The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/meghan-markles-fashion-and-style-part-1-november-2017-may-2018-a-43871.html)

duchessrachel 12-20-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaudete (Post 2053867)
I'll admit to being quite interested in what sort of hat Meghan will wear on Christmas Day. She doesn't strike me as someone who has really worn any sort of formal hat before but it's all part of the new uniform. Maybe she'll surprise us all and be a new Queen Beatrix in her taste? ;)

I am so looking forward to seeing the hat. That is one of the things I am most looking forward to about the Royal Christmas this year.

duchessrachel 12-20-2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectator (Post 2053896)
Her makeup doesn't look any different to me.looks the same like the interview one and i havent seen anyone commenting on it.She looks gorgeous.Im in love with those earrings and her dress is really nice.

She looks fabulous!!! It was so great today getting to see both her and Kate. I am so looking forward to following both of their fashion---it will be double the fun!!

Curbside 12-20-2017 11:13 PM

I bet Kate is probably grateful to have some of the interest on someone else for a change.

Countessmeout 12-20-2017 11:27 PM

Not a fan of self portrait often but I quite like the look of this one. :smile:

I think she looked great from what we could see in the car :flowers:

I am looking forward to her hat at Christmas. I am hoping she is like Camilla and Anne, and by that I mean that she rocks a proper hat. I hope she doesn't go all British with fascinators, or into grandma's closet for a pill box hat. Few women can pull them off and look modern. I'd love her to go with a proper stylish hat. Zara would be the cousin if any of them, I'd like to see her shop with for hats. Though she has some awful fascinators, she also has some great actual hats in her closet.

Madame Verseau 12-20-2017 11:29 PM

I love the dress and earrings. She seems more dressed up than the other women there. I wonder if the reason would be that Harry and Meghan's official engagement portrait will be taken at Buckingham Palace?

jacqui24 12-21-2017 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Verseau (Post 2054200)
I love the dress and earrings. She seems more dressed up than the other women there. I wonder if the reason would be that Harry and Meghan's official engagement portrait will be taken at Buckingham Palace?

I donít think they were there long enough for that. She wasnít that dressed up compared to some of the older women. Kate also wore a dress. Itís probably just because itís her first time meeting some of the extended family members.

Curbside 12-21-2017 12:11 AM

There's a joke that Meghan will wear hats like a boss. Southern black ladies are known for their church hat wearing game.

udyusa 12-21-2017 12:40 AM

I think Meghan looked gorgeous in her dress and those earrings are to die for! I look forward to seeing her future outfits....

Zonk 12-21-2017 01:53 AM

I don't think Curbside was using racial humor just stating a fact, although honestly its not just Southern black women its older black women in general. Attend any predominately black church on a Sunday in the States, and you will find black woman of a certain age who are serious about their church hats and God! You could easily pick out at least 10 hats! And let's not talk about Easter!

There was even a coffee table book about it (I own it as well). Its called Crowns Crowns: A Brief History of Church Hats - Photo Essays - TIME .

I have been to a church in LA, and the woman are serious as well. I also believe that Meghan's mother's family is from the South...so if they are invited and attend the wedding...be ready!

Zaira 12-21-2017 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk (Post 2054255)
I don't think Curbside was using racial humor just stating a fact, although honestly its not just Southern black women its older black women in general. Attend any predominately black church on a Sunday in the States, and you will find black woman of a certain age who are serious about their church hats and God! You could easily pick out at least 10 hats! And let's not talk about Easter!

There was even a coffee table book about it (I own it as well). Its called Crowns Crowns: A Brief History of Church Hats - Photo Essays - TIME .

I have been to a church in LA, and the woman are serious as well. I also believe that Meghan's mother's family is from the South...so if they are invited and attend the wedding...be ready!

Very true! My grandma and aunties are particular about their hats!

Zonk 12-21-2017 02:07 AM

I can't wait to see Meghan in a nice formal hat (all I have seen are her vacation hats) and I hope she doesn't join the fascinator club!

In regards to her attire for the luncheon, I thought she looked lovely. Though I thought the top of the dress was a little dressy for the luncheon but I guess since won't know what everyone else wore, who knows? You never see anything but the top of the ladies outfits from their cars.

Either way, its was a lovely dress..and the earrings were on point.

Pranter 12-21-2017 08:24 AM

Meghan is wearing a dress by Ralph and Russo, and a sweater by Victoria Beckham.

Pranter 12-21-2017 08:26 AM

The engagement photos are out! Meghan is wearing a dress by Ralph and Russo, and a sweater by Victoria Beckham.

Harry & Meghan's Official Engagement Photos!

LaRae

Zaira 12-21-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranter (Post 2054358)
meghan is wearing a dress by ralph and russo, and a sweater by victoria beckham.

ralph and russo!!!!

Elly C 12-21-2017 08:31 AM

Love these photos. Megan looks so very elegant in this combination. What treats we have to look forward to from this stylish young woman.

Mirabel 12-21-2017 09:05 AM

I don't like her outfit, the top is too sheer. And it doesn't seem to go with that ruffled skirt.

(I know it isn't really revealing, but I think she should have worn something more demure.)

Duke of Marmalade 12-21-2017 09:09 AM

I like the photo with the sweater, very nice. NOT liking the other outfit, far too transparent/revealing for me on this occasion.

W.Y.CII 12-21-2017 09:09 AM

Yes I don't like her outfit too (especially the top), but it's just a little flaw to me.

An Ard Ri 12-21-2017 09:12 AM

I don't like the sheer part of the dress and I sure there were a lot of gasps from the palace officials at her choice :eek:

M. Payton 12-21-2017 09:47 AM

Good grief, tell me that is a misprint that Meghan has a dress worth 56,000 pounds and I don't care who the designer is. If true that is the most dumbest thing, ridiculous thing ever. And no I do not like this dress, sheer beaded top with feathered skirt or ruffled skirt......hope this is not something forth coming all the time now........:whistling: