The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/harry-and-meghan-wedding-suggestions-and-musings-43846.html)

soapstar 11-26-2017 04:43 PM

Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

Welcome to the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Wedding Suggestions and Musings thread.

You may use this thread to discuss a variety of things that relate to the wedding: possible location of the wedding, the music, attendants, guests, etc.

There are separate threads to discuss the wedding dress and the wedding jewelry and tiaras.

A separate 'Official Wedding Information' thread will be opened when a date is set and the Palace starts releasing official news.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British Forum moderators and/or TRF administrators.

principessa 11-27-2017 06:42 AM

I guess they will marry in May at Westminster Abbey. The Duke of Cambridge will act as Harrys best man and Prince George and Princess Charlotte are page boy and flower girl.

The Queen will create them as TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Earl and Countess of Menteith and Baron and Baroness X.

The reception will take place at Buckingham Palace.

Pranter 11-27-2017 06:57 AM

I think we should know soon (week or two?) when and where.

I am pulling for The Abbey!

I'd like to see Clarence or something other than 'ex' in the title.

LaRae

jacqui24 11-27-2017 07:06 AM

Judging by PoW’s announcement, St. George is a real possibility. If that’s the case, the only thing I’d be disappointed about is the balcony kiss.

Curryong 11-27-2017 07:11 AM

Please let it not be too non traditional. I want creamy gown, a tiara, bells, small bridesmaids and pageboys, Harry in his uniform....!

Molly2101 11-27-2017 07:19 AM

I really hope they marry at St George's Chapel as it is much more intimate. I feel Harry will follow in his uncle Edward's footsteps and be much more private with his life. Harry's children will not be Prince or Princess due to current Letter's Patent and I sincerely hope they do not change those to include Harry's children. Many other Monarchies limit the HRH style to the eldest children of the Heir Apparent and the rest are HH or not titled at all. I think this is the way forward.

In terms of attendants George and Charlotte are a given. Does Harry have any godchildren? I can see Savannah or Isla Phillips or Mia Tindall being chosen as they are the only "little girls" within the family and they always seem to have a family member or two in the mix. James, Viscount Severn will be 10 at the time so perhaps he's a bit "too old" to be chosen, which is why I think godchildren, if Harry has any, will be chosen.

Edit: I have just googled and I know Tiggy Legge Bourke's son Fred is one of Harry's godchildren but I believe he is about 15/16 so I might not count him as being chosen.

Bine221 11-27-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2041331)
Please let it not be too non traditional. I want creamy gown, a tiara, bells, small bridesmaids and pageboys, Harry in his uniform....!

You will get everything, I am sure :flowers::flowers::flowers:.
And as a Bonus: George and Charlotte again as Bridesmaid and Pageboy
BYe Bine

Pranter 11-27-2017 07:26 AM

Isn't the little Meade boy Harry's godson?

LaRae

Molly2101 11-27-2017 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2041352)
Isn't the little Meade boy Harry's godson?

LaRae

After some googling I have ascertained he has "5 or 6" godchildren as per Harry in April 2017. I imagine some of them are small enough to be included. One of them is 5 year old Jasper George Galloway Dyer, the son of Prince Charles' former equerry Captain Mark William Galloway Dyer.

Marty91charmed 11-27-2017 07:29 AM

Rumours has it the marriage could take place before Kate gives birth but I think that a late May/early June wedding os more likely...

Pranter 11-27-2017 07:45 AM

Well the announcement said Spring. May/June are not Spring...maybe May..early May.

LaRae

Marty91charmed 11-27-2017 07:49 AM

Summer begins on June 23rd... XD

miss whirley 11-27-2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 2041358)
Rumours has it the marriage could take place before Kate gives birth but I think that a late May/early June wedding os more likely...

I don't think it will be early June with Trooping the Colour being on June 9th.

Marty91charmed 11-27-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss whirley (Post 2041376)
I don't think it will be early June with Trooping the Colour being on June 9th.

Maybe. My istinct says May but we'll see.

Molly2101 11-27-2017 07:56 AM

There are few dates in June we can rule out:

9th - Trooping the Colour
18th - Order of the Garter
19th - Anniversary of Edward and Sophie (I can't see the Windsor's using the same wedding dates as other family members as there are so many other dates available.)
19th-23rd - Royal Ascot.

So they could do it the week before Trooping the Colour. I imagine it will take place on a Saturday as this wedding is unlikely to be a Bank Holiday. They could do 2nd June or 16th June if it's on a Saturday.

QUEENECE29 11-27-2017 07:56 AM

My guess is : Royal wedding its also Westminster Abbey.
Prince William, Harry's best man. Prince George & Princess Charlotte are page boy and flower girl.
Wedding date : 05 or 12 May 2018

Zaira 11-27-2017 07:57 AM

I am going with mid-late May. I personally think Kate is really due mid-late March. The palace always gives slightly off due month information to stem some of the media frenzy. May gives Kate time to recover and rest up.

jacqui24 11-27-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 2041381)
There are few dates in June we can rule out:

9th - Trooping the Colour
18th - Order of the Garter
19th - Anniversary of Edward and Sophie (I can't see the Windsor's using the same wedding dates as other family members as there are so many other dates available.)
19th-23rd - Royal Ascot.

So they could do it the week before Trooping the Colour. I imagine it will take place on a Saturday as this wedding is unlikely to be a Bank Holiday. They could do 2nd June or 16th June if it's on a Saturday.

I believe May 28th is already a bank holiday. Could be that weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 2041355)
After some googling I have ascertained he has "5 or 6" godchildren as per Harry in April 2017. I imagine some of them are small enough to be included. One of them is 5 year old Jasper George Galloway Dyer, the son of Prince Charles' former equerry Captain Mark William Galloway Dyer.

I’d be very surprised if Ivy Mulroney isn’t part of the wedding party.

Pranter 11-27-2017 08:07 AM

Hmmm well they know the due date for Kate....so I'm going to say late April or early May.

LaRae

miss whirley 11-27-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaira (Post 2041383)
I am going with mid-late May. I personally think Kate is really due mid-late March. The palace always gives slightly off due month information to stem some of the media frenzy. May gives Kate time to recover and rest up.

I don't think they give a slightly off info. I think she tend tends to carry her children a few days over the expected date.

For George it was said in the press he was due mid-July and he came July 22nd. Charlotte was late April and she arrived May 2nd. Each time a few days off, and each time later then expected. So following this pattern C3 will arrive in April unless he/she is expected in late April, then he/she might arrive early May.

Humbugged 11-27-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2041315)
I think we should know soon (week or two?) when and where.

I am pulling for The Abbey!

I'd like to see Clarence or something other than 'ex' in the title.

LaRae

Because of the continuing speculation Clarence will never be used again .

Meghan also has 2 god children and then there is the Mulroney kids as far as child attendants go .As far as adults on her side she was the MOH at her college BFF's wedding and then there is her niece who she is super close to .

MichelleQ2 11-27-2017 08:25 AM

Interesting that Windsor castle is closed completely to the public on April 20 and that the state apts are closed from tours on April 19th and 21st. One of the many articles this weekend mentioned this and I thought could possibly be very telling

Pranter 11-27-2017 08:26 AM

Hmmmmmm curious.

LaRae

Molly2101 11-27-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 (Post 2041411)
Interesting that Windsor castle is closed completely to the public on April 20 and that the state apts are closed from tours on April 19th and 21st. One of the many articles this weekend mentioned this and I thought could possibly be very telling

That is interesting and it makes me think that weekend is the one of choice then. That could also be closed though as that is the Queen's birthday weekend.

RoyalProtocol 11-27-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 2041418)
That is interesting and it makes me think that weekend is the one of choice then. That could also be closed though as that is the Queen's birthday weekend.

I reckon it will be on April. They will want to avoid May as the Cambridge’s did.

“Marry in May and rue the day” is an old saying. The Church also does not tend to like weddings in Lent.

LadyGlendower 11-27-2017 08:39 AM

St. George's for the win! (and for the ease of Her Majesty and HRH Phillip)

Tiaras AND Tindalls, please!

so excited----and visiting with all of you is such good fun:flowers:

HRHHermione 11-27-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol (Post 2041422)
I reckon it will be on April. They will want to avoid May as the Cambridge’s did.

“Marry in May and rue the day” is an old saying. The Church also does not tend to like weddings in Lent.

There is absolutely no reason to avoid May as a month. Other royal couples have been married in May.

Molly2101 11-27-2017 09:22 AM

As regards to April, the Commonwealth Games are in April next year in Australia. They run from 5th - 15th April so I would rule out any dates around then. Charles and Camilla are attending the games as is Edward.

O-H Anglophile 11-27-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol (Post 2041422)

My bet is on May for the wedding, with a very offside chance of really late April or early June. I was married in May over 30 years ago--it is a good month for a wedding.

Lent 2018 is over March 31, so no worries for May from the Church.

Rudolph 11-27-2017 09:53 AM

Aides say it will be a ‘happy church wedding’

Pranter 11-27-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2041565)
Aides say it will be a ‘happy church wedding’

The Archbishop of C. indicated they will be married in a Church too in his congratulation statement.

LaRae

jacqui24 11-27-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 (Post 2041411)

That's the weekend of the Queen's birthday.

Rudolph 11-27-2017 11:01 AM

Theresa May's spokesman says "there are no plans for a bank holiday" to celebrate the wedding

Missjersey 11-27-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyGlendower (Post 2041430)
St. George's for the win! (and for the ease of Her Majesty and HRH Phillip)

Tiaras AND Tindalls, please!

so excited----and visiting with all of you is such good fun:flowers:

Ditto! Sounds perfect

TLLK 11-27-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 2041340)
I really hope they marry at St George's Chapel as it is much more intimate. I feel Harry will follow in his uncle Edward's footsteps and be much more private with his life. Harry's children will not be Prince or Princess due to current Letter's Patent and I sincerely hope they do not change those to include Harry's children. Many other Monarchies limit the HRH style to the eldest children of the Heir Apparent and the rest are HH or not titled at all. I think this is the way forward.

In terms of attendants George and Charlotte are a given. Does Harry have any godchildren? I can see Savannah or Isla Phillips or Mia Tindall being chosen as they are the only "little girls" within the family and they always seem to have a family member or two in the mix. James, Viscount Severn will be 10 at the time so perhaps he's a bit "too old" to be chosen, which is why I think godchildren, if Harry has any, will be chosen.

Edit: I have just googled and I know Tiggy Legge Bourke's son Fred is one of Harry's godchildren but I believe he is about 15/16 so I might not count him as being chosen.

I agree Molly that if there is a St. George's wedding, that it will be very similar to Edward and Sophie's 1999 wedding.:smile:

MaiaMia_53 11-27-2017 11:19 AM

Camilla Tominey keeps saying that the wedding will take place before the Cambridge baby is born. But late March seems early, with the possibility of not so nice weather. So perhaps in late April after the baby is born.

Camilla's reasoning doesn't seem to hold much water. She speaks about it on the last part of this segment on Sky News:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z7loDKJO8g

O-H Anglophile 11-27-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 (Post 2041659)
Camilla Tominey keeps saying that the wedding will take place before the Cambridge baby is born. But late March seems early, with the possibility of not so nice weather. So perhaps in late April after the baby is born.

Camilla's reasoning doesn't seem to hold much water. She speaks about it on the last part of this segment on Sky News:

Ok, I listened to it. That is nuts!

Kate would not be bringing an infant to the wedding, so she would not be holding a baby while wrangling George and Charlotte.

(And a March wedding would be in the middle of Lent.)

FashionMaven 11-27-2017 11:56 AM

I would love to see an Abbey wedding. I've read the speculation that Harry will follow Edward's lead - but he could also follow Andrew's lead too...

I'd be very sad not to get the balcony kiss and the procession through the streets of London...

But whatever they think is best.

I wonder who will design her gown? And what tiara she will wear?

akina21 11-27-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaira (Post 2041383)

No they don't . They were spot on with George and Charlotte, with Charlotte being a bit late as they had to extend that parking space thing in front of the hospital . I think Kate is due late April , going by when the announcement of the birth month was made and comparing that to how it went with the older children .

Molly2101 11-27-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FashionMaven (Post 2041698)
I would love to see an Abbey wedding. I've read the speculation that Harry will follow Edward's lead - but he could also follow Andrew's lead too...

I'd be very sad not to get the balcony kiss and the procession through the streets of London...

But whatever they think is best.

I wonder who will design her gown? And what tiara she will wear?

He could follow Andrew's lead but I have a funny feeling Harry is much more keen for a private life. After all he did release a statement asking the press to "back off", something Edward did as well in 1993.

Harry seems to me to be someone who likes his life to be private and will only share what he needs to share now. Their wedding, regardless of where it is, will be televised and a public affair, but I can also see Harry liking Edward's low key wedding and no balcony appearance.

Mbruno 11-27-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 2041507)
There is absolutely no reason to avoid May as a month. Other royal couples have been married in May.

It has been announced that they will marry in the spring of 2018. Since it is unlikely they will marry before Easter and before William's third child is born, I'd say that there is a great chance the wedding will be in May.

Somebody 11-27-2017 12:35 PM

Osipi brought up the interesting question whether Harry will decide to wear a wedding band as well or decide against it (following the lead of his brother). What do you think?

I hope he does but that is more due to personal preference than anything else.

Rudolph 11-27-2017 12:41 PM

Not wearing a wedding band isn’t really William’s lead. The Duke of Edinburgh doesn’t wear one nor do many men of the upper class. Former PM David Cameron doesn’t wear one.

Molly2101 11-27-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2041727)
Not wearing a wedding band isn’t really William’s lead. The Duke of Edinburgh doesn’t wear one nor do many men of the upper class. Former PM David Cameron doesn’t wear one.

I'm sure Prince Philip did wear one to begin with though.

jacqui24 11-27-2017 12:44 PM

I think Harry will wear a wedding ring.

Somebody 11-27-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2041727)

Interesting. Do you know why? What is the background of this tradition? Did they feel they were 'above' it? Has it any relationship with upper-class men in the past not being frowned upon when not keeping (and sometimes never having the intention to - Charles is an example) their wedding vows?

Edit for clarification: I am not suggesting that anyone following this tradition would do it for the same reasons as when the tradition first started; I am just wondering what started it in the first place.

ROYAL NORWAY 11-27-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 2041631)
Theresa May's spokesman says "there are no plans for a bank holiday" to celebrate the wedding

More about it:

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter
Downing Street says Andrew's wedding in 1986 and Edward's in 1999 were not public holidays. But there was a bank holiday for Anne's first wedding in 1973.

I already knew, but thanks to Downing Street and that Palmer guy for telling us.

Nico 11-27-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2041739)
Interesting. Do you know why? What is the background of this tradition? Did they feel they were 'above' it? Has it any relationship with upper-class men in the past not being frowned upon when not keeping (and sometimes never having the intention to - Charles is an example) their wedding vows?

You're playing a dangerous game with your insinuations.
And it's not the first time ...

Somebody 11-27-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 2041748)
You're playing a dangerous game with your insinuations.
And it's not the first time ...

I am not trying to suggest that William is unfaithful at all or would like to keep that option open - I probably should have added that I don't think that someone going by that tradition nowadays would do that for the same reasons (and I am not sure what you are referring to with 'not the first time'). I was just wondering about where the tradition comes from? Do you know?

If you talk about my reference to Charles; I was thinking about Charles himself wondering why he should be the first prince of Wales without a mistress. While I do hold him accountable for his behavior during his marriage (as well as any other person who is married); I also feel for him in that he might have felt trapped with all the expectations laid upon him regarding an 'acceptable partner'.

So, for now I am mainly happy that Harry and Meghan found each other and are clearly marrying out of love while also taking their duties seriously. And whether Harry choses to wear a wedding band or not, doesn't change that but it is still an interesting little detail.

duchessrachel 11-27-2017 01:40 PM

I am guessing he will wear a wedding band out of respect that Meghan is American, and most men do in America.

O-H Anglophile 11-27-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2041816)
I am not trying to suggest that William is unfaithful at all or would like to keep that option open - I probably should have added that I don't think that someone going by that tradition nowadays would do that for the same reasons (and I am not sure what you are referring to with 'not the first time'). I was just wondering about where the tradition comes from? Do you know?

If you talk about my reference to Charles; I was thinking about Charles himself wondering why he should be the first prince of Wales without a mistress. While I do hold him accountable for his behavior during his marriage (as well as any other person who is married); I also feel for him in that he might have felt trapped with all the expectations laid upon him regarding an 'acceptable partner'.

So, for now I am mainly happy that Harry and Meghan found each other and are clearly marrying out of love while also taking their duties seriously. And whether Harry choses to wear a wedding band or not, doesn't change that but it is still an interesting little detail.

But Charles did wear a wedding ring after he married Diana and he does now as well, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchessrachel (Post 2041817)
I am guessing he will wear a wedding band out of respect that Meghan is American, and most men do in America.

I wouldn't say most, I know many who don't, some because they are in jobs where a ring is dangerous to have one on your finger.

Whether Harry wears a wedding ring or not is his personal decision.

Somebody 11-27-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile (Post 2041838)
But Charles did wear a wedding ring after he married Diana and he does now as well, so I'm not sure what you mean.

I was mainly trying to say that it seemed as if fidelity was not seen as an important virtue in the upper class; and as 'not wearing a wedding ring' is apparently quite common among men of the upper class I wondered whether there was a relation.

So far, it seems that nobody knows why especially a large percentage of upper class men do not wear a wedding band in the UK? It could also be because they were so well known in their area that everyone would know that they were married (but that would also apply to their wifes, wouldn't it?). As for William and Harry, whether they wear it or not; everyone will know that they are married (or engaged in the next few months) :whistling:

Sorry, looks like my comment threw the discussion hugely off-topic. I fully agree that it is a personal decision; as long as both Harry and Meghan are fine with whatever the decision might be, that's all what matters.

cepe 11-27-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2041816)

In my experience, rings are avoided by people working in the UK military esp handling guns, aircraft controls etc because of the risk of catching. I've been happily married for 30 yrs and my other half (ex military) has never worn one. Applies to other work environments as well.

Also, (looking back) it never used to be the "fashion" for men to wear rings. None of the men in my family did. Became more common from the 90's onwards.

Princess B 11-27-2017 02:21 PM

I think it'll be a mid may - early June wedding.
I also suspect it'll be at St. George's though I wish for the wedding to be in London.

wyevale 11-27-2017 02:22 PM

My father [what used to be called 'landed Gentry'] wears one, as did his father before him...

Somebody 11-27-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 2041854)
In my experience, rings are avoided by people working in the UK military esp handling guns, aircraft controls etc because of the risk of catching. I've been happily married for 30 yrs and my other half (ex military) has never worn one. Applies to other work environments as well.

Also, (looking back) it never used to be the "fashion" for men to wear rings. None of the men in my family did. Became more common from the 90's onwards.

Job related makes sense: one of my cousins wears his on a necklace as he is a baker. My father-in-law switched his from right hand (which is customary in the Netherlands) to left hand only a week after his marriage after his ring caught and he hurt his finger quite badly - he never switched back, so for the last almost 40 years my in-laws have worn their wedding band on different hands.

Scotslass 11-27-2017 02:50 PM

Prince Charles did wear a wedding ring. He just wore it on his pinkie like a lot of upper class men do.

French Toast 11-27-2017 02:53 PM

I think a wedding at St Georges Chapel at Windsor in late May would be delightful. St Georges Chapel is so beautiful. Intimate yet grand.

IloveCP 11-27-2017 02:56 PM

I hope they get married in Scotland like Zara.

iisuzieii 11-27-2017 03:07 PM

I personally dont think not wearing a ring is an issue...i dont think he will...he never wears rings now...cant see that suddenly changing...and i dont think it makes a difference bc plenty of women and men who wear rings that are married are unfaithful...its not the ring that keeps them faithful or not...thats the human being and their impulses that do that...

but to get back on track...i think that it will be st georges chapel..and the more i think about it the more i think its gonna be march...right before kate pops...(i do think kate is due early april--like the first week)

hopefully they can relax a bit now...especially harry...he looked so nervous...hes prob relieved that part is over.. But yay for them and their families!!!

Somebody 11-27-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iisuzieii (Post 2041920)
I personally dont think not wearing a ring is an issue...i dont think he will...he never wears rings now...cant see that suddenly changing...

I know many men who never wore a ring until they got married. So, not wearing a ring before to me is not really an indication. However, as in 'his circles' the practice apparently varies, he could go either way.

Pranter 11-27-2017 03:34 PM

And really...who isn't going to know he's married? LOL

LaRae

Moonmaiden23 11-27-2017 03:40 PM

I predict a late Spring wedding(May, early June) at St George's Windsor.

A late Spring wedding will give the DoC time to recover from the birth of her baby.

FashionMaven 11-27-2017 03:40 PM

So what about the tourism $ question? On BBC and CNN today there were articles wondering about what kind of boost a royal wedding in London at the Abbey would provide for the UK - with people coming from all over the world to see a member of the BRF marry an American.

I wonder if that will have any impact on Abbey vs Windsor.

Pranter 11-27-2017 03:51 PM

I heard they are going to announce the details of when/where tomorrow. We'll see if that's true.

Since the announcement said Spring, for me that takes June out of the equation.

LaRae

Moonmaiden23 11-27-2017 03:55 PM

Summer doesn't begin until late June. So a late spring wedding could include early June...just sayin!

But don't listen to me. I love June weddings!;) Anyway my hunch says it will be in May.

Hans-Rickard 11-27-2017 03:56 PM

I think it will be St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle.

But wouldn't it be fantastic with a Scottish wedding. Pre-wedding Ball att Stirling Castle, Wedding Service at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh. Harry wearing a kilt and the drums and bagpipes are playing while Meghan enters the Church and they are leaving, followed by a cortege at the Royal Mile and a post-wedding lunch at Palace of Holyrood House....Yeah i know it won't happen but it would have been great.

Curryong 11-27-2017 04:05 PM

I don't know that Harry would think it was great. He doesn't really seem to have a strong bond with Scotland, and the last time he and William wore kilts was when they were about six years old.

Pranter 11-27-2017 04:06 PM

Camilla T says BP has already set up a time tomorrow to announce the time/place of the wedding.

LaRae

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 2041973)
Summer doesn't begin until late June. So a late spring wedding could include early June...just sayin!

But don't listen to me. I love June weddings!;) Anyway my hunch says it will be in May.

Yeah but when you say Spring people aren't thinking June!

I'm guessing May. I think the DoC is due in early April as opposed to later.

LaRae

Hans-Rickard 11-27-2017 04:17 PM

I would be very surprised if they marry shortly before the Duchess of Cambridge is expected to give birth. That would probably mean she can't go. I don't think Harry would want to do that unless it is an emergency situation for some reason.

On the other hand, Princess Madeleine attended her brother's wedding on a Saturday and Nicolas was born at Monday, 2 days later so It's not impossible ;)

Moonmaiden23 11-27-2017 04:21 PM

I don't think Harry will want to marry without his sister-in-law present either. He is said to be very fond of her.

AlowVera 11-27-2017 04:24 PM

Meghan made Harry Engagement Chicken as we call it in the US.

Engagement Roast Chicken Recipe | Ina Garten | Food Network

Pranter 11-27-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 2041990)
I would be very surprised if they marry shortly before the Duchess of Cambridge is expected to give birth. That would probably mean she can't go. I don't think Harry would want to do that unless it is an emergency situation for some reason.

On the other hand, Princess Madeleine attended her brother's wedding on a Saturday and Nicolas was born at Monday, 2 days later so It's not impossible ;)

Not sure why she couldn't go? The wedding is going to be right down the road from where they live....but we'll find out tomorrow all the details of when/where. I'm hoping May in the Abbey!

LaRae

O-H Anglophile 11-27-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 2041990)

Yes, but Madeleine announced her pregnancy well after the wedding date was announced, not the case here.

Wedding date announced-Oct 23
Madeleine's pregnancy announced-Dec 19

--and her husband wasn't going to be the best man.

I would assume Harry will want William at the wedding. If baby Cambridge #3 arrived on Harry's wedding day...

Empress Merel 11-27-2017 04:36 PM

Madeleine also attended the wedding of C-P and Sofia and gave birth pretty much immediately after, so it wouldn't be impossible physically if they so desperately wanted to do it before #3 is born.

I'm guessing an April or a May wedding ( Loads of couples get married in May) in St. George Chapel. Without the Bank holiday and the amount of organisation to pull off a wedding in central London which is too expensive and in my opinion also too elaborate.

Pranter 11-27-2017 04:38 PM

I got married in mid-May...almost 30 years now! My late inlaws married in May...they were married 65 years before the first one passed !

LaRae

Hans-Rickard 11-27-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2042002)
Not sure why she couldn't go? The wedding is going to be right down the road from where they live....but we'll find out tomorrow all the details of when/where. I'm hoping May in the Abbey!

LaRae

Ofcourse she can attend even if she is pregnant in month 9 and expecting soon if she feels she can do it and there is special arrangements made for her, to rush her to the hospital, should it be needed like it was for Madeleine at Carl Philips wedding :)

Somebody 11-27-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 2042009)
Madeleine also attended the wedding of C-P and Sofia and gave birth pretty much immediately after, so it wouldn't be impossible physically if they so desperately wanted to do it before #3 is born.

I'm guessing an April or a May wedding (f*ck the saying, who cares. Loads of couples get married in May) in St. George Chapel. Without the Bank holiday and the amount of organisation to pull off a wedding in central London which is too expensive and in my opinion also too elaborate.

The problem is, you never know for sure. If Catherine is in labor at that exact same moment: she won't be able to attend and William should be by her side!

I am sure they have taken the due date into account and are working with a reasonable margin for the date they already picked for their wedding.

Osipi 11-27-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 2041976)

But wouldn't it be fantastic with a Scottish wedding. Pre-wedding Ball att Stirling Castle, Wedding Service at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh. Harry wearing a kilt and the drums and bagpipes are playing while Meghan enters the Church and they are leaving, followed by a cortege at the Royal Mile and a post-wedding lunch at Palace of Holyrood House....Yeah i know it won't happen but it would have been great.

Now that would totally float my boat as an ideal wedding. In fact, its made me want to dig out my Chieftain's "Celtic Wedding" CD. The soundtrack called "Celtic Wedding" just would sound so marvelous in a cathedral methinks.

I can't picture Harry in a kilt though. This is a man that wouldn't wear anything else besides a dress military uniform. :biggrin:

Chloep 11-27-2017 04:46 PM

I believe we have confirmation that Catherine is due early-April. (I believe going by William's '12 weeks' remark.) I'd say they would put at least 4 weeks between her due date and the wedding. So, I am expecting a mid-May wedding.��

Hans-Rickard 11-27-2017 04:54 PM

Princess Margaret married Earl Snowdon on 6:th May in 1960 at Westminster Abbey. So It's not impossible with a May-wedding.

Don't think it will be on the 6:th though as it falls on a Sunday in 2018.

akina21 11-27-2017 06:14 PM

Does anyone know what kind of visa Meghan needs to be able to marry in the UK and if there is a time frame for the marriage attached to it ?

CyrilVladisla 11-27-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 2041300)
I guess they will marry in May at Westminster Abbey. The Duke of Cambridge will act as Harrys best man and Prince George and Princess Charlotte are page boy and flower girl.

The Queen will create them as TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Earl and Countess of Menteith and Baron and Baroness X.

The reception will take place at Buckingham Palace.

principessa, These are nice titles. What is the history of the title of Earl of Menteith?

Ish 11-27-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akina21 (Post 2042098)
Does anyone know what kind of visa Meghan needs to be able to marry in the UK and if there is a time frame for the marriage attached to it ?

She probably has a fiancée visa, which requires her to marry within 6 months.

We’re likely looking at a May wedding based on that - March is Lent, April is when the baby’s due/the Cambridge’s anniversary, and the Queen’s birthday, and June is past the 6 month point.

Osipi 11-27-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 2042112)
She probably has a fiancée visa, which requires her to marry within 6 months.

We’re likely looking at a May wedding based on that - March is Lent, April is when the baby’s due/the Cambridge’s anniversary, and the Queen’s birthday, and June is past the 6 month point.

That would be my guess too. Its also possible that if, for some reason, the wedding doesn't occur within the six month time frame, they can apply for an extension. I don't see them having a problem getting one if they should need one.

wbenson 11-27-2017 07:39 PM

I'm not sure how useful the visa regulations are in figuring this out. A general feature of the strict immigration laws in western countries is that they often become very flexible when the applicants are people of status or means.

duchessrachel 11-27-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile (Post 2041839)
I wouldn't say most, I know many who don't, some because they are in jobs where a ring is dangerous to have one on your finger.

Whether Harry wears a wedding ring or not is his personal decision.

I'm sorry. I should have said that in my part of the country it is unusual for a man to choose not to wear a wedding band. Of course, they don't if it is dangerous on their job. I should not have said "most". Certainly, Harry should do what make he and Meghan happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2041944)
And really...who isn't going to know he's married? LOL

LaRae

Yes, that is so true!! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FashionMaven (Post 2041954)
So what about the tourism $ question? On BBC and CNN today there were articles wondering about what kind of boost a royal wedding in London at the Abbey would provide for the UK - with people coming from all over the world to see a member of the BRF marry an American.

I wonder if that will have any impact on Abbey vs Windsor.

I have wondered that myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2041982)
Camilla T says BP has already set up a time tomorrow to announce the time/place of the wedding.

LaRae

She has been pretty much on target with her reporting on H & M so I hope she is correct. I don't want to wait any longer.

Thena 11-27-2017 07:48 PM

I'm thinking Mia Tindall would make an adorable (if rambunctious) flower girl while Savannah and Isla Phillips would make lovely junior bridesmaids. Maybe Viscount Severn as a page boy? You could also have Robert and Rose Fellowes, the grandchildren of Baroness Fellowes, or Rosemary and Henry Hutt, the grandchildren of Lady McCorquodale. It would be a nice gesture to include some of the Spencer cousins in the bridal party.

Abbigail 11-27-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2041722)
Osipi brought up the interesting question whether Harry will decide to wear a wedding band as well or decide against it (following the lead of his brother). What do you think?

I hope he does but that is more due to personal preference than anything else.

I think it would be nice if he did. Meghan will likely have some input on that. It's another thing to look forward to...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 2042009)

I'm guessing an April or a May wedding (f*ck the saying, who cares. Loads of couples get married in May) in St. George Chapel. Without the Bank holiday and the amount of organisation to pull off a wedding in central London which is too expensive and in my opinion also too elaborate.

We'll see. I don't think the lack of bank holiday really matters, as Prince Andrew married at WA without one. I'm still partial to WA for Harry and Meghan but I kind of suspect it will be St George's. I would love to be wrong though! :tongue:

Missjersey 11-27-2017 07:51 PM

I hope KP is reading your thread Thena!

Oops I too excited. I meant post

jacqui24 11-27-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbigail (Post 2042169)

We'll see. I don't think the lack of bank holiday really matters, as Prince Andrew married at WA without one. I'm still partial to WA for Harry and Meghan but I kind of suspect it will be St George's. I would love to be wrong though! :tongue:

The only reason I want it at WA is because I want the balcony kiss. And yes, I know St. George has the steps, but it’s not the same as a balcony kiss. However, if I was a betting person, my money is going to St. George’s. The reason is the PoW didn’t announce it’ll be in London in the announcement.

Leopoldine 11-27-2017 08:02 PM

Wasn't there an official comment about how this was going to be a "non-traditional wedding?"

I think it might entail casual clothing and a big Windsor bash for families of military personnel ... something along those lines. Yes, something very different with a focus on charity or supporting the military or one of Diana's causes.

Pranter 11-27-2017 08:03 PM

All the talk about non-traditional wedding has come from the media. Nothing in the PoW announcement or comments from today indicate the particulars.

Tomorrow BP is supposed to release the time and location of the wedding.

LaRae

Abbigail 11-27-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2042181)
The only reason I want it at WA is because I want the balcony kiss. And yes, I know St. George has the steps, but it’s not the same as a balcony kiss. However, if I was a betting person, my money is going to St. George’s. The reason is the PoW didn’t announce it’ll be in London in the announcement.

Yes, I noticed but perhaps that's because they hadn't yet decided on a location? The balcony kiss is the main reason I want a WA wedding as well. I'm prepared for St. George's but I'll hold out a little hope until it's confirmed.

Osipi 11-27-2017 08:22 PM

Basically, the announcement from the Prince of Wales today was almost word for word identical to the one he issued when William and Kate got engaged. No particulars other than just the announcement that they are engaged was made.

We won't have to wait too long. In fact, I think I may forego a long winter's nap as I imagine the details will be released in the morning, London time.

Pranter 11-27-2017 08:24 PM

I'm usually up around 5am. That makes it about 11 am London time...maybe I'll be up before the BP announcement!

LaRae

M. Payton 11-27-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 2041976)

Ah, that would be my ideal wedding for Harry and Meghan..........something different and out of the box and just for them......it won't happen because HM does not go there till later in the year, so London it is.....St. George's has my vote for it seems more comfortable and it is a bit smaller also.

Westfield Bakery 11-27-2017 08:30 PM

The wedding should be at St. Paul's. Period.

Harry is very charismatic and marketable. Other than his grandmother, brother, paternal aunt, and paternal cousins removed (Alexandra and Marie-Christine) he is the most popular royal.

He deserves the spotlight of the decade, and in a time when Britain and the world is going through tensions and economic and social division like never seen before, it is time for some majestic world joy.

St. Paul's.

O-H Anglophile 11-27-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2042197)
Basically, the announcement from the Prince of Wales today was almost word for word identical to the one he issued when William and Kate got engaged. No particulars other than just the announcement that they are engaged was made.

We won't have to wait too long. In fact, I think I may forego a long winter's nap as I imagine the details will be released in the morning, London time.

Actually William and Catherine's announcement said:
'The wedding will take place in the Spring or Summer of 2011, in London. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.

Osipi 11-27-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery (Post 2042207)
Harry is very charismatic and marketable. Other than his grandmother, brother, paternal aunt, and paternal cousins removed (Alexandra and Marie-Christine) he is the most popular royal.

He deserves the spotlight of the decade, and in a time when Britain and the world is going through tensions and economic and social division like never seen before, it is time for some majestic world joy.

St. Paul's.

There is no way its going to be St. Paul's. The wedding will not be determined by popularity whatsoever. He will not ever have a bigger or grander wedding than his brother, who is the heir to the heir, did. William's wedding wasn't even a state wedding. Those are for monarchs and heirs only.

It will be a wonderfully, beautiful wedding and done how the couple wish to do it.