The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/harry-and-meghan-wedding-suggestions-and-musings-43846.html)

Lumutqueen 05-19-2018 04:38 AM

Meghan will leave Cliveden House in one of The Queens State Bentleys and drive straight to St Georges Chapel to meet her page boys and flower girls.

wyevale 05-19-2018 04:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My chums [have bagged their spot at the bottom of the Long Walk, and have promised to send further pictures that I will post here..

Osipi 05-19-2018 04:44 AM

Oh wonderful, wyevale! Kind of lets all of us feel what its like to actually be there. :biggrin: Much appreciated.

Watching coverage, they've just shown the floral arch that Meghan will pass through as she leaves the nave for the quire. Where she meets up with Prince Charles. Its made of white roses and symbolic of including Harry's mother into the ceremony. I love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2110487)
Meghan will leave Cliveden House in one of The Queens State Bentleys and drive straight to St Georges Chapel to meet her page boys and flower girls.

Any word on whether or not Doria will be with her? I'm hoping that hasn't changed.

Lumutqueen 05-19-2018 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2110493)
Any word on whether or not Doria will be with her? I'm hoping that hasn't changed.

I'm assuming she'll be in the car else it would be silly for Doria to travel to the same place alone. :flowers:

I will report back :lol::lol:

Terri Terri 05-19-2018 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 2110491)
My chums [have bagged their spot at the bottom of the Long Walk, and have promised to send further pictures that I will post here..

Tbank your friends for us wyevale! Given their generosity, I hope they get that perfect photo so they can benefit financially like the lady from the Sandringham Christmas!

Osipi 05-19-2018 04:56 AM

Live coverage about to begin. Going to refresh coffee and just glue my eyes to the coverage. Enjoy the wedding everybody and God Save The Queen! :flowers:

Jacknch 05-19-2018 04:56 AM

Please note that posts related to the future of the monarchy, Meghan's future role within the Royal Family etc have been deleted. This thread is to discuss the wedding. There are other threads available to talk about there topics.

Please be aware that posts made to cause disruption or to take the thread off-topic will be deleted without notice.

Sun Lion 05-19-2018 04:57 AM

Harry on his way - Daily Mail has clip of vehicles in it's report on the new titiles.

PtahHotep 05-19-2018 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Lion (Post 2110511)
Harry on his way - Daily Mail has clip of vehicles in it's report on the new titiles.

He must look dashing in whatever he is wearing...........:flowers::flowers:

Sunnystar 05-19-2018 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2110508)
Live coverage about to begin. Going to refresh coffee and just glue my eyes to the coverage. Enjoy the wedding everybody and God Save The Queen! :flowers:

CNN has been live with "Countdown to the Royal Wedding" for at least the last hour, and I've been watching it but I'll probably start channel surfing in a bit when more of the networks start their live coverage.

I'm going to be EXHAUSTED and sleep all day after this is over. I'm already running on fumes but I have ice cream to keep me going (Tillamook dark chocolate & raspberry bars)!

EloisevonLippe 05-19-2018 05:00 AM

I'm up! Streaming on Sky Live at the moment! It's just started and I am loving it :biggrin:

jacqui24 05-19-2018 05:00 AM

Holy crap, Sky News did a aerial shot down the Long Walk, there are A LOT of people.

Sun Lion 05-19-2018 05:01 AM

Just saw that Oprah Winfrey is dropping hints she is a wedding guest.

(And Serena Williams has confirmed she is going.)

PtahHotep 05-19-2018 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnystar (Post 2110517)
CNN has been live with "Countdown to the Royal Wedding" for at least the last hour, and I've been watching it but I'll probably start channel surfing in a bit when more of the networks start their live coverage.

I'm going to be EXHAUSTED and sleep all day after this is over. I'm already running on fumes but I have ice cream to keep me going (Tillamook dark chocolate & raspberry bars)!

Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daenys 05-19-2018 05:01 AM

Serena Williams is posting to her instagram stories how she prepares to the wedding. She says "my friend's wedding" and she doesn't put "royalwedding" tag :D

Charlotte_Aster 05-19-2018 05:01 AM

BBC has started its official wedding broadcast!!!
It's getting started!!! :clap:

Lumutqueen 05-19-2018 05:04 AM

This is the link with the video of Henry reportedly leaving Coworth Park:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ss-Sussex.html

Sun Lion 05-19-2018 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PtahHotep (Post 2110516)
He must look dashing in whatever he is wearing...........:flowers::flowers:

Clip was too fast for my eyes PtahHotep - and I'm not technical enough to freeze frame it

Should be live coverage on the telly soon, they won't want to miss the groom arriving I hope.

Terri Terri 05-19-2018 05:06 AM

WOW!! Watching BBC! That is a lot of people!!!!

Lumutqueen 05-19-2018 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Lion (Post 2110536)
Clip was too fast for my eyes PtahHotep - and I'm not technical enough to freeze frame it

Should be live coverage on the telly soon, they won't want to miss the groom arriving I hope.

He was transported in blacked out vehicles, we won't see Henry until he leaves Windsor which will be in just over 2 hours time. :flowers:

EloisevonLippe 05-19-2018 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2110541)
He was transported in blacked out vehicles, we won't see Henry until he leaves Windsor which will be in just over 2 hours time. :flowers:

Ahhh! I was trying to make out some detail but thought my eyes weren't too good. :lol:

Lisbet 05-19-2018 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria (Post 2110397)
Guten Morgen to my friends in Deutschland. You lot seem to be the first ones up.

I could hardly sleep, getting only a few hours here and there. YAY!!! It's wedding day.

Yes! It's finally here! I feel like Diana is up there, looking down. She'd be so happy today.:wub:

Sun Lion 05-19-2018 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2110541)

Thanks Lumutqueen.

I hope Meghan's windows aren't also blacked out - but maybe until she's inside the castle.

Disappointing for fans along the route to just see the cars.

And new photos - and a video clip - of the fantastic floral arches. (Don't open if you don't want to spoil the suprise, so beautiful though.)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...angements.html

PetticoatLane 05-19-2018 05:15 AM

Happy news! The thing Brits worry about most in the lead up to a wedding - the weather is fantastic!

Windsor looks stunning, particularly from the studios Sky News and the BBC have.

I will admit though that I am watching with the sound turned down as I hate all the nonsensical filler these journalists have to do.

Lisbet 05-19-2018 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Lion (Post 2110547)
Thanks Lumutqueen.

I hope Meghan's windows aren't also blacked out - but maybe until she's inside the castle.

Gosh how I wish I was there!

Lumutqueen 05-19-2018 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Lion (Post 2110547)
Thanks Lumutqueen.

As previously mentioned Meghan will go straight from Cliveden to St Georges in a Queens State Bentley. :flowers:

Henry is seemingly going to Windsor first, and then is walking some of the way to St Georges. :flowers:

jacqui24 05-19-2018 05:19 AM

https://twitter.com/halfadams/status/997722693934944257

70 years ago my grandparents, Patricia and Cedric Marsh were married in a small service in Windsor, England. Just found that out. Already getting misty... #royalwedding

Lisbet 05-19-2018 05:22 AM

Watching the live stream. It looks like a GLORIOUS day! So happy for them.

Lee-Z 05-19-2018 05:26 AM

Groceries: check
Laundry: check
Bathrooms cleaned: check

TV on!
:lol:

(and okay, the folding of the laundry will be done in front of the tv ;) )

Lovely day for it in London!

LadyS 05-19-2018 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 2110367)
And usually the use all names so should it not Henry Charles Albert David

I must say that is one small aspect I am disappointed in - the couple not using their full given names - but it is just my opinion as I like that formality and realistically its about the only time you hear all the names used in public.

On another point I thought that the bride and groom had to say their names in full as a legal requirement? But that could just be in different countries.

Otherwise I'm just excited to watch the whole event unfold :flowers: (however it happens and whatever names they use :D )

Curryong 05-19-2018 05:27 AM

Please, please, let Harry be wearing a uniform!

Royal_Janice 05-19-2018 05:29 AM

St. Georges Chapel is absolutely phenomenal, this service will be stunning.

cdm 05-19-2018 05:30 AM

Suggesting and musing is over!

Could some of the events of yesterday maybe moved to the miscellania thread? I think it will get lost in this huge thread.

PleasantPastures 05-19-2018 05:31 AM

https://www.lyst.com/fashion-royalty/meghan-markle

So who's fashion queen then? Kate has brought a whole new fashion sense to the Windsor household, but Meghan is just so classy and brings style to the antiquated Royal Family wardrobe.

I suppose her influence from across the pond will make her stand out from Kate, the Queen etc. Can't wait to see what outfits we see from her. What do you guys think?

LadyS 05-19-2018 05:37 AM

Does anyone know when they will be releasing the guest list?

Daenys 05-19-2018 05:40 AM

Will the full list of guests ever published?

Charlotte_Aster 05-19-2018 06:02 AM

Information about the wedding rings:
https://www.royal.uk/prince-harry-an...-wedding-rings

Zonk 05-19-2018 06:06 AM

Please note that all discussion regarding the guests arrival have been moved to https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...sts-44848.html

soapstar 05-19-2018 07:37 AM

Posts discussing Meghan's wedding dress and tiara have been moved to the appropriate wedding threads.