The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Wedding of Harry and Meghan: Official Wedding Portraits (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/wedding-of-harry-and-meghan-official-wedding-portraits-44749.html)

alvinking 05-21-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fem (Post 2113496)
I didn't even notice it during the ceremony, but the page boys' outfits should have at least some colour in them. They look like big black spots on pictures.

But the children look really, really happy and Charlotte steals the show for me on the second one.

The pageboy outfits are miniatures of Prince Harry and Prince William uniform

Emmily 05-21-2018 10:56 AM

These are beautiful!

Fem 05-21-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvinking (Post 2113506)
The pageboy outfits are miniatures of Prince Harry and Prince William uniform

They're still too black for me. Looks too sad.

W.Y.CII 05-21-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moby (Post 2113505)
The green balance also struck me when I saw the pics. I think Camila was probably told to wear a neutral shade/very light pastel, as was Catherine. The Queen and Doria balance out on the left and right, and the two other ladies Camilla and Catherine also balance out the lighter pastels. The ladies colors are then accented by the bouquets' colors of green (Queen and Doria) and white (light pastels of Camilla and Catherine).

Kate's light yellow outfit is harmonious with the green but Camilla's pink is too stand out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fem (Post 2113518)
They're still too black for me. Looks too sad.

I hope for some color too but I guess they can't modify too much as it is based on actual military uniform?

wyevale 05-21-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Camilla just missed it.
All shades of Green have a complimentary relationship with all shades of red [and Palest Pink is one of them]

Pranter 05-21-2018 11:16 AM

Not in this case...you have a green and gold room...and everyone in white/cream/pale green...then Camilla in pink. If it was a blush it would work. It's too pink and different from everyone else's.


LaRae

Osipi 05-21-2018 11:18 AM

Basically, to me, what mattered is that the two most important women at the wedding were color coordinated. Doria and The Queen (in lieu of Harry's mother being deceased). I noticed it right away at the ceremony. HM added a touch of regal purple flowers to her hat though.

I actually liked the page boys outfits. Now, George has a uniform to wear just like his Daddy's and I bet his mother didn't have to fuss overly much to get George dressed up in it. I hope Kate took a private picture of Daddy and son in uniforms standing side by side. That would be a keeper for sure. :biggrin:

moby 05-21-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.Y.CII (Post 2113524)
Kate's light yellow outfit is harmonious with the green but Camilla's pink is too stand out.

Maybe it was meant as an accent to the red bits in the room, the only other color present, aside from the blue, that stands alone. Perhaps lighter shade of the Queen's dark purple hat plumes would have tied her together with the rest.

Forgot to comment on the best part of the photo--they all seem so joyful.

alvinking 05-21-2018 11:22 AM

Oh it is also the first time we see George wearing a pants (trousers)

Nico 05-21-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2113529)
Not in this case...you have a green and gold room...and everyone in white/cream/pale green...then Camilla in pink. If it was a blush it would work. It's too pink and different from everyone else's.


LaRae

Nitpicking much ? I mean the carpet is red, the walls have an almost pinkish tone and Camilla 's pale pink outfit looks almost white.
All is well balanced, colourful and lively.

W.Y.CII 05-21-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moby (Post 2113532)
Maybe it was meant as an accent to the red bits in the room, the only other color present, aside from the blue, that stands alone. Perhaps lighter shade of the Queen's dark purple hat plumes would have tied her together with the rest.

Forgot to comment on the best part of the photo--they all seem so joyful.

I believe no one would disagree that:flowers:.

Ish 05-21-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fem (Post 2113518)
And? They're still too black for me. Looks too sad.


I believe it's pretty traditional for pageboys in the UK to be dressed in either military-eque outfits or old fashioned outfits. With the royal men who've married in uniform (Charles, Andrew, William, and now Harry) the pageboy outfit have all been clearly inspired by the uniform that they wore. With Harry's pageboys it's kind of hard to give them colour when his own uniform was lacking in colour.

Moonmaiden23 05-21-2018 11:39 AM

The Sussex official Wedding Photos are the most beautiful and romantic Royal wedding pictures I have ever seen. No exceptions.

The one of Harry and Meghan seated on the steps of Frogmore House is just everything.

Great work, Count Lubomirska!:smile:

Pranter 05-21-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 2113537)
Nitpicking much ? I mean the carpet is red, the walls have an almost pinkish tone and Camilla 's pale pink outfit looks almost white.
All is well balanced, colourful and lively.

Just pointing out that for me this throws the balance of the photo off. I already said this....and her outfit is pink...doesn't even look close to white.


LaRae

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 2113550)
The Sussex official Wedding Photos are the most beautiful and romantic Royal wedding pictures I have ever seen. No exceptions.

The one of Harry and Meghan seated on the steps of Frogmore House is just everything.

Great work, Count Lubomirska!:smile:


Yes echos of the engagement photo...love it.


LaRae

Ish 05-21-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2113551)
Just pointing out that for me this throws the balance of the photo off. I already said this.


LaRae


I'm kind of with you here. I liked Camilla's outfit in general, but it does stand out in a not great way in the family photo - had the dress been a bit paler it would have been better for this photo.

wyevale 05-21-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Count Lubomirska
Trifling thing, but he's a Prince, and the masculine version of his name is Lubomirski, [his Princess is/will be Lubomirska]

Fem 05-21-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 2113548)
I believe it's pretty traditional for pageboys in the UK to be dressed in either military-eque outfits or old fashioned outfits. With the royal men who've married in uniform (Charles, Andrew, William, and now Harry) the pageboy outfit have all been clearly inspired by the uniform that they wore. With Harry's pageboys it's kind of hard to give them colour when his own uniform was lacking in colour.

I know and that bothered me too ;)

Tsaritsa 05-21-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2113531)
Basically, to me, what mattered is that the two most important women at the wedding were color coordinated. Doria and The Queen (in lieu of Harry's mother being deceased). I noticed it right away at the ceremony. HM added a touch of regal purple flowers to her hat though.

I actually liked the page boys outfits. Now, George has a uniform to wear just like his Daddy's and I bet his mother didn't have to fuss overly much to get George dressed up in it. I hope Kate took a private picture of Daddy and son in uniforms standing side by side. That would be a keeper for sure. :biggrin:


Actually, my first thought, when I saw the colours of Her Majesty's outfit -and given that Meghan is an acknowledged feminist- was that it was a nod to the Suffragette movement.

Cocoasneeze 05-21-2018 12:00 PM

What gorgeous pictures. I love how close to Meghan both Harry and Doria are.

The children look so lovely and lively. It looks like they had fun.

The black and white one is really romantic, the setting.

Meghan and Harry both look extremely happy, beaming.

Empress Merel 05-21-2018 12:02 PM

Gorgeous picture and even the kids are photographed well.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises