The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Royal Family of Romania (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f260/)
-   -   Royal Family of Romania, News & Events Part 2 (Jan 2018 - Current) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f260/royal-family-of-romania-news-and-events-part-2-jan-2018-current-44177.html)

Quetzalcoatl 04-07-2020 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 2305899)
It seems the former royal family was in constant financial problems. With Romania firm under Ceausescu there was no prospect on better times. Supporters had to donate money for the upbringing of the princesses.

Yes, the five princesses all have four HRH grandparents, which is unique, they have a lot of familial alliances with all royal families but made no marriage. Maybe all five princesses only wanted to "escape" the strict royal life of their ascetic, religious parents and wanted no royal or noble partner? Who knows?

There are a couple of facts:
-no money, no travel. Even the king said that the family interaction with his counterparts had been very low. Easter with the Greeks and some weddings. Margarita must have had some interaction with the brits when she was at Edinburgh University;
-for the western reigning houses, a princess from the east was not a good political move, as it would have put them at odds with the communist regimes in eastern Europe. What is known from the romanian archives is that the regime was nervous in the '70 because of this possibility. And probably did things about that. We also know that the regime tried his best to prevent Margarita getting hired in one of the United Nation's agencies ;
-maybe the king was strict (or wanted to be), but that was an (over)reaction caused by a very anarchic and dysfunctional family in which he lived even from his birth. He had to deal with his father generation and afterwards with his daughters, who made their own choices in live: 2 out of 5 have mugshots in the US police archives. 4 out of 5 divorced. The girls did not have their private source of income for most of the time. The sons in law bunch includes a former actor with question marks about his relationship with the communist regime, a wife beating guy, the sheriff who made money from cockfighting and a fake french prince "Habsburg" and later on "Laufenburg".

Duc_et_Pair 04-07-2020 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl (Post 2306266)
There are a couple of facts:
-no money, no travel. Even the king said that the family interaction with his counterparts had been very low. Easter with the Greeks and some weddings. Margarita must have had some interaction with the brits when she was at Edinburgh University;
-for the western reigning houses, a princess from the east was not a good political move, as it would have put them at odds with the communist regimes in eastern Europe. What is known from the romanian archives is that the regime was nervous in the '70 because of this possibility. And probably did things about that. We also know that the regime tried his best to prevent Margarita getting hired in one of the United Nation's agencies ;
-maybe the king was strict (or wanted to be), but that was an (over)reaction caused by a very anarchic and dysfunctional family in which he lived even from his birth. He had to deal with his father generation and afterwards with his daughters, who made their own choices in live: 2 out of 5 have mugshots in the US police archives. 4 out of 5 divorced. The girls did not have their private source of income for most of the time. The sons in law bunch includes a former actor with question marks about his relationship with the communist regime, a wife beating guy, the sheriff who made money from cockfighting and a fake french prince "Habsburg" and later on "Laufenburg".


Yes, the 5 daughters could have made a marriage with Prince Philippe, Prince Laurent or Prince Alexander of Belgium. With Prince Henri, Prince Jean or Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg. With Prince Albert of Monaco. With Prince Felipe of Spain. With Prince Pavlos or Prince Nikolaos of Greece. With Prince Aloïs von und zu Liechtenstein. With Karl Friederich Fürst von Hohenzollern even. Or a Protestant Prince (as Willem-Alexander shows, with his Roman-Catholic wife). But indeed, it needs an active social life, mingling with royals. And of course this was expensive: travelling to a society wedding, accomodation, clothing, gifts. In turn this also means the Romanian royal family hosting social events. This was no option before 2000.

HereditaryPrincess 04-18-2020 06:41 PM

Princess Sofia's springtime photography:

Le printemps immortalisé par Sophie de Roumanie – Noblesse & Royautés

eya 04-19-2020 07:11 AM

Happy Easter from the Royal Family!

https://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/hristos-a-inviat-5/

Shortly before 8 pm yesterday, Father Calin, the parish priest of the Orthodox church in Săvârșin, came to the gate of the Royal Castle, to give the Light from the Holy Altar of Her Majesty and Prince Radu, at midnight, when the Resurrection of the Lord is celebrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44HbjDrwxio

eya 07-14-2020 02:40 AM

Princess Maria celebrates her birthday yesterday in Elisabeta Palace


https://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/...sa-maria-2020/

LadyFinn 07-14-2020 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 2326462)
Princess Maria celebrates her birthday yesterday in Elisabeta Palace


https://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/...sa-maria-2020/

At the comments someone asks and the Royal Secretariat answers:
Adrian 13.07.2020 at 13:39
Happy birthday to Her Highness! When will we see her again in Romania? Do we understand that she has not lived here since last fall / winter?

Answer for Mr. Adrian 13.07.2020 at 13:52
HRH Princess Maria continues to live in the country. In the autumn, when the public activities will be resumed, it will be announced in advance which of them will be attended by Their Royal Highnesses Princess Elena, Princess Sofia and Princess Maria.
Royal Secretariat

It will be interesting to see if princess Maria will start working for the royal house again.

eya 07-22-2020 11:39 AM

:previous:I hope to see her again from September!

Today 22 July in the presence of Princess Sofia, the opening of the Royal Exhibition "Elizabeta Palace" took place.

https://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/...tul-elisabeta/

Benjamin 09-02-2020 10:52 AM

Princess Irina of Romania has been restored to her royal title and style by her sister, Custodian of the Crown Margarita. Irina has not been reinstated to the line of succession. Irina was stripped of her title and succession rights in 2014.

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....stored-to.html

Dalriada 09-02-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin (Post 2340072)
Princess Irina of Romania has been restored to her royal title and style by her sister, Custodian of the Crown Margarita. Irina has not been reinstated to the line of succession. Irina was stripped of her title and succession rights in 2014.

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....stored-to.html



Extraordinary but wonderful turn of events. It shows there is potential for more family u-turns in good time hopefully! The Crown-Custodian is obviously being better advised or growing into her role more comfortably to make a decision like this in her old age!

Somebody 09-02-2020 11:43 AM

Interesting move; and apparently, it hasn't been announced but was just noticed by someone that her name on the website and in a recent message had been changed back.

REAL COUNTESS 09-02-2020 02:18 PM

Well if Pss Irina of Romania is an HRH again,why not restore Nicholas to his?. Fair is fair.

Heavs 09-02-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS (Post 2340150)
Well if Pss Irina of Romania is an HRH again,why not restore Nicholas to his?. Fair is fair.

Weren't there rumours that it was Margarita who was pushing for the stripping of his title and succession rights? Or at least heavily involved in the decision. IF so then it may not be forth coming.

If he was restored to his title but not the succession the problem of the next generation continues anyway because his sister doesn't seem in the slightest bit interested.

An Ard Ri 09-02-2020 02:41 PM

It could open a can of worms for the Crown Princess regarding her nephew Nicholas and his loss of Princely title.

Duc_et_Pair 09-03-2020 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS (Post 2340150)
Well if Pss Irina of Romania is an HRH again,why not restore Nicholas to his?. Fair is fair.

The problem is not between aunt Margareta and nephew Nicholas. It is between mother Elena and son Nicholas.

As long as the water is deep between Princess Margareta's heir and her heir's son, there is no reasonable chance that the Custodian will act without having her successor aboard. Note that still there is a criminal process in which Mr Medforth Mills is charged with trying to break into a property, violating a private residence and assaulting several people. Apart from this cloud hanging over Nicholas there is the underlying dissatisfaction within the royal family over Nicholas being too close to third parties with an own agenda regarding Romanian politics and the position of the Crown in the current republican structure.

As long as these painpoints are on the table, I do not see Princess Margareta acting yet. The dust around Nicholas needs to settle down first. The ice between Princess Elena and her son Nicholas needs to melt first.

CyrilVladisla 09-03-2020 06:01 AM

It is wonderful that like her sisters Irina is again a Princess. :flowers:

Duc_et_Pair 09-03-2020 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla (Post 2340281)
It is wonderful that like her sisters Irina is again a Princess. :flowers:


It was outrageous that this lady, with two royal parents, four royal grandparents, eight royal great-grandparents, etc. suddenly was no longer a princess of the blood royal. The blue blood in her veins is exactly the same as the blood running in the veins of her royalborn sisters.

Yes, throw someone out of the succession. Yes, remove a title of the Royal House, okay. But even denying that someone simply is born as a princess of the Royal House of Romania and equally born as a princess of the princely House of Hohenzollern, that was a way too draconic and short-sighted act. Like the removal of Nicholas was also way over-reacted.

Let us hope that this is a first step towards another formal reconciliation.

eya 09-15-2020 11:44 AM

New philatelic collection issued by the Romanian National Stamp Company , dedicated to Queen Elisabeta (Carmen Sylva), Queen Marie, Queen Mother Helen and Queen Anne of Romania


https://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/...nele-romaniei/

eya 09-23-2020 11:40 AM

Princess Sofia participated in the workshop "Analysis and documentation of the restoration project of the historical landscape of Peles Castle", together with USAMV students.


https://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/...telului-peles/



Also Princess Sofia,attend at the Signing of the Collaboration Protocol between the City Hall of Sinaia, the Association for the Royal Heritage Peles and the Ministry of Culture.


https://www.romaniaregala.ro/jurnal/...imaria-sinaia/

eya 11-17-2020 02:40 AM

A picture of Elisabeta-Maria Biarneix taken by her mother Princess Sofia


https://twitter.com/sethbleonard/sta...918082/photo/1

maria-olivia 11-17-2020 06:58 AM

I read the relationship of Mr Bairneix with Princess Sofia 's parents were bad ?
It went better after their Divorce.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises