Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 4: September 2017 - December 2020
Arms of Crown Princess Victoria
Welcome to the Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News, Part 4
Commencing September 21, 2017
The previous thread can be found here
· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.
Swedish footballer Isaac Kiese Thelin will be playing with the Swedish National Team at a match against Luxembourg at the Friends Arena next Saturday. He plays in Belgium and was flying to Sweden today.
Victoria was at the same plane with him, and Isaac published a selfie with Victoria at his Instagram "Traveling to Sweden with royal company! #PrincessVictoria", and Expressen made an article about it.
Isaac Kiese Thelin mötte prinsessan Victoria - tog en selfie _ Fotboll _ Expressen
There's nothing in the royal calendar about a visit to Brussles, so it must have been a private trip. It also seems like she's traveling alone. I think that Isac would have mentioned if Daniel and the children were there as well.
Victoria and Daniel met on 21st September at the Royal Palace the Wernersson sisters, which I wrote previously to Victoria and Daniel's events thread.
Systrarna Emmy och Tuva har cancer – nu gör storasyster armband för att samla in pengar - Streama TV4 Play
The girls met Peter Forsberg at TV4 News morning, and Foppa of course bought a BuCancer bracelet.
Expressen had on Sunday a large interview of Herman Lindqvist, who has just published a new book "Mannerheim: marsken, masken, myten". It is a biography of the legendary Marshal of Finland, Baron Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim, who served as the military leader of the Whites in the Finnish Civil War, was the Regent of Finland (1918–19), commander-in-chief of Finland's defence forces during World War II and the sixth president of Finland (1944-46).
At his interview Lindqvist was asked also about Victoria:
You have previously described how the Crown Princess herself served you tea during your history lections and how she thanked you for everything you taught about Sweden's history and about life and love?
- She's still the same.
Victoria was much younger when you got to know her. Is there any difference now when she is a parent?
- Yes, she is businesslike and experienced, but still the same. She has not become blasé.
In your summer talk in 2009 you tell how the crown princess played all roles when she described how the then Russian President Boris Yeltsin broke down on a cracking bread with a knife and fork during a gala dinner with the royal family and how he wanted coffee before the main course. Did you hear any similar behind the scenes-incidents at your latest meeting with Victoria?
- We had it very nice when we met and we will meet again.
Herman Lindqvist blev blixtförälskad i Liliana _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Herman Lindqvist tells about his book of Mannerheim at Gripsholm Castle on 7th October, the event has been sold out for some time.
Herman Lindqvist*gästar Gripsholms slott 7 oktober. Slutsåld! - Sveriges Kungahus
Daniel has given a large interview to GP, Göteborgs-Posten. The interview was made on 28th September, when Daniel was in Gothenburg. Reporter Eric Hilmersson interviewed Daniel when they walked from Sahlgrenska Academy to the delivery of Prince Daniel's Research Grant for Promising Young Researchers.
It's a good interview, the only strange thing is that reporter Hilmersson writes "Daniel Westling" many times at the article. And that Victoria and Daniel got engaged in 2008...
Parts of the interview
"A dimension in life that makes you happier"
Why is Sweden sometimes so unfair? Can you affect to it without becoming political? And what's the secret hockey effort he's doing? GP took a long walk with Prince Daniel Westling to talk about why some children do sports, while others - far too many - sit still.
Daniel Westling wants to influence. And he sees sports, movement and exercise as a key to a better and more equal health. That's why he, with Crown Princess Victoria, started Generation Pep to "make it easier for children and young people to live a healthy life." He is the initiator of the Sports Day in Stockholm and has borrowed his name to "Prince Daniel's Race" where 6-12 old children run and everybody gets a medal. So where does this concern come to sport, youth and health?
- I have grown up with a big sporting interest and the sporting movement has given me so much. And at that time when you and I grew up ... though you might be a bit younger than me?
I am from 77.
- Yes, I'm 73. But then it was so natural. Perhaps especially if you grew up in rural areas. And now it is seen that there has been a problem in that the younger generation is moving too little, and the sporting movement has major challenges. Between 2003 and 2013, they lost 10 percent of their practitioners, did you know?
Yes, there is a big problem here in Gothenburg too - the associations don't manage to keep their youngsters.
- Yes, and I think you can play floorball as 13 years old because you think it's fun, not having to take elite effort to get involved. Save the children did a survey where they talked to young girls who left sports and some girl described the coach saying to her "you can become something, you can be big in this". Her reaction was: "What's getting big? I want to play with my friends."
We move down to Landala Market and Daniel Westling asks if I am in sports. I tell that I've just joined a training group for veteran athletes. The prince's eyes shine.
- How fun. I don't know if I want to tell you, but I have a similar thing going on ...
Please tell me. Is it hockey?
A oldboys team?
- Yes (laughter). I'll actually run my first pass now this week. I have a friend who has started it and ... we'll see if I get it together with my schedule, but it gives you a dimension in life that makes you happier. That's happiness, I think.
Daniel Westling has benefited from the fighter spirit. When he and Victoria announced their engagement, nobody knew that the prospective prince was seriously kidney sick. A few months later, he was operated and a kidney donated by his father was inserted. Since then, Daniel Westling has been eating medications every day, but says he is feeling well. And the former gym owner and personal trainer knows what training can do for well-being.
- I don't always think it's super cool to go to gym or go out and jog. But I do it anyway because I know the health effects of it, both physically and mentally. But I have great respect for those who can't handle it. And above all the children who don't have the knowledge and understanding of adults, there must really be a structure. So it's not about which home you're from. I think society must ensure that everyone is given the opportunity to have a good health.
The prince radiates more sense of responsibility than feast and glamor, and at home he has a one-year-old (Oscar) and a five-year-old (Estelle) to raise up.
Has Estelle started with any sport yet?
- Not any organized sport, but I think it's important to be a good example as a parent. It's a bit cliché-minded to say so, but the social heritage is enormously strong. It is enough to go out so that the children move more than if they sit inside. Then the children see what you do. Estelle has said several times "I also want to jog" or "I want to go to gym too". Then you can take a small round. My parents were not the world's most sporty, but they sometimes jogged and I remember when I got to join them.
We reach the hotel and a press officer invites us to wrap up. The 15 minutes we were promised became about half an hour.
- I think I've never talked so much in such a short time, the prince says.
We thank for the interview and the group moves towards the hotel entrance, but Westling suddenly turns and comes back to us. He wants to say one more thing.
- My most important message, he says seriously, is that all children must move 60 minutes a day. That's the foundation.
Otherwise Prince Daniel comes with the whip?
- No, otherwise there will be ill health in the long run. We are the country that eats most candy. We are one of Europe's most sedentary people. It's not good. And it doesn't have to be about doing 60 minutes at once, but getting the pulse up a little bit during the day. You may play in a playground or participate in an athletic context. That you don't sit still.
En dimension i livet som gör dig lyckligare_GP
Expressen writes about Daniel's interview in GP:
Prins Daniel om joggingturerna med Estelle _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Swedish TV-producer and songwriter Alexander Kronlund, 45, moved from Los Angeles back to Stockholm in the spring and is now at the jury of Idol 2017.
He told to Hänt that during the years he has got to know some members of the royal family.
He has come closest to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. He spends most time with Daniel, because they share a common interest.
- I especially like very much Victoria and Daniel and their cute children, I play golf with Daniel, says Alexander, and continues to tell that the royal family is close to his heart.
- I think they are wonderful, he says, and tells also that the king and queen liked him singing at Polar Music Prize a couple of years ago.
Alexander Kronlund berättar om hemliga relationen till kungafamiljen _ Hänt.se
Expressen tells that Victoria, Daniel and the children were on a family getaway at the weekend and were at charming Villa Fridhem in Östergötland on Saturday.
Villa Fridhem, a hotel with restaurant and conference center outside Norrköping, has been frequently visited by royals over the years. Not so strange because it was built in 1909 as the summer residence of Prince Carl, son of Oscar II, and Princess Ingeborg.
Victoria, Daniel and their children ate dinner in a little secluded part of the dining room before leaving the mansion on Saturday night.
Magnus Dahlin, Ceo of Villa Fridhem, doesn't want to say anything about Crown Princess Victoria's visit with her family.
- We don't comment on which guests we have, neither can we say yes or no about that we have them as guests.
It is unclear if the Crown Princess family slept at Villa Fridhem.
Princess Estelle is the Duchess of just Östergotland, and she has visited Villa Fridhem earlier. In 2016 she was there with Dad, Prince Daniel.
The dinner with the whole family has been snapped up between several public commitments during the weeks. But both Victoria and Daniel appreciate spending a lot of time with the kids. Estelle has repeatedly followed up on assignments and other activities with her parents.
Kronprinsessan Victoria besökte Villa Fridhem med familjen _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Villa Fridhem - Hotell, restaurang och konferens
:previous: Thank you for sharing LadyFinn. I love the photos of the hotel scenery on the website, Sweden in autumn is on my bucket list (I've been in spring and winter). It's nice that they could spend a weekend away together without being disturbed by the paparazzi.
Beautiful hotel and other photos :flowers:
I totally agree, Sweden in the Autumn would be so beautiful to see in person.
Happy the hotel refused to comment and there are no photos. Good way for the hotel to assure the couple will consider coming back again. Though they are public figures, and pretty good natured about photos, like anyone they can appreciate being left in private for a nice dinner. And not having it sold.
Rhetoric expert Elaine Eksvärd analyzes Victoria as a leader at Ledarna's (Sweden’s organization for managers) @Work program, which is sent at Aftonbladet TV, TV3, Viafree och Svenska Dagbladet on Wednesdays.
It starts at 4.22.
"Crown princess Victoria is the most popular leader in Sweden. She is a very skilled speaker. She is close to feelings, so it is easy to relate to her, in spite of that she is sitting at a Palace. And it is not wrong to show feelings, when for example the situation motivates that you should show feelings, like after the terror attack in Stockholm. The crown princess is so thoughtful, that she forgets on her birthday that she is the one who turns years, and starts to sing the congratulation song people sing for her (a video is shown from Victoria's birthday 2016). The crown princess manages not to overstep boundaries when being personal, not to provoke. Then you easily think that she is not very personal, but she is just that, and has the perfect balance. And she is personal in a way, that it feels nice and comfortable. And that a leader can think at home, to be more like this."
Lennart Engelhardt_ Våga vara ärlig i rekryteringen _ Om Ledarna _ Ledarna
Victoria and Estelle were seen walking in Djurgården last weekend. They met a photographer and posed for a photo.
Björn O. Nilsson, the President of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, writes at his last column at Academy's IVA Aktuellt -magazine 5/2017 about his years as ceo of the Academy. Nilsson leaves his job as the President of Academy in the end of October.
The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, as an independent force, has continued to work with both innovation and entrepreneurship in various projects that started with Innovation for Growth 2009 and Prince Daniel's Fellowship 2013.
The view of society, and the image of the entrepreneur, has changed radically in the last decade. An entrepreneur is perceived as an engine in the economy, one that transforms ideas into innovations. A Swedish hero and wealth builder, just like the engineer. Therefore, it is gratifying to see how much interest there is from schools and universities to receive Prince Daniel and his inspirators. And what enthusiasm they meet from school students on their travels in Sweden.
Vd-ledare_ IVA är ett effektivt nätverk - IVA
A woman met Victoria yesterday.
Crown Princess Victoria is, as you know, a big fan of Swedish designers. She likes sustainable fashion and always looks forward to reusing her favorites, over and over again. Camilla Thulin is a Swedish designer who is a little extra close to Victoria's heart. She has been wearing her clothes both for everyday and for parties.
Camilla Thulin says:
- We are incredibly happy and proud that one of the country's most iconic women chooses to wear our clothes. It is wonderful that her skilled stylist Tina Törnquist dares to choose lovely colors and fun models. The Crown Princess carries up our clothes in a feminine, grown-up and proud way. It means extremely much that our clothes appear on a woman who works so hard for so many good things. She is an incredibly good role model. We stand for an adult female expression, which feels important. The different combinations can inspire other women to dare to choose the female look instead of the current youth hysteria.
Camilla Thulin_ “Otroligt stolt över att kronprinsessan bär mina plagg” _ Svensk Damtidning
Daniel and Estelle were seen at waterpark Aquaventure of Hotel Atlantis in Dubai on Thursday. They had with them a member of the staff with "Lifeguard" at his back. Estelle held Daniel on his hand, they had other people with them with whom they chatted and laughed. Victoria and Oscar weren't seen at the waterpark, but according to Expressen they are in Dubai too. Estelle, like all children in Sweden, has some days autumn holiday this week. Margareta Thorgren said that the court doesn't comment royal family's private trips.
Här semestrar Daniel med Estelle i Dubai _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Daniel has a work event on Monday.
w aterpark, how nice for the family. Hope they enjoyed their days off
Victoria was photographed at a plane back to Sweden.
"What an honor to serve our beautiful Crown Princess with her incredibly nice family on board"
Swedish artist Susanne Cederlund's painting of Victoria
Victoria, Daniel and the children in Öland, 26th May 2017.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021