The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Princess Royal and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f112/)
-   -   Zara and Mike Tindall Expecting A Baby (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f112/zara-and-mike-tindall-expecting-a-baby-44173.html)

rominet09 01-05-2018 06:54 PM

I am so delighted !!!! I can't wait for the baby to be born !

TLLK 01-05-2018 07:08 PM

So happy for this little family!:flowers:

CyrilVladisla 01-05-2018 07:32 PM

Hooray! Hooray! The happiest days are when babies are born! :sun::sun::sun:

Skippyboo 01-05-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2060525)
If they do it similar to how the US does they were doing the trials just a few months out from Rio.

LaRae

They do things differently with the equestrian sports than say track and field who has a one time trial competition before the games. Itís the horse and the rider together. Zara got on the Olympic team for Beijing but her horse got hurt and then she could not go. You canít just swap another horse. So basically you have to score high enough in the events in the year leading to the Olympics to get picked and then be healthy for the Games (Rider and Horse). So for a shot a Tokyo in 2020. Zara needs to be in high form with her horse in 2019 and maintain it into 2020. For Tokyo, the equestrian teams will have only 3 riders instead of 4 in previous Olympics. So itís going to be tougher to make the team.

Pranter 01-05-2018 07:52 PM

I'm guessing May or June for Zara.

LaRae

Pranter 01-05-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippyboo (Post 2060585)
They do things differently with the equestrian sports than say track and field who has a one time trial competition before the games. Itís the horse and the rider together. Zara got on the Olympic team for Beijing but her horse got hurt and then she could not go. You canít just swap another horse. So basically you have to score high enough in the events in the year leading to the Olympics to get picked and then be healthy for the Games (Rider and Horse). So for a shot a Tokyo in 2020. Zara needs to be in high form with her horse in 2019 and maintain it into 2020. For Tokyo, the equestrian teams will have only 3 riders instead of 4 in previous Olympics. So itís going to be tougher to make the team.

Thanks, I'm a former rider and have followed equestrian events for decades.

I know they were doing Olympic trials not long before the Olympics started but I may be thinking of the show jumping.

LaRae

Countessmeout 01-05-2018 10:02 PM

Fantastic news, I am on the 'kind of guessed from the photos' boat :flowers:

I agree there is a chance she may be due around Kate. Considering her last miscarriage after 4 months, they likely waited a bit longer. If she hasn't given birth when Harry gets married, she will likely be heavily pregnant.

I am sure all three cousins are happy to share such happy news right now. :biggrin:

gagates 01-06-2018 01:43 AM

guessed too, that a baby is on the way. "... and look forward to welcoming new members into it next year." Turns out, more members than we thought. I'm happy for them and hope, everything goes well.

Finally a post by myself, after years of reading and commenting in my head only - hello!!!

eya 01-06-2018 02:59 AM

And the family seen for the first time after the happy news touching down the gold coast

Zara and Mike Tindall in Gold Coast after pregnancy news | Daily Mail Online

Iluvbertie 01-06-2018 03:11 AM

I am going to be picky here but it is the 'Gold Coast'. It is actually a city and will be the host of the Commonwealth Games later this year - Charles and Camilla are coming out to open them and presumably Edward to close them as per usual.

I know a lot of people don't actually realise that the area is a city in its own right and so tend to go with the lower case assuming it is simply a region when it is an official city in its own right 'Gold Coast City'

Some information about the place: City of Gold Coast | Home

Lemon Lyman 01-06-2018 04:29 AM

The daily fail are saying summer. She just looks at least 5 months to me.

Iluvbertie 01-06-2018 05:53 AM

She certainly looks like she is further along than Kate but that doesn't mean anything. I would suspect either about the same time as Kate or into July rather than have the risk of it being a certain date in May and missing Harry's wedding.

O-H Anglophile 01-06-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman (Post 2060635)
The daily fail are saying summer. She just looks at least 5 months to me.

I think the writers are guesstimating based on the announcement since so many announce at about 3 months. But I think she's farther along than a baby in the early summer too, early summer is at least mid June. I think they waited as long as they could to announce/confirm and it will be spring.

Pranter 01-06-2018 07:22 AM

It's kinda hard to tell with Zara too because she's a bit thicker build anyway. She can hide things a little more.

I think she is at least 4 months along though simply because I figure after the miscarriage they might of waited longer before announcing this time.

LaRae

two*firecrackers 01-06-2018 07:31 AM

wonderful news! Congrats to the family!

Add me to the i thought she was pregnant based on recent photos club :)

Kandilka 01-06-2018 08:40 AM

I enjoyed the christmas pics without thinking about a pregnancy :smile: I focused on little Mia and admired what a big girl she is and that she always seems to be a happy child.
Never expected Zara to have a catwalk shape - so I did't take a second look on her body. My only thought about her was, how much I have always liked her laid back clothingng style.

And then that news! I am very happy for the Tindalls.

Bine221 01-06-2018 10:00 AM

Oh, I am so happy for the family. And I pray, that everything goes well this time.
I think, she is a little "behind" Catherine, so I am expecting a huge belly at Harrys Wedding.
Bye Bine

French Toast 01-06-2018 11:46 AM

What a blessing for Zara, Mike and Mia!

HereditaryPrincess 01-06-2018 04:50 PM

Oh, congratulations to Zara and her family! 2018 seems like it's going to be another baby year for the BRF.
After last year's tragic news I'm really happy for this lovely little family of three. I thought they wouldn't wait long, from what they have said it seems like they don't want Mia to be an only child.

QueenPenny 01-06-2018 06:02 PM

I'm so happy for them!