The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/meghan-markles-fashion-and-style-part-1-november-2017-may-2018-a-43871.html)

MARG 01-09-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curbside (Post 2061477)
I'd love to see her wear her natural hair.

Now this I don't get. Meghan is wearing her hair styled the way she has throughout her adult life and okay, the messy bun didn't do it for me but perhaps if she'd left it in a ponytail I would have been happier. On the plus side, you can see her face and every emotion that passes over her and she is a joy to watch. I love her curls and waves and am glad she's never been seen to be in the flat ironed brigade.

However, if by "natural" you mean more stereotypical of her biracial roots, then if she did it would merely be a remarked as a PC move as she has never styled her hair that way before.

Lumutqueen 01-09-2018 03:21 PM

So I might have missed it but I haven't seen any actual pictures of the outfit she wore,

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/...5515981135.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/...5511305807.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/...5518138100.jpg

MARG 01-09-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2061640)
When short and/or stockier women wear wide pant legs it can make them look boxy/heavier. Meghan is tall enough and svelte enough to work the wide leg.

LaRae

I have to admit I like her style. It's not like Catherine's, Sophies, or Zara's. It's like a really relaxed Autumn. I love her pants and hope to see her wear them as often as she normally would wear them. They weren't jeans or jeggings and there was nothing remotely "sporty" about them.

I notice with interest that she seems a fan of long coats and, having spent the last seven years in Canada it makes sense. Double the layers with either pants or a skirt and boots. The monochrome look is a very uncluttered line to look at and she seems to suit both the style and the colour.

I really am really looking forward to her "hairstyle" evolution although if she had to wear a messy bun, that was the place to wear it!

Curbside 01-09-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 2061662)
Now this I don't get. Meghan is wearing her hair styled the way she has throughout her adult life and okay, the messy bun didn't do it for me but perhaps if she'd left it in a ponytail I would have been happier. On the plus side, you can see her face and every emotion that passes over her and she is a joy to watch. I love her curls and waves and am glad she's never been seen to be in the flat ironed brigade.

However, if by "natural" you mean more stereotypical of her biracial roots, then if she did it would merely be a remarked as a PC move as she has never styled her hair that way before.

Her natural hair is a mass of loose corkscrews, very thick and buoyant. There's nothing wrong with straightened hair, I just think it would be nice if she wore her natural curls.

Pranter 01-09-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2061661)

Pics are plastered all over Twitter too.

Skippy 01-09-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curbside (Post 2061673)
Her natural hair is a mass of loose corkscrews, very thick and buoyant. There's nothing wrong with straightened hair, I just think it would be nice if she wore her natural curls.

This? https://ugc.reveliststatic.com/gen/fu...9x1ws2qbwe.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2061661)

This one might help you out (from LashawnaRose Twitter):
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTHmX20WAAAuvK8.jpg:large

Pranter 01-09-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 2061672)
I have to admit I like her style. It's not like Catherine's, Sophies, or Zara's. It's like a really relaxed Autumn. I love her pants and hope to see her wear them as often as she normally would wear them. They weren't jeans or jeggings and there was nothing remotely "sporty" about them.

I notice with interest that she seems a fan of long coats and, having spent the last seven years in Canada it makes sense. Double the layers with either pants or a skirt and boots. The monochrome look is a very uncluttered line to look at and she seems to suit both the style and the colour.

I really am really looking forward to her "hairstyle" evolution although if she had to wear a messy bun, that was the place to wear it!

Seems like she's had that coat she wore today for awhile (saw a couple pics of other times she's been out in it) so she's going to be a recycler too!

She has a very specific taste (so far..will be interesting to see what she wears to a formal or tiara event)...I am not sure how to classify it. Chic? That's not quite right but something...anyway so far I have liked most everything (except that white engagement coat!) and her hair today.

Wanting to know more about the delicate bracelet she had on today, plus the earrings and the 3 rings on her right hand...pre Harry or ?

LaRae

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippy (Post 2061680)

That style doesn't seem to suit her persona at all. I hope she stays with the straight hair...probably because I lived thru the era of very curly permed hair and hope it stays in the past.

LaRae

Lumutqueen 01-09-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2061679)
Pics are plastered all over Twitter too.

I did mean in this thread that I hadnít seen the pictures actually posted just talked about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippy (Post 2061683)
This one might help you out (from LashawnaRose Twitter):
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTHmX20WAAAuvK8.jpg:large

Thanks for the bigger image Skippy.

udyusa 01-09-2018 05:43 PM

I must say that I am a big fan of Meghan's wide pants! Not many people can get away with them, imho.

Scarebaby 01-09-2018 05:58 PM

I love what Meghan wore, and find it completely appropriate to the event. I even like the messy bun. Would have liked a bit more of a statement earring. But good grief I wish I could drape a scarf the way she does.

And from time to time I'd love to see color...jewel tones might look amazing with her coloring.

rominet09 01-09-2018 06:07 PM

She was as well dressed as always.... pity there wasn't a beautiful bag this time !

CrownPrincessJava 01-09-2018 06:07 PM

I loved her outfit and messy bun. And nice to see she's helping out Prince Harry with his style too ;)

Elly C 01-09-2018 06:24 PM

So glad to see a (soon to be) member of the British Royal Family wearing trousers that aren't skinny jeans/leggings to an engagement. She looks great and so comfortable. The scarf is a lovely accessory too.

Somebody 01-09-2018 06:48 PM

I totally agree; have never been a fan of Catherine's version of trousers. Meghan's style has some similarities to Stephanie of Luxembourg's choices.

evolvingdoors 01-09-2018 06:50 PM

I found the outfit overall fitting the occasion, I tried to see how much the pants cost but they are sold - out.
But I am not a fan of her choice of monochrome colors- I personally love color (hence why the queen outfits are my favorite. The all black, really? Sure it’s very European chic, but... I think I would have liked it if the sweater would have been at the very least a vibrant blue or white or very light gray or green (may similar shade to the interview dress)

For someone who ran a fashion and lifestyle website and had a clothing line, I find her fashion choices since the first outing very very conservative and on the safe side. After the engagement announcement outfit (white coat, dark green dress: perfection!) I was like: ohh this will be fun, yey. Umm, Nope.

The outfits are wonderfully assembled, very chic (minus that hideous velvet dress on Christmas, that is crime against fashion and that dress needs to be thrown than burned), but she has such lovely skin color and tone for colors.

And yes to more outfits with pants.

cepe 01-09-2018 07:14 PM

I'm probably on my own on this one. She looked ok - sort of thing I'd wear going shopping.

It didn't look like she'd made any particular effort at all which surprised me. And I don't like the "messy bun"

But on the other hand, she is just starting out and early days must be nerve-wracking. Agree with many posters on wanting to see even just a pop of colour.

Look forward to seeing how she progresses.

AdmirerUS 01-09-2018 07:19 PM

Those trousers had most excellent movement. If you are wearing a wide leg, pick a oomphy fabric like this so that the leg fabric moves with you but does not cling. And they were the perfect length. Bringing me to my next question.

Did anyone figure out if the shoes were a simple pump - or something more stylish? I will be sad if she gets co-opted in the Valley of Royals who wear court shoes almost all the time. It's a really big shoe world out there and I like royals that explore that just a bit. :flowers:

O-H Anglophile 01-09-2018 07:22 PM

I really liked Meghan's look today. She looked very much like herself, much more so than she did on Christmas. Very chic.

The messy bun didn't bother me, my adult daughter wears her hair like that a lot.

jacqui24 01-09-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 2061721)
Those trousers had most excellent movement. If you are wearing a wide leg, pick a oomphy fabric like this so that the leg fabric moves with you but does not cling. And they were the perfect length. Bringing me to my next question.

Did anyone figure out if the shoes were a simple pump - or something more stylish? I will be sad if she gets co-opted in the Valley of Royals who wear court shoes almost all the time. It's a really big shoe world out there and I like royals that explore that just a bit. :flowers:

The shoes have been identified as Sarah Flint pumps.

Meghan's Fashion - What Meghan Markle Wore

Pranter 01-09-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 2061719)
I'm probably on my own on this one. She looked ok - sort of thing I'd wear going shopping.

It didn't look like she'd made any particular effort at all which surprised me. And I don't like the "messy bun"

But on the other hand, she is just starting out and early days must be nerve-wracking. Agree with many posters on wanting to see even just a pop of colour.

Look forward to seeing how she progresses.

Right now it seems like she's re-cycling (the 2 events she's had so far) what she already owns and has worn before. Perhaps after they marry she will bring in some new things like what we saw her do at Sandringham.

LaRae