The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/gender-and-names-for-kate-and-williams-3rd-child-42967.html)

wymanda 09-04-2017 07:07 AM

Gender & Names for Kate & William's 3rd Child

Girl

Caroline Alexandra Frances
Mary Caroline Lavinia

Boy
Phillip Michael Arthur
Arthur James Henry

Biri 09-04-2017 07:12 AM

Girl:
Victoria Catherine Caroline

Boy:
John Henry Michael

Curryong 09-04-2017 07:14 AM

Among the names I'm hoping for an Alice or Victoria for a girl. However, I've got a feeling it will be a boy, in which case I would like to see a James or Philip.

Elektra 09-04-2017 07:15 AM

Girl : Alice Carole Frances

Boy : Richard Michael Philip

Blog Real 09-04-2017 07:25 AM

Girl:
Victoria Diana Caroline

Boy:
Edward Philip James

PrincessElena 09-04-2017 07:29 AM

Girl ~ Victoria Alice Carole

Boy ~ John Charles Philip

Princess B 09-04-2017 07:34 AM

I think it'll be a boy. Nevertheless, my guesses for names:

Boy -
Patrick Charles Edmund
Philip Richard Charles
Nicholas Henry Philip
David Michael Arthur

Girl -
Victoria Sophia Marie
Alice Victoria Helena
Alexandra Sophia Mary
Caroline Louise Mary
Isabel/la Margaret Amelia

acdc1 09-04-2017 07:37 AM

I think that this baby will be a boy!

For their first two children, they seem to have gone with rather traditional royal family names, and I don't think that this baby will be any different.

Boy: Philip, Arthur, or Leopold (could be called Leo).

Girl: Victoria, Alice, Caroline, or Adelaide.

Empress Merel 09-04-2017 07:45 AM

I ain't going to bother with second and third names, only first names but here are my guesses:

Girl:
- Victoria
- Alice
- Helena
- Margaret
- Edith
- Alexandra
- Isabelle
- Mary
- Caroline
- Felicity
- Florence

Boy:
- Phillip
- James
- Anthony
- Arthur
- Benjamin
- Christian
- Cedric
- Christopher
- Daniel
- Dominic

Some of them are already occupied by the continental Royals, so I'm not sure if they would go for a name that is already being held by a senior working Royal somewhere else.

principessa 09-04-2017 08:10 AM

For a girl:

Eleanor Victoria Caroline

For a boy:

Philip Charles Albert

Mirabel 09-04-2017 08:42 AM

Girl: Alice, Victoria, Caroline

Boy: Michael, Alexander, James

I too think they will go with traditional royal names, but nothing really dated like Leopold or Ernest.
The problem is that many traditional names are already in use, like James, Edward, Charles, Anne, Alexandra, Michael.

Mbruno 09-04-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 2014932)
I ain't going to bother with second and third names, only first names but here are my guesses:

Girl:
- Victoria
- Alice
- Helena
- Margaret
- Edith
- Alexandra
- Isabelle
- Mary
- Caroline
- Felicity
- Florence

Boy:
- Phillip
- James
- Anthony
- Arthur
- Benjamin
- Christian
- Cedric
- Christopher
- Daniel
- Dominic

Some of them are already occupied by the continental Royals, so I'm not sure if they would go for a name that is already being held by a senior working Royal somewhere else.

I won't try to guess the names, but I would like to see Alice or Victoria for a girl, and Arthur or Albert if it is a boy.

Iluvbertie 09-04-2017 08:48 AM

I am hoping for a boy simply because George is the only boy in his generation. Savannah, Isla, Mia and Charlotte - he needs a boy within a close enough age range to be friends and to play with. James is ok but he is still his father's cousin and not his generation.

I don't think they will use a name of an existing prince - so no Philip, Charles, William, George, Harry, Andrew, Edward, Richard or Michael as a first name.

That means spreading the new a little wider to find a family name - Christian (both the Queen and Philip are descended from Christian IX of Denmark - but already in use in Denmark for a future King) but it isn't a name used in the UK; John - bad history so not that popular; David - a nod to Wales and not used as a first name in the UK - although it was Edward VIII's family name; Albert - the Queen's father is fairly obvious there;

So I would go with - David Albert Charles

For a girl using the same criteria I am ruling out - Elizabeth, Charlotte, Beatrice, Eugenie, Anne and Alexandra.

Victoria - maybe but then there could be confusion with the Crown Princess of Sweden - even though it is also Philip's grandmother's name; Mary - a nod to the Queen's beloved grandmother; Alice - Philip's mother and great-grandmother; Caroline - a nod to Catherine's mother

I would go with Phillipa though - after Catherine's sister AND William's grandfather

so

Phillipa Alice Victoria

Osipi 09-04-2017 09:08 AM

Just off the top of my head with names for no specific reasons.

Boy: Philip Michael Henry Cambridge

Girl: Alicia May Victoria Cambridge

Skippyboo 09-04-2017 09:17 AM

Philip isn't going to be around for very much longer so I don't think they would avoid that name like they would with a much younger family member. I also think Prince Michael of Kent would not stop the Cambridges from using Michael if they wanted to honor the baby's maternal grandfather.

I definitely see James out of the pictures with 2 Uncle James and a cousin James in the family already.

Osipi 09-04-2017 09:22 AM

Personally, I think it would tickle Philip pink if he knew a great grandson was named after him. Should the wee Philip need a surname for any legal reasons it would be Philip Mountbatten-Windsor and therefore a definite continuity of Philip's name. I just think that would be so nice. :biggrin:

HereditaryPrincess 09-04-2017 09:34 AM

This time I'm not sure what the gender will be, but I'm guessing that it will be another boy though I thought George and little Gabriel of Sweden were going to be girls so I'm probably wrong on that one :biggrin:

I would like to see them revive an older name that hasn't been used for a while. Something like Adela would be nice. I like the sound of Adela Elizabeth Victoria. It hasn't been used as a first name for a while yet (even though it is Eugenie's middle name) so I would also like to see Helena being used - and I think Helena works really nicely with George and Charlotte.

For a boy; I'd like to see either Leopold or Arthur. Leopold Henry Charles or Arthur William Philip would be nice.

BMC 09-04-2017 09:49 AM

Well the birth order so far has been boy - girl so I'll say a boy named Philip Michael Charles after his great grandfather & grandfathers.

Pranter 09-04-2017 09:55 AM

For a girl...I like Alice, Eleanor, Victoria, Mary

For a boy... Phillip, Louis, Arthur, James, Edward.

LaRae

wyevale 09-04-2017 10:01 AM

For a Girl...

Caroline, Sophia, Alice or Maud.

For a Boy...

Philip, Arthur or Leopold.