The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Princess Royal and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f112/)
-   -   Zara and Mike Tindall Expecting A Baby (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f112/zara-and-mike-tindall-expecting-a-baby-44173.html)

jacqui24 01-05-2018 11:58 AM

Congrats to the Tindalls. It's wonderful news after the heartbreaking news last time.

As for those concerned because of her age and last miscarriage. I'm sure she's cleared it with her doctor beforehand. Most women who are 35+ and pregnant can still fly. And we don't know what happened last time, so we don't if that's actually a factor here.

O-H Anglophile 01-05-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 2060408)
I think she will be heavily pregnant on her cousin's wedding (last trimester definitely)
But I am a bit surprised that her gynecologist allowed her to travel for such a long distance (from the UK to Australia - at least two plane changes), considering her age (35+) and previous miscarriage.

Maybe she's 5 or 6 months along and everything looks good to the doctor.

Dman 01-05-2018 12:50 PM

Good news indeed!

An Ard Ri 01-05-2018 01:10 PM

Wonderful New Years news,congratulations to Zara and Mike!

Lemon Lyman 01-05-2018 01:19 PM

Iíve got a feeling she could be 20ish weeks as Iím sure they would have waited as long as possible to announce. Could even have a due date around the same time as Kate.

Pranter 01-05-2018 01:26 PM

When she was pregnant with Mia she was riding/showing well into her pregnancy. I would imagine she's still riding even now. Flying shouldn't be a big concern.

LaRae

Skippyboo 01-05-2018 01:44 PM

The eventing season in the U.K. runs March to October. So she is probably not going to compete this year unless she enters some events late in the season. Riding a horse and riding said horse over a cross country course is two different things. The olympics arenít until 2020 so she will have time to try to make the team for Tokyo after the baby comes.

Pranter 01-05-2018 02:01 PM

IIRC, and I am not sure, she didn't event while pregnant with Mia. I just recall show jumping and dressage. She's probably doing the usual routine riding at this point.

It will be interesting to see if she tries for the Olympic team and if she can make it if she does.

LaRae

Missjersey 01-05-2018 02:21 PM

Fabulous new to the start of a new year!

Ish 01-05-2018 02:30 PM

With Mia, she announced the pregnancy in June, did some eventing at first, then announced she wasnít going to compete any further in July until post-pregnancy, but continued doing dressage in August.

This pregnancy will likely be different just because of the timing - with Mia she announced midway through the season, and was able to be back in the saddle early on in the following season.

This time round it might be harder to compete in the season because sheís pregnant earlier in the season. Sheís likely to be in good form for next year though.

Not sure when qualifications for the 2020 Olympics are though...

royal rob 01-05-2018 02:39 PM

I thought she was pregnant by the latest photos ...great news

Biri 01-05-2018 02:59 PM

This thread is getting stuck!

miss whirley 01-05-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 2060395)
Well, jumping could rather be harmful for Zara now :)
To the category of "successful news" we can add also the fact, that HM The Queen and HRH the Duke of Edinburgh are still here to live their Platinum Anniversary'; so few couples have this luck.
As for Zara and Harry's engagement - I am sure she is happy for him.

Oh, I forgot:
Congrats not only to future parents and big sister but also for grandparents and great-grandparents!

Just for curiosity: Is Mike an only child? His bigraphy in English Wikipedia does not mention his siblings.

He has an older brother, Ian. One of the reasons he proposed when he did was his older brother got engaged, he said it motivated him to be ready for that next step. His brother married a couple months before Mike and Zara.

Pranter 01-05-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 2060478)
With Mia, she announced the pregnancy in June, did some eventing at first, then announced she wasnít going to compete any further in July until post-pregnancy, but continued doing dressage in August.

This pregnancy will likely be different just because of the timing - with Mia she announced midway through the season, and was able to be back in the saddle early on in the following season.

This time round it might be harder to compete in the season because sheís pregnant earlier in the season. Sheís likely to be in good form for next year though.

Not sure when qualifications for the 2020 Olympics are though...

If they do it similar to how the US does they were doing the trials just a few months out from Rio.

LaRae

Empress Merel 01-05-2018 04:07 PM

Happy for them! Hopefully everything will go smoothly

carlota 01-05-2018 04:08 PM

exciting news! can't wait to hear about the birth.

principessa 01-05-2018 04:10 PM

I wish them all the best! I wish her a healthy and smooth pregnancy!

CrownPrincessJava 01-05-2018 04:18 PM

That is great news! I had a feeling she was pregnant after seeing the photos from the family trip in Australia. I wish them a smooth and healthy pregnancy :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman (Post 2060458)
Iíve got a feeling she could be 20ish weeks as Iím sure they would have waited as long as possible to announce. Could even have a due date around the same time as Kate.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if her due date is around Catherine's or a little later.

MARG 01-05-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile (Post 2060393)
Me too! I was pretty sure when I saw the Australia photos last week. I'm very happy for them.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman (Post 2060458)

I too wondered about the Australian photo and that was almost all we saw of her.

So, congratulations to Mike, Zara and little Miss Mia. I pray all goes well and Mia gets her very own baby doll to show off.

Iluvbertie 01-05-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 2060408)
I think she will be heavily pregnant on her cousin's wedding (last trimester definitely)
But I am a bit surprised that her gynecologist allowed her to travel for such a long distance (from the UK to Australia - at least two plane changes), considering her age (35+) and previous miscarriage.

One plane change.

If she flew with BA she would go Heathrow - Singapore and then Singapore to Sydney (as does Singapore Airlines)

QANTAS goes via Dubai - London-Dubai; Dubai-Sydney

Cathay goes via Hong Kong

Thai via Bangkok etc

but it is only one change and depending on how long they are on the ground they may even have stayed at a local hotel for a few days.

She would probably have flown at least Business Class so lie-flat beds available the entire distance on most of the above airlines these days as well

I have done this trip many times and the old days of the three legs were gone by the mid-90s to now being only a two-leg journey.