The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 7: January 2018 - August 2020 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/crown-prince-frederik-current-events-part-7-january-2018-august-2020-a-44154.html)

polyesco 04-10-2019 11:07 AM

:previous: Videos from his visit
VIDEO: Besøg på hangarskibet Charles de Gaulle | Kongehuset

https://www.facebook.com/ForsvaretDa...5167401319826/

https://twitter.com/EtatMajorFR/stat...372928/photo/1
gallery
https://kongehuset.dk/foto-video/beso...rles-de-gaulle

Muhler 04-10-2019 11:30 AM

Thanks Polyesco & Eya :flowers:

Yes, DK has attached a frigate to the French carrier group operating mainly in the Mediterranean. That is a permanent attachment - and outside NATO!
It is no secret that NATO for various political reasons is not as sure an alliance as previously, so alternatives outside NATO are quietly emerging.
In the case of Denmark our army has for many years operated closely with British forces, albeit mainly within NATO.
We have over the past years strengthened the military co-operation with Canada in the Arctic - outside NATO.
And our special forces have for the past few years operated in Sahara with French special forces and mainly under French command - outside NATO and UN.

That would have been almost unthinkable only ten years ago, but times change...

polyesco 04-10-2019 02:28 PM

Thanks Muhler for the extra info :flowers:

article on his visit with one extra picture (4th in the gallery)
https://kendte.dk/kronprinsen-deltag...ssion/?image=4

gerry 04-10-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 2210486)
Thanks Polyesco & Eya :flowers:

Yes, DK has attached a frigate to the French carrier group operating mainly in the Mediterranean. That is a permanent attachment - and outside NATO!
It is no secret that NATO for various political reasons is not as sure an alliance as previously, so alternatives outside NATO are quietly emerging.
In the case of Denmark our army has for many years operated closely with British forces, albeit mainly within NATO.
We have over the past years strengthened the military co-operation with Canada in the Arctic - outside NATO.
And our special forces have for the past few years operated in Sahara with French special forces and mainly under French command - outside NATO and UN.

That would have been almost unthinkable only ten years ago, but times change...

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...-arctic-island

Indeed, changing times mean changing methods; attached a recent newspaper article on the Hans Island dispute between our two nations that really needs a visit by the Crown Prince and our Prime Minister to share a bottle of ......:lol:

polyesco 04-11-2019 12:02 PM

a photo shared by one of the soldiers on Frederik's recent visit
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwD_HS0gU6J/

Muhler 04-11-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerry (Post 2210600)
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...-arctic-island

Indeed, changing times mean changing methods; attached a recent newspaper article on the Hans Island dispute between our two nations that really needs a visit by the Crown Prince and our Prime Minister to share a bottle of ......:lol:

That would be a nice touch. :smile:
I can just see Frederik welcoming the Canadian PM to the Danish island... And showing our Canadian friends around on the island - that should be be a manageable task... :biggrin: So after five minutes they could get inside for a wee schnapps and smoked herring.

- And our tireless Polyesco as now rounded her first 8.000 posts. Congrats. :flowers:

polyesco 04-14-2019 01:07 PM

Thank you Muhler :flowers:

On April 12 Frederik attended'Burning Man European Leadership Summit'*in Aarhus. Not in the calendar

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D378pK5UwAEQUnn.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D39fXf9WwAcc_cQ.jpg:large
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwJmVCAn...JPdhKJL0M9HhHN

This year’s European Leadership Summit theme,*Radical City, reflects the growing confluence of interest between Burning Man’s temporary city, the temporary cities at Regional Events around the globe, and their more permanent counterparts in the default world.*
https://journal.burningman.org/2019/...ership-summit/

And another picture from Frederik's trip last week to the Danish ship
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwH9m-Mg...JPdhKJL0M9HhHN

iceflower 04-24-2019 11:34 AM

.

Crown Prince Frederik attended the event "DM in the Company Programme" hosted by the Foundation for Entrepreneurship in Copenhagen today, April 24:



** BB: Kronprins Frederik gav unge grønlændere en uforglemmelig oplevelse ** translation **

polyesco 04-24-2019 01:06 PM

"The ideas from 150 young people are many - and creative - for DM in Entrepreneurship, where @KentDamsgaard and @FFEYEdk have welcomed H.K.H. Crown Princesses #CompanyProgramme"
https://twitter.com/DanskIndustri/st...632384/photo/1
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D46oHxXXoAQ5uA1.jpg
https://twitter.com/FFEYEdk/status/1121021216968646656

DRF
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwpcSjiA...ource=ig_embed
https://www.facebook.com/detdanskeko...type=3&theater

polyesco 04-25-2019 12:33 PM

yesterday, from the DRF website
DM i Company Programme | Kongehuset

a few more
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a9&oe=5D7561E3
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e1&oe=5D2B84F9
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6a&oe=5D708A69

Muhler 04-30-2019 02:00 PM

The up-coming Royal Run has, or rather will break a world record: https://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprins-f...-med-royal-run

It's the number who will take part in the one mile run, who will break the world record.
The current record holder is the British Vitality Westminster run, with 8.040 who took part.
So far 17.021 have signed up for the one mile run here in DK in connection with the Royal Run. But as many as 20.000 can sign on, so that figure may rise.

The Muhler family signed up for five kilometers.

polyesco 04-30-2019 02:22 PM

:previous: what a great initiative and accomplishment.
Best of luck to the Muhlers:flowers:

polyesco 05-09-2019 12:05 PM

The Crown Prince conducts the presentation of The Brain Prize 2019
https://twitter.com/brain_prize/stat...16700856377346
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...c9&oe=5D72721E
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...65&oe=5D592024

this years winners
https://www.lundbeckfonden.com/thebrainprize/

He will also attend a dinner for the Brain Prize later today

Muhler 05-09-2019 01:18 PM

It must have delighted Frederik to present the award.
It goes to research into heretical conditions that can lead to dementia.

And as we all know Frederik has experienced dementia first hand. - And who knows? Perhaps he and/or his children has inherited a disposition for dementia?

Nordic 05-09-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 2220253)
And as we all know Frederik has experienced dementia first hand. - And who knows? Perhaps he and/or his children has inherited a disposition for dementia?


Or his brother and/or his children. Seriously, Muhler...?

iceflower 05-09-2019 02:56 PM

The Palace has shared some photos of Frederik at the Brain Prize 2019 ceremony today and here's a gallery:


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **


Billedbladet has provided a short video:


** BB: VIDEO: Kronprins Frederik gjorde indtryk til stor prisfest ** translation **


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDbJtBsnqqI

Muhler 05-09-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 2220269)
Or his brother and/or his children. Seriously, Muhler...?

Lets not hope so!

However, dementia is a condition to be taken serious, especially why some get it and others don't. And why some families are more disposed to it than others.
A multitude of causes are suspected to increase the risk of dementia, in this specific case, it's genetic. And that's what the researchers are looking into.

There are no doubt other genetic "malfunctions" that increase the risk of dementia.
But so little is known - yet.
Just look at cancer. Back in the 90's (and that's not long ago!) having cancer meant one foot in the grave, almost no matter what kind of cancer. Today...
The same thing about various heart conditions. The big killer in my branch of the family BTW! Back in the 90's people died from conditions a simple procedure, a pill or exercise and diet keeps in check today.
It's medical quantum leaps within just 25-30 years.

My wife is in the care sector. And one of her more unpleasant tasks is to take part in deciding when it's time to move people to a nursing home, where the vast majority who live in such places today suffer from dementia/Alzheimer to varying degrees.
She's asked me to suffocate her with a pillow, should she ever get to that stage. - No joke, because she sees every day how it ends.

polyesco 05-09-2019 05:08 PM

A very serious topic that certainly hits close to home for many

Frederik looked in top form
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQKziWA...ource=ig_embed

hope we get photos from the dinner

MARG 05-09-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 2220298)
. . . . .
My wife is in the care sector. And one of her more unpleasant tasks is to take part in deciding when it's time to move people to a nursing home, where the vast majority who live in such places today suffer from dementia/Alzheimer to varying degrees.
She's asked me to suffocate her with a pillow, should she ever get to that stage. - No joke, because she sees every day how it ends.

My mother was a Licensed Lay Leader in the Anglican Church and she visited the shut-ins, elderly and sick parishioners every week. When she felt she recognised a few signs, she moved herself to assisted living which, as her condition worsened, moved her progressively to more secure units. She lasted over ten years, the last five she didn't speak, the last three she didn't recognise us.

Research into dementia, Alzheimer's and other such brain conditions, is essential and grows more pressing with every day that passes.

polyesco 05-10-2019 11:05 AM

Another article with a gallery from the Brain Prize
https://www.lundbeckfonden.com/verde...gspris-uddelt/
https://content.invisioncic.com/r3885...f6e7ab5161.png
https://content.invisioncic.com/r3885...4cd1913ad0.png
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...05&oe=5D69B261


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises