The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Official Visit to Dublin - July 10-11, 2018 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-official-visit-to-dublin-july-10-11-2018-a-45049.html)

soapstar 06-12-2018 07:57 PM

Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Official Visit to Dublin - July 10-11, 2018
 
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will visit Dublin, Ireland on July 10th & 11th.
The visit is at the request of Her Majesty’s Government.


ACO 06-17-2018 10:31 PM

This article talking about Charles and Camilla's recent trip to Ireland mentions Harry and Meghan's upcoming visit.

https://www.independent.ie/business/...-37018589.html

"Preparations for Prince Harry and Meghan's visit are at an advanced stage but are being treated highly confidentially by government officials and diplomats.

However, sources say the Taoiseach is expected to meet the couple at some stage during their short stay."

jacqui24 06-17-2018 11:32 PM

I'm still surprised by the Ireland visit, but what do I know.

Kataryn 06-18-2018 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2124100)
I'm still surprised by the Ireland visit, but what do I know.


They are very popular at the moment.

Zaira 06-18-2018 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2124100)
I'm still surprised by the Ireland visit, but what do I know.

IMO it doesn't make much sense to send Harry and Meghan somewhere Charles and Camilla have already been this year, to seemingly decent exposure. This seems oft repeated enough by a variety of sources that I lean toward it being more true than not, but unless its to open something in particular that is special or attend some big, one off event, I see little reason for two senior couples to go to the same country in the same 6 month span, especially a non-CR/CW nation.


That time would be better spent visiting parts of the UK that rarely get royal visits or doing a duchy visit to Sussex.

ACO 06-19-2018 05:27 AM

Well it’s official

Harry and Meghan in Dublin July 10 & 11

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...360755200?s=21

Curryong 06-19-2018 05:53 AM

This is very exciting. I bet they are looking forward to seeing Dublin. Can't wait!

Cocoasneeze 06-19-2018 06:13 AM

That's exciting!! I'm glad that they'll continue visits around the country.

An Ard Ri 06-19-2018 06:17 AM

There were quite a few rumours of an Irish visit and I'm so glad they were true and who knows I might head up to Dublin if I can get time off work!

Humbugged 06-19-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2124604)
This is very exciting. I bet they are looking forward to seeing Dublin. Can't wait!




She has visited Dublin before .The Phil at Trinity College awarded her the Bram Stoker Medal in 2013 and she did a Q & A there .


And there is this


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHtRHSFLl38

Curryong 06-19-2018 07:04 AM

Thanks for that! I'd forgotten about that little trip. And at the end she managed a nice head on the Guiness as well.

An Ard Ri 06-19-2018 08:26 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing the itinerary for the Visit to Dublin ,perhaps the Duke and Duchess will visit Trinity College or Christchurch Cathedral?

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...blin-1.3536037

AllGone 06-19-2018 04:10 PM

Megan and Harry are rock stars!

Terri Terri 06-19-2018 05:02 PM

Wow! More trips!!! Exciting times!

Osipi 06-19-2018 05:36 PM

I guess when Harry said he was going to introduce Meghan all around, he really, really meant it. This couple is hitting the ground running and probably enjoy every minute of it and come back asking for more. I love it!

TLLK 06-19-2018 08:05 PM

Great news that Ireland is confirmed. Hope that there will be more information released soon.

PetticoatLane 06-20-2018 02:28 AM

I would truly love to know the identity of the genius in KP who thought this was a good trip to accept in the first place, just a few weeks after Charles and Camilla had been here, and to have them in Ireland on the 11th of July! The tone deafness of this is truly astonishing.

As they are clearly unaware, this is peak marching season in Northern Ireland, with activities beginning on the 11th of July ahead of the 12th of July commemoration of the Battle of the Boyne when William of Orange defeated the armies of James II in what is now the Republic of Ireland. Tensions are extremely high during this period and have unfortunately often led to riots and clashes between police and protesters.

Who on earth thought this was a good time for Harry and Meghan to be in Dublin of all places? I hope there isn't but if there is rioting in NI while they're a couple of hours down the road will they be expected to make some sort of public statement? To acknowledge it in some way? I wouldn't trust Harry to do so given his previous utterances on controversial issues. No doubt they would just continue to try pulling a pint of Guinness (the most disgusting beverage known to man) and just pretend not to notice.

Yet another example of the complete lack of understanding of the issues on this island from the royals and KP in particular.

muriel 06-20-2018 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetticoatLane (Post 2125204)
I would truly love to know the identity of the genius in KP who thought this was a good trip to accept in the first place, just a few weeks after Charles and Camilla had been here, and to have them in Ireland on the 11th of July! The tone deafness of this is truly astonishing.

As they are clearly unaware, this is peak marching season in Northern Ireland, with activities beginning on the 11th of July ahead of the 12th of July commemoration of the Battle of the Boyne when William of Orange defeated the armies of James II in what is now the Republic of Ireland. Tensions are extremely high during this period and have unfortunately often led to riots and clashes between police and protesters.

Who on earth thought this was a good time for Harry and Meghan to be in Dublin of all places? I hope there isn't but if there is rioting in NI while they're a couple of hours down the road will they be expected to make some sort of public statement? To acknowledge it in some way? I wouldn't trust Harry to do so given his previous utterances on controversial issues. No doubt they would just continue to try pulling a pint of Guinness (the most disgusting beverage known to man) and just pretend not to notice.

Yet another example of the complete lack of understanding of the issues on this island from the royals and KP in particular.

The decision on the trip would not have been taken by KP, but by BP in consultation with the FCO. These are not jollies, but trips undertaken at the behest of HM's government.

Denville 06-20-2018 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllGone (Post 2125001)
Megan and Harry are rock stars!

No they're not

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetticoatLane (Post 2125204)
I would truly love to know the identity of the genius in KP who thought this was a good trip to accept in the first place, just a few weeks after Charles and Camilla had been here, and to have them in Ireland on the 11th of July! The tone deafness of this is truly astonishing.

A
Yet another example of the complete lack of understanding of the issues on this island from the royals and KP in particular.

I find it hard to believe that the PTB in Ken Palace and so on would not know all this.. that it is a sensitive time of the year in Ireland and IMO there's no real need for a royal visit right now. C and Camill have just been there and they have been on visits before and are clearly welcome and good at doing them. WHy send the inexperienced Hary and Meghan

Osipi 06-20-2018 12:13 PM

This trip is starting to sound like the mystery of the week with people wondering "whatever are they thinking??" :eek:

So many different "red flags" that have cropped up since this trip was announced. Perhaps right now, only HM, The Queen and her advisors from the government have a clue and we're being left in the dark.

This clearly isn't a decision made by H&M and KP but an "official" trip at the request of HM, The Queen and her government.

Stay tuned for more details as they become available is all we can do.

Ista 06-20-2018 12:20 PM

This trip and the timing just seem odd all around. Since it's being done at the request of the government, I'm sure there must be some reason it seemed like a good idea, but I'm struggling to figure out what it could be.

jacqui24 06-20-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetticoatLane (Post 2125204)
I would truly love to know the identity of the genius in KP who thought this was a good trip to accept in the first place, just a few weeks after Charles and Camilla had been here, and to have them in Ireland on the 11th of July! The tone deafness of this is truly astonishing.

As they are clearly unaware, this is peak marching season in Northern Ireland, with activities beginning on the 11th of July ahead of the 12th of July commemoration of the Battle of the Boyne when William of Orange defeated the armies of James II in what is now the Republic of Ireland. Tensions are extremely high during this period and have unfortunately often led to riots and clashes between police and protesters.

Who on earth thought this was a good time for Harry and Meghan to be in Dublin of all places? I hope there isn't but if there is rioting in NI while they're a couple of hours down the road will they be expected to make some sort of public statement? To acknowledge it in some way? I wouldn't trust Harry to do so given his previous utterances on controversial issues. No doubt they would just continue to try pulling a pint of Guinness (the most disgusting beverage known to man) and just pretend not to notice.

Yet another example of the complete lack of understanding of the issues on this island from the royals and KP in particular.

You are acting as if KP has the decision on this. Royals are asked to take foreign trips at the request of the government, but is it really a request and ask other than out of politeness? It's their duty to do what the government "requests" of them. Obviously, they can't physically force them to go, but you simply don't go there without being accused of being political and taking a position against the government. Do we really think HMQ is always happy to meet dictators and inviting them into her home?

An Ard Ri 06-20-2018 12:31 PM

I wonder will the duchess pour a pint of Guinness this time round for the Duke!

Rudolph 06-20-2018 01:01 PM

I thought about 11th July as well. It’s bonfire night in Ulster. Obviously the government wants them in the Republic but it’ll go over like a lead balloon with loyalists NI.

ladongas 06-20-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2125220)
No they're not

In the US, the term ‘rock star’ is sometimes applied to persons who create an excited reaction in others. I’ve seen it used to refer to physicists, scientists, professors and politicians, among others.

soapstar 06-20-2018 02:13 PM

Let's get back on topic.

muriel 06-20-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2125222)
I find it hard to believe that the PTB in Ken Palace and so on would not know all this.. that it is a sensitive time of the year in Ireland and IMO there's no real need for a royal visit right now. C and Camill have just been there and they have been on visits before and are clearly welcome and good at doing them. WHy send the inexperienced Hary and Meghan

Did C&C go to Dublin earlier this month? I thought it was County Kerry?

jacqui24 06-20-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 2125496)
Did C&C go to Dublin earlier this month? I thought it was County Kerry?

I think Denville meant Ireland as a whole. But no, they weren't in Dublin.

Terri Terri 06-21-2018 06:27 AM

Look! Some of us here are long time royal watchers! We know how these things work! The royals and the palace don't sit down and suddenly decide to go on these official trips! These trips are decided by the British government and the Foreign Office. These trips also take time to plan!
If anybody has a problem with the Sussex's trip to Ireland, write the government!!!!!!!!

PetticoatLane 06-21-2018 01:49 PM

Of course these trips are made when the government suggest them, I know that as a long time royal watcher myself, thanks very much! My issue is not with the visit itself. It is with its timing.

I'm going to guess that KP had at least a significant amount of say in when it happened. I doubt very much a letter is sent from the Foreign Office to Kensington Palace or Buckingham Palace saying that they request Harry and Meghan go to Ireland on the 10th and 11th of July. With the exception of the Autumn tour, Harry and Meghan have very little else in their official diaries.

My issue is with the true idiots who thought it a good idea for British royals to be anywhere near the island of Ireland, let alone the Republic, during peak marching/bonfire season. A true misstep which can only have been taken by people who have zero understanding of this bit of the world, part of which is actually in the UK!

All of this in addition to the fact that having spent around 6 hours max in NI (unannounced), they will now undertake a 2 day announced visit to the Republic, a bit of a slap in the face for those of us north of the border. I wonder if they'll bother driving the couple of hours up the road to Kilkeel where they're now Baron and Baroness? I somehow doubt it.

Ista 06-21-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetticoatLane (Post 2125743)
Of course these trips are made when the government suggest them, I know that as a long time royal watcher myself, thanks very much! My issue is not with the visit itself. It is with its timing.

I'm going to guess that KP had at least a significant amount of say in when it happened. I doubt very much a letter is sent from the Foreign Office to Kensington Palace or Buckingham Palace saying that they request Harry and Meghan go to Ireland on the 10th and 11th of July. With the exception of the Autumn tour, Harry and Meghan have very little else in their official diaries.

My issue is with the true idiots who thought it a good idea for British royals to be anywhere near the island of Ireland, let alone the Republic, during peak marching/bonfire season. A true misstep which can only have been taken by people who have zero understanding of this bit of the world, part of which is actually in the UK!

All of this in addition to the fact that having spent around 6 hours max in NI (unannounced), they will now undertake a 2 day announced visit to the Republic, a bit of a slap in the face for those of us north of the border. I wonder if they'll bother driving the couple of hours up the road to Kilkeel where they're now Baron and Baroness? I somehow doubt it.

As I said upthread, I'm really wondering what the reasoning is behind this, especially since the timing is during such politically and historically complicated dates. All you have to do is consult Professor Google to understand why this is an interesting set of dates to choose.

Add into that the point Petticoat Lane made about the limited time H&M spent in NI during the get-acquainted tour, and it's easy to see why this might not go over especially well in NI.

I'm assuming that the PTB think that they are going to get something positive out of this trip that would outweigh the downsides, I'm just wondering what it is.

An Ard Ri 06-21-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 2125496)
Did C&C go to Dublin earlier this month? I thought it was County Kerry?

The Prince and Duchess were warmly received in Cork and Kerry earlier this month.

Terri Terri 06-21-2018 03:57 PM

I am sure that the royals will not want to be placed in a political sensitive situation and the fact that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are being sent at that time suggests that the government really want them to go!

Rudolph 06-21-2018 04:18 PM

Unless you were alive during the Troubles and understand the history between Catholics and Protestants in Ulster, it’s difficult to understand just how volatile this time of year is.

Every day during the lead up to 12th July, ‘The Glorious Twelfth’, members of The Orange Order along with Protestant marching bands, are out in communities throughout NI.

This takes us to 11th July, ‘Eleventh Night’ or bonfire night, when gigantic bonfires are lit all across NI. Some are more than 30 feet high. Tensions by this time are running high

Then on the 12th there’s the culmination of marching season. Thousands turn out in Belfast and other places to commemorate the victory of the Battle of the Boyne. When Protestant William of Orange, defeated Catholic James II, ensuring the success of The Glorious Revolution.

It’s a very emotional time and things a lot of times end in violence.

So it is a very bizarre time to send British royals to the Republic, especially when it will be viewed through the eyes of many in NI as a slap in the face.

I’d be interested to know why these dates were picked.

Terri Terri 06-21-2018 04:36 PM

Thank you for explaining and the additional information. It will be interesting to see the itinerary.

Curryong 06-21-2018 06:14 PM

We don't know what's behind this trip yet. And I certainly doubt that Harry and Meghan sat down to plan this themselves and insisted to the FCO that it must be the 10th and 11th that they visit.

My guess is that the Sussexes will complete their last engagement in Ireland on the 11th in the afternoon, and be long gone by night time when the bonfires are lit over the border.

TLLK 06-21-2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2125801)
Unless you were alive during the Troubles and understand the history between Catholics and Protestants in Ulster, it’s difficult to understand just how volatile this time of year is.

Every day during the lead up to 12th July, ‘The Glorious Twelfth’, members of The Orange Order along with Protestant marching bands, are out in communities throughout NI.

This takes us to 11th July, ‘Eleventh Night’ or bonfire night, when gigantic bonfires are lit all across NI. Some are more than 30 feet high. Tensions by this time are running high

Then on the 12th there’s the culmination of marching season. Thousands turn out in Belfast and other places to commemorate the victory of the Battle of the Boyne. When Protestant William of Orange, defeated Catholic James II, ensuring the success of The Glorious Revolution.

It’s a very emotional time and things a lot of times end in violence.

So it is a very bizarre time to send British royals to the Republic, especially when it will be viewed through the eyes of many in NI as a slap in the face.

I’d be interested to know why these dates were picked.


While I am an American, I attended Catholic schools from elementary through high school taught by many Irish born religious (priests,nun, and brother). I also had classmates with ties to NI and the Republic who definitely had memories of the Troubles.



When visiting NI and the Republic last summer we were there during marching season. Have to say it was a surreal and for myself a bit uncomfortable moment to drive into a town with the orange banners depicting the Battle of Boyne.:ermm:


While I doubt that Sussexes insisted upon the dates, it is interesting that the FO and their Irish counterparts were open to the visit happening then.

Lumutqueen 06-25-2018 02:19 PM

https://twitter.com/CarolynDurand/st...06570989391873

Details in regards to the upcoming tour.

Fros 06-25-2018 04:59 PM

Looks like no Guinness for them.

PetticoatLane 06-25-2018 05:36 PM

No visit to Kilkeel then.

Curbside 06-25-2018 09:05 PM

Sounds like an interesting visit.

MARG 07-09-2018 06:51 AM

Interesting but VERY short and so close on the heels of Charles and Camilla and it is, like theirs, at the request of the FO.

An Ard Ri 07-09-2018 07:11 AM

Hard to believe the visit starts tomorrow at least the weather is forecast to remain dry and warm more or less the same as the UK for the royal visit.

Zaira 07-09-2018 07:46 AM

I actually forgot their visit starts tomorrow! Exciting week!

An Ard Ri 07-09-2018 05:34 PM

From the Media today on the Visit.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...isit-1.3558907

https://www.independent.ie/style/cel...-37095702.html

Terri Terri 07-09-2018 06:19 PM

More details of the itinerary.
https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/iris...harry-12882023

Fros 07-09-2018 10:50 PM

All the Brexit madness of the past day in the UK makes me very nervous about this tour now. A continued open border between Northern Ireland and Ireland is vital for UK. This tour just became a bit more complicated and significant, not the sort of easy first tour they were probably hoping for.

Curryong 07-10-2018 05:39 AM

An unprecedented number of journalists accredited for this mini-tour according to Rebecca English.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

An Ard Ri 07-10-2018 06:07 AM

The Duke and Duchess will attend a summer party at the British Ambassador's residence in Dublin later today which is nice and private.

https://goo.gl/images/kh2VC8

jacqui24 07-10-2018 11:13 AM

Alright folks, now that the excitement of the morning has past, it's time to get excited for the Ireland tour (is anyone else tired from all the events this week yet? :lol:). The British Embassy just tweeted that they are touching down soon.

British Embassy

Verified account

@BritEmbDublin
Follow Follow @BritEmbDublin
More
Not long now before Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrive in Dublin for some engagements this evening and a full itinerary tomorrow! Be sure to RT, Follow & Mention #RoyalVisitIreland @BritEmbDublin @KensingtonRoyal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2131204)
An unprecedented number of journalists accredited for this mini-tour according to Rebecca English.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I think a few decided to stay back after that due to the recently drama in government, which is understandable given the seriousness of Brexit. But it does showcase the importance of royals. Politicians can resign and come and go, but royals stay and events go as planned.

Although it seems all the primary royal correspondents from most organizations went this morning, leaving their web team to cover the RAF 100.

An Ard Ri 07-10-2018 11:19 AM

It will be a busy 48 hours for the Duke and Duchess.

jacqui24 07-10-2018 12:00 PM

A video to get all excited for the arrival. :lol:

Emily Nash

Verified account

@emynash
Follow Follow @emynash
More
#RoyalVisitIreland incoming!

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/1016710623923666944

Dman 07-10-2018 12:10 PM

They have landed!

An Ard Ri 07-10-2018 12:12 PM

Its 21C or 70F in Dublin a lot cooler than the past few days but dry and sunny for the visit.

Pranter 07-10-2018 12:12 PM

She's in green!!


LaRae

Dman 07-10-2018 12:13 PM

Video:
Disembarking the plane-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalRepo...16438386638850

polyesco 07-10-2018 12:51 PM

article of their arrival
Harry and Meghan land in Dublin as they embark on their first overseas tour as a married couple* | Daily Mail Online

Curryong 07-10-2018 01:01 PM

Excellent weather for the visit, thank goodness, not too hot or too cold, and some interesting places to go and see. Pity they couldnt detour to kiss the Blarney Stone though!

TLLK 07-10-2018 01:08 PM

:previous::lol: Imagine that video and photo op for the owners of Blarney Castle!


Nothing like the thrill of lying backwards several feet up over an open space! You have to trust the person guiding you.

jacqui24 07-10-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 2131459)
:previous::lol: Imagine that video and photo op for the owners of Blarney Castle!


Nothing like the thrill of lying backwards several feet up over an open space! You have to trust the person guiding you.

OMG, I just had a mental image. I would hope she'd take off her shoes if they had gone. :lol:

QUEENECE29 07-10-2018 01:23 PM

Duchess of Sussex's hair style and dress is beautiful

An Ard Ri 07-10-2018 01:27 PM

The Duke and Duchess are enroute to Government Buildings in Dublin to meet the Taoiseach Leo Varadkar (Irish Prime Minister).

polyesco 07-10-2018 01:29 PM

"the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Harry and Meagan, have arrived in Dublin for their first oversees visit as a married couple. Number one engagement, meeting Taoiseach"
https://twitter.com/DMcCaffreySKY/st...32145719574529
https://twitter.com/CamillaTominey/s...33802159321088

jacqui24 07-10-2018 01:33 PM

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
Follow Follow @KensingtonRoyal
More
A warm welcome from Taoiseach Leo Varadkar at the start of #RoyalVisitIreland ����

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...33000174882818

An Ard Ri 07-10-2018 01:36 PM

Outside Government Buildings in central Dublin.

Is that a green tie on the duke?

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...33000174882818

Government Buildings in central Dublin

https://goo.gl/images/Mi4SHR

iceflower 07-10-2018 01:39 PM

.

Here are two galleries:


** rex gallery **


** gettyimages/zimbio: The Duke And Duchess Of Sussex Visit Ireland **

jacqui24 07-10-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 2131488)
Outside Government Buildings in central Dublin.

Is that a green tie on the duke?

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...33000174882818

Yes. I noticed that earlier.

ashelen 07-10-2018 02:01 PM

wow......2 events in the same day? I like her look!

Pranter 07-10-2018 02:14 PM

One more event to go this evening...waiting for the next outfit!


LaRae

An Ard Ri 07-10-2018 02:22 PM

TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrive at Government Buildings in central Dublin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBpK7vwP__M

HereditaryPrincess 07-10-2018 02:25 PM

Wow, it's certainly going to be a busy couple of days for Harry and Meghan!
I wonder if Meghan will learn anything about her Irish ancestors whilst she's in Dublin (perhaps someone will do a family tree as they usually do with new members of the RF). Seems like the weather is more bearable heat in Ireland - perfect for the visit!

Royal Suitor 07-10-2018 02:32 PM

The team at EPIC has done Meghan's family tree and are supposed to present it to her tomorrow. Video of meeting with Taisoeach from local Ireland news in link.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1...463374853?s=21

HereditaryPrincess 07-10-2018 02:33 PM

:previous: Thank you for that, Royal Suitor. Should be a nice event for Meghan!

AlowVera 07-10-2018 02:44 PM

What a long day for Harry and Meghan!! She is really doing a great job, learning along the way and developing her own unique style.

An Ard Ri 07-10-2018 03:12 PM

Guests are awaiting the arrival of the Duke and Duchess at the residence of the British Ambassador in Dublin .

https://twitter.com/BritEmbDublin/st...34591011483648

polyesco 07-10-2018 03:15 PM

Harry and Meghan at the garden party
https://twitter.com/KirstyBlakeKnox/...62392754126848
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhxD4W5X4AAyk5K.jpg

Pranter 07-10-2018 03:46 PM

I see he is matching his tie to her dress again..like earlier!



LaRae

Lumutqueen 07-10-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2131544)
I see he is matching his tie to her dress again..like earlier!



LaRae

Which I personally think is a little odd because he's wearing a blue suit, and a black tie. I was always told never to mix those two colours.

jacqui24 07-10-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2131549)
Which I personally think is a little odd because he's wearing a blue suit, and a black tie. I was always told never to mix those two colours.

I've actually seen quite a few designers do that combo in the last couple of years (most recently a dress from Hugo Boss, and it looked good too). Although, I do wish he'd go with another color for suits.

Pranter 07-10-2018 03:54 PM

Evidently Harry doesn't care about fashion rules ...but the 15 blue suits proves that out already lol


LaRae

jacqui24 07-10-2018 04:07 PM

Meghan saw a young boy as they were walking to the stage, and she stopped to shake his hands. Harry followed suit.

https://twitter.com/Dyaneconnor/stat...62262462390273

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2131555)
Evidently Harry doesn't care about fashion rules ...but the 15 blue suits proves that out already lol


LaRae

I hope he's at least getting bulk pricing.

Pranter 07-10-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2131575)
I hope he's at least getting bulk pricing.


10 percent discount by the dozen?


LaRae

Sen Catherine Noone

Verified account

@senatornoone
50m50 minutes ago

A pleasure to meet Prince Harry & the Duchess of Sussex at the British Ambassador's Residence this evening.

The Duchess & I had a chat about the recent referendum result - she watched with interest & was pleased to see the result.


Interesting...perhaps she and Harry are going to be more public about their views in public settings than some of the other members of the BRF.


LaRae

jacqui24 07-10-2018 04:22 PM

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...78882844975105

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
Follow Follow @KensingtonRoyal
More
The Duke of Sussex meets @IrishRugby legend @BrianODriscoll at a @BritEmbDublin reception #RoyalVisitIreland ��



-------------------------

ELF was photobombing a little bit there. :lol:

Lumutqueen 07-10-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2131593)
Interesting...perhaps she and Harry are going to be more public about their views in public settings than some of the other members of the BRF.

I think considering her previous platforms towards womens rights, it makes sense to keep an eye on something like that. I do believe she's had a conversation with someone, who has brought up the topic and Meghan has been honest. It is a shame however that someone feels the need to instantly put that out there, whilst I and others may understand, considering their current location makes such an announcement stirring.

Pranter 07-10-2018 04:25 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhxTWCwW0AAJLEn.jpg

Very nice


LaRae

jacqui24 07-10-2018 04:25 PM

A lovely photo of Meghan meeting Sinead Burke

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...79936001069057

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
Follow Follow @KensingtonRoyal
More
The Duchess of Sussex meets Irish writer, academic and broadcaster Sinead Burke at a @BritEmbDublin reception #RoyalVisitIreland

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2131602)
I think considering her previous platforms towards womens rights, it makes sense to keep an eye on something like that. I do believe she's had a conversation with someone, who has brought up the topic and Meghan has been honest. It is a shame however that someone feels the need to instantly put that out there, whilst I and others may understand, considering their current location makes such an announcement stirring.

I agree with this.

Pranter 07-10-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2131602)
I think considering her previous platforms towards womens rights, it makes sense to keep an eye on something like that. I do believe she's had a conversation with someone, who has brought up the topic and Meghan has been honest. It is a shame however that someone feels the need to instantly put that out there, whilst I and others may understand, considering their current location makes such an announcement stirring.


I think perhaps she still has to figure out no matter how it seems at the time..nothing she says will be private outside their 'circle'.


LaRae

An Ard Ri 07-10-2018 04:31 PM

The Duke of Sussex speaking a bit of Irish at the Summer party at Glencairn House ,former Irish President Mary Robinson is also there.

Day one of the Royal couples 1st overseas Official visit has gone well .

The Duke and Duchess have now left for Farmleigh House for the night where Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh also stayed in 2011.

https://goo.gl/images/bEy4Bk

JuliannaVictoria 07-10-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2131605)

Off all of the photos that I've seen today from all of the events, this has to be my favourite.

Pranter 07-10-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria (Post 2131616)
Off all of the photos that I've seen today from all of the events, this has to be my favourite.


Having a friend who has Dwarfism, it is very thoughtful for Meghan (or anyone) to make it easier for them to communicate with one another.


LaRae

Osipi 07-10-2018 05:08 PM

One thing I've noticed is a trait that both Harry and Meghan share is that they're both quick to (for lack of a better term) get on an eye to eye level with the person that they're interacting with. Whether its a child, an older person in a wheelchair or for *any* reason, they assure that they meet people eye to eye.

This, to me, says a lot about this couple.

QueenPenny 07-10-2018 05:56 PM

To get on an eye level with the person you are communicating with is, to me, common courtesy, and I am saddened that this seems to be an anomaly. To me, it says more about those who don't practice this basic kindness than those who do. (except for those who may be physically unable to do so)

jacqui24 07-10-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2131585)
10 percent discount by the dozen?


LaRae

Sen Catherine Noone

Verified account

@senatornoone
50m50 minutes ago

A pleasure to meet Prince Harry & the Duchess of Sussex at the British Ambassador's Residence this evening.

The Duchess & I had a chat about the recent referendum result - she watched with interest & was pleased to see the result.


Interesting...perhaps she and Harry are going to be more public about their views in public settings than some of the other members of the BRF.


LaRae

She has since clarified that Meghan seems pleased, but didn't express any opinions.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/674765...on-referendum/

She subsequently deleted both tweets and just reposted the first part about a pleasure to meet the couple at the British Ambassador's residence. She did respond to some people who were up in arms about this that her original tweet was misleading.

PetticoatLane 07-10-2018 06:20 PM

If Meghan didn't make that comment, why tweet it in the first place? This is extremely dangerous territory for British royals and would be a huge error if true.

jacqui24 07-10-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetticoatLane (Post 2131661)
If Meghan didn't make that comment, why tweet it in the first place? This is extremely dangerous territory for British royals and would be a huge error if true.

She didn't tweet a direct quote. People often tweet what their impression as facts. If she had the comment, there is no reason to take it back.

Pranter 07-10-2018 06:27 PM

Unfortunately Meghan will have to learn to trust no one outside their inner group of friends/family. This above is why.

I was afraid it would blow up once it made the rounds.


LaRae

Osipi 07-10-2018 06:33 PM

Oh I definitely agree. I think that would be the hardest thing for me to learn. To watch each word I utter in public to assure that it can't be misconstrued as something else. I fully expect the tabloids though to run with this latest "blip" regardless if Meghan said it or not.

One of the big downsides to all the perks of living in the royal fishbowl. No thank you. Not for me. :whistling:

Zaira 07-10-2018 06:35 PM

I too am pleased with the Irish vote. Meghan may have simply said it was "interesting" and she followed it which are fine IMO.

But in any instance, the person corrected themselves so much ado about nothing.

The visit seems to be going well!

Dman 07-10-2018 06:41 PM

Another beautiful royal couple taking the world by storm on the royal stage!

Abbigail 07-10-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaira (Post 2131667)
I too am pleased with the Irish vote. Meghan may have simply said it was "interesting" and she followed it which are fine IMO.

But in any instance, the person corrected themselves so much ado about nothing.

The visit seems to be going well!

Exactly. :cool:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises