The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   Dutch State Visit to Italy and Vatican City: June 20-23, 2017 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/dutch-state-visit-to-italy-and-vatican-city-june-20-23-2017-a-41897.html)

malluu 06-20-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suztav (Post 1995411)
Maxima looks fabulous tonight. Am I mistaken or haven't we seen that gown before? The one shoulder looks familiar.

She wore it to King Willem-Alexander's birthday celebrations in April but we didn't get a very good view of it then.

Tilia C. 06-20-2017 04:46 PM

Maxima looks her usual stunning self! That was a real hit, imo. I love the gown, the jewels are great with it. Only: I prefer the ruby peacock tiara. But I won't be too picky today.

And I'm dying to see a better pic of Princess Victoria. What a treat to sea her in a tiara as well.

malluu 06-20-2017 05:44 PM

Robin Utrecht has a gallery of his pictures from the state banquet. It includes some good shots of Princess Viktoira.

Royal by Robin - Staatsbanket Italie

Countessmeout 06-21-2017 12:56 AM

Maxima looks wonderful in the Mellerio ruby tiara. One if her best :flowers:

Nice to see viktoria and Jamie. Viktoria looks lovely. :smile:

Daily fail needs to fire their editor. Or hire fact checker. I love the captioned photos, saying the royal couple with the president and his wife :bang: Simple fact check would tell you Sergio has been a widower since 2012. His daughter Laura has been acting first lady and often accompanies him abroad. He has two sons as well.

iceflower 06-21-2017 01:16 AM

Here are two more extra galleries of yesterday's gala dinner:

** ppe gallery 1 ** ppe gallery 2 **

Rossina 06-21-2017 04:12 AM

Maxima looks wonderful. I love her gala dinner dress & tiara.
Viktoria also looks great:smile:

iceflower 06-21-2017 04:25 AM

It'll surely be a great day on wonderful Sicily!

** rd.nl gallery: Koningspaar begint bezoek Palermo **

** ppe gallery ** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **

Lee-Z 06-21-2017 01:06 PM

Dutch P.Christina (youngest sister of former Q.Beatrix) will attend tonight's concert
Prinses Christina bij concert staatsbezoek|Prive| Telegraaf.nl

google translated

Marengo 06-21-2017 02:05 PM

That is nice. I believe she spends a lot of her time in Italy, in/ close to Porto Ercole where her parents used to own a house. Her daughter Juliana supposedly also lives (or lived?) in Italy (Tuscany as well). Juliana and Bernhards's old villa L'Elefante Felice was sold to Belgian billionaire who had it demolished. And considering Princess Christina is the patron of a music concours which bears her name, it is fitting she attends the concert of violinist Janine Jansen at the Palazzo Colonna tonight.

ashelen 06-21-2017 03:43 PM

I think this photos are from tonight:
RUT_0769.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter
RUT_064562.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter
RUT_0680.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter

Renatus 06-21-2017 03:51 PM

I'm glad to have them as a king and queen. Beatrix was great and these two move forward smoothly.

iceflower 06-21-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1995750)

They are!

Here are two extra galleries of the evening event:

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery ** ppe gallery **

Marengo 06-21-2017 04:04 PM

Pricness Christina has a sassy walking stick ;).

Poor Mr. Valentino must have been horrified to see this altered version of his great dress but nice that he attended tonight's event as well. It seems that he came with the prince and princess of Colonna but I am not sure if the caption is correct. IIRC Princess/Queen Juliana was befriended members of the family but I may be mixing them up with the Corsini's.

Janine Jansen looks gracious as ever.

ashelen 06-21-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1995759)
Pricness Christina has a sassy walking stick ;).

Poor Mr. Valentino must have been horrified to see this altered version of his great dress but nice that he attended tonight's event as well. It seems that he came with the prince and princess of Colonna but I am not sure if the caption is correct. IIRC Princess/Queen Juliana was befriended members of the family but I may be mixing them up with the Corsini's.

Janine Jansen looks gracious as ever.

how was the original verson?

suztav 06-21-2017 04:34 PM

The top of Maxima's gown reminds me of what she wore to Frederick and Mary's wedding. The bottom looks different.

QueenMaximaftw 06-21-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suztav (Post 1995767)
The top of Maxima's gown reminds me of what she wore to Frederick and Mary's wedding. The bottom looks different.

It actually is the same dress as the one she wore to the wedding. Only she added lace to the bottom of the dress after the wedding!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1995766)
how was the original verson?

It was the dress she wore to prince Frederik and princess Mary's wedding. But she added lace after that wedding.

suztav 06-21-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenMaximaftw (Post 1995773)
It actually is the same dress as the one she wore to the wedding. Only she added lace to the bottom of the dress after the wedding!

Thank you!

carlota 06-21-2017 08:04 PM

nice to see maxima recycling an old wedding guest dress from all the way back in 2004! i always like seeing old pieces reappearing with a few tweaks here and there to suit the new times.

Al_bina 06-21-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1995532)

Here are two more extra galleries of yesterday's gala dinner:

** ppe gallery 1 ** ppe gallery 2 **

Although I am not keen on such gowns, I have to say that Queen Maxima looked ravissant.

eya 06-22-2017 05:07 AM

The Royal Couple meeting today with Pope Francis in Vatican

Belga Image

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/8875466

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/5859742