The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Denmark (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   State Visit from Belgium to Denmark: March 28-30, 2017 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/state-visit-from-belgium-to-denmark-march-28-30-2017-a-41857.html)

Lumutqueen 10-15-2016 03:29 PM

State Visit from Belgium to Denmark: March 28-30, 2017
 
I always get confused about what goes where for royal visits. :flowers:

Royaltyspeaking ‏@Royal_talk
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium will pay a State Visit to Denmark during the first half of 2017

Nothing on the official websites yet.

Marika86 02-14-2017 08:38 AM

Belgian State Visit to Denmark: March 28-30, 2017
 
Wim Dehandschutter ‏@WDehandschutter Accepting an invitation from Queen Margrethe II, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium will pay a State Visit to DENMARK (March 28-30)

From kongehuset.dk

Quote:

His Majesty King Philippe and Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of Belgium come for a state visit to Denmark from 28-30 March 2017.
HM King Philippe assumed the throne on 21 July 2013, and the visit is thus The King and The Queen’s first state visit to Denmark. The King and The Queen will be accompanied by seven ministers as well as a business delegation including 37 Belgian companies.

The upcoming state visit has the objective of strengthening the already strong bonds between Denmark and Belgium. The close ties between the two royal families, which descend from the House of Glücksborg, can be dated back to 1863. Thus, the Belgian royal couple participated in the celebration of Her Majesty The Queen’s 75th birthday in 2015, and HM Queen Mathilde is also the godmother of HRH Princess Isabella.

The programme during the state visit has the objective of further strengthening the connection and the common interests between the two countries and will focus, among other things, on business and culture. The official delegation and the 37 companies will focus on the themes of sustainable development, renewable energy, health, transport logistics and smart city solutions. During the stay, HM King Philippe will visit Copenhagen City Hall, the Confederation of Danish Industry, and, together with HM Queen Mathilde, the Cinematheque in Copenhagen.

Belgium, which was formed as an independent nation in 1831, is a federal state which, in addition to the federal level, includes three regions (Flemish, Walloon and Brussels-Capital) and three language communities (Dutch, French and German). Belgium is an important partner for Denmark. In 2015, Belgium made up the 14th-largest export market for Denmark, and it presents considerable potential for Danish companies in the areas of climate and energy, health and logistics as well as IT and digitalization.

polyesco 02-14-2017 11:45 AM

Looking forward to it.
Short article on the visit
Belgisk statsbesøg på trapperne | BILLED-BLADET

eya 03-01-2017 04:51 AM

State visit to DENMARK from 28 to 30 March - 180 years of diplomatic relations, strong ties between the Danish and Belgian Royal Families: memories of State visits of H.M. Queen Margrethe II to Belgium in 1976 and 2002.

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f6&oe=593ADB27
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...5c&oe=593FB312
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...40&oe=59405865
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...db&oe=59315191
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...22&oe=59329CB6
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...af&oe=59415C10
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...24&oe=593C0934

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1964780)
Thank for sharing these Pictures of the Past, Eya

You are welcome Maria-Olivia :smile:


BELGIAN state visit to DENMARK from 28 to 30 March - memories of reciprocal visits: TRH Princess Margrethe and Prince Henrik to Belgium (1969), state visit to Belgium of TM King Frederick IX and Queen Ingrid (1968), state visit to Denmark of TM King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola (1966).

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...73&oe=593370D1
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c3&oe=596CBB25
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...64&oe=593422A8
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...96&oe=5968EF1F
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c0&oe=5926BC40
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...95&oe=596A7583
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...fa&oe=59324C06
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a8&oe=592B9D7D
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f4&oe=5935FFD7

maria-olivia 03-01-2017 06:21 AM

I hope the Children of the late Count Fleming and Countess Ruth will attend with their Grand Mothers jewels (Princess Axel)

Thank for sharing these Pictures of the Past, Eya

carlota 03-01-2017 10:10 AM

Very exciting - a royal to royal state visit! Looking forward to it.

cdm 03-01-2017 05:28 PM

Is Oscar II of Sweden their closest common ancestor?

Looking forward to this visit. It will be a nice occasion for godmother Mathilde to see Isabella again.

Ish 03-01-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm (Post 1964784)
Is Oscar II of Sweden their closest common ancestor?



That's... tricky.

Oscar II of Sweden is both Philippe and Margrethe's great-great-grandfather, but Frederick VIII of Denmark is Philippe's great-great grandfather and Margrethe's great-great grandfather. I would think that would make him a closer common ancestor.

MidwestMom 03-03-2017 08:21 AM

:previous:Thank you for these additional pictures. They were the glamorous royals of their day, weren't they? Especially nice to see Baudoin and Fabiola, but I wonder what the story is behind picture #2. The Belgian couple look happy, Frederik and Ingrid, not so much. Probably just a momentary thing - maybe they were tired.

Mbruno 03-03-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 1964987)
You are welcome Maria-Olivia :smile:


BELGIAN state visit to DENMARK from 28 to 30 March - memories of reciprocal visits: TRH Princess Margrethe and Prince Henrik to Belgium (1969), state visit to Belgium of TM King Frederick IX and Queen Ingrid (1968), state visit to Denmark of TM King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola (1966).

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...73&oe=593370D1
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c3&oe=596CBB25
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...64&oe=593422A8
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...96&oe=5968EF1F
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c0&oe=5926BC40
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...95&oe=596A7583
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...fa&oe=59324C06
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a8&oe=592B9D7D
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f4&oe=5935FFD7

I hope Queen Mathilde wears Fabiola's tiara and aquamarine jewels in picture # 2. They would be perfect for the state visit to Denmark.

maria-olivia 03-03-2017 12:28 PM

Queen Mathilde will wear a Sash.
The 9 Province Tiara will not be worn with the Wolfers Necklace , as the Queen has to wear it as Tiara.

Mbruno 03-03-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1965050)
Queen Mathilde will wear a Sash.
The 9 Province Tiara will not be worn with the Wolfers Necklace , as the Queen has to wear it as Tiara.

Hi Maria Olivia,


I was suggesting that Queen Mathilde should wear the leaf elements of the Spanish wedding gift tiara with the aquamarine earrings and necklace as Queen Fabiola in the picture # 2 above. It would match the light blue sash of the Order of the Elephant nicely.

CP Mary on the other hand should wear her ruby parure as Queen Ingrid did in the same aforementioned picture, with either the red sash of the Order of the Crown or the purple sash of the Order of Leopold. Wives of crown princes normally get a lower order, but considering that King Willem-Alexander recently gave the Order of the Netherlands Lion to Frederik and Mary, it is not totally out of question that they may also get the Order of Leopold from King Philippe.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c3&oe=596CBB25

Stefan 03-03-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1965053)
Hi Maria Olivia,



Wives of crown princes normally get a lower order, but considering that King Willem-Alexander recently gave the Order of the Netherlands Lion to Frederik and Mary, it is not totally out of question that they may also get the Order of Leopold from King Philippe.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c3&oe=596CBB25

Crown Princess Masako got the Order of the Crown last year so i guess it will be the same for Crown Princess Mary. Don't know which one Crown Prince Naruhito has.

maria-olivia 03-03-2017 02:08 PM

To Stefan,
We do not know if Queen Mathilde owns the Spanish jewels and the aquamarines.
We do not know if Queen Fabiola had Queen Astrid Emerald tiara/necklace received when Prince Baudouin was born in 1930 ( last wearer Princess Lilian)

Mbruno 03-03-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1965066)
Crown Princess Masako got the Order of the Crown last year so i guess it will be the same for Crown Princess Mary. Don't know which one Crown Prince Naruhito has.

According to Wikipedia, CP Naruhito has the Grand Cordon of the Order of Leopold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruhi...oreign_honours

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 1964795)
That's... tricky.

Oscar II of Sweden is both Philippe and Margrethe's great-great-grandfather, but Frederick VIII of Denmark is Philippe's great-great grandfather and Margrethe's great-great grandfather. I would think that would make him a closer common ancestor.

Frederik VIII is Queen Margrethe's and King Albert's great-grandfather, which makes them second cousins, I guess. King Philippe is then Queen Margrethe's second cousin once removed if I am not mistaken. CP Frederik and King Philippe on the other hand are third cousins.

maria-olivia 03-03-2017 04:49 PM

Normally Crown Prince Frederick will the the Order of Leopold (purple) and Mary, Joachim and Marie the Order of the Crown (Red). I don't know which Order has Princess Benedicte ?

GömdNatt 03-03-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1965089)
Normally Crown Prince Frederick will the the Order of Leopold (purple) and Mary, Joachim and Marie the Order of the Crown (Red). I don't know which Order has Princess Benedicte ?

According to Kongehuset, Benedikte also has the Order of the Crown. Belgium seems very much like Sweden, the heirs and monarchs/consorts get the highest order, while everyone else gets the lower order.

iceflower 03-08-2017 11:15 AM

.

Queen Margrethe invited Belgian journalists to a press conference about the upcoming state visit. The press conference took place at Amalienborg this afternoon, March 8:


** kongehuset.dk gallery: Pressemøde for belgiske journalister **

Mbruno 03-08-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1965929)
.

Queen Margrethe invited Belgian journalists to a press conference about the upcoming state visit. The press conference took place at Amalienborg this afternoon, March 8:


** kongehuset.dk gallery: Pressemøde for belgiske journalister **

Any additional details on what the Queen said in the interview ?

maria-olivia 03-08-2017 05:49 PM

The Belgian Consort is a Queen , the Danish Consort is a Prince?. Will He attend ??

ROYAL NORWAY 03-08-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1965935)
Any additional details on what the Queen said in the interview ?

I have not checked yet, but I suppose she was asked what she always is asked about by Danish/foreign media:

Are you going to abdicate? QMII: No.

Why not? QMII: I feel that this is a duty for life.

Next interview: Same questions/answers.


Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1966006)
The Belgian Consort is a Queen , the Danish Consort is a Prince?. Will He attend ??

He attended the events (including the state banquets) for the state visits from Mexico and Iceland, so I assume that he's going to attend.

polyesco 03-13-2017 07:30 PM

video of the interview the Queen gave to Belgium press
Margrethe ... les confidences d'une reine

Marengo 03-14-2017 02:22 AM

:previous:

The queen was talking about the family ties with the Belgian RF and how her mother told her about Queen Astrid.
The interviewer told HM about how King Filip and Queen Mathilde are forming a team, asking the Danish monarch how she does that with her husband. The queen said that her hsband was now slowing down but that he will be attending the Belgian State Visit.

The interviewer also asked to look to the future and what her opinions about abdications like in Belgium, the Vatican, The Netherlands and Spain was. She replied that each coutnry has their own traditions in this matter. In this country you stay as long as you live. That is how her father did it and what she intends to do.

The interviewer even asked about her smoking habits. She said it is known that she smokes, everybody knows about it and she does not pretend othherwise: 'at least I am not a hypocrite'.

The queen just oozes charm btw and so relaxed and open in fron tof the camera.

Mbruno 03-14-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1967373)
:previous:

The queen was talking about the family ties with the Belgian RF and how her mother told her about Queen Astrid.
The interviewer told HM about how King Filip and Queen Mathilde are forming a team, asking the Danish monarch how she does that with her husband. The queen said that her hsband was now slowing down but that he will be attending the Belgian State Visit.

The interviewer also asked to look to the future and what her opinions about abdications like in Belgium, the Vatican, The Netherlands and Spain was. She replied that each coutnry has their own traditions in this matter. In this country you stay as long as you live. That is how her father did it and what she intends to do.

The interviewer even asked about her smoking habits. She said it is known that she smokes, everybody knows about it and she does not pretend othherwise: 'at least I am not a hypocrite'.

The queen just oozes charm btw and so relaxed and open in fron tof the camera.


I wonder why the Queen chose to answer the questions in English when she is fluent in French.

That also makes me wonder what language she will use on her speech at the state banquet. In the recent Dutch state visit, she spoke in English, but I was hoping she would speak in French this time.

Muhler 03-14-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1967497)
I wonder why the Queen chose to answer the questions in English when she is fluent in French.

That also makes me wonder what language she will use on her speech at the state banquet. In the recent Dutch state visit, she spoke in English, but I was hoping she would speak in French this time.

Perhaps because of the delicate relationship between the Flemish and Wallonians in Belgium?
So English is a nice compromise which all in Belgium can accept.

Mbruno 03-14-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1967501)
Perhaps because of the delicate relationship between the Flemish and Wallonians in Belgium?
So English is a nice compromise which all in Belgium can accept.

Yes, that makes sense.

Hannelore 03-14-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1967501)
Perhaps because of the delicate relationship between the Flemish and Wallonians in Belgium?
So English is a nice compromise which all in Belgium can accept.

The reason is more simple actually. There were 2 journalists: A french speaking one for TV and a Dutch speaking one for some newspapers. English was the language all three of them were at ease in because the newspaper man's French isn't great. (The queen just gave one interview, to both of them at the same time).

Nordic 03-15-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY (Post 1966008)
He attended the events (including the state banquets) for the state visits from Mexico and Iceland, so I assume that he's going to attend.

According to the court and the press programme, Prince Henrik does not take part in the State Visit. Princess Elisabeth is scheduled to attend the State Banquet.

maria-olivia 03-15-2017 11:32 AM

Prince Henrik does not take part in the State Visit ! Sad .

Mbruno 03-15-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 1967821)
According to the court and the press programme, Prince Henrik does not take part in the State Visit. Princess Elisabeth is scheduled to attend the State Banquet.


Didn't Queen Margrethe say in the interview to the Belgian TV that Prince Henrik would take part in the State Visit ? Do you think he and the Queen may have had an argument about that afterwards ?

Nordic 03-15-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1967844)
Didn't Queen Margrethe say in the interview to the Belgian TV that Prince Henrik would take part in the State Visit ? Do you think he and the Queen may have had an argument about that afterwards ?

I don't know what she has said.

This was confirmed today by the Lord Chamberlain at a press meeting re the State Visit. PH is not mentioned in the press programme for the State Visit which was released at the meeting.

Mentioned here under "Forste statsbesog uden prins Henrik"
Prinsesse Benedikte aflyser alle officielle opgaver | BILLED-BLADET

Mbruno 03-15-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 1967855)
Edited post again, sorry.


See Marengo's post above about what the Queen had said.

I find it odd that the Queen would mention Prince Henrik's attendance when he was not included in the official program. Hence my suspicion that Henrik was originally expected to attend, but had another of his famous "temper tantrums" afterwards. Of course, that is just speculation on my part.

maria-olivia 03-15-2017 01:35 PM

The late Prince Richard of SWB did not like Prince Henrik wearing such a lot of decorations . I read yesterday that their relationship was warm. Maybe he is too sad !

Marengo 03-15-2017 01:40 PM

:previous:

that is what she said indeed, around minute 3:45: 'he will be there for the visit'.



I suppose he has still two weeks to hange his mind, if he has a tantrum indeed.

I thought the official policy of the court was not to add Hendrik to the guest list in advance. If he does come: all the better. If he does not: no harm done. In this case it is likely that there was some miscommunication.

Another option is that he will meet the king and queen privately of course.

Hannelore 03-16-2017 02:50 PM

To get into the mood, here's a look back at the Danish state visit to Belgium, when king Albert II received queen Margrethe II, in 2002.

Queen Mathilde: Flashback: Danish state visit

maria-olivia 03-16-2017 07:08 PM

Queen Mathilde does not have the Order of the Olifant and King Philippe has the Order but not the Collar.
I suppose they will receive their Danish Decorations at their arrival and will wear them at the First Gala Evening.
I don't know if Crown Princess Mary will receive the Belgian Order of Leopold ?

Mbruno 03-16-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannelore (Post 1968193)
To get into the mood, here's a look back at the Danish state visit to Belgium, when king Albert II received queen Margrethe II, in 2002.

Queen Mathilde: Flashback: Danish state visit

Back then, it appears that there were actually two tiara events during the State Visit. Queen Paola wore the Nine Provinces at the white-tie banquet and the Art Deco bandeau at the black-tie dinner.

GömdNatt 03-16-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1968269)
Queen Mathilde does not have the Order of the Olifant and King Philippe has the Order but not the Collar.
I suppose they will receive their Danish Decorations at their arrival and will wear them at the First Gala Evening.
I don't know if Crown Princess Mary will receive the Belgian Order of Leopold ?

Philippe should receive the Collar, and Mathilde should receive the Order of the Elephant now. As for Mary and Marie, should Belgium follow it's usual procotol, they will receive the Order of the Crown (if Marie receives anything).

Al_bina 03-16-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1967373)
... [snipped] The interviewer also asked to look to the future and what her opinions about abdications like in Belgium, the Vatican, The Netherlands and Spain was. She replied that each coutnry has their own traditions in this matter. In this country you stay as long as you live. That is how her father did it and what she intends to do. ...[snipped]

Thanks for summarising the interview!:flowers:
I do not understand questions about a possible abdication though.

mybags 03-16-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GömdNatt (Post 1968275)
Philippe should receive the Collar, and Mathilde should receive the Order of the Elephant now. As for Mary and Marie, should Belgium follow it's usual procotol, they will receive the Order of the Crown (if Marie receives anything).

There is only one class of the Order of the Elephant. Everyone who receives the order, automatically receives the collar. The collar of the order can only be worn on certain days of the year.

polyesco 03-23-2017 12:08 PM

from the DRF calendar

Tuesday March 28th
State Visit from Belgium
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde arrive at the Vilhelm Lauritzens Terminal at Copenhagen Airport

Official receipt of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde at Amalienborg

The Crown Prince Couple participates with King Philippe and Queen Mathilde in cruise in Copenhagen Harbor

H.M. The Queen will host a gala dinner in honor of The King and Queen of Belgium


Wednesday On 29 March
State Visit from Belgium

HRH Crown Prince visits together H.M. King Philippe Copenhagen City Hall

HRH Crown Prince visits with H.M. King Philippe Danish Industry

HRH The Crown Princess visits with H.M. Queen Mathilde Amager Common School

HRH Crown Prince visits with H.M. King Philippe State of Green

HRH The Crown Princess visits with H.M. Queen Mathilde UN City

HRH Crown Prince participates with H.M. King Philippe in High-Level lunch

HRH Crown Princess will host a working lunch attended by H.M. queen Mathilde

HRH Crown Prince visits with H.M. King Philippe Net Denmark

The Crown Prince Couple visits with H.M. King Philippe and Queen Mathilde Cinematheque

H.M. King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hold return event at the Black Diamond
H.M. Queen, Crown Prince Couple, D.K.H. Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and H. H. Princess Elisabeth participant

Mbruno 03-23-2017 01:08 PM

:previous:


Any details on the type of return event and the dress code ?

Alisa 03-23-2017 03:36 PM

Thank you polyesco for the detailed visit. It is interesting to see that the Crown Princely couple are handling the majority of the visit.

maria-olivia 03-23-2017 04:56 PM

Two tiaras Events ?the Attendance of Princess Elisabeth and not Count Ingolf?.

Terri Terri 03-23-2017 05:55 PM

OK. Has there been a change in the arrival part of state visits? The state visits of Iceland's and now Belgium's heads of state no longer include the entire DRF greeting the visiting heads at the airport. That is very apparent this year.
Also, is this the first time that Prince Henrik misses a state visit?

maria-olivia 03-23-2017 06:07 PM

Because the Consort is Queen !

Nordic 03-24-2017 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa (Post 1970409)
Thank you polyesco for the detailed visit. It is interesting to see that the Crown Princely couple are handling the majority of the visit.

The Crown Prince couple have handled the majority of the State Visits for the past 8 years now.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri Terri (Post 1970464)
OK. Has there been a change in the arrival part of state visits? The state visits of Iceland's and now Belgium's heads of state no longer include the entire DRF greeting the visiting heads at the airport. That is very apparent this year.

There is an official greeting at the airport attended by Queen M, the Crown Prince couple and Joachim&Marie. It's mentioned in the press programme.

Countessmeout 03-24-2017 02:43 AM

:previous: I think it's likely a mix of things.

Henrik has retired for the most part. Which means Marge is flying solo. Many of these events call for a couple. The couples pair up for events. Marge could accompany Philippe as the monarch, or his wife but not both.

Technically Fred could simply fill in, but I think age may be the other factor. Fred and Mary are the same age group as the Belgiahs. And until recently were both heirs. It likely makes as much sense to have Mary hits Mathilde for events, then Marge.


As for Ignof, he may be in attendance at the banquet. Unlike his sister, he is not always included in the family list. He is given precedence at events usually just behind her, but he is often on the main guest list and not the family section.

Nordic 03-24-2017 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1970561)
:previous: I think it's likely a mix of things.

Henrik has retired for the most part. Which means Marge is flying solo. Many of these events call for a couple. The couples pair up for events. Marge could accompany Philippe as the monarch, or his wife but not both.

Technically Fred could simply fill in, but I think age may be the other factor. Fred and Mary are the same age group as the Belgiahs. And until recently were both heirs. It likely makes as much sense to have Mary hits Mathilde for events, then Marge.

As I said, the CPC have handled most parts of the State Visits since the Greek State Visit in 2009. Regardless of the age group or who the visitors have been. Prince Henrik "retired" a year ago.

ricarda 03-24-2017 02:58 AM

Frederik and Mary have handled the majority of all incoming state visits since 2009. The reason given back then was the age and bad health of the Regent Couple. It has nothing to do with Henrik's retirement (the retirement has to do with age and bad health though).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri Terri (Post 1970464)
OK. Has there been a change in the arrival part of state visits? The state visits of Iceland's and now Belgium's heads of state no longer include the entire DRF greeting the visiting heads at the airport. That is very apparent this year.

The President of Iceland and his wife arrived a day earlier and had already spent the night in Copenhagen before the state visit started. That's the reason why there was no reception at the airport.

According to the press programme the Belgian King and Queen will be received at the airport.

Stefan 03-24-2017 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 1970563)
Prince Henrik "retired" a year ago.

But he took part in the State Visit from Iceland. And also in the uncoming State Visit's last year

Nordic 03-24-2017 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1970590)
But he took part in the State Visit from Iceland. And also in the uncoming State Visit's last year

He did. There was a thought that Prince Henrik's retirement might be the reason for "Fred"/The Crown Prince couple to "fill in", which it isn't, because the CPC have handled most things in connection with the State Visits since 2009, long before the retirement.

maria-olivia 03-24-2017 08:53 AM

He accepted Silvia and Sonja as Queen Consorts but he was younger !!!
He never accept in the past that his Son was the number 2.
His non attendance at the Queen's Birthday Banquet for some ilness but was seen on holiday.
Now he said to the press that Maxima was Consort and Queen...
Now his retirement , he attended because it was Mrs x , wife of the President but it is unfair not to be there for TH the King and the Queen of the Belgians's State Visit to his Country.

Muhler 03-24-2017 11:00 AM

:previous: Yeah, I guess it can be seen as a snub on the Belgian Regent Couple. But then, having PH entertaining (read: embarrassing) the party about him not being king, it's perhaps better he stays in the background. :whistling:

Roskilde 03-24-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 1970555)
The Crown Prince couple have handled the majority of the State Visits for the past 8 years now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 1970563)
As I said, the CPC have handled most parts of the State Visits since the Greek State Visit in 2009. Regardless of the age group or who the visitors have been.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricarda (Post 1970564)
Frederik and Mary have handled the majority of all incoming state visits since 2009. The reason given back then was the age and bad health of the Regent Couple. It has nothing to do with Henrik's retirement (the retirement has to do with age and bad health though).

Thank you Nordic and Ricarda to give good information about how Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary have been responsible for the vast majority of all the incoming state visits over the last many years. One can say that it's the Queen who is the official host, but the 'actual hosts' are Frederik and Mary.

Something that there could and should be much better focus on. Also in the Danish press. At the Icelandic state visit two months ago not even the DRF official Facebook posted any (if only very few) pictures from all Frederik and Mary's many official program events with the Icelandic President couple. Let's hope they do this time.

Muhler 03-27-2017 10:15 AM

Stand by for tomorrow when DR1 will send live from 19.05 (DK summertime) of the guests and royals arriving for the gala dinner at Christianborg.

The guests will walk past the cameras and photographers who will have lined up in the Drabant Hall. - So loads of photos coming!

Since DR1 is a public service channel, there are good chances you should be able to watch outside DK.

Otherwise check BB's site to see if they have some live coverage as well.

I'm sure kind people will post the links here. :smile:

As a guidance: The clock is 16.15 DK time as this is posted.

I intend to be around for commenting tomorrow.

polyesco 03-27-2017 11:27 AM

Here is the complete official program for the state visit

Program for statsbesøg fra Belgien | Kongehuset

Some notes on Day 1 tomorrow, At the arrival at the airport, the Queen, Crown Prince Couple and Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will be present. and at the arrival at Amalienborg there will be official photography of the Belgium royal couple and the Danish royal family.

The cruise in Copenhagen Harbor, by the Belgium royal couple and Frederik and Mary will include focus on renewable energy. :flowers:

Nordic 03-27-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1971453)
Program for statsbesøg fra Belgien | Kongehuset

Some notes on Day 1 tomorrow, At the arrival at the airport, the Queen, Crown Prince Couple and Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will be present. and at the arrival at Amalienborg there will be official photography of the Belgium royal couple and the Danish royal family.

There's an English version available :flowers:

Programme for state visit from Belgium | The Danish Monarchy - Front Page

There's also a carriage ride with the guests, Queen M and the Crown Prince couple.

ROYAL NORWAY 03-27-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1971428)
Stand by for tomorrow when DR1 will send live from 19.05 (DK summertime) of the guests and royals arriving for the gala dinner at Christianborg.

The guests will walk past the cameras and photographers who will have lined up in the Drabant Hall. - So loads of photos coming!

Since DR1 is a public service channel, there are good chances you should be able to watch outside DK.

Otherwise check BB's site to see if they have some live coverage as well.

I'm sure kind people will post the links here. :smile:

As a guidance: The clock is 16.15 DK time as this is posted.

I intend to be around for commenting tomorrow.

Large TV coverage:

DR1: From 19:05 to 19:55 and from 21:55 to 22:30

TV 2: From 20:50 to 22:00. (Not available for many outside Denmark, Norway and Sweden.)

I'm in Norway tomorrow, so I have access to TV 2 (which is the Danish channel I prefer when it comes to royal coverage)

polyesco 03-27-2017 12:21 PM

"Earlier in the day there was rehearsal of tomorrow's carriage ride where H.M. King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium, H.M. The Queen and the Crown Prince and Princess at 11.00 will be escorted by carriage of Gardehussarregimentets horse squadron to Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSJbmwGj...danskekongehus

the carriage ride with the Crown Prince Couple is something new right?

Mbruno 03-27-2017 12:43 PM

"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1971464)
"Earlier in the day there was rehearsal of tomorrow's carriage ride where H.M. King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium, H.M. The Queen and the Crown Prince and Princess at 11.00 will be escorted by carriage of Gardehussarregimentets horse squadron to Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSJbmwGj...danskekongehus

the carriage ride with the Crown Prince Couple is something new right?

I don't think so. See the footage below of Queen Elizabeth II's visit to Denmark in 1957. The Queen rode with King Frederik IX in one carriage while the Duke of Edinburgh rode with Queen Ingrid and Princess Margrethe, the heiress to the throne (she was not officially called "Crown Princess" because that title is only for an heiress apparent or the wife of an heir apparent while she was only an heiress presumptive).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4j3-oiBkGs&t=14s

Stefan 03-27-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 1971457)
There's an English version available :flowers:

Programme for state visit from Belgium | The Danish Monarchy - Front Page

There's also a carriage ride with the guests, Queen M and the Crown Prince couple.

Inreresting. There wasn'tz one at the dutch state Visit. From where will the ride to Amalienborg?

Nordic 03-27-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1971489)
Inreresting. There wasn'tz one at the dutch state Visit. From where will the ride to Amalienborg?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer....59448175&z=16

From Kastellet (The Citadel) to Amalienborg.

irish_royalist 03-27-2017 03:08 PM

Unfortunately I don't follow the DRF very closely, but Prince Henrik is conspicuous by his absence in the programme of events. I know I read something about his retiring from 'royal duties' - I assume this is the reason?

Muhler 03-27-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish_royalist (Post 1971519)
Unfortunately I don't follow the DRF very closely, but Prince Henrik is conspicuous by his absence in the programme of events. I know I read something about his retiring from 'royal duties' - I assume this is the reason?

That's correct.

There is an entire thread dedicated to this fascinating "retirement" here: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6-a-39965.html :biggrin:

wartenberg7 03-27-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1970561)
:previous: I think it's likely a mix of things.

Henrik has retired for the most part. Which means Marge is flying solo. Many of these events call for a couple. The couples pair up for events. Marge could accompany Philippe as the monarch, or his wife but not both.

Technically Fred could simply fill in, but I think age may be the other factor. Fred and Mary are the same age group as the Belgiahs. And until recently were both heirs. It likely makes as much sense to have Mary hits Mathilde for events, then Marge.


Who is "Marge":ermm:?!?

duke of poliganc 03-27-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wartenberg7 (Post 1971541)
Who is "Marge":ermm:?!?

queen margrethe .

ladongas 03-27-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wartenberg7 (Post 1971541)
Who is "Marge":ermm:?!?

Marge is the one who will be greeting Phil and Mattie.

eya 03-28-2017 02:49 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde pictured at Melsbroek Airport ahead of the departure on the first day of a three days State visit of the Belgian royal couple to Denmark, Tuesday 28 March 2017, in Melsbroek, Brussels.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_CUn5XgAAyxAq.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_CUoAWsAAnkMO.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_CUn7WsAAu6hK.jpg
Belga Image

Queen Mathilde inside the airplane

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_SQs6XwAAjM9a.jpg

Preparations in Denmark

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_Ra9pXwAAGC0U.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_UpDiXQAEwzmj.jpg

First pictures from arrival

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_bNJHVUAAS07u.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_bNJMVMAAN_Pp.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_bNJJVYAAtJ6g.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_bkllXkAA9qEq.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_bklmW4AAj3wR.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_bklmWsAA2w0N.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_bklnX0AArnoB.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_doeuXQAAxE79.jpg

Gallery
https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/5752775

Muhler 03-28-2017 04:04 AM

For those few who can watch TV2 outside DK, they are sending live now from the airport.

I won't bother provide a live link, because most here can't see anything. :sad:

The ladies look elegant. Mary wearing a pill-box. Our Marie wearing a head-thingy.
QMII is her usual style.

As can be expected Queen Mathilde is also looking elegant.

It's always disconcerting to see Joachim bow deeply. He's a tall man and I always fear he might knock someone over.

---------------------

And the saga about PH continues.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/dronning-mar...bart-helt-fejl

In the interview to the Belgian press QMII said that although PH has more or less retired he would be present at part of the visit.
That will not be the case.

PH is abroad somewhere and will not take part in the state visit at all.

Further info is expected as the press digs deeper.

ROYAL NORWAY 03-28-2017 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1971661)
For those few who can watch TV2 outside DK, they are sending live now from the airport.

I'm sitting in my the office and have watched it live on TV2. The coverage continues on TV2 News, which I unfortunately don't have access to here in Norway.

Hannelore 03-28-2017 04:31 AM

Obviously friends!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_bNJMVMAAN_Pp.jpg

wonderful to see :flowers:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1971661)
For those few who can watch TV2 outside DK, they are sending live now from the airport.

It's always disconcerting to see Joachim bow deeply. He's a tall man and I always fear he might knock someone over.

LOL :lol::lol::lol: Looking forward to your witty remarks during this visit!

ROYAL NORWAY 03-28-2017 05:05 AM

Live coverage on TV2 now of the carriage procession.

ROYAL NORWAY 03-28-2017 05:18 AM

Article with video:
Her ankommer det belgiske regentpar: Statsbesøg kan få stor betydning - TV 2

Muhler 03-28-2017 05:24 AM

:previous: A double-thanks, Royal Norway. :flowers:

If you leave the link on after watching the clip from today, it continues witha report from Berleburg and the Funeral of Prince Richard.

Marengo 03-28-2017 05:25 AM

The police officers behind the car do not seem too impressed with the visitors, they seem more focussed on aerobic jumps.

Marika86 03-28-2017 05:39 AM

Getty Images: King Philippe And Queen Mathilde Visit Denmark - Day 1

Mbruno 03-28-2017 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannelore (Post 1971665)
Obviously friends!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7_bNJMVMAAN_Pp.jpg

wonderful to see :flowers:


Queen Margrethe II said in her interview to the Belgian press that she considers the Belgian royals "family" even though they are not that close in terms of degrees of kinship ( King Albert II is her second cousin ).

iceflower 03-28-2017 06:24 AM

.

Two more galleries of day 1:


** ppe gallery ** rex gallery **


Today's gettyimages gallery without watermarks:


** zimbio: King Philippe And Queen Mathilde Visit Denmark - Day 1 **


Another video of the arrival:


** kongehuset.dk: Modtagelse i lufthavnen **


And the official gallery that will be updated during the day:


** kongehuset.dk: Statsbesøg fra Belgien - dag 1 **



And a pictured article:


** dailymail: Blue and green SHOULD be seen! Queen Mathilde and Crown Princess Mary are pretty in pastels..**

Muhler 03-28-2017 06:31 AM

The royals were escorted to Amalienborg in two carriages, escorted by the Guards Hussars.
King Phillipe and QMII in the first carriage and Queen Mathilde with M&F in the second carriage.
They rode from Kastellet (part of Copenhagen Fortress) to Amalienborg. Depending on the route that's 1-1½ Km.

Here they were more formally greeted and shown their rooms at Christian VII's Mansion. That took place at 11.00.

As this is written the Belgian RC are expected at Christiansborg, where they will meet the PM, Lars Løkke and the Chairman of the Parliament, Pia Kjærsgaard.

--------------

Added: Thanks, Iceflower.

In the video you kindly posted you can hear a tune when the Belgain RC go down the stairs and later again when inspecting the honor guard. It's the Colour March, which is also a salute. So you'll hear it a few times tonight when the royals and guests arrive at the gala dinner.

-----------------

Added: BT has elaborated on the previous article about PH: https://www.bt.dk/royale/laest-klar-k...t-dronningen-i

Seemingly not being able to get a clear answer from the court they have asked a royal expert, Sebastian Olden-Jørgensen, for a comment.
He says that either there has been a mistake in the communication. I.e. that QMII had the impression that PH would take part. Or PH changed his mind.
PH is basically sticking to his decision about only being a Prince, and no longer the Prince Consort. Which means he attends family events and events more personally relevant for him, like protections and so on.
The expert think that if the latter is the case it might have embarrassed QMII a bit.
Oh well, even when he's not there PH manage to get some press...

Mbruno 03-28-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1971693)
The royals were escorted to Amalienborg in two carriages, escorted by the Guards Hussars.
King Phillipe and QMII in the first carriage and Queen Mathilde with M&F in the second carriage.
They rode from Kastellet (part of Copenhagen Fortress) to Amalienborg. Depending on the route that's 1-1½ Km.

Here they were more formally greeted and shown their rooms at Christian VII's Mansion. That took place at 11.00.

As this is written the Belgian RC are expected at Christiansborg, where they will meet the PM, Lars Løkke and the Chairman of the Parliament, Pia Kjærsgaard.

--------------

Added: Thanks, Iceflower.

In the video you kindly posted you can hear a tune when the Belgain RC go down the stairs and later again when inspecting the honor guard. It's the Colour March, which is also a salute. So you'll hear it a few times tonight when the royals and guests arrive at the gala dinner.

-----------------

Added: BT has elaborated on the previous article about PH: Efter Prins Henriks kovending: 'Det må have bragt Dronningen i forlegenhed' | BT Royale - www.bt.dk

Seemingly not being able to get a clear answer from the court they have asked a royal expert, Sebastian Olden-Jørgensen, for a comment.
He says that either there has been a mistake in the communication. I.e. that QMII had the impression that PH would take part. Or PH changed his mind.
PH is basically sticking to his decision about only being a Prince, and no longer the Prince Consort. Which means he attends family events and events more personally relevant for him, like protections and so on.
The expert think that if the latter is the case it might have embarrassed QMII a bit.
Oh well, even when he's not there PH manage to get some press...

I think it would be Ok if Prince Henrik were consistent and did not take part in any state visit. However, he was present at the state dinner for the president of Iceland and now chose not to attend the Belgian state dinner, which is odd.

Nordic 03-28-2017 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1971709)
I think it would be Ok if Prince Henrik were consistent and did not take part in any state visit. However, he was present at the state dinner for the president of Iceland and now chose not to attend the Belgian state dinner, which is odd.

Yes, and I also hope that this was the last time that Queen Margrethe first says that he is taking part and a week or two later it's announced that he isn't.

ROYAL NORWAY 03-28-2017 08:25 AM

Video from DR where you can see a bit of the carriage procession:
Belgisk statsbesøg: Lær vores kongelige gæster at kende | Nyheder | DR

If I had not been so busy with work and family, I would have traveled to Denmark and worked from our office there. Why? Because I would have had access to TV2 News.

Henrik:
Q: Is QMII offended/embarrassed by it? Answer: No, I don't think so. She knows whom she is married to, and she's used to it.

Muhler 03-28-2017 10:34 AM

And here is a nice BB video of the royals arriving at Amalienborg - in chronological order: SE VIDEO: Galant kronprins Frederik på hyggelig karettur med Mathilde og Mary | BILLED-BLADET

Our reporter, the Ulrik Ulriksen, tells us that Frederik was in a very merry mood in the carriage with his two ladies.

-----------------

And the first report from Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...y-Denmark.html

maria-olivia 03-28-2017 10:39 AM

What a warm welcome from Queen Margarethe.

MidwestMom 03-28-2017 10:45 AM

Great pics and videos. The ladies all look lovely in their spring colors. At the airport, it worked out nicely that in Henrik's absence, Frederik escorted Mathilde, and Joachim escorted Mary and Marie. Why didn't someone give QMII a helping hand when she was getting out of the carriage? She seemed to be a little stiff. It looks like a foggy and chilly day in Copenhagen. Looking forward to more information as the day goes on.

ANNIE_S 03-28-2017 11:20 AM

I for one don't miss Prince Henrik. Everything looked very natural the way they have managed his absence, QM with KP, QMat with Frederik and Joachim scorting Mary and Marie, and then both sovereigns in a carriage and the Queen with the CP couple in another one.

The carriage ride was lovely to see, by the way. Hope they'll mantain it for future visits. I would have love a little more of public, but I know it's a working day a also looks like a chilly one in Copenhaguen.

Muhler 03-28-2017 11:38 AM

A 28 minute video from BB of the arrival at the airport: SE VIDEO: Kærligt, kongeligt gensyn i Københavns Lufthavn | BILLED-BLADET

I'll return later to comment on this video, so please don't merge it with my previous post as editing is ongoing.

(Editing is now complete).
-------

Lets get to work.

Trine Larsen, who is seen with the microphone, tells us that the Belgian Foreign Minister is not in the delegation, he has become ill.

At around 06:30 QMII arrives, accompanied by the chief of her staff of adjutants. He is also a chamberlain, which you can tell from the key on the light blue piece of cloth near his right rear pocket.
As always she will inspect (and formally take charge) of the honor guard. Notice how she always nod the colour that is being lowered as a salute, while the Colour March is heard.
There are 110 guardsmen present turned out in the finest, red gala one, so it's actually quite a walk.
After having inspected the detachment, QMII turns to their commanding officer, carry on, after which he again takes command of the detachment, albeit under the overall command of QMII via her adjutant while she's present.

The terminal is the same used for most if not all foreign state visits. For practical reasons as you can imagine. In order not to disrupt the ongoings of a busy airport.
But just as much for security and because there are facilities to accommodate the royals and their guests while waiting.
And just as importantly, having 110 man standing around for almost an hour, is less disruptive if it happens at one of the more remote gates. Not to mention that roaring jet-engines have a tendency to spoil the music...
Yeah, yaeh, I know, this is pretty obvious to old hands, but perhaps newbies are reading over our shoulders.
Actually the terminal is the very first terminal at Copenhagen Airport. Build in 1939. It was initially located some 3-4 Km away, at where the main terminals are located today. And in a one-night-move in 1999 the whole terminal was moved to its present location, before being restored to how it looked originally.

As you can tell we in DK opt for the simple solution. The red carpet is rolled out from where the plane stands, not other way around... Makes life easier on cold, windy and rainy days. It also makes it easier when the stairs are being driven to the wrong door... - By some minor mistake the stairs were driven to the emergency exist and while the Belgian RC would like to get on the ground to meet the DRF, they may not be in that of a hurry...

When Belgium One is safe on the ground and the carpet rolled to the right exit, the Belgian ambassador boards the plane. Partly to greet his head of state, but also because until this moment the Belgian ambassador was the direct representative of the Belgian head of state in Denmark, outranking even government ministers in the eyes of the royal protocol. Presumably he also tells the Belgian RC that the natives are hostiles and its safe to venture out - you never know...
The ambassador is escorted by the Master of Ceremonies, Kim Christensen. Partly as a cutesy towards the ambassador but also to inform the guest of whatever strange welcoming rituals the natives have in store for them...
In the meantime the DRF line up in order of rank. Notice the greetings they are especially heartfelt, as the shake hands an kiss first - then bow or curtsy.

After listening to the Belgian anthem, it's time for the Belgian King to inspect the honor guard. Which is the polite thing to do, they are after all standing there in his honor. - And previously it was also a statement: "See how fine my soldiers are, it would be a good idea for Belgium and Denmark to remain on friendly terms, right?!?"
I see King Phillipe's adjutant is from the air force. Notice how the two Monarchs nod to the colour.

The Music Corps of the Royal Lifeguard Regiment, are professional civilian musicians employed by the Ministry of Defense, but the drummers and fifers are conscripts.
The Royal Lifeguard is a heavy infantry regiment of the line (today a mechanized regiment) and as such drummers were the signalmen, with the fifers being back-ups. In a light infantry regiment, the signalmen would be hornists (not buglars like in say the US military). The Guards Hussars use trompeters as signalmen.

polyesco 03-28-2017 12:00 PM

thank you to all for the links and information, a nice start to the royal visit.

Another article and video after the carriage ride
SE VIDEO: Galant kronprins Frederik på hyggelig karettur med Mathilde og Mary | BILLED-BLADET

Very nice picture of Frederik
https://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...8C7485F4B1.jpg


The two couples on the boat trip,
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSL4Dsdj...danskekongehus
https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2...E170328127.jpg
https://twitter.com/SandraCardoen/st...34196341133312
you can notice the close relationship between the two couples
https://scontent-eze1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c5&oe=59589A46
https://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...ef7&m=kgopmjdn
https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...ef7&m=ipnenoie
https://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...ef7&m=fcoccjpl
https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...ef7&m=dpkkelib

https://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...ef7&m=celhgchc

Muhler 03-28-2017 12:04 PM

Thanks, Polyesco :flowers:

Yes, I'm sure they use any opportunity to catch up. A phone call or Skype isn't the same as a face-to-face chat.

Frederik sure is fond of scarves these days. :cool:

ANNIE_S 03-28-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1971773)
A 28 minute video from BB of the arrival at the airport: SE VIDEO: Kærligt, kongeligt gensyn i Københavns Lufthavn | BILLED-BLADET

Interesting that Joachim, Mary and Marie all bow to the Belgian King and Queen but Frederik doesn't :mellow:

Muhler 03-28-2017 12:15 PM

In less than an hour from now DR1 will send live from Christiansborg and the guests and royal arriving for the gala dinner. See it here: https://www.dr.dk/tv/live/dr1

I hope you can watch this outside DK.

If not try check BB's website. they may go live as well or at least have a long summary later this evening.

The dinner is to start at 20.00, so don't worry if you are a bit late. And there are the speeches as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNIE_S (Post 1971783)
Interesting that Joachim, Mary and Marie all bow to the Belgian King and Queen but Frederik doesn't :mellow:

Weeell, Frederik and formalities are not invariably mentioned in the same sentence. :biggrin:

A BB video report from the tour of the harbor: SE VIDEO: Kronprinsesse Mary og kronprins Frederik tog Mathilde og Albert med på sejltur i solskin | BILLED-BLADET

It took about half an hour, departing from Toldboden and couple of hundred meters from Amalienborg and returning there.
I have a feeling this trip was just as much for the Belgian RC and M&F to have a chat on their own than to enjoy the scenery.

The building Mary points out as some point I the Black Diamond. The library where the return dinner will take place tomorrow.

Nordic 03-28-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1971793)
A BB video report from the tour of the harbor

It took about half an hour, departing from Toldboden and couple of hundred meters from Amalienborg and returning there.
I have a feeling this trip was just as much for the Belgian RC and M&F to have a chat on their own than to enjoy the scenery.
.

From the official programme ;)

"The sailing tour will focus on renewable energy, among other things."

ROYAL NORWAY 03-28-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNIE_S (Post 1971783)
Interesting that Joachim, Mary and Marie all bow to the Belgian King and Queen but Frederik doesn't :mellow:

Frederik is very laid-back, and I don't think he finds it natural to bow to anyone (whether it's monarchs or presidents).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1971787)
Weeell, Frederik and formalities are not invariably mentioned in the same sentence. :biggrin:

Exactly!

polyesco 03-28-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1971781)
Thanks, Polyesco :flowers:

Yes, I'm sure they use any opportunity to catch up. A phone call or Skype isn't the same as a face-to-face chat.

Frederik sure is fond of scarves these days. :cool:

It's to keep warm, you don't want him catching a cold ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNIE_S (Post 1971783)
Interesting that Joachim, Mary and Marie all bow to the Belgian King and Queen but Frederik doesn't :mellow:

I think its the close friendship between Frederik and Philippe. He also did not bow at the airport for King Wiliem-Alexander during that state visit. But he did do a bow to the Mexican President last year for example


Added:
group photo with some of the Belgium delegation
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8BQzBSVQAAEUgx.jpg
on the boat tour
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8BQzBPVAAAUzRu.jpg

and King Philippe taking a photo of the palace
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSMCgZ9gPD-/

Muhler 03-28-2017 01:00 PM

The live coverage of the arriving guests starts in five minutes: https://www.dr.dk/tv/live/dr1

I will from time to time add a comment to this post based on what is shown in the link.

There will be a second coverage later.

---------------

The comments consistently mention the positive influence of Queen Mathilde on her husband and also King Phillipe's growing popularity in Belgium.

The former Master of Ceremonies, Christian Eugen Olsen, says to PH's absence that Prince Henrik has retired and opted for a trip abroad.

The royals will start to arrive around 19.40.

The Belgian RC will be the last to arrive - so that QMII can officially welcome them.

---------------------

A number of the guests are people who either have some affiliation to Belgium, like footballers, or is well-known in Belgium, like actors from the political Tv-series Borgen, which is apparently very popular in Belgium.

It's a common international that the host-nation house and feed and pay the bill for some fifteen members of the visiting dignitaries. No matter what country it is.
Of course a number of countries have a larger official delegation, but then they have to pay for the surplus, so to speak, themselves.
The point is of course not to annoy (and ruin) the host country by having a retinue of several thousand.

----------------------

If you wonder why Joachim kept his headgear on, it's because even though you are required to remove your headgear when going inside (there are some exceptions though) there is an honor guard present, and you are supposed to wear your headgear when walking past the honor guard, also inside. Once past the honor guard you remove your headgear.
You can also remove your headgear when going inside, putting it back on when passing the honor guard and then remove it again.

- But you know, the navy... They are basically uncouth oarsmen.

---------------

As the guests of honor the Belgian RC are the last to arrive, but when the dinner is over, they will be the first to leave.

Rudolph 03-28-2017 01:03 PM

I think a bow or curtsey is always appropriate. You salute the rank, not the individual.

polyesco 03-28-2017 01:20 PM

live link for the gala from Billedbladet (works for me here in the US) :flowers:
https://www.facebook.com/billedblade...4828433667928/

the guest list for the dinner
Gæsteliste ved Gallataffel på Christiansborg Slot | Kongehuset
Frederik is listed right after the Queen and before the Belgium Royal couple, Mary right after the Belgium royal couple
and more info
Borddekorationer ved taffelbordet | Kongehuset

mademoisellekate 03-28-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1971807)
live link for the gala from Billedbladet (works for me here in the US) :flowers:
https://www.facebook.com/billedblade...4828433667928/

And here is one from DR.dk: Gallataffel til ære for belgisk regentpar | Nyheder | DR

Stefan 03-28-2017 01:42 PM

Mary jin the ruby tiara and i think also the necklace


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises