What a gorgeous baby he is, he is so beyond happy it spills out all over the place........I have never seen a happy baby like this before......what a wonderful picture that is, so priceless. So much love in that family, just full to the brim with love over flowing it seems......Catherine is in her own heaven being a fabulous mother and wife right now........William and Catherine together are really doing all the right things with their children for the future.....you can not ask for more then that.

XeniaCasaraghi 07-16-2018 09:10 PM

Cute baby but I do hope this is the last.

Pranter 07-16-2018 11:11 PM

Why even say something like that? It's no ones business as to their family decisions.

LaRae

Countessmeout 07-16-2018 11:37 PM

I honestly don't see it as any different then people hoping a couple will have more children. Or a child soon. Or so on. All up to the couple and them alone, doesn't stop anyone from voicing their opinions.

The new photo of Kate and Louis is beautiful. I honestly think it is the best photo ever taken of Kate. Both her and Louis radiating such joy. No photo in all the years of Kate has she radiated like this.

Dman 07-17-2018 10:22 AM

Looking at the pictures. George’s personality kinda reminds me of William when he was a young kid. Although it could be a little of Catherine’s personality too. I just see William’s shy, naughty and funny behavior.

Charlotte is a little sophisticated young lady that’s not afraid to let her hair down.

cdm 07-17-2018 01:31 PM

In Louis first picture I thought he looked like his sister in her first picture.
But now in this delightful picture with his mum, I think he looks like baby Kate.

camelot23ca 07-17-2018 08:36 PM

Louis really is a doll! To me he looks exactly like Kate. Charlotte resembles Kateís mother and the Queen. And George favours Kateís father but with Williamís colouring. All three are very cute children.

HereditaryPrincess 07-18-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2134083)
Why even say something like that? It's no ones business as to their family decisions.

LaRae

I agree, I've always found it strange how some comment on the amount of children in the Cambridge family. It's William and Catherine's own decision and the public should respect regardless of their views on family sizes. Many regular families have more children than William and Catherine do so I don't know why them having three is so much of an issue.
Having said that I can imagine them having another child after Louis like HM and Philip did after Andrew was born, as I agree with Zaira's observation that Louis is more the "love baby" whereas George and Charlotte were more for regnal purposes (and, of course, out of love too, but I can imagine the throne was taken more into consideration).

_Heather_ 07-18-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 2134793)
Having said that I can imagine them having another child after Louis like HM and Philip did after Andrew was born, as I agree with Zaira's observation that Louis is more the "love baby" whereas George and Charlotte were more for regnal purposes (and, of course, out of love too, but I can imagine the throne was taken more into consideration).

Iíd absolutely agree with this. While itís completely clear that the Cambridges adore all three of their children, it doesnít take a genius to see that securing the future of the monarchy certainly played a role in the decisions to have both George and Charlotte. Louis is their first child born completely and totally out of a desire to enlarge their family and free of the whole ďheir and spareĒ necessity. Not that it makes Louis more loved but that each child is special in their own right and this is what belongs to Louis with George as the eldest child, Charlotte their only daughter, and Louis as the baby of the family.

Susan D 07-19-2018 08:18 PM

I am not British and if Duchess Catherine took off several years during which to bring up her children, it would be all right with me. But, that will not happen because she's expected to do duties while her children are growing up. She HAS to have nannies for them.

Dman 07-19-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan D (Post 2135124)
I am not British and if Duchess Catherine took off several years during which to bring up her children, it would be all right with me. But, that will not happen because she's expected to do duties while her children are growing up. She HAS to have nannies for them.

The three Cambridge children have a nanny. Her name is Maria. You can read up about her here-
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...georges-nanny/