The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/meghan-markles-fashion-and-style-part-1-november-2017-may-2018-a-43871.html)

hel 04-06-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2090052)
https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/...rrive-for.html

Meghan today at the Invictus trials.

Meh. Does she need to wear a trench coat to a sporting event? Perhaps a short jacket would of been better in the conditions?

LaRae

With you on the meh. It's only 14C/58F degrees there, so I get why she needs a jacket, but one that went with the jeans and polo would be much better. The trench doesn't, and so she doesn't look styled, just like she grabbed something on the way out the door to deal with the weather.

Pranter 04-06-2018 08:31 AM

Yeah there are lots of options for jackets/coats for an outside event that would go better with her jeans and IG shirt. The constant flying coat from all the wind is distracting too. She should of looked at what Harry's wearing...and how about a pair of flats or something for a sport event instead of heels?

LaRae

Curryong 04-06-2018 09:03 AM

Yes, I definitely think runners for observing a sporting event. I'd also like to have seen more slimline jeans and a short jacket. I've never seen Meghan with a pony tail but if her hair was tied back it wouldn't be flying around all over the place.

Mirabel 04-06-2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2090066)
Yeah there are lots of options for jackets/coats for an outside event that would go better with her jeans and IG shirt. The constant flying coat from all the wind is distracting too. She should of looked at what Harry's wearing...and how about a pair of flats or something for a sport event instead of heels?

LaRae

That's what I was thinking too!
But perhaps without the heels, those black pants (again!) would be sweeping the ground. (I'm not certain that they aren't). :ermm:

Pranter 04-06-2018 09:18 AM

Well yeah the change of shoe might require a different jean..but I'm sure she has more than one pair...and if she didn't have a suitable pair for a flat heel/sneaker she could buy them. The hair bugs me too flying around and of all days it would be good to wear it in a 'messy bun' or pony tail, this would be the day. Not sure what her thought process was...maybe she didn't think it thru very well.

LaRae

Juliette2 04-06-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Meh. Does she need to wear a trench coat to a sporting event? Perhaps a short jacket would of been better in the conditions?

LaRae

How about the heels...? And, the rings, those silly thumb, index rings...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2090087)
Well yeah the change of shoe might require a different jean..but I'm sure she has more than one pair...and if she didn't have a suitable pair for a flat heel/sneaker she could buy them. The hair bugs me too flying around and of all days it would be good to wear it in a 'messy bun' or pony tail, this would be the day. Not sure what her thought process was...maybe she didn't think it thru very well.

LaRae

Yes, yes, and yes. Why doesn't she put her hair in a ponytail??

Pranter 04-06-2018 09:23 AM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend team trials for Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online

More pics

Juliette yeah I commented on the heels...the rings are just something she seems to always wear. Not a fan but whatever on those at least they are very small mostly.

LaRae

Juliette2 04-06-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 2090082)
That's what I was thinking too!
But perhaps without the heels, those black pants (again!) would be sweeping the ground. (I'm not certain that they aren't). :ermm:

Even a thicker, block heel would have been better. Still silly and inappropriate for a track field, but hey, better than stilettos.

(..)

Pranter 04-06-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliette2 (Post 2090093)
Even a thicker, block heel would have been better. Still silly and inappropriate for a track field, but hey, better than stilettos.

Yeah...perhaps next time she's out for something 'sporty' she'll make the adjustments.

LaRae

AdmirerUS 04-06-2018 09:34 AM

Blergh. This is not at all inappropriate or horrid IMO. But it is also blergh.

To be fair, she is wearing IG gear.

jacqui24 04-06-2018 09:39 AM

I don't think it's terrible or inappropriate in any way. I just don't have much opinion on it other than it's fine for the event. Although, I usually don't have much opinion on polo shirt and jeans. Not something I'm ever going to geek out about.

wyevale 04-06-2018 10:04 AM

NOTHING pleases about this..

Pranter 04-06-2018 10:07 AM

wyevale you can't fault her shirt, it's an IG shirt she's probably expected to wear!

LaRae

Marlo 04-06-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

LaRae

Lol, why are you guys complaining? I thought Meghan looked good. She cannot make you guys happy. She is not a Nutella jar. Jessica is not bad btw.

AdmirerUS 04-06-2018 10:21 AM

I am revising my opinion. Thumbs up. She dressed for the participants, not for the press (and royal watchers). Puts the focus on the event and the athletes. Most appropriate for this appearance.

Royal Suitor 04-06-2018 10:55 AM

Nothing surprising here. I knew she'd wear jeans and an Invictus polo. I don't have an issue with the trench, but wish she'd worn a jean cut that didn't require a heel.

Missjersey 04-06-2018 11:07 AM

Another “just threw something on” look to me.

Lady Reem 04-06-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlo (Post 2090113)
Lol, why are you guys complaining? I thought Meghan looked good. She cannot make you guys happy. She is not a Nutella jar. Jessica is not bad btw.

Her fashion sense rocks and she couldnít care less thatís all that matters really :tongue::flowers:

Duchessmary 04-06-2018 11:42 AM

I don't understand all of the black clothing. Bleah. :ermm:

Pranter 04-06-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlo (Post 2090113)

Not true. She has worn some nice looks, and we've stated that when it's happened. Read back thru the thread.

Folks are allowed to disagree about Jessica, opinions vary about many things.

LaRae