The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Royal Family of Romania (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f260/)
-   -   Death and Funeral of King Michael, 5th & 16th December 2017 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f260/death-and-funeral-of-king-michael-5th-and-16th-december-2017-a-43946.html)

Iza Borowiec 12-05-2017 06:41 AM

Death and Funeral of King Michael, 5th & 16th December 2017

Majestatea Sa Regele a încetat din viață | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

Duc_et_Pair 12-05-2017 06:43 AM

Not unexpected but still a sad news, the end of a long, long and eventful life.

wyevale 12-05-2017 06:46 AM

May his late Majesty rest in peace...

Gaudete 12-05-2017 07:02 AM

This really is sad news. May His Majesty rest in peace.

carina_a 12-05-2017 07:03 AM

May he rest in peace.

RoyalHighness 2002 12-05-2017 07:10 AM

King Mihai ti k, Jesu olodumare!!!. Yoruba Translation-King Michael has died. Jesus Christ. I'm actually crying right now, I loved King Michael, he was my favorite monarch and I always hoped he would return to a Romanian monarchy in place. May his soul rest in peace and may his departure be a reconciliation.:sad::romaniastandard::sad::ohmy::ohmy::sad:

Mbruno 12-05-2017 07:16 AM

Although that outcome had been expected for quite some time now, it is always sad when the day finally comes. My condolences to the family.

Let's hope that the family can get together now and sort out their differences so that progress can be resumed towards a possible restoration of the monarchy in Romania.

Elektra 12-05-2017 07:18 AM

Requiescat in pace. :rose:

Jacknch 12-05-2017 07:20 AM

A very sad and very poignant moment in the history of the Romanian Royal Family.

Indeed, the moment was excepted for quite some time - but it is, nonetheless, something that will affect a great many people in Romania and beyond.

It is the end of a long and complicated era, particularly in regard to the personal lives of the Royal Family. But King Michael achieved a great many things during his life and since the end of communism in Romania.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Royal Family and all Romanian at this time.

Iza Borowiec 12-05-2017 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Death annoucement in English:
Attachment 300843

Blog Real 12-05-2017 08:30 AM

May His Majesty rest in peace. :sad:

Rossina 12-05-2017 08:37 AM

What a sad news.
May his soul rest in peace.:sad:

Rudolph 12-05-2017 08:45 AM

May he rest in peace. Its amazing how the royal houses are related. By my maths Prince William and King Michael are second cousins one removed.

Mbruno 12-05-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2047299)
May he rest in peace. It’s amazing how the royal houses are related. By my maths Prince William and King Michael are second cousins one removed.

Based on his descent from Queen Victoria, King Michael was QEIi's third cousin and, therefore, Prince William would be his third cousin twice removed. Do they have some other closer common ancestor in another line which I am missing ?

I believe there is a chance that the PoW might attend the funeral mass this time as he seems to be quite close to the Rumanians.

JR76 12-05-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 2047306)
Based on his descent from Queen Victoria, King Michael was QEIi's third cousin and, therefore, Prince William would be his third cousin twice removed. Do they have some other closer common ancestor in another line which I am missing ?

I believe there is a chance that the PoW might attend the funeral mass this time as he seems to be quite close to the Rumanians.

The Duke of Edinburgh was the second cousin of Helen of Greece, the mother of King Michael. I don't know how that affects Prince William's relation to him since I find the English system of "cousins" very confusing.

Moonmaiden23 12-05-2017 09:57 AM

It seems yesterday that I was reading about the announcement of the death of HM Queen Anne here at TRF.:sad:

RIP Your Majesty.

Hans-Rickard 12-05-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 2047306)

I think you are correct. Michael is a descendant of both Empress Victoria and Prince Alfred Duke of Edinburgh.

He met his wife Queen Anne at the wedding of Elizabeth (II) and Philip in 1947.

I wouldn't be surprised to see representants from many Royal families at his Funeral Mass. Even from many exiled Royal families. He was often invited to big events.

Blog Real 12-05-2017 10:11 AM

TVR broadcasts special programs dedicated to King Mihai
Rămas bun, Majestate! TVR difuzează programe speciale dedicate Regelui Mihai | TVR.RO
https://translate.google.pt/translat...ate_20970.html

carlfraley 12-05-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR76 (Post 2047309)
The Duke of Edinburgh was the second cousin of Helen of Greece, the mother of King Michael. I don't know how that affects Prince William's relation to him since I find the English system of "cousins" very confusing.

Prince Philip and queen Helen were 1st cousins. Both being children of siblings . They were both grandchildren of HM king George 1st, this maling then 1 st cousins not 2nd

JR76 12-05-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlfraley (Post 2047327)
Prince Philip and queen Helen were 1st cousins. Both being children of siblings . They were both grandchildren of HM king George 1st, this maling then 1 st cousins not 2nd

You're right and proved my point about a confusing system although it's embarrassing that I got even the first degree right... I need more coffee