The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 1: February-September 2003 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/earl-and-countess-of-wessex-current-events-1-february-september-2003-a-442.html)

Josefine 02-04-2003 05:01 AM

Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 1: February-September 2003

Josefine 03-04-2003 05:52 AM

from www.hellomagazine.com

3 MARCH 2003
More than one year after the Countess of Wessex suffered an ectopic pregnancy, British newspaper reports say the 38-year-old has turned to IVF treatment in the hope of beginning a family.

Sophie and her husband Prince Edward are understood to have been visiting a private London fertility clinic for the past six months. The Countess has apparently undergone two cycles of IVF treatment, which failed, and has now embarked on a third attempt.

Buckingham Palace has refused to comment on the issue, but one official acknowledged he was aware of the reports.

The Countess has been forthcoming over her desire to have a baby and the possibility of using medical assistance to reach her maternal goals.

"It's astonishing how many friends of mine have had problems either conceiving or losing children," she said in a 2001 interview. "I would explore all avenues and I certainly wouldn't rule out IVF. It's quite important to me to have children."

Josefine 03-05-2003 12:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
picture from www.ibl.se

picture from www.ibl.se

picture from www.ibl.se

picture from www.ibl.se

picture from www.ibl.se

Mandy 04-02-2003 03:27 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Edward & Sophie visited two schools and a centre yesterday.

RexFeatures Picture.

RexFeatures Picture

RexFeatures Picture

RexFeatures Picture

RexFeatures Picture

RexFeatures Picture

sara1981 04-19-2003 03:21 AM

yep.

She wants to have baby herself when she going to clinic for IFV trying to have children.

She and Prince Edward been married for 4 years then sophie got collasped with the Eptopic pregnancy because she lost baby 15 month ago she very depressed for it.

The clinic told Sophie she become pregnant right now but not said due born ? i think maybe will born in October or November i think so wait and see it.

Sara Boyce

Kitty 04-19-2003 11:39 AM

Man, Sarah, you get around! LOL

mybags 04-19-2003 07:42 PM

Does anybody have any recent pictures of the Earl and Countess of St. Andrews? I haven't found any. Thanks.

samitude 04-20-2003 12:03 AM

Here's a photo of them from last year.

Link:Photo

mybags 04-20-2003 02:09 AM

Thank you. That was a nice picture.

lynn 04-20-2003 11:09 AM

When was it taken? I mean, what occasion? It's very rare to find a picture of them. Thanks!

Teresa 04-20-2003 12:02 PM

It's nice to see them making a lot more public appearances in recent times :)

audrey2731 04-21-2003 04:20 AM

what's their link with william? or prince charles? i mean how are they related to the royal family?

samitude 04-21-2003 11:07 AM

The picture was taken last year at the Trouping of the Colour.

The Earl of St. Andrews is the son of The Duke of Kent. The Duke of Kent is a first cousin to Queen Elizabeth II. That makes the Earl of St. Andrews a second cousin to Prince Charles and their children are third cousins.

audrey2731 04-22-2003 01:56 AM

thanx alot for the answer! i'm smarter now!

samitude 04-22-2003 12:58 PM

You're welcome!

Fireweaver 04-29-2003 06:49 PM

Hey all, I read in the Telegraph (old article) that Prince Edward of Great Britain and Princess Martha Louise of Norway dated for 10 months in 1990. Does anyone have any info, pics, or articles about them being together?

sara1981 05-03-2003 01:40 AM

i knew it, Kitty !

I read article about Sophie's news when she got collasped with eptopic pregnancy in December 2001 before christmas the Countess of Wessex very disappointment about lost baby then later after lost baby i found out she become pregnant when she been at clinic the clinic told Sophie she finally got baby !

i will send you her websites of news

Sara Boyce

sara1981 05-03-2003 02:17 AM

I have lots news over Sophie,Countess of Wessex you should read it them !

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page....%20fall%20scare

https://www,mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page....ll&siteid=50143

https://www.femail.co.uk/pages/standard/art...99&in_page_id=2

https://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/03/03/sophiewessex/

you will read about her what happened from previous eptopic pregnancy i havent find pictures when she released from hospital on December 2001 before Christmas she with Prince Edward.

Sara Boyce

Josefine 05-06-2003 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
article from https://news.bbc.co.uk

Baby joy for Sophie and Edward

The Countess of Wessex is pregnant, Buckingham Palace has announced.

A statement from the palace said: "Their Royal Highnesses the Earl and Countess of Wessex are very pleased to announce that the Countess of Wessex is expecting a baby in December.

"The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh and members of both families are delighted with the news."

A spokeswoman for the countess said Sophie, 38, was feeling a "little tired" but was "absolutely fine".

She added: "Sophie and Edward are absolutely thrilled and excited with the news".

The countess will not be undertaking official engagements for the time being on doctors' advice.

The announcement follows the trauma of a failed pregnancy in December 2001 when the countess was airlifted to hospital after suffering an ectopic pregnancy.

Surgeons operated to remove the foetus from her fallopian tube after she was rushed to King Edward VII Hospital by air ambulance.

Royal duties

Sophie was 36 at the time and doctors said that if the condition had continued undiagnosed, it could have been life-threatening.

She later spoke of her sadness at losing their first baby but said she was optimistic the couple could still start a family.

"I'm obviously very sad, but it was just not meant to be," she said.

"But there will be other chances."

The good news also follows the couple's struggle to combine high profile jobs in television and public relations with royal duties since they married in 1999.

In 2001 the countess was recorded making indiscreet remarks about several public figures by an undercover tabloid reporter.

She then gave a newspaper interview in which she spoke about her husband's sexuality, stating "my Edward's not gay".

IVF rumours

Later the same year the Earl of Wessex had to apologise after a row about filming at Prince William's university when other media organisations agreed not to film the student prince.

In March last year the couple announced they would fulfil current obligations with their separate companies before leaving.

The reason for their decision was to support the Queen during her Golden Jubilee, but the move was considered to be permanent.

BBC correspondent Peter Hunt said that as doctors consider Sophie to be an "older mum" she is expected to rest at home until the birth.

She had been due to make an official visit to Devon on Tuesday with Edward.

A spokeswoman for Sophie said Edward would be carrying out the engagements on his own.

Recent media reports have suggested that Sophie had undergone IVF treatment to get pregnant.

Buckingham Palace would not comment on the reports.

Sophie said before her first pregnancy that she hoped to have a boy and a girl, and that she would consider undergoing IVF treatment to conceive.

'Not too late'

She said she did not believe she had left it too late to have children.

"I think if I was going to have five or 10 I should have started an awful long time ago," she told the News of the World.

"But if I'm lucky enough to have any, one of each would be nice.

"I certainly don't think I have left it too late.

"I would explore all avenues and I certainly wouldn't rule out IVF."

Josefine 05-06-2003 08:20 AM

text from www.royal.gov.uk

May 2003

ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PREGNANCY OF THE COUNTESS OF WESSEX

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN

Their Royal Highnesses The Earl and Countess of Wessex are very pleased to announce that The Countess of Wessex is expecting a baby in December.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh and members of both families are delighted with the news.

To be released at 1000 hours BST, Tuesday 6th May, 2003

Josefine 05-06-2003 08:21 AM

And the babies just keep comming...

Josefine 05-06-2003 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)

6 MAY 2003
Edward and Sophie Wessex have announced that they are expecting their first child in December. The couple, who suffered the trauma of an ectopic pregnancy in 2001, are said to be "thrilled" at the news.

"Their Royal Highnesses the Earl and Countess of Wessex are very pleased to announce that the Countess is expecting a baby," said a statement from Buckingham Palace. "The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh and members of both families are delighted."

Sophie's spokesperson has also revealed that she a little tired but is "absolutely fine". The announcement comes 18 months after she was rushed to hospital with an ectopic pregnancy. The then 36-year-old had to be airlifted to hospital where she underwent a two-and-a-half hour operation to treat the potentially life-threatening condition, in which the foetus grows outside the womb.

Sophie has been advised by doctors to rest and she will not be undertaking any official engagements for the time being.

fred 05-06-2003 08:38 AM

How nice. After all that happened I'm really glad for them and I hope everything will be fine this time. They deserve it. It's a real joy to have a child.

Teresa 05-06-2003 10:25 AM

This is great news, after what happened before, I hope everything goes well, and that they have an healthy baby :)

sara1981 05-06-2003 08:35 PM

i read news this morning its wow news for Couple Countess and Earl of Wessex have first child the Countess who lost of baby last December 2001 they she takes test at Clinic they Clinic told her she already pregnant now !

i found news in Hello magazine is

https://www.hello-magazine.com/2003/05/06/wessex/

and i found more lots news over i will send you soon! i promise okay !

Sara Boyce

sara1981 05-06-2003 09:08 PM

I have add news of Countess of Wessex Sophie's joy baby

https://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3010...2308479,00.html

https://www.itv.com/news/671565.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page....%20Royal%20Baby

https://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/...ieTue10?source=

https://www.femail.co.uk/pages/standard/art...46&in_page_id=2

that it !

Sara Boyce

Julia 05-06-2003 11:59 PM

Great news!! Congrats to the parents-to-be!

Josefine 05-07-2003 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)

7 MAY 2003
The Countess of Wessex has been keeping a low profile since news of her pregnancy was announced, as she is under doctor's orders to "take it very easy". There has been no disguising her family's excitement, however, as they spoke to journalists about the happy news.

"We're very, very happy," said Sophie's father Christopher Rhys-Jones. "We couldn't be happier it's been a long time coming. All good things come to those who wait."

The Queen herself was said to have urged Sophie to cancel all her public engagements for the time being. The Countess has therefore scrapped a planned trip to the Cayman Islands with Edward, which was scheduled for this weekend.

During a visit to Devon on Tuesday, the Prince was sporting a broad smile. "I am just very sorry my wife can't actually be here," he said. "She has been told that she has got to take it very easy. Those are the doctor's orders and she is not going to disobey." Sophie, 38, suffered an ectopic pregnancy 18 months ago.

Meanwhile, the couple have decided that their new baby will not have a royal title, though he or she will be eighth in line to the throne. Edward and Sophie opted to break with tradition as they want their child to have as normal a life as possible. The baby will have a courtesy title, however. If it is a boy, he will be called Viscount, while a baby girl would be a Lady.

sara1981 05-07-2003 07:14 PM

from Mirror.co.uk

By Jane Kerr

Pregnant Sophie Calls off her visits

SOPHIE Wessex yesterday quit all officals engagements after annoucing that she is pregnant.

Prince Edward's 38-year-old wife has been told by her doctors to rest before the December birth.

Their advice follows her traumatic ectopic pregnancy that ended in heartbreak 18 month ago.

Edward and Sophie said they were "absol-utely thrilled" at their good news.

And a palace spokesman said: "The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh and members of both families are delighted."

The Mirror rev-ealed at the end of March that Sophie was pregnant.

She was so excited she told close friends but refused to make a formal annoucement in case anything went wrong.

Friends strongly denied that she had undergone IVF.

Edward told his Joy as he toured Devon yesterday.

He said Sophie had dropped out on Doctor's orders and that "she is not going to disobey."

Edward added: " I can't tell you much more about it. There's a first time for everything, i suppose.

" I am just very sorry that my wife can't actually be here."

Alexandria 05-08-2003 11:48 PM

www.telegraph.co.uk/news

A daughter for Sophie would save family name
By Caroline Davies
(Filed: 09/05/2003)

Prince Philip's deep-rooted desire for his descendants to bear his family name may at last be realised - with the birth of a daughter to the Earl and Countess of Wessex.

While the Earl's first-born son will have no surname because he will be titled Viscount Severn, a daughter will hold the title of Lady and the surname Mountbatten-Windsor.

The birth of a daughter to the Countess, who is expecting her first child in December, will present the first opportunity for a royal child to bear the surname since the Queen proclaimed, more than 40 years ago, her desire for her husband's name to be passed down.

The Mountbatten-Windsor name will be possible because of the Earl and Countess's declared intention that their children should not take the "HRH" style they are entitled to. This was announced at their wedding four years ago but, as yet, there has been no formal Royal Warrant stipulating that their children will forgo the royal style.

It is expected that the Queen will sign a Royal Warrant expressing her will around the time of the birth of the child, who will be eighth in line to the throne.

The Earl and Countess's decision is a tribute to the 82-year-old Prince, who is close to the couple. The Earl is expected to inherit the title Duke of Edinburgh, and has been continuing his father's work with the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.

The only other occasion on which the name Mountbatten-Windsor has been used in any official capacity was when Princess Anne married her first husband Capt Mark Phillips in 1973. She requested that the Queen allow her to put her name on the register as Mountbatten-Windsor. It was a gesture the Queen was delighted to approve.

It is a matter of great importance to Prince Philip that his name is passed on. He was born Prince Philip of Greece, but in a move designed by his ambitious uncle Lord Mountbatten to endear him to the British nation, the Prince adopted the appellation Mountbatten on his naturalisation shortly before his engagement to Princess Elizabeth. Mountbatten was, itself, an anglicised version of his mother's Battenberg family name.

But when his wife took the throne, the question of what the Royal Family and its descendants should be called taxed the finest brains in Britain.

The Queen was a Windsor, which itself was adopted by the British Royal Family by proclamation of King George V in 1917, replacing the German name House of Saxe-Coburg Gotha.

Prince Philip was prevented from passing on his name after Winston Churchill's cabinet put pressure on the Queen following speculation that their first-born, Prince Charles, would become the first King in the House of Mountbatten.

The Queen, who sympathised with her husband's desire to pass on the name of Mountbatten, found herself caught in the crossfire, and was eventually persuaded to give her formal approval to a proclamation in April 1952, that she and her descendants "should continue to bear the family name of Windsor".

Prince Philip, angered by the government's decision, complained to friends: "I am the only man in the country not allowed to give his name to his children".

In 1960, with the birth of her third child, Prince Andrew, imminent, the Queen told a meeting of the Privy Council that she had decided that her descendants, other than her children, those entitled to use the style of "Royal Highness" and the title of Prince and Princes and the descendants of females who marry, would bear the surname Mountbatten-Windsor.

Alexandria 05-11-2003 01:20 AM

5 Attachment(s)
In honour and celebration of the impending stork visit to the Earl and Countess of Wessex, I thought I would post some pictures of this lovely couple.

Sources: Rex Features

thissal 05-11-2003 01:25 AM

Nice pictures, thanks. I wonder what the estate looks like that the Queen gave them for a wedding gift? Is it big enough for a child? :rolleyes:

Alexandria 05-11-2003 01:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se - Putting on a brave face. Edward and Sophie leaving the hospital after Sophie's ectopic pregnancy. Glad that happier times are now on the horizon!

Alexandria 05-11-2003 01:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thissal,

To answer your question, I think the royal residence Bagshot Park the Queen gave the Earl and Countess of Wessex will be more ;) than enough for the couple and their new baby! Have a look!

www.bbc.co.uk - Bagshot Park, Surrey

Alexandria 05-11-2003 01:41 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Sources: Corbis, Rex Features, IBL

Alexandria 05-11-2003 02:06 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Sources: IBL, Corbis, Rex Features

Teresa 05-11-2003 03:34 PM

Lovely pictures Alexandria, some of them are new to me, thanks. :flower:

Yuna 05-12-2003 12:20 AM

She look like Diana lol

Alexandria 05-12-2003 10:35 AM

8 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se - Photo By TIM ROOKE/REX FEATURES PRINCE EDWARD AT BLOSSOM VILLAGE PRINCE EDWARD VISITING THE CAYMAN ISLANDS - MAY 2003 416787/ROO

Alexandria 05-12-2003 01:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se - Photo By TIM ROOKE/REX FEATURES PRINCE EDWARD AT BLOSSOM VILLAGE PRINCE EDWARD VISITING THE CAYMAN ISLANDS - MAY 2003 416787/RO

sara1981 05-12-2003 07:33 PM

Prince Edward gets trip because his wife the Sophie cant take trip because following her doctor's order so Prince Edward take trip without her after Sophie's baby born dues then she will go with him because Prince Edward and Sophie been married for 4 years.

Sara Boyce

Jenna1186 05-15-2003 01:58 AM

SOPHIE BABY IS DUE ON DEC 5TH May 14 2003

By Jane Kerr, Royal Reporter

PRINCE Edward and wife Sophie's baby is due on December 5 - almost two years to the day that they lost their first child.

Sophie, 38, was air-lifted to hospital on December 6, 2001, when doctors discovered she had a life-threatening ectopic pregnancy.

Friends of the Countess, whose pregnancy was announced by Buckingham Palace last week, also revealed yesterday that she has been suffering from severe morning sickness.

She has been feeling so low that doctors have advised her to miss Ascot in June, one of the top royal outings. Concern for Sophie, being kept under close observation by the Queen's gynaecologist, Marcus Setchell, has already forced her to cancel all official engagements until after the birth.

Prince Edward said last week: "She's been told to take it very easy. Those are doctor's orders and she isn't going to disobey."

The couple were said to be thrilled at news of the baby. The Queen's seventh grandchild will be eighth in line to the throne.

The date Sophie has been given for the birth reveals that she went ski-ing in the very early stages of her pregnancy, probably without suspecting she was to be a mum.

The Earl and Countess stayed in the French resort of Tignes in mid-March.

By the time Sophie's baby arrives, most members of the Royal Family will either be staying at Sandringham or preparing to leave for the Norfolk estate for Christmas.

The baby is a much-wanted child for the Countess, who had a two-and-a-half-hour op after losing her first baby at six weeks. Doctors had to remove a damaged fallopian tube.

From The Mirror.

Jenna1186 05-15-2003 02:01 AM

New Details Emerge About Sophie's Pregnancy.

14 MAY 2003
Prince Edward's wife Sophie Wessex, well into her third month as an expectant mum, has been advised to rest for the time being to avoid complications in her pregnancy. But now friends say the 38-year-old, who miscarried a baby in 2001, is suffering from severe morning sickness, and has been advised to skip high-profile Ascot festivities one of the year's most important royal events in June.

In another development, British newspaper The Sun reports that the Countess, who has also apparently cancelled all official engagements until after the birth of her first child, is due on December 5. Coincidentally, the date is nearly two years to the day that Sophie was rushed to hospital with an ectopic pregnancy on December 6, 2001.

The Prince, meanwhile, has been very supportive of his wife in these early stages, and both sides of the family are thrilled with the prospect of a new addition to the clan. "We're very, very happy," said Sophie's father Christopher Rhys-Jones. "We couldn't be happier it's been a long time coming. All good things come to those who wait."

From Hello.

Jenna1186 05-15-2003 02:17 AM

OUR KIDS WILL HAVE HRH TITLES April 6, 2003

SURPRISE, SURPRISE .. SOPHIE INSISTS ON HEIRS & GRACES

Exclusive by David Rowe

Edward and Sophie Wessex want their first-born child to be a fully-fledged royal.

Unlike his sister Princess Anne, who decided not to give her children royal titles, the Earl of Wessex and his wife plan that their first child should become a prince or princess. Sophie is reported to be around 12 weeks pregnant, though there has been no official confirmation.

Last night a friend of the couple said: "Edward is a great respecter of formalities and this will be in keeping with his way of thinking. Out of Charles, Andrew and Edward, Edward is the most royal and he adheres closely to protocol. This is not something he is about to pass up. Sophie is the same. They are both 'HRHs' and expect to be referred to as such. Expect the baby to take the title prince or princess."

The youngest of the Queen's four children was known as Prince Edward until his marriage nearly four years ago, when he became HRH The Earl of Wessex and Viscount Severn.

It was also announced that he would eventually inherit the title of Duke of Edinburgh.

There were no surprises when William and Harry, sons of Charles, the Prince of Wales, became princes. The Duke of York's daughters Beatrice and Eugenie followed suit by becoming princesses. Of the Queen's four children, only Princess Anne bucked the royal trend by refusing titles for her children Peter and Zara because she wanted them to have a "normal" life.

In fact, all the Queen's grandchildren are automatically entitled to be called HRH Prince or Princess. And Sophie and Edward's first son would also inherit the title Viscount Severn.

Sophie, criticised for abusing her title to benefit her business, was ridiculed last April when the Sunday Mirror revealed she had demanded that her HSBC cheques should have "HRH The Countess Of Wessex" printed on them. It also emerged that she signs only her first name - just like the Queen.

Sophie's reported pregnancy follows sessions of IVF treatment, although insiders say the child was conceived naturally. The Countess suffered a traumatic ectopic pregnancy 16 months ago.

SOPHIE stepped out on Friday wearing a brooch that used to belong to the Queen Mother.

She turned up at a charity function at Stansted Airport, Essex, sporting a huge sapphire and diamond creation given to the Queen Mum by her husband King George VI.

The Queen Mother had a huge amount of jewellery - and most of it will be given to Prince William's future bride. Palace sources say the brooch went to Sophie because the Queen wanted her to have something of sentimental value.

From The Sunday Mirror.

mybags 05-15-2003 11:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se-Mandatory Credit: Photo by Tim Rooke/Rex Features

Sophie watching training for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme

www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By TIM ROOKE/REX FEATURES SOPHIE, COUNTESS WESSEX SOPHIE COUNTESS WESSEX WATCHING TRAINING FOR THE DUKE OF EDINBURGH'S AWARD SCHEME, CELTIC MANOR RESORT GOLF CLUB, NEWPORT, WALES, BRITAIN - 24 APR 2003 --ROYALS VISIT GWENT-- E415637/ROO

www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By HUW EVANS/REX FEATURES Sophie, Countess Wessex and Prince Edward arriving at Rougemont private school PRINCE EDWARD AND SOPHIE, COUNTESS WESSEX VISITING ROUGEMONT PRIVATE SCHOOL, NEWPORT, WALES, BRITAIN - 23 APR 2003 415560/HEV

Alexandria 05-18-2003 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From the Sunday Mirror UK:

SOPH: IT'S A BOY!

May 18 2003
Exclusive by David Rowe

PRINCE Edward and his wife Sophie are convinced their first baby is going to be a boy.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex have told friends they think it's highly likely because both their families have so many male first-born children.

A friend of the couple said: "They don't know officially that it is going to be a boy but they believe it is more than likely. The Royal Family likes chaps and there are a lot of them."

Sophie's pregnancy was announced by Buckingham Palace earlier this month. The baby will be the Queen's seventh grandchild and eighth in line to the throne.

Edward, who was with Sophie at the Windsor Horse Trials yesterday, is the youngest of the Queen's three sons and the last of her children to become a parent.

Prince Charles fathered two sons, William and Harry, while Princess Anne gave birth to a son, Peter Phillips.

The friend said the baby was due on December 6 - two years after Sophie, 38, was rushed to hospital for an operation on a life-threatening ectopic pregnancy.

Meanwhile, Princess Diana's brother Earl Spencer will fly her most treasured possessions to the United States later this year in an effort to prevent her charitable memorial fund from collapsing into debt.

The Earl put Diana's mementoes on display in eight Japanese department stores last year, and he is keen to repeat the exercise in the US. The exhibition - including her wedding dress and childhood toys - was so popular in the Far East that the charity in charge of the keepsakes, The Princess of Wales Memorial Fund, went from a loss to a profit.

The Earl is not paid a salary for the exhibition work and donates all profits to the fund.

news@sundaymirror.co

Alexandria 05-18-2003 05:10 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Source: IBL

Alexandria 05-18-2003 05:19 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Sources: Rex Features, IBL

sara1981 05-21-2003 10:11 AM

SOPHIE WESSEX JOINS THE QUEEN AT CHELSEA FLOWER SHOW

MAY 20 2003

SOPHIE WESSEX UNDERTOOK HER FIRST OFFICIAL ENGAGEMENT SINCE ANNOUCEMENT HER PREGNANT, ATTENDING THE CHELSEA FLOWER SHOW ALONGSIDE HER MOTHER IN LAW, QUEEN ELIZABETH 2 ON MONDAY.

THE COUNTESS - WHO ACCORDING TO HUSBAND PRINCE EDWARD INTENDS TO "TAKE IT EASY" UNTIL THE BIRTH OF THEIR FIRST CHILD IN DECEMBER - WAS AMONG A LARGE GROUP OF ROYAL FAMILY MEMBERS WHO EXPLORED THE BLOOM DISPLAYS. ALSO ACCOMPANYING THE QUEEN WERE PRINCE PHILIP, DUKE OF YORK, PRINCESS ALEXANDER, LADY SARAH CHATTO AND PRINCESS MICHAEL OF KENT.

HER MAJESTY MADE POINT OF VISITING INSTALLATIONS SPONSORED BY CHARITIES, AND TOOK TIME TO CHAT WITH AN INMATE WHO HELPED BUILD A GARDEN CREATED BY LEYHILL OPEN PRISON.

MEANWHILE, FORMER BEATLE RINGO STARR AND HIS WIFE BARBARA BACH ADMIRED A DISPLAY INSPIRED BY THE FAB FOUR TRACK OCTOPUS GARDEN. IN THE IMAGINATIVE RECREATION OF A CORAL REEF, GLASS FISH FOUNDATION AND BRIGHTLY COLOURED FLOWERS ARE USED TO CREATED AN ABOVEGROUND SEASCAPE.

THE FREQUENT SHOWERS THAT FELL ON THE FLORAL EXTRAVAGANZA DIDN'T SEEM TO DAMPEN THE SPIRITS OF THE MANY CELEBRITIES WHO CAME TO CHECK OUT THE SHOW. AMONG THE PERSONALITIES SEEN TAKING COVER FROM THE RAIN WERE PRINCESS MICHAEL OF KENT, MODEL JERRY HALL, ENTERTAINER CILLA BLACK AND ACTOR ALAN RICKMAN AND RICHARD E. GRANT.

REPORT FROM HELLO MAGAZINE

HERE WEBSITES FOR INFORMATION IS

https://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/05/20/ch...lseaflowershow/

Sara Boyce

Alexandria 05-31-2003 01:51 PM

Pictures old and new of the Countess of Wessex, nee Sophie Rhys-Jones.

From Hello!:

The Earl and Countess of Wessex

In September 1993, Prince Edward, the youngest child of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, presided over a fundraiser at the Royal Berkshire Tennis Court in Holyport. A young public-relations executive working on the event approached the Prince, whom she had met previously at a Buckingham Palace business meeting, and said, "I'd love to have a hit."

A five-year courtship, complete with nights at the theatre and dinner at Windsor Castle, ensued. And on January 6, 1999, the Prince and Miss Sophie Rhys-Jones announced their engagement, marrying in St George's Chapel on June 19 that same year. Prince Edward became Earl of Wessex and Viscount Severn on his marriage; his bride, the Countess of Wessex. They choose to be known as Edward Wessex and Sophie Wessex in their respective businesses.

Born on March 10, 1964, Edward Antony Richard Louis graduated from Jesus College, Cambridge, with a Bachelor of Arts in 1986, and set out for a standard military tour of duty in the Royal Marines, putting his true passions, acting and the entertainment industry, temporarily on hold. But after three years, the Prince declared, "I'm not a Rambo," and set out on a year of soul-searching which culminated with a job with Lord Lloyd Webber's Really Useful Theatre Group.

He continues his work in the arts while keeping up with his royal duties, and in October 2000, was presented with the prestigious Bette Davis Special Achievement Awards at Boston University for his work in television production. Prince Edward's Ardent Productions, established in 1993, produced a number of documentaries, including one in-depth programme on the royal family which was screened on US television station E! in 2002. The same year, he announced he was stepping down as director of production and joint managing director of the company.

Prior to taking up royal duties full time his wife Sophie was also accomplished in her chosen career, running her own PR firm, R-JH Public Relations. In April 2001, however, the Countess was forced to stand down as chairman of the firm, after she was inadvertently caught out by a tabloid sting operation and taped making a series of indiscreet comments about royal and political figures. One year later, she announced she would resign from her career.

The only daughter of Christopher Rhys-Jones, a car parts salesman, and charity worker Mary O'Sullivan, Sophie was born in Oxford on January 20, 1965, and attended the prestigious Kent College for Girls in Pembury. She grew up in a loving home alongside brother David at Homestead Farmhouse, a 17th-century cottage in Brenchley, Kent.

In 2003, four years after their wedding, Edward and Sophie's dreams of beginning a family came true when the couple found out they would be welcoming their first baby in December of that year. The news was especially significant to the royal pair as the Countess had suffered an complicated ectopic pregnancy in 2001.

Alexandria 05-31-2003 02:14 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Visit with Prince Edward to Saudia Arabia

Source: IBL and Corbis

Alexandria 05-31-2003 02:49 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Source: Corbis

Alexandria 05-31-2003 03:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Sources: Rex Features and Corbis

Alexandria 05-31-2003 03:19 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Sources: IBL and Rex Features

Alexandria 05-31-2003 03:37 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Sources: IBL, Rex Features and Polfoto

Alexandria 05-31-2003 04:09 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Sources: Rex Features and Corbis

Alexandria 05-31-2003 04:19 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Sources: IBL, Corbis, Rex Features

Alexandria 05-31-2003 05:16 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Sources: IBL, Corbis

Alexandria 05-31-2003 05:19 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Sources: Hello!, IBL, Corbis

thissal 05-31-2003 09:03 PM

Thanks Alexandria, it's about time we saw a bunch of good pictures of Sophie, Countess of Wessex. I think she's had a hard time being accepted by the British public and some say it's due in large part to the PR campaign Prince Charles has had against Sophie and Edward.

iseestudio 06-01-2003 09:46 PM

Sohpie and Edward seemed such a nice couple. Why would the PR campain of Prince Charles do things against Sophie and Edward since they are brothers?

sara1981 06-03-2003 11:44 PM

Sophie's hair looks different thans one !

I like her style hats more different than Princess Diana

Sara Boyce

Zara04 06-06-2003 09:20 PM

I think that Sophie's wedding dress is my favorite of the Royal Brides. An exception would be that it doesn't seem to be "fitted" very well. At times it seemed baggy in the shoulder and neckline area. I remember thinking this after seeing the wedding photos after their marriage.

Did anyone else think the same thing?

Peace. Zara

sara1981 06-06-2003 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zara@Jun 6th, 2003 - 7:20 pm
I think that Sophie's wedding dress is my favorite of the Royal Brides. An exception would be that it doesn't seem to be "fitted" very well. At times it seemed baggy in the shoulder and neckline area. I remember thinking this after seeing the wedding photos after their marriage.

Did anyone else think the same thing?

Peace. Zara

You know that i like Princess Diana's dresses that my favourite dress if i got married i will choose Famous Princess Diana's designer like as Emmauel who makes for Diana's wedding in 1981 or I will choose St Tropez best dresses or England will more BEST !

I think Sophie's dress looks lovely too im not sure what her train ? think 5 feet or 10 feet ? i watch her tapes unsaid training ! its her secret designer from Samatha who makes for her wedding Samatha who lifts her trains from Queens's limo that very bad influence for HELP! like Countess of Wessex's friends same designer make for her friend's wedding ! i not like to help from Countess of Wessex's designer to make my dress for my wedding ! that my ruled !

Sara Boyce

paulette 06-07-2003 12:58 AM

What I like on Princess Sophie's dresses are that it has nice cuts. Her dress during the Infamous Trooping of Colors though look colorful yet it really looked like a "popcicle" :blush: I like her hats because she has different styles not just the ordinary hats royals are wearing. Creative and has a lot of style.

Zara04 06-09-2003 10:54 PM

I like Princess Diana's dress Sara but I am not the "pouffy" type of girl. LOL.... Princess Diana and Prince Charles were married a couple weeks after my ex-husband. My ex and I were in the Army stationed at Fort Hood Texas and took off a Monday afternoon to drive to Belton Texas to get married. In blue jeans (nice ones of course) and I wore a white cami top and little jacket with lace and blue ribbon. Our car overheated on our way back to post and we ended up having our "wedding dinner" at a Dairy Queen while waiting for the car to cool down. I should have known the marriage was doomed from the start. LOL.....Our son was born a couple of months after Prince William and like William and Harry he is a tall (6'4") strawberry blond. His name is Rian (Irish for "little king").

sara1981 06-10-2003 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zara@Jun 9th, 2003 - 8:54 pm
I like Princess Diana's dress Sara but I am not the "pouffy" type of girl. LOL.... Princess Diana and Prince Charles were married a couple weeks after my ex-husband. My ex and I were in the Army stationed at Fort Hood Texas and took off a Monday afternoon to drive to Belton Texas to get married. In blue jeans (nice ones of course) and I wore a white cami top and little jacket with lace and blue ribbon. Our car overheated on our way back to post and we ended up having our "wedding dinner" at a Dairy Queen while waiting for the car to cool down. I should have known the marriage was doomed from the start. LOL.....Our son was born a couple of months after Prince William and like William and Harry he is a tall (6'4") strawberry blond. His name is Rian (Irish for "little king").
that true!

The Countess of Wessex's wedding dress who chose Samatha for her wedding in summer 1999 she liked to help! the designer lifts her training! that crazy! why not she get out of LIMO! that not my choice same her friend who chose same designer before !

I like Princess Diana's famous designer when she married in 1981 she choose 25 feet more famous many people look her train than Sophie's train ! Princess Diana choose Elizabeth Emmauel and David Emmauel both wife and husband designer make for her wedding in 1981 her wedding dress got kept sakes in Althorp where Princess Diana's burial. If you makes image of her pictures in 1981 please you favor ?

Sara Boyce

Josefine 06-11-2003 02:01 PM

--

Alexandria 06-11-2003 09:10 PM

9 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se - June 10, 2003 - Prince Edward visiting showcaves and a dinosaur park.

www.ibl.se - (Meanwhile) June 10, 2003 - Sophie, Countess of Wessex is at Pennywell Farm, near Buckfastleigh, Devon, Britain.

thissal 06-12-2003 12:31 AM

I do hope the marriage of the Earl and C ountess of Wessex will last. It seems to be more solid than that of his sibs.

Josefine 06-12-2003 04:35 PM

https://news.bbc.co.uk

Countess is girlguides new president

The Countess of Wessex is to become the new president of Girlguiding UK, a post previously held by the late Princess Margaret.
Her role will include chairing the council of Girlguiding UK, presenting members with the Queen's Guide Award, and certain informal duties.

The countess's appointment continues the long association between the Royal Family and Girlguiding UK.

The Queen is a loyal supporter and patron of the organisation, as was the Queen Mother.

'Thrilled'

The Countess, who is expecting a baby in December, was recently introduced to Chief Guide Jenny Leach and other members of the organisation at Buckingham Palace.

Ms Leach said: "We are thrilled that the Countess of Wessex has agreed to be our president.

"With her appointment, we secure a combination of both continuity and looking to the future for Girlguiding UK."

Sophie Wessex, who has been a Brownie herself, takes over the presidency following the death of Princess Margaret in February last year.

Princess Margaret, who had been a Brownie, Guide and Ranger, was president for 37 years.

Girlguiding UK, formerly known as the Guide Association, is Britain's largest voluntary organisation for girls and young women, with 620,000 members.

Alexandria 06-12-2003 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
www.hello.com - A picture to go along with the story posted by Josefine. Sophie with a Brownie and a Girl Guide.

sara1981 06-18-2003 07:15 PM

Happy Anniversary to the Earl and Countess of Wessex who on their wedding anniversary on June 19, 1999.

The couple never divorces ! both still married POWER! the Countess Sophie of Wessex who currently pregnant 3 month will be due in December.

Please spread the pics from past of engagement and wedding pics too and also before pre-wedding pics please show it ! and after wedding the couple been away for tour gets pics show it when couple been away ! i want couple to remind it !

Sara Boyce

TOMMIX 06-21-2003 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here ya go....Sara.

Alexandria 06-25-2003 08:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
www.hello.com - 25 JUNE 2003

Prince Edward Makes His Pitch in Canada

The Queen's youngest son has demonstrated his sporting prowess by stepping up to the plate in a major league baseball match in Toronto. Prince Edward, who is currently touring Canada, was granted the honour of making the first pitch of the season.

He was greeted by roars of applause from thousands of fans as he stepped out to start the game, which saw the Toronto Blue Jays take on the Baltimore Orioles.

But the 39-year-old's skills may be somewhat lacking, according to baseball experts. Professional players use a powerful sidearm throw so as to achieve maximum speed, but Edward's slow overarm effort owed rather more to a certain British sport, from which the American game is derived.

Nobody was complaining about the prince's lack of baseball ability, however. After all, it's just not cricket.

sara1981 06-25-2003 09:34 PM

Prince Edward throw the ball to players that nice !

its honour when he visit Canada because he missed Prince William's 21st birthday last weekend his pregnant wife Sophie attend to the party !

most Royal Family always visited Canada same Prince and Princess of Wales visit in 1983, Duke and Duchess visit and mostly Queen visit Canada and also Queen Mother too. In 1998 I don't believe it the screaming girls going near the about 15 year old Prince William he shy! after Diana's death i do believe it !

please make add the pictures who attended Canada years ago and also Earl and Countess of Wessex too in Canada same its real traditional !

Sara Boyce

sara1981 07-04-2003 12:27 AM

I got Hello Magazine today i read of Countess of Wessex's pregnant bump coming ! but Prince Edward said his wife disobey! they Countess of Wessex said will be careful! the couple gets in the boat ! its hot day! if you wants to add show pictures of her ?

I remind of late Princess Diana got in boat before Prince William was born in 1982 she pregnant by Spring 1982 ! its same pictures ! if you want to show it !

Sara Boyce

Jalmey 07-08-2003 12:29 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Royals At Hampton Court Flower Show

July 7, 2003 Hampton, Surrey, United Kingdom --- 7/7/03, HAMPTON, SURREY, UNITED KINGDOM --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, enjoying an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors. --- Photo by Tim Graham/Corbis Sygma

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, joins her husband, Prince Edward, for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, arriving for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, arriving for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, arriving for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, joins her husband, Prince Edward, for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

Josefine 07-08-2003 05:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

Alexandria 07-08-2003 11:06 PM

6 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By TIM ROOKE/REX FEATURES SOPHIE COUNTESS OF WESSEX AND PRINCE EDWARD CHARITY GALA EVENING AT HAMPTON COURT FLOWER SHOW, LONDON, BRITAIN - 7 JUL 2003 PREGNANT 421172/ROO

Teresa 07-09-2003 11:00 AM

The Countess Of Wessex looks very happy, and very elegant in the lilac outfit. :)

Alexandria 07-10-2003 11:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By TIM ROOKE/REX FEATURES PRINCE EDWARD AND SOPHIE COUNTESS OF WESSEX PRINCE EDWARD AND SOPHIE COUNTESS OF WESSEX AT A GALA PERFORMANCE BY THE CENTRAL SCHOOL OF BALLET, BLOOMSBURY THEATRE, LONDON, BRITAIN - 09 JUL 2003 421439/ROO

sara1981 07-16-2003 03:26 PM

I found Countess of Wessex in Hello this morning she visit 2 expect mother with baby she wanted to learn experience for her as mom to be !

https://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/07/16/sophiewessex/

Sara Boyce

Alexandria 07-16-2003 09:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 15-07-2003 Countess of Wessex leaves Frimley Park Hospital in Frimley, Surrey, after having opened the new Patient Resource Centre inside the hospital. Sophie and her husband Edward are expecting their baby in December. * The baby will be the Queen's seventh grandchild and will be eighth in line to the throne. The Countess suffered the trauma of an ectopic pregnancy in 2001 when she underwent a two-and-a-half-hour operation to remove the foetus from a fallopian tube.

sara1981 07-16-2003 11:32 PM

I got add other one!

https://www.hello-magazine.com/2003/07/16/sophiewessex/

she visit 2 expect mother with baby too! one mother with baby ! she learn see the baby before her own baby born in December 5th

Sara Boyce

Alexandria 07-18-2003 03:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 17-07-2003 A pregnant Countess of Wessex holds onto her hat at the Duke of Edinburgh's Awards Garden party at Buckingham Palace, central London.

sara1981 07-18-2003 05:41 PM

I knew she same year ago she fell her hat ! whoosh! the man take her hat give to her i read in British magazine i said oh my lord! i hope she will catch her hat ! like Princess Diana she hold hat all the times !

Sara Boyce

Alexandria 07-21-2003 08:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 19-07-2003 (dpa) - British Prince Edward stands underneath a circle of lights at the regional state centre for culture at the start of the Schleswig-Holstein Music Festival in Salzau, Germany, 19 July 2003. Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex and Queen Elizabeth's youngst son delivered her greetings. The Queen is the patron of this year's festival which has a musical and thematic emphasis on Great Britain.

sara1981 07-23-2003 09:31 AM

I found out news this morning Sophie become glamorous

https://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/07/23/sophiewessex/

you will read it!

Sara Boyce

Alexandria 07-23-2003 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
www.hello.com

Sophie Wessex Goes Glamourous on Royal Party Circuit

23 JULY 2003
Four months' pregnant Sophie Wessex followed the glamorous mum-to-be trend set by stars from Sarah Jessica Parker to Claudia Schiffer, donning a figure-hugging black halter dress for a charity garden party.

The 37-year-old royal was radiant in the floor-length gown as she mingled with guests at a weekend summer ball for children's hospital charity CHASE. In fact, her sparkling new look led to a case of mistaken identity after ITN newsreader Chris Rogers embraced her from behind and whispered, "Hello, sexy, you look gorgeous."

Chris apparently mistook the Queen's daughter-in-law for his pal Anthea Turner, who was hosting the event. Sophie, according to onlookers, took the incident "in good spirit" when she realised the error.

And Sophie was on hand for another unusual breach in protocol a couple of days later at the Queen's Buckingham Palace garden party on Tuesday.

As the Queen and members of the Royal Family, including the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Edinburgh, mingled with nearly 8,000 guests, a 17-year-old youth suddenly stripped off his clothes and streaked across the lawn towards the royal tea tent.

The teenager, who had a ticket for the event and was accompanied by his family, was stopped by a Beefeater and detained by police. Though the streaker reportedly was just ten metres from the Queen during his daring dash, a Scotland Yard spokesperson later said there was no breach of security and the Royal party and other guests were not at risk.

Alexandria 07-23-2003 07:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 22-07-2003 The Earl ans Countess of Wesssex at a garden party held at Buckingham Palace, London. Wednesday 22nd July 2003 PA Photo:Kirsty Wigglesworth /Rota

Josefine 07-25-2003 09:56 AM

they are so cute togather
I like that she dressed up so nicley at the charity garden party
not cover her self up to much

sara1981 07-25-2003 02:15 PM

I found out the wessexes got kick out at madame tussauds said Sophie is dull!

i had no idea! i think in mirror newspaper search for it! people said wessexes is bored! because not popular people. Many people like as Princess Diana and Queen mother and member of Royal Family too and also will include apply for Prince William in Madame Tussads soon! i read in mirror said that! I never see Prince William in Madame Tussads in England before i think its Canada ?

Sara Boyce

Martine 07-30-2003 04:03 PM

6 Attachment(s)
The Countess of Wessex, as Patron of 'VISION 2020, The Right to Sight', visits the charity's London Headquarters to attend a briefing by senior management of VISION 2002 at The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

Alexandria 08-04-2003 06:48 PM

6 Attachment(s)
1-4.www.rexfeatures.com - Sophie, Countess of Wessex visiting The Vision 2020 headquarters, London, Britain, 30 July 2003.

5,6.Polfoto 06-08-2003 The Earl and Countess of Wessex arrive for the National Youth Orchestra of Scotland Prom concert at London's Royal Albert Hall, Wednesday 6th August 2003. PA Photo : Matthew Fearn

davo 08-16-2003 06:16 AM

I came across the following in the mail section of Royal Insight for August. It lists HRH The Countess of Wessex as having been given the Royal Family Order. Does anyone know when she received it, as it must have been quite recently. (Would it have been roughly the same time that The Earl received his KCVO? Or is it an error?)

https://www.royalinsight.gov.uk/output/Page2496.asp
The Royal Family Order is personally bestowed by the Sovereign. The Queen herself wears the Family Orders of her father King George VI and her grandfather King George V.*Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester, has those of King George V, King George VI and The Queen.*Princess Alexandra has those of King George VI and The Queen.*Those who wear that of The Queen only are The Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duchess of Gloucester and The Duchess of Kent.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers

Davo[Font=Times]

Mandy 08-18-2003 12:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
1.Polfoto 17-08-2003 - The Countess of Wessex and General Sir Michael Gow arrive in Edinburgh's Holyrood Park, Scotland to take the salute at Beating Retreat performed by the Massed Pipes and Drums of the British Leigon Scotland.

2,Polfoto 17-08-2003 The Earl and Countess of Wessex arrive in Edinburgh's Holyrood Park, Scotland, to take the salute at Beating Retreat performed by the Massed Pipes and Drums of the British Leigon Scotland.

3,4.Polfoto 17-08-2003 The Countess of Wessex arrives in Edinburgh`s Holyrood Park, Edinburgh, Scotland, to take the salute at Beating Retreat performed by the Massed Pipes and Drums of the British Leigon Scotland.

lasu 08-18-2003 03:13 PM

From www.hellomagazine.com:

STYLISH SOPHIE STEPS OUT IN SCOTLAND

18 AUGUST 2003
Five months' pregnant Sophie Wessex was pretty in pink at her husband's side on Sunday as the royal couple visited Edinburgh's Holyrood Park.

Prince Edward, clad in a grey kilt, and his 37-year-old wife were on hand to take the salute at Beating Retreat, performed by the Massed Pipes and Drums of the British Legion.

The Queen's daughter-in-law was radiant on the special occasion, as her husband watched over her with a caring eye. Due to give birth in December, Sophie opted for a brightly-coloured outfit which somewhat camouflaged her growing bump a fucshia knee-length dress with matching overcoat.

Edward and Sophie, who were spotted in the French Riviera over the weekend, now have a break in their official duties until September 2, when the Earl of Wessex is expected to tour Orkney. After ten days of engagements in Britain, the Prince will set off for a solo Luxembourg visit while Sophie remains in the UK.

sara1981 08-19-2003 09:30 PM

you know Countess of Wessex is 38 year old not 37 year old! she near 40's ! i read Hello article said that! i read it! maybe Hello got wrong it! (OOPS) :o :huh:

Sara Boyce

Josefine 08-26-2003 04:05 PM

are there any pictures of them dateing?