The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/harry-and-meghan-wedding-suggestions-and-musings-43846.html)

Humbugged 11-27-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2041315)
I think we should know soon (week or two?) when and where.

I am pulling for The Abbey!

I'd like to see Clarence or something other than 'ex' in the title.

LaRae

Because of the continuing speculation Clarence will never be used again .

Meghan also has 2 god children and then there is the Mulroney kids as far as child attendants go .As far as adults on her side she was the MOH at her college BFF's wedding and then there is her niece who she is super close to .

MichelleQ2 11-27-2017 08:25 AM

Interesting that Windsor castle is closed completely to the public on April 20 and that the state apts are closed from tours on April 19th and 21st. One of the many articles this weekend mentioned this and I thought could possibly be very telling

Pranter 11-27-2017 08:26 AM

Hmmmmmm curious.

LaRae

Molly2101 11-27-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 (Post 2041411)
Interesting that Windsor castle is closed completely to the public on April 20 and that the state apts are closed from tours on April 19th and 21st. One of the many articles this weekend mentioned this and I thought could possibly be very telling

That is interesting and it makes me think that weekend is the one of choice then. That could also be closed though as that is the Queen's birthday weekend.

RoyalProtocol 11-27-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 2041418)
That is interesting and it makes me think that weekend is the one of choice then. That could also be closed though as that is the Queen's birthday weekend.

I reckon it will be on April. They will want to avoid May as the Cambridge’s did.

“Marry in May and rue the day” is an old saying. The Church also does not tend to like weddings in Lent.

LadyGlendower 11-27-2017 08:39 AM

St. George's for the win! (and for the ease of Her Majesty and HRH Phillip)

Tiaras AND Tindalls, please!

so excited----and visiting with all of you is such good fun:flowers:

HRHHermione 11-27-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol (Post 2041422)
I reckon it will be on April. They will want to avoid May as the Cambridge’s did.

“Marry in May and rue the day” is an old saying. The Church also does not tend to like weddings in Lent.

There is absolutely no reason to avoid May as a month. Other royal couples have been married in May.

Molly2101 11-27-2017 09:22 AM

As regards to April, the Commonwealth Games are in April next year in Australia. They run from 5th - 15th April so I would rule out any dates around then. Charles and Camilla are attending the games as is Edward.

O-H Anglophile 11-27-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol (Post 2041422)

My bet is on May for the wedding, with a very offside chance of really late April or early June. I was married in May over 30 years ago--it is a good month for a wedding.

Lent 2018 is over March 31, so no worries for May from the Church.

Rudolph 11-27-2017 09:53 AM

Aides say it will be a ‘happy church wedding’

Pranter 11-27-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2041565)
Aides say it will be a ‘happy church wedding’

The Archbishop of C. indicated they will be married in a Church too in his congratulation statement.

LaRae

jacqui24 11-27-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 (Post 2041411)

That's the weekend of the Queen's birthday.

Rudolph 11-27-2017 11:01 AM

Theresa May's spokesman says "there are no plans for a bank holiday" to celebrate the wedding

Missjersey 11-27-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyGlendower (Post 2041430)
St. George's for the win! (and for the ease of Her Majesty and HRH Phillip)

Tiaras AND Tindalls, please!

so excited----and visiting with all of you is such good fun:flowers:

Ditto! Sounds perfect

TLLK 11-27-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 2041340)
I really hope they marry at St George's Chapel as it is much more intimate. I feel Harry will follow in his uncle Edward's footsteps and be much more private with his life. Harry's children will not be Prince or Princess due to current Letter's Patent and I sincerely hope they do not change those to include Harry's children. Many other Monarchies limit the HRH style to the eldest children of the Heir Apparent and the rest are HH or not titled at all. I think this is the way forward.

In terms of attendants George and Charlotte are a given. Does Harry have any godchildren? I can see Savannah or Isla Phillips or Mia Tindall being chosen as they are the only "little girls" within the family and they always seem to have a family member or two in the mix. James, Viscount Severn will be 10 at the time so perhaps he's a bit "too old" to be chosen, which is why I think godchildren, if Harry has any, will be chosen.

Edit: I have just googled and I know Tiggy Legge Bourke's son Fred is one of Harry's godchildren but I believe he is about 15/16 so I might not count him as being chosen.

I agree Molly that if there is a St. George's wedding, that it will be very similar to Edward and Sophie's 1999 wedding.:smile:

MaiaMia_53 11-27-2017 11:19 AM

Camilla Tominey keeps saying that the wedding will take place before the Cambridge baby is born. But late March seems early, with the possibility of not so nice weather. So perhaps in late April after the baby is born.

Camilla's reasoning doesn't seem to hold much water. She speaks about it on the last part of this segment on Sky News:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z7loDKJO8g

O-H Anglophile 11-27-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 (Post 2041659)
Camilla Tominey keeps saying that the wedding will take place before the Cambridge baby is born. But late March seems early, with the possibility of not so nice weather. So perhaps in late April after the baby is born.

Camilla's reasoning doesn't seem to hold much water. She speaks about it on the last part of this segment on Sky News:

Ok, I listened to it. That is nuts!

Kate would not be bringing an infant to the wedding, so she would not be holding a baby while wrangling George and Charlotte.

(And a March wedding would be in the middle of Lent.)

FashionMaven 11-27-2017 11:56 AM

I would love to see an Abbey wedding. I've read the speculation that Harry will follow Edward's lead - but he could also follow Andrew's lead too...

I'd be very sad not to get the balcony kiss and the procession through the streets of London...

But whatever they think is best.

I wonder who will design her gown? And what tiara she will wear?

akina21 11-27-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaira (Post 2041383)
I am going with mid-late May. I personally think Kate is really due mid-late March. The palace always gives slightly off due month information to stem some of the media frenzy. May gives Kate time to recover and rest up.

No they don't . They were spot on with George and Charlotte, with Charlotte being a bit late as they had to extend that parking space thing in front of the hospital . I think Kate is due late April , going by when the announcement of the birth month was made and comparing that to how it went with the older children .

Molly2101 11-27-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FashionMaven (Post 2041698)
I would love to see an Abbey wedding. I've read the speculation that Harry will follow Edward's lead - but he could also follow Andrew's lead too...

I'd be very sad not to get the balcony kiss and the procession through the streets of London...

But whatever they think is best.

I wonder who will design her gown? And what tiara she will wear?

He could follow Andrew's lead but I have a funny feeling Harry is much more keen for a private life. After all he did release a statement asking the press to "back off", something Edward did as well in 1993.

Harry seems to me to be someone who likes his life to be private and will only share what he needs to share now. Their wedding, regardless of where it is, will be televised and a public affair, but I can also see Harry liking Edward's low key wedding and no balcony appearance.