The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Royal Family of Romania (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f260/)
-   -   Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events (Jan 2018 -Current) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f260/nicholas-and-alina-maria-de-roumanie-medforth-mills-news-and-events-jan-2018-current-44178.html)

Marengo 01-06-2018 02:26 PM

Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events (Jan 2018 -Current)

Welcome to Nicholas and Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills' News & Events, Part 1

Commencing January 17th, 2018

A previous thread about Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

∑ Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
∑ It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
∑ We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
∑ The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
∑ Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

LadyFinn 01-26-2018 03:34 PM

Nicholas at his Facebook today
"Today, 26 January, the most important person in my life, Alina-Maria Binder, reaches the age of 30 years. I wish her much health, smiles every day, and desires fulfilled..."
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealro...type=3&theater

Benjamin 01-28-2018 10:19 AM

Nicholas and Alina are returning to Romania this weekend. They had till this time maintained homes in London and Henley. Now, they will make their permanent residence in Romania.

The couple were married in a civil ceremony in October 2017 at Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. Their religious wedding will take place in September 2018 in Romania.

The new Harry and Meghan? Meet the British 'Geordie prince' who's next in line to Romania's throne

Somebody 01-28-2018 10:40 AM

So, Nicholas married either in the last few days of his grandfather's life or just after he passed away so he could take Alina with him to the funeral? While I understand thst he wanted her with him, the timing seems inappropriate.

Did they share the exact wedding date?

And why is he still calling her Alina-Maria Binder? Foes that mean that she doesn't (intend to) share(s) his surname (and titles he most likely is after)?

Cory 01-28-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2068359)
So, Nicholas married either in the last few days of his grandfather's life or just after he passed away so he could take Alina with him to the funeral? While I understand thst he wanted her with him, the timing seems inappropriate.

Did they share the exact wedding date?

And why is he still calling her Alina-Maria Binder? Foes that mean that she doesn't (intend to) share(s) his surname (and titles he most likely is after)?

The date if the civil marriage was not known. She will have his Surname too.

Somebody 01-28-2018 11:04 AM

So, if she is to use his surname, why does her own husband still call her by her maiden name after they got married? That doesn't add up.

Benjamin 01-28-2018 11:11 AM

Firstly, it is the author of the article who refers to her by her maiden name. Nicholas simply calls her by her first name.

Some women do not take their husband's surname. Another possibility is that she wishes to wait until after the religious wedding to take his surname. She was named by the Royal House on the funeral guest list as "doamna Nicolae de Roumanie Medforth-Mills."

Therefore, it may be that she will only use his name on social occasions, and retain her maiden name while in professional life. Time will tell.

tihkon2 01-28-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2068372)
So, if she is to use his surname, why does her own husband still call her by her maiden name after they got married? That doesn't add up.

Also, many women in Europe do not take their husband's name.

Somebody 01-28-2018 12:29 PM

I was referring to this message that referenced Nicholas's own facebook (so it was him not someone else using 'Binder' as her surname) not to an article. However, it seems that he is using her maiden name because that is the name she uses on Facebook...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 2067823)
Nicholas at his Facebook today
"Today, 26 January, the most important person in my life, Alina-Maria Binder, reaches the age of 30 years. I wish her much health, smiles every day, and desires fulfilled..."
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealro...type=3&theater

Somebody 01-28-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tihkon2 (Post 2068380)
Also, many women in Europe do not take their husband's name.

I don't think Europe can be generalized in this respect as naming traditions are compketely different amog countries.

Nonetheless, I am aware of women taking different decisions, so I was mainly surprised about the inconsistencies. Nicholas using her maiden name while people insist that she will be sharing his surname. If so, the moment to start doing so would be the civil marriage.

Cory 01-28-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2068391)
I don't think Europe can be generalized in this respect as naming traditions are compketely different amog countries.

Nonetheless, I am aware of women taking different decisions, so I was mainly surprised about the inconsistencies. Nicholas using her maiden name while people insist that she will be sharing his surname. If so, the moment to start doing so would be the civil marriage.

At least he uses also his spouse maiden name and not invent titles or surnames.

LadyRohan 01-30-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory (Post 2068407)
At least he uses also his spouse maiden name and not invent titles or surnames.

You mean like yourself referring to him as 'Prince Nicholas' for years on these forums, after the King decreed it so? Selective reasoning and fleeting allegiances is so very passť, don't you think?

People referring to others incorrectly when writing articles or speaking is nothing new, it happens in every monarchy and probably even more so in former monarchies, where references are usually made based on your own preference and level of respect, not what is custom and recognized protocol. I'm quite sure that as a bride of someone belonging to a former royal family fighting for recognition, she will take her husbands surname, but it might be a matter of waiting for the religious ceremony or the process or reconciliation within the Royal Family etc.

For now, they're Nicholas and Alina to many, although I must say, most of my friends use the titular principele Nicolae, and will probably continue to do so, if he keeps up his work and continues to improve his position in Romania. One can only hope that he reconciles with the Royal Family and that he is recognized as the heir following his aunts generation, so the family is renewed and comes together for a common purpose and in a positive way.

Jacknch 01-30-2018 06:51 PM

The use of Alina-Maria Binder in Nicholas's FaceBook post was because it was a link to her account - that is the name used there.

Somebody 02-04-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacknch (Post 2069098)
The use of Alina-Maria Binder in Nicholas's FaceBook post was because it was a link to her account - that is the name used there.

That's what I found out later that same day as well, see my second last post.

eya 02-10-2018 03:56 PM

The Couple make a Photoshoot in Bucharest back October.

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/362636805

Biri 02-10-2018 04:20 PM

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful couple!

queenofcelts 02-10-2018 04:25 PM

Wow! Wonderful photos! I guess its David Niviere who did all these gorgeous photos!

Biri 02-10-2018 04:37 PM

Is Alina Maria wearing a regional costume in some of them?

TLLK 02-10-2018 06:15 PM

Her regional costume is really lovely.:flowers:

LadyFinn 02-12-2018 01:37 PM

Articles about the photo shoot
Nicolae al Rom‚niei și soția sa, Óntr-un pictorial de poveste _ OK Magazine
Nepotul regelui Mihai, Nicolae Medforth-Mills, şi soţia sa, pictorial spectaculos - FOTO _ REALITATEA .NET