The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of the National Portrait Gallery (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/the-duchess-of-cambridge-as-patron-of-the-national-portrait-gallery-41720.html)

IloveCP 02-08-2012 09:04 PM

She looks lovely.She looks very at ease doing an engagement alone.

sheikah deena 02-08-2012 09:44 PM

She Look Wonderful Very Elegant I like her Outfit and Dimond Bracelet , First Time She attend official event without Prince William :flowers: Thanx For ALL :flowers:
Very Nice Pictures

Tiggersk8 02-09-2012 12:24 AM

I think I'm safe in saying Kate pulled off her first solo engagement w/flying colours!!

Love that outfit. ITA w/those who said it's very 50's in look, but also very classic and classy. Also love the bling Kate paired w/it.

She looked relaxed and confident and it was lovely to see. From all accounts, Kate did a fantastic job w/her first engagement as Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge. :o)

Thanks to one and all for the links!!

Marika86 02-09-2012 08:04 AM

Kate Middleton visits National Portrait Gallery to Lucian Freud exhibition - hellomagazine.com

grevinnan 02-09-2012 08:45 AM

Very lovely. The Duchess choose a very worthy event for her first outing and she looked absolutely lovely.

TLLK 02-09-2012 11:24 AM

She looked at ease during this event. I'm hoping that we'll have the opportunity to see her at another solo engagement soon.

PrincessKaimi 02-09-2012 11:37 AM

The Portrait Gallery must be accustomed to special events, and the directors would have much experience in speaking to people about art, all of which eases the event more than (for example) visiting land mine victims. I think she chose her event well - and that it's important she have some fun on her own while William is away.

It's the sort of thing a young woman would want to do anyway, but I wonder how it feels for her that she can't really just pop in during regular hours and have a peek at the Lucien Freud exhibit?

LadyGabrielle 02-09-2012 02:09 PM

Well once again Catherine has done an excellent job. She looked wonderful and she handled her first solo appearance with grace and ease. She is a natural and thank goodness she was prepared and given time to ease into her new role. I think William will be very proud of her. Well done Catherine.

marine2109 02-09-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Catherine Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) arrives at the National Portrait Gallery for her first solo public engagement
London, England - 08.02.12
WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Quote:

The Duchess of Cambridge note exceeds his first solo act
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_ing...nda-solitario/

https://translate.google.com.tr/trans...rio%2F&act=url

Al_bina 02-09-2012 05:58 PM

Spletnik -Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, attended Lucian Freud exhibition

Baroness of Books 02-09-2012 08:05 PM

I'll tell you truthfully, I don't know how Kate can balance on those heels and if that were me wearing those stilts, I'd be on my keister!

cmbruno 02-09-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1368940)
I'll tell you truthfully, I don't know how Kate can balance on those heels and if that were me wearing those stilts, I'd be on my keister!

It was nothing at all! Brave was Victoria Beckham pregnant with a 9 month belly and her heels way higher!

XeniaCasaraghi 02-09-2012 09:09 PM

Yeah Victoria is a major high heel wearer. I take my hat off to her. I'm sure the women who can wear heels flawlessly, have had to practice in them.

Daria_S 02-09-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1368940)

You and me both! And yes, Catherine did wonderfully on Tuesday evening. William must be beaming with pride, along with the rest of the family.

Here's the flickr picture from the engagement posted on my twitter.

The Duchess of Cambridge visits the Lucien Freud Portraits Exhibition | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

CrownPrincess5 02-10-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books

Oh those heels are nothing! I wear heels way higher than that and I love them! Must admit she looks beautiful and graceful.

Is this her first solo engagement??

cinrit 02-10-2012 10:55 AM

:previous: It's her first planned solo engagement. She filled in for Prince Charles in October of last year, at a dinner to aid In Kind Direct, when Charles was obligated to travel to Riyadh to offer his condolences upon the death of the Crown Prince:

Kate Middleton performs first solo engagement - Telegraph

About her heels ... I thought I was the Queen of Heels. I can run, dance, walk up and down stairs in them ... but only in 3-inch heels. I wouldn't attempt even walking a straight line in any as high as she wore. She's one well-balanced lady! :smile:

sheikah deena 02-10-2012 01:20 PM

I Think She Look Gorgeous , I Like The shoes Look Very Elegant & Diamond Bracelet Look Very unique :flowers:

cepe 07-11-2012 11:42 AM

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit The National Portrait Gallery’s Road to 2012: Aiming High Exhibition in London on July 19.

The Duchess of Cambridge will meet photographers and athletes at that July 19 exhibition documenting preparations for the London Olympics.

Source: Richard Palmer @ Daily Express

hkittybaby 07-11-2012 01:34 PM

new engagement!!

Clarence House@ClarenceHouse
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @NPGLondon to view Road to 2012: Aiming High exhibition on Thurs 19th Jul #London2012 #OlympicAmbassador

Daria_S 07-11-2012 03:44 PM

A bit more on next week's engagement via 'MAJESTY' Magazine's facebook page:

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, will visit the National Portrait Gallery’s 'Road to 2012: Aiming High' exhibition on 19 July, St James's Palace has announced.

The Duchess will join selected guests at the launch of the exhibition and meet some of the photographers and sitters involved in the Road to 2012 project.

There will be four short speeches during the opening of the exhibition, including one from Tanni Grey-Thompson, the UK’s most successful Paralympian and Ambassador for the London 2012 bid team.