The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels General Discussion (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/)
-   -   Tiara and Jewels guessing for Prince Charles Coronation (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/tiara-and-jewels-guessing-for-prince-charles-coronation-41204.html)

duke of poliganc 08-24-2016 09:41 AM

Tiara and Jewels guessing for Prince Charles Coronation

with all the hires of thrones in europe being already married or too young , the next most glittering event will be prince charles coronation , so can we guess the jewels that will be worn by the british royal family , the british nobility , the representatives of other royal houses

duke of poliganc 08-24-2016 03:04 PM

my guess for the british royal family
The Princess Royal : the Double Meander Tiara
the Duchess of Cambridge : Queen Mary's Cambridge Lovers' Knot Tiara
the duchess of york if she attended : her wedding tiara
the Countess of Wessex : the Aquamarine Necklace Tiara
the Duchess of Gloucester : Princess Marie Louise Cartier indian Tiara
the Duchess of Kent : the Cambridge's Sapphire Parure Necklace Tiara
Princess Michael of Kent : the Kent's diamond and pearl Festoon Tiara
Princess Alexandra : the Ogilvy Tiara
Autumn Phillips : the Diamond Festoon Tiara
Zara Tindall : Princess Alice's Meander Tiara
the Viscountess Linley : the Duchess of Teck's Hoop Necklace Tiara
Lady Sarah Chatto : the Snowdon Floral Tiara
the Countess of Ulster : the Gloucester Palmette tiara
Lady Davina Lewis : the iveagh diamond tiara
Lady Rose Gilman : The Gloucester Diamond Bandeau
the Countess of St Andrews : the Pearl & Diamond Fringe Tiara
Lady Frederick Windsor : the diamond fringe tiara
Lady Gabriella Windsor : The Duchess of Argyll's daisy brooches tiara
Laura Lopes ( the duchess of Cornwall daughter ) : the Cubitt shand floral tiara

HRHHermione 08-24-2016 09:05 PM

I think an event like that is totally impossible to predict with any accuracy. It's a once in a lifetime event. (And it makes folks understandably a little uncomfortable to do this kind of speculation on an event that won't come until the Queen dies.)

Curryong 08-24-2016 09:29 PM

I'm sure no-one wants the Queen dead any time in the foreseeable future. However, at the end of a long reign there is inevitably speculation about the next stage of the monarchy and national life. It happened when Queen Victoria was over eighty, and it's happening now with a monarch entering her nineties. No-one can go on for ever, not even our wonderful Queen. It's only natural to speculate on things, IMHO.

I don't know which tiaras and other jewels will be worn at King Charles's Coronation. (I don't think the Duchess of York will be attending as a Royal so there won't be any need for her to wear a tiara. Nor, with the best will, in the world, can I see Zara or Autumn in tiaras. Bandeaus perhaps.)

I would imagine that Kate will wear the Cambridge, though, as Charles is a big occasion man I am looking forward to more tiara events in the next reign and those BP Jewel vaults to be really unlocked.

That will mean Camilla, who really rocks the big tiaras, may be out and about at various evening functions such as premieres of the ballet at Covent Garden wearing one. I really hope those days come back and Kate has a selection to wear. What's the point of gorgeous jewels staying locked in vaults?

LauraS3514 08-25-2016 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke of poliganc (Post 1919089)
my guess for the british royal family
The Princess Royal : the Double Meander Tiara
the Duchess of Cambridge : Queen Mary's Cambridge Lovers' Knot Tiara
the duchess of york if she attended : her wedding tiara
the Countess of Wessex : the Aquamarine Necklace Tiara
the Duchess of Gloucester : Princess Marie Louise Cartier indian Tiara
the Duchess of Kent : the Cambridge's Sapphire Parure Necklace Tiara
Princess Michael of Kent : the Kent's diamond and pearl Festoon Tiara
Princess Alexandra : the Ogilvy Tiara
Autumn Phillips : the Diamond Festoon Tiara
Zara Tindall : Princess Alice's Meander Tiara
the Viscountess Linley : the Duchess of Teck's Hoop Necklace Tiara
Lady Sarah Chatto : the Snowdon Floral Tiara
the Countess of Ulster : the Gloucester Palmette tiara
Lady Davina Lewis : the iveagh diamond tiara
Lady Rose Gilman : The Gloucester Diamond Bandeau
the Countess of St Andrews : the Pearl & Diamond Fringe Tiara
Lady Frederick Windsor : the diamond fringe tiara
Lady Gabriella Windsor : The Duchess of Argyll's daisy brooches tiara
Laura Lopes ( the duchess of Cornwall daughter ) : the Cubitt shand floral tiara

I would think that Lady Davina, Lady Rose, Lady Frederick and Lady Gabriella will not wear tiaras as they're too far from the throne (great-grandchildren (and spouse). Laura Lopes definitely won't. Zara might as the granddaughter of a sovereign even though she's not titled; same for Lady Sarah. The Countesses of Ulster and St. Andrews might be in tiaras but maybe not as their husbands' titles are courtesy titles only.

I noticed you left Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie off your list. I would think one of them would wear their mother's tiara and the other possibly the Lotus or the Halo, with Lady Louise, if she's over 18, wearing the other. Sarah York would only be there if by some slim chance she and Andrew had remarried.

And many of these tiaras would be worn with coronets inside them after the actual crowning; either those of duchesses, or daughter (Anne) and granddaughters of a sovereign (Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, Louise, Zara, and Lady Sarah.)

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 1919203)
I think an event like that is totally impossible to predict with any accuracy. It's a once in a lifetime event. (And it makes folks understandably a little uncomfortable to do this kind of speculation on an event that won't come until the Queen dies.)

Actually i thought it would be uncomfortable also but i saw threads about prince charles coronation and regnal name and what type of regin his will be so i thought it would be okay

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1919206)
I don't know which tiaras and other jewels will be worn at King Charles's Coronation. (I don't think the Duchess of York will be attending as a Royal so there won't be any need for her to wear a tiara. Nor, with the best will, in the world, can I see Zara or Autumn in tiaras. Bandeaus perhaps.)

Even if she didn't attend as a royal she is still a duchess she will difently need a tiara

Duc_et_Pair 08-25-2016 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke of poliganc (Post 1919248)
Even if she didn't attend as a royal she is still a duchess she will difently need a tiara

Sarah is no Duchess. She is styled with the title of her ex-husband. A quite peculiar custom which is allowed in the UK and should be forbidden, if you ask me.

The stepmother of the late Diana was married to a French count and became known as Madame la Comtesse Jean-François Pineton de Chambrun. When she divorced him, she did not return to her maiden name (Raine McCorquodale) but choose to go with the name of her second husband: Raine, Countess Spencer.

A most peculiar custom and impossible in most other countries. Divorced is divorced. The examples of Sarah, Diana and Raine show that it simply confuses the general public. Sarah is no Duchess anymore but almost everyone thinks she is. Diana was no Princess anymore but almost everyone thought she was. Instead of reverting to a maiden name, these ladies remained known with a name from a broken marriage. In Denmark Princess Alexandra divorced and with that she ceased to be a Princess of Denmark. Period. That is transparancy and clarity.

If Sarah Ferguson a.k.a. "Sarah, Duchess of York" will be invited (which seems unlikely to me) she will indeed wear her only diadem. If she still has it and not pawned or sold.

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraS3514 (Post 1919232)
I would think that Lady Davina, Lady Rose, Lady Frederick and Lady Gabriella will not wear tiaras as they're too far from the throne (great-grandchildren (and spouse). Laura Lopes definitely won't. Zara might as the granddaughter of a sovereign even though she's not titled; same for Lady Sarah. The Countesses of Ulster and St. Andrews might be in tiaras but maybe not as their husbands' titles are courtesy titles only.

I noticed you left Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie off your list. I would think one of them would wear their mother's tiara and the other possibly the Lotus or the Halo, with Lady Louise, if she's over 18, wearing the other. Sarah York would only be there if by some slim chance she and Andrew had remarried.

And many of these tiaras would be worn with coronets inside them after the actual crowning; either those of duchesses, or daughter (Anne) and granddaughters of a sovereign (Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, Louise, Zara, and Lady Sarah.)

When you see the pictures of the 1937 and 1953 you will see that even distance relatives attended and all wore tiaras if a baroness wore a tiara then definitely the granddaughters and great-granddaughters of the monarch will wear tiaras
I'm a strong believer that Laura Lopes will wear a tiara her mother would be the queen or even the consort and the fact that her own family own a tiara make me believe more that she will wear a tiara when u see the 1937 coronation you will see a lot of the queen mother family member's attended and all wore tiaras and even one of here sisters borrowed the Lotus diamond and pearl tiara .
I left Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie cause they are the hardest to guess their branch of the family only have one tiara and i guessed that their mother will wear it so until we see the tiaras they will wear on their wedding days and if they wore their mother's tiara it will be even harder to guess what tiaras they will wear .

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1919254)
Sarah is no Duchess. She is styled with the title of her ex-husband. A quite peculiar custom which is allowed in the UK and should be forbidden, if you ask me.

The stepmother of the late Diana was married to a French count and became known as Madame la Comtesse Jean-François Pineton de Chambrun. When she divorced him, she did not return to her maiden name (Raine McCorquodale) but choose to go with the name of her second husband: Raine, Countess Spencer.

A most peculiar custom and impossible in most other countries. Divorced is divorced. The examples of Sarah, Diana and Raine show that it simply confuses the general public. Sarah is no Duchess anymore but almost everyone thinks she is. Diana was no Princess anymore but almost everyone thought she was. Instead of reverting to a maiden name, these ladies remained known with a name from a broken marriage. In Denmark Princess Alexandra divorced and with that she ceased to be a Princess of Denmark. Period. That is transparancy and clarity.

In the eyes of all she is a duchess only someone who is interested or expert in royal and noble titles will know the difference between the titles . Even royals and aristocrats will introduce her as the duchess of york not Sarah . Duchess of york
Actually princess Alexandra was still princess of denmark after she was divorced her style just changed from her royal highness to her highness and On Queen Margrethe's birthday, Alexandra also received the title Countess of Frederiksborg for life she ceased to be a princess of denmark after she remarried

Countessmeout 08-25-2016 03:08 AM

Sarah is not a duchess, it is simply a courtesy and used as a last name. She, if invited, will not sit with them. The tiara if worn will be worn by one of her girls.

those who will be there and for sure will;

Kate; Cambridge lover's knot
Anne: double Meander
Zara; Greek key
Autumn (90%) wedding
Bea; her mother's
Eugenie; lotus
Sophie; her new tiara
Sarah Chatto: snowden floral
Viscountess Linley: Tech circle
DOK: Kent sapphire
DOG; honeysuckle
Princess Michael; city of London
Alexandra: Oglivy tiara (one her husband had made)

I don't see the queen's cousins' kids wearing tiaras. The exception being the wives of the 2 heirs possibly. And Louise if 18.

Louise; either her mother's wedding or the halo
COU: Gloucester diamond bandeau or smaller diamond she wore on wedding
COSA; diamond and pearl drop

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 03:56 AM

Like i said before if the lowest ranking aristocrats will wear their best jewels then children of the queen's cousins will definitely wear tiaras and there is better chances because their branches already have tiaras so they will not gonna need to borrow or take as a loan a tiara from a relative or jeweller

Duc_et_Pair 08-25-2016 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke of poliganc (Post 1919260)
[...] Even royals and aristocrats will introduce her as the duchess of york not Sarah . Duchess of york [...]

I am sure that all royals and aristocrats, when introducing her, will use the style Sarah, Duchess of York and not at all as (HRH) The Duchess of York.

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1919268)
I am sure that all royals and aristocrats, when introducing her, will use the style Sarah, Duchess of York and not at all as (HRH) The Duchess of York.

Definitely not HRH but definitely the duchess of york even more because prince Andrew never remarried so there is no other duchess of york even royal excerpts some time mistake and call her the duchess of york in the new's and in big events like the royal ascot

tommy100 08-25-2016 04:21 AM

I wonder if Charle's coronation will be as much a tiara events as previous ones. HE could choose to simplify it and maybe only have the immediate members of the RF in tiaras...who knows. Bearing in mind that Charles would be able to let members of the RF wear tiara's currently used by HM I think the options could include:

Anne, The Princess Royal
- the double meander tiara would be ace to see as its been hidden away and apart from one blurred photo we don't even really know it exists
- I would love to see her wear the Girls of Great Britain and Northern Island tiara as its grand and royal and so associated with her mother

The Countess of Wessex
One of her aquamarine tiara's, possibly the necklace tiara or the five aquamarine one as it was loaned to her by the Queen and may be seen as more of a fitting tribute to QE2

The Duchess of Cambridge
Maybe one of the Fringe Tiara's or, depending on what Camilla is wearing, the Deli Durbar or Greville tiara. I don't know why but I suspect Kate will go big for this event

Harry's wive (if he is married)
Either the Deli Durbar or Greville Tiara or possibly the Lover's Knot tiara or maybe the Sapphire bandeau if it still exists

Louise
Her mother's wedding tiara

Beatrice
Really not sure on this one, out of her and Eugenie I can see her being more likely to borrow a 'grand' tiara but equally can see her being just as likely to want to wear her mother's wedding tiara

Eugenie
Either her mother's wedding tiara or a borrowed tiara similar to the lotus flower or cartier in terms of size

Everyone else will wear their 'go to tiara' I think, and I can see Eugenie and Beatrice wearing whatever they have worn for their weddings if they are married by that point. I'm not even sure they would use tiaras so closely associated with QE2 but if they did they would be my guesses.

As for any foreign royals I'm sure they would go for their best tiaras. As traditionally only heirs attend I think we could see a few loans of 'big gun tiaras' from sovereigns to heirs for the event.

HRHHermione 08-25-2016 04:22 AM

So- I could be wrong, but I doubt Kate would wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot to a coronation of Charles because of its close association with his first marriage at a time when that shouldn't be the headline.

I think it's more likely that she'd wear something new to her that's associated with the current Queen as a nod to continuing the family line and tradition.

My personal hope is the Oriental Circlet.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 1919272)

I think it's more likely that she'd wear something new to her that's associated with the current Queen as a nod to continuing the family line and tradition.

My personal hope is the Oriental Circlet.

app

I can defintly say if the oriental circlet would be worn it will be camilla who would ware it as it's a part of the crown jewels and it's only reserved for the queen's

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy100 (Post 1919271)
Anne, The Princess Royal
- the double meander tiara would be ace to see as its been hidden away and apart from one blurred photo we don't even really know it exists
- I would love to see her wear the Girls of Great Britain and Northern Island tiara as its grand and royal and so associated with her mother

It would be great if she wore the Girls of Great Britain and Northern Ireland tiara i would like to see it more than the double meander tiara but i didn't put any pieces other than the one's they already had .

Duc_et_Pair 08-25-2016 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 1919272)
So- I could be wrong, but I doubt Kate would wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot to a coronation of Charles because of its close association with his first marriage at a time when that shouldn't be the headline.
[...]

At William's coronation Catherine is the Queen. That means she will wear a diadem only reserved for Queens. The best diadem even and that is King George IV's State Diadem. This pictures shows the magnificence againts a dark hairdo: picture.

As HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, of Rothesay, of Cambridge, eventually The Princess of Wales etc. Catherine probably will wear the similar State Diadem with the fleurs-de-lys as worn by the late Queen Elizabeth during the previous coronation: picture.

That is my guess.

sophie25 08-25-2016 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy100 (Post 1919271)
I wonder if Charle's coronation will be as much a tiara events as previous ones. HE could choose to simplify it and maybe only have the immediate members of the RF in tiaras...who knows. Bearing in mind that Charles would be able to let members of the RF wear tiara's currently used by HM I think the options could include:

Anne, The Princess Royal

The Countess of Wessex
One of her aquamarine tiara's, possibly the necklace tiara or the five aquamarine one as it was loaned to her by the Queen and may be seen as more of a fitting tribute to QE2

The Duchess of Cambridge
Maybe one of the Fringe Tiara's or, depending on what Camilla is wearing, the Deli Durbar or Greville tiara. I don't know why but I suspect Kate will go big for this event

Harry's wive (if he is married)
Either the Deli Durbar or Greville Tiara or possibly the Lover's Knot tiara or maybe the Sapphire bandeau if it still exists

Louise
Her mother's wedding tiara

Beatrice
Really not sure on this one, out of her and Eugenie I can see her being more likely to borrow a 'grand' tiara but equally can see her being just as likely to want to wear her mother's wedding tiara

Eugenie
Either her mother's wedding tiara or a borrowed tiara similar to the lotus flower or cartier in terms of size

Everyone else will wear their 'go to tiara' I think, and I can see Eugenie and Beatrice wearing whatever they have worn for their weddings if they are married by that point. I'm not even sure they would use tiaras so closely associated with QE2 but if they did they would be my guesses.

As for any foreign royals I'm sure they would go for their best tiaras. As traditionally only heirs attend I think we could see a few loans of 'big gun tiaras' from sovereigns to heirs for the event.

That's interesting. I didn't know that only heirs attended. What happens then if you are childless of your heir is a child? In the case of Monaco, for example, it's unlikely that Prince Jaques will be an adult when Charles is crowned so would that mean that no one from Monaco would attend at all?

I also thought the Queen of Tonga attended Queen Elizabeth's coronation.

maria-olivia 08-25-2016 07:11 AM

This is very tooooo early. We don't even know if Camilla will be Queen or remain Duchess.

Lee-Z 08-25-2016 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophie25 (Post 1919295)
That's interesting. I didn't know that only heirs attended. What happens then if you are childless of your heir is a child? In the case of Monaco, for example, it's unlikely that Prince Jaques will be an adult when Charles is crowned so would that mean that no one from Monaco would attend at all?

Funnily enough P.Albert of Monaco seems to be the one monarch who doesn't comply with this tradition... he was the only monarch present at the inauguration of K.W-A of the Netherlands
But i get your point, in several euro momarchies the heir at the moment is a child, they will certainly not attend on their own, but maybe the spouse of the various monarchs *can* attend?
The coronation of QEII f.i. was attended for the NL by the dutch spouse to the monarch: P.Bernhard

Curryong 08-25-2016 07:36 AM

The Queen of Tonga did attend Queen Elizabeth IIs Coronation, but rulers of countries or nations within the Commonwealth, or Empire as much of it was then, are different.
If the heir to another throne, like Spain for example, isn't an adult, then another senior Royal would be sent, I'm sure, perhaps ex King Juan Carlos/Queen Sofia.

This shows the royals present at the Queen's Coronation, including rulers from within the Commonwealth/Empire.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...n_Elizabeth_II

tommy100 08-25-2016 07:49 AM

Albert of Monaco was the only sovereign to attend the Dutch inauguration, everyone else was either spouse of a sovereign prince or heir or another royal. I was always under the impression that sovereigns didn't attend so the new king or queen wasn't 'outranked' by longer serving sovereigns.

I think the current monarchs with child heirs would most likely send their siblings to represent them.

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 08:02 AM

if the heirs are still children or there is no heir apparent then the next close to the monarch would represent him like in the 1953 coronation
Prince George of Greece and Princess Marie Bonaparte represented their nephew, King Paul of Greece .
Prince Bertil, Duke of Halland (represented the King of Sweden)
Prince Axel of Denmark and Princess Margaretha of Sweden (represented the King of denmark) etc.
if prince albert doesn't break the rule again it would be likely princess caroline that will represent her brother .

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1919299)
This is very tooooo early.

the queen is 90 years old there is already a plan for the coronation that is ready to take effect when the time comes .
Quote:

We don't even know if Camilla will be Queen or remain Duchess.
that's why when i guessed i didn't mention her i just mentioned those who are definitely gonna attend and that any changes in the coronation won't interference with them attending

Duc_et_Pair 08-25-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophie25 (Post 1919295)

I also thought the Queen of Tonga attended Queen Elizabeth's coronation.

The same policy is followed in the Netherlands: only heirs. So we saw Charles and Camilla, Naruhito and Masako, Felipe and Letizia, Guillaume and Stephanie, Maha Vajajilongkorn, Victoria and Daniel, etc. By lack of an available heir the House was represented by someone else: Princess Lalla Salma, Prince Albert, Sheikha Mozah, Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath, etc. So what we saw in Amsterdam will roughly be the same in London.

tommy100 08-25-2016 09:09 AM

I wonder if Silvia will loan Victoria one the bigger Swedish tiaras? Equally who knows....we could see the first appearance by the Dutch Stuart Tiara

sophie25 08-25-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke of poliganc (Post 1919307)
if the heirs are still children or there is no heir apparent then the next close to the monarch would represent him like in the 1953 coronation
Prince George of Greece and Princess Marie Bonaparte represented their nephew, King Paul of Greece .
Prince Bertil, Duke of Halland (represented the King of Sweden)
Prince Axel of Denmark and Princess Margaretha of Sweden (represented the King of denmark) etc.
if prince albert doesn't break the rule again it would be likely princess caroline that will represent her brother .

I think that Albert and Charlene would both go to this. If Albert went to Amsterdam I'm certain he wouldn't miss this one. Charles's coronation will be the biggest, most glittering royal event since 1952, no question about it. Unlike some other monarchs Albert gets away with going because even if he has reigned longer he can't outrank a King anyway as he's not a King himself. The same actually applies to the Grand Duke of Luxembourg whose only an HRH not a Majesty.

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophie25 (Post 1919324)
I think that Albert and Charlene would both go to this. If Albert went to Amsterdam I'm certain he wouldn't miss this one. Charles's coronation will be the biggest, most glittering royal event since 1952, no question about it. Unlike some other monarchs Albert gets away with going because even if he has reigned longer he can't outrank a King anyway as he's not a King himself. The same actually applies to the Grand Duke of Luxembourg whose only an HRH not a Majesty.

it doesn't matter the title of the monarch there is no one outrank a monarch whether he is a emperor or even a reigning Baronet no one out rank him except a longer reigning other monarch
prince rainier iii actually outranked the kings of sweden , belgium , norway and spain and the queen of denmark because he was a monarch for almost 56 years

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy100 (Post 1919322)
I wonder if Silvia will loan Victoria one the bigger Swedish tiaras? Equally who knows....we could see the first appearance by the Dutch Stuart Tiara

it would be appropriate if victoria wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure or the Nine Prong Tiara
but we aren't gonna see the stuart tiara in the british coronation because it's only reserved for the queen and she wouldn't attend the coronation

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 11:35 AM

it would be also appropriate if mette marit debut queen maud's diamond tiara that was returned to the family after princess ragnhild death

Duc_et_Pair 08-25-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy100 (Post 1919322)

That is unlikely as the Braganza and the Stuart are reserved for the Queen. When the same policy is followed as in London 1953, Amsterdam 1980 and Amsterdam 2013, then Heirs will be invited. The Princess of Orange, the Duchess of Brabant, the Princess of Asturias, all too young. Maybe then we will see Astrid & Lorenz, Constantijn & Laurentien and Infanta Elena representing their Houses.

Duc_et_Pair 08-25-2016 12:38 PM

Quote:

This is very tooooo early. We don't even know if Camilla will be Queen or remain Duchess.

Her title is not so relevant. As Duchess of Cornwall she already wears gigantic jewels.

Mbruno 08-25-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1919364)
That is unlikely as the Braganza and the Stuart are reserved for the Queen. When the same policy is followed as in London 1953, Amsterdam 1980 and Amsterdam 2013, then Heirs will be invited. The Princess of Orange, the Duchess of Brabant, the Princess of Asturias, all too young. Maybe then we will see Astrid & Lorenz, Constantijn & Laurentien and Infanta Elena representing their Houses.

I suspect Charles might be the last British monarch to be crowned, if he is crowned at all. Coronation is a very old-fashioned tradition that has been abandoned elsewhere in Europe and will probably be replaced by a lower key enthronement ceremony as Charles or William move to "modernize" the British monarchy.

On the second point, the Duchess of Brabant is already 14, so I'd say that there is a fair chance she might attend Charles' coronation (or enthronement/inauguration) if Queen Elizabeth II reigns for at least another five years or so. The chances are somewhat smaller for the Princess of Orange, who is only 12, but it is still possible that she will attend too. If Princess Elisabeth is old enough to be present, I suspect she will wear the Brabant Laurel Wreath currently worn by her mother, or she may get a new tiara for her 18th birthday.

Skippyboo 08-25-2016 03:22 PM

Tiara and Jewels guessing for prince charles coronation

Who cares what the rest of Europe does? The coronation ceremony for British monarchs has been the same ceremony for a 1000 years. The British has always done things differently. They still do the ceremony of the keys at the tower, Swan upping, Trooping the Colour, State opening of Parliament etc - all things that don't have to be done but are still done.

Most people alive have never seen a British coronation in real life. Only bits of the Queen's on television. Some of us will only see Charles's, a few more may get to William's and the younger people will see George's if they are lucky.

Millions each year flock the Tower to see what? A very old building? No the Crown Jewels. A coronation in Westminster in the coronation chair with the crown of St Edward the Confessor like your parent, grandparent, great grand parent, down the line of history has to be pretty moving to the person being crowned.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

duke of poliganc 08-25-2016 04:01 PM

does anybody knows if heads of non-reigning and former royal houses dose attend coronations or they don't i'm talking about people like ( crown prince alexander of serbia , grand duchess maria vladimirovna , Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia etc.. )

Countessmeout 08-25-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Camilla can not 'remain' anything. She is HRH Princess of Wales, but when her husband is king, Kate will be DOC and eventual Princess of Wales.

The suggested title has been Princess consort, like Philip and Henrik. So instead of HRH Princess Charles, Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, she will be entitled like Philip, to use her own name. They would be HM King Charles III and HRH the Princess Camilla, Princess Conort of Great Britain.

But that would take letters issued and a new title created. In the UK, the wife of the king is queen plain and simple. I don't see her not be queen. She doesn't use POW, even though she is, because of Diana. But Diana was never queen. Its time Diana's ghost is laid to rest, and Camilla is recognized as the wife she is.

Either way, Queen or Princess Consort, she will be the senior lady at court and her tiara will reflect that. I don't think Camilla will have a new tiara like the other consorts.

-if queen, George IV or would love to see her in Queen Mary's coronation
-consort think we will see one of QEII's big guns, either the Girls or Mary's fringe (possibly the Burmese)

I don't think any of the big guns may be worn by anyone but Camilla to it.

Deli tiara may be good bet for Kate. Camilla wore it for her 1st tiara event as POW/DOC. Fitting for Kate to as well.

Curryong 08-25-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke of poliganc (Post 1919407)
does anybody knows if heads of non-reigning and former royal houses dose attend coronations or they don't i'm talking about people like ( crown prince alexander of serbia , grand duchess maria vladimirovna , Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia etc.. )

If you look at Queen Elizabeth's Coronation there were representatives of non-reigning royal Houses there and a few heads of Houses like the Margrave of Baden and his wife and the parents of the future king of Spain. However, they tended to be relatives.

Down the bottom of this list are the representatives of non ruling Houses.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...n_Elizabeth_II

tommy100 08-25-2016 05:46 PM

I don't recall seeing non-reigning royals at the Dutch inauguration. I guess for Charles' coronation some will attend as they are related to a number of non-ruling royals through Prince Philip, maybe the Greeks as Charles seems close to them.

Countessmeout 08-25-2016 06:14 PM

Besides JC's parents and Eugene de ligne, those at QEII's were Philip's family. His sisters Theodora, Margaretha and Sophia with their husbands, and 3 of their kids. Eugene was really the only unrelated. Infante Juan was related to both through his mother. Victoria's mother was Queen Victoria's daughter Beatrice. Her dad Henry was younger brother of Philip's grandfather Louis (so Victoria and Alice 1st cousins).

Charles German (we saw some at the 90th) and Greek relatives should be there.

Duc_et_Pair 08-26-2016 02:50 AM

For the Invesiture of King Willem-Alexander in 2013, the Royal House has invited several hundreds own guests. (The other guests were invited by Parliament or Government). Only a fraction of these were members of reigning Houses. Sadly only the list with representants of reigning Houses was published. I have still not found a complete guestlist with all hundreds of guests. I am sure there were plenty of Dutch and foreign royal and noble guests. They belong to the circles of the royal couple but went totally unnoticed in the TV-coverage.

HSH The Prince of Monaco
HRH Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco
HH Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser al-Misned of Qatar
HRH The Crown Prince of Thailand
HRH Princess Sirindhorn of Thailand
HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
HRH The Crown Prince of Denmark, Count of Monpezat
HRH The Crown Princess of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat
HRH The Crown Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Västergötland
HRH Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duke of Västergotland
HRH Princess Estelle of Sweden, Duchess of Östergötland
HRH The Prince of Asturias
HRH The Princess of Asturias
HIH The Crown Prince of Japan
HIH Princess Masako of Japan
HSH The Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein
HSH The Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein, Duchess in Bavaria
HRH The Duke of Brabant
HRH The Duchess of Brabant, Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz
HRH The Crown Prince of Norway
HRH The Crown Princess of Norway
HRH The Crown Prince of Brunei
HRH Princess Sarah of Brunei
HRH Prince Abdul Muntaqim of Brunei
HRH Princess Muneerah of Brunei
HRH The Crown Prince of Bahrein
HRH The Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau
HRH The Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, Princess of Nassau, Countess de Lannoy
HRH Prince El Hassan bin Talal of Jordan
HRH Princess Sarvath El Hassan of Jordan
HH Prince Haitham bin Tareq al Said of Oman
HH Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi

Curryong 08-26-2016 03:10 AM

How lovely that little Estelle of Sweden was invited with her parents!

LauraS3514 08-26-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1919418)
Camilla can not 'remain' anything. She is HRH Princess of Wales, but when her husband is king, Kate will be DOC and eventual Princess of Wales.

The suggested title has been Princess consort, like Philip and Henrik. So instead of HRH Princess Charles, Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, she will be entitled like Philip, to use her own name. They would be HM King Charles III and HRH the Princess Camilla, Princess Conort of Great Britain.

But that would take letters issued and a new title created. In the UK, the wife of the king is queen plain and simple. I don't see her not be queen.

Either way, Queen or Princess Consort, she will be the senior lady at court and her tiara will reflect that. I don't think Camilla will have a new tiara like the other consorts.

-if queen, George IV or would love to see her in Queen Mary's coronation
-consort think we will see one of QEII's big guns, either the Girls or Mary's fringe (possibly the Burmese)

I don't think any of the big guns may be worn by anyone but Camilla to it.

Deli tiara may be good bet for Kate. Camilla wore it for her 1st tiara event as POW/DOC. Fitting for Kate to as well.

At Charles's coronation, if it is a full-scale occasion like I think it will be, Camilla will either be "HRH The Princess Consort" (unlikely IMO, it would take an Act of Parliament and would obligate all future female spouses of monarchs to be the same so no Queen Catherine either) or "HM The Queen." If she is The Princess Consort, I see her in the Delhi Durbar Tiara, perhaps with the Cullinan re-inserted at the front. If she is HM The Queen, she would go to the Abbey bare-headed and would be crowned after her husband, most likely with the crown of Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mother) but Queen Mary's crown is the other possibility - I don't see a new crown being made as was the custom in the 20th century. As Camilla is crowned, all of the British Princesses and Peeresses would put on their coronets behind their tiaras, the royal men and peers having donned their coronets at the moment of Charles's crowning.

IloveCP 08-26-2016 11:30 PM

Here are my predictions. I also included monarchs and consorts just in case.

Catherine: Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara
Harry's future wife: Lotus tiara
Anne: Fringe tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Zara: Festoon tiara
Autumn: Meander tiara
Beatrce: York tiara
Eugineie: Scroll tiara
Mathilde: Full version of the Nine Provinces tiara
Margrethe: Pearl Poire tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara
Queen Anne Marie: Wedding tiara
Masako: Sunburst tiara
Rania: Queen Alia's diamond tiara
Sophie of Liechtenstein: Fringe Tiara
Maria Teresa: Empire Tiara
HGD Stephanie: Large floral tiara
Charlene: Cartier Pearl Drop tiara
Maxima: Wurttemberg Tiara
Beatrix: Mellerio Sapphire tiara
Sonja: Josephine's Diamond tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Sofia: Fleur de Lys Tiara
Letizia: Cartier Pearl tiara
Silvia: Sapphire tiara
Victoria: Connaught tiara

Lee-Z 08-27-2016 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1919496)
How lovely that little Estelle of Sweden was invited with her parents!

She wasn't really invited (she's not on other guestlists for the W-A inauguration) but she did come along with her parents to the NL, same with a couple other royal children

Duc_et_Pair 08-27-2016 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee-Z (Post 1919645)
She wasn't really invited (she's not on other guestlists for the W-A inauguration) but she did come along with her parents to the NL, same with a couple other royal children

Indeed but that takes not away that there were more royals during a couple of days in Amsterdam. I would like to see the full guestlist. What about the royal couple's private friends (De Beaufort, Jankovich de Jezsenice, Bismarck, Hohenems, etc.) and the family (Von Amsberg, Von Lippe, Von Oeynhausen, Von der Recke, Von Sierstorpff, etc.)

Can you imagine having the most important day of your life, the day for which you were destined by birth, and that then no one of family and friends were in Amsterdam? I am sure there were but sadly it is "private". The representants from reiging Royal Houses are official guests, that will have been the difference the RVD (State Information Agency) made in providing information.

But as the Investiture was a day-event (around Noon) it was in white tie but without diadems. In the evening there was a King's Water Pageant with a lavish party and that was in black tie. The Coronation of King Charles III will be unique as the only diadems-event of all Investitures in the rest of the world (unless Charles changes the dresscode to formal daywear). Of course there were plenty of glittering diadems at the eve of the Investiture (the Farewell Banquet of Queen Beatrix in the Rijksmuseum).

Even the State Opening of Parliament has been made much more sober than it was. Compare newsreels from the 1960's with today's State Opening. The Queen herself is unchanged but the attendance of Peers and Peeresses, the proceedings are simpler (no backwards walking), the dresscode simpler ( much fewer hats by ladies standing in the hallway to see the passage of the Queen, the Speaker no longer with a wig, etc.) A sharp eye will see that more has been changed than one would think at first sight. We will see what happens.

duke of poliganc 08-27-2016 08:50 AM

:previous:
If i remember correctly the royal house was allowed to invite about 500 and the government invited 100 but thoses invitations also was for a plus one so about 1200 atleast were invited

CyrilVladisla 08-28-2016 10:21 PM

Princess Beatrice may wear the Strathmore Rose Tiara. :crown2::crown2:

duke of poliganc 08-29-2016 07:52 AM

also it would be great if countess estelle Bernadotte pink topaz parure gonna be worn either by the swedish or norwegian crown princess

wymanda 09-04-2016 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1919618)

As that piece belongs to Alias' daughter Princess Haya who is the wife of a reigning monarch (Sheikh Mohammed) I would say that she would wear it rather than Rania.

LauraS3514 09-04-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1919618)
Here are my predictions. I also included monarchs and consorts just in case.

Catherine: Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara
Harry's future wife: Lotus tiara
Anne: Fringe tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Zara: Festoon tiara
Autumn: Meander tiara
Beatrce: York tiara
Eugineie: Scroll tiara
Mathilde: Full version of the Nine Provinces tiara
Margrethe: Pearl Poire tiara
Mary: Ruby tiara
Queen Anne Marie: Wedding tiara
Masako: Sunburst tiara
Sophie of Liechtenstein: Fringe Tiara
Maria Teresa: Empire Tiara
HGD Stephanie: Large floral tiara
Charlene: Cartier Pearl Drop tiara
Maxima: Wurttemberg Tiara
Beatrix: Mellerio Sapphire tiara
Sonja: Josephine's Diamond tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Sofia: Fleur de Lys Tiara
Letizia: Cartier Pearl tiara
Silvia: Sapphire tiara
Victoria: Connaught tiara

One thing to remember is that reigning sovereigns and their consorts are not traditionally invited to attend coronations/enthronements of fellow sovereigns in other countries. It's just not protocol to do so.

Duc_et_Pair 09-04-2016 04:42 PM

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway - her debut with the diamond diadem of the late Princess Ragnhild

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden - Princess Victoria of Baden's fringe diadem

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark - the diadem from the diamonds-and-rubies parure

The Princess of Orange - too young

Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands - the antique pearl diadem with the diamond fleurons and the upright pearls

The Duchess of Brabant - too young

Princess Astrid of Belgium - the Savoia-Aosta diamond diadem

The Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg - the Chaumet diamond diadem with the central emerald cabochon

The Princess of Monaco - her Ocean Wave Diadem

The Princess of Hannover - her pearl drop diamond diadem

The Princess of Asturias - too young

The Infanta Doña Elena - the Ansorena diamond fleur-de-lys diadem

duke of poliganc 09-04-2016 05:01 PM

:previous:
i like to think that crown princess victoria would wear something bigger .
there is a chance that The Duchess of Brabant would be old enough i would guess if so she would wear the Wolfers diamond necklace/tiara or her mother Laurel Wreath Tiara .
Infanta Elena wouldn't wear the Ansorena diamond fleur-de-lys diadem , it's
reserved only for queen's she would wear her wedding tiara if she didn't loan another one from her mother .

Countessmeout 09-04-2016 09:06 PM

Given the long lives of women in her family, it could very well be ten years. Elisabeth is fifteen, in three years she will be an adult. Unless tragedy happens, I don't see her not going, she will most likely be in her mid twenties. Same for Catharina Amalia. She is thirteen, if it is seven or more years she will be in her twenties and certainly old enough to attend. Leonor is doubtful. If it is ten years perhaps as she will be 21. If Charles is king in 2026, I very much see 25 year old Elisabeth, 23 year old CA and 21 year old Leonor. I think as long as it isn't before at least 2021, we will see the older two.

IloveCP 04-29-2017 07:00 PM

Queen Louise of Sweden, who was a crown princess at the time, wore the Braganza tiara at King George VI's coronation. It would be amazing if Victoria wore that tiara at Charles's coronation.

JR76 04-29-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1980567)
Queen Louise of Sweden, who was a crown princess at the time, wore the Braganza tiara at King George VI's coronation. It would be amazing if Victoria wore that tiara at Charles's coronation.

I seriously doubt that will happen as long as her mother is alive. The Braganza is for queens only & as far as I know that was the only time that Louise wore it during her long tenure as crown princess. Although crown princess she was the premier lady of Sweden after her mother in laws death in 1930. Its also one of only two occassions during the Braganzas 150 year long history in Sweden that its been worn outside of the country.

Countessmeout 04-29-2017 11:26 PM

:previous: Yes, the other being Silvia on a state visit to Denmark.

Like the Leuchtenberg sapphire, Victoria won't wear it till queen. The sapphire she could before, if her mother dies first. Both tiaras are worn traditionally only by the queen. But unlike the Braganca which was only worn by Louise once as crown princess, the sapphires has been worn by others. If there is no queen, it can be worn by the most senior royal lady. Sibylla wore it after the death of her husband's stepmother. Birgitta wore it to the pre wedding banquet for her brother, as she was senior lady until then.

It seems unlikely Victorua will be queen at the time of the coronation. I do hope she will wear one of the larger pieces like the cameo.

Stefan 04-30-2017 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR76 (Post 1980598)
I seriously doubt that will happen as long as her mother is alive. The Braganza is for queens only & as far as I know that was the only time that Louise wore it during her long tenure as crown princess. Although crown princess she was the premier lady of Sweden after her mother in laws death in 1930. Its also one of only two occassions during the Braganzas 150 year long history in Sweden that its been worn outside of the country.

I belive Louise wore the braqanza tiara also a few other's times as Crown Princess. Wasn't one of them the 80th or 90th birthday of her father-in-law. And i think she wore it also when the new King Frederik IX. and Queen Ingrid of Denmark paid a State Visit to Sweden. She wore it also abrioad for a State Visit to France in the 1950's.

JR76 04-30-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1980642)
I belive Louise wore the braqanza tiara also a few other's times as Crown Princess. Wasn't one of them the 80th or 90th birthday of her father-in-law. And i think she wore it also when the new King Frederik IX. and Queen Ingrid of Denmark paid a State Visit to Sweden. She wore it also abrioad for a State Visit to France in the 1950's.

Really? I had no idea! But still, she did so only because she was the Premier Lady of Sweden.

Tilia C. 04-30-2017 01:39 PM

Well, times have changed enormously since 1937. I'm not even 100% sure that Charles coronation will still be a tiara event (though of course I hope that it will!) It will be more toned done than previous coronations, and I doubt that CP Victoria will opt for the largest whopper in the Swedish vaults. But that coronation is still a long time off, one hopes.

Instead we are rapidly nearing the big birthday bling in Norway. I wonder who might attend from the lower profile Royals. Do you think that someone from the Greek RF will attend? I don't hope for any Berleburgs, not after their recent sad loss. Any Rosenborgs, perhaps?

I'd also love to see HGD Stephanie breaking in a new tiara, it's been quite a while since she spoiled us with a first-timer. So I hope that she's attending.

duke of poliganc 04-30-2017 03:29 PM

i could see victoria wearing the sapphire parure she isn't just a crown princess she is the heir to the throne .

Countessmeout 04-30-2017 03:41 PM

:previous: Not unless sadly her mother isn't with us any more at the time. It would be like Camilla wearing one of the tiaras reserved for the queen. The sapphires are reserved for the queen or if there is none, the senior lady of the court. There is enough bling in the vaults for her not to have to wear a tiara reserved for the queen. There is plenty of time for her to wear it as queen.

As for the Norway birthday.....

I'd be surprised if a few Greeks don't attend. They usually attend these events, and they are close relationship as well as blood wise. Anne Marie and Constantine would not surprise me. They are generation wise the same with the birthday couple.

IloveCP 05-17-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1980642)

According to the poster, this photo was taken at her father in law's 80th birthday, and she wore the sapphire tiara. Here is another one of her wearing the Braganza possibly during a Danish state visit.

Hans-Rickard 06-06-2017 10:10 PM

Camilla

What Camilla will wear depends ofcourse wether she will be crowned Queen or not. If she is crowned Queen, she'll likely wear George IV State Diadem on her way to the Abbey and be crowned in a Queen Consort Crown. I think they will use one of the existing Queen Consort crowns and modify it for the occassion.
If she is not crowned, i can see her wearing the State Diadem anyway or the Delhi Durbar Tiara.

Kate

I can see Catherine wearing the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara or maybe the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara for her first time.

Harrys wife if he is married

Possibly her Wedding tiara or maybe the Lotus Flower Tiara

Beatrice

Her Mothers Wedding tiara

Eugenie

Halo Cartier Tiara

Sophie

The Aquamarine 5 Stone Tiara or the Aquamarine Necklace Tiara

Louise (if she has turned 18)

Her mothers smaller Aquamarine Tiara

Anne

Double Meander Tiara or maybe the George VI Sapphire Tiara

Foreign Royal Guests

Mary

The Ruby Parure in it's grandest setting. Unless she is Queen, then she might wear the Pearl Poiree Parure.

Mette-Marit

Queen Maud's Pearl Tiara in the large setting. If she is Queen, she might wear the Emerald Parure instead.

Victoria

Almost impossible to guess. But I think it's pretty good chance that her mother will lend her either of the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara or the Nine Prong Tiara for this extremly grand event. Unless ofcourse Victoria wants to use her signature piece the Baden Fringe Tiara

The Braganza Tiara is out of the question unless Victoria is Queen by then wich she won't be unless a tragedy occurs. I know Crown Princess Louise wore it to the coronation of King George VI in 1937 but she was the first lady of Sweden since 1930 and she was herself a junior member of the British Royal Family. So there was a huge difference that can't be compared to Victoria.

Laurentien

As monarches usually do not attend I think Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien will represent Netherlands. Maybe Catharina-Amalia if she has turned 18 but i think Constantijn and Laurentien is more likely. I guess she'll wear Queen Emmas Diamond tiara or maybe the Mellerio Ruby Tiara.

Belgium

No clue who will be in attendance. If anyone at all (judging from the history between these 2 royal houses) ;) haha. If The Duchess of Brabant has turned 18 she might attend. Or maybe King Philippe will send one of his siblings. Then I think Princess Astrid is more likely than Prince Laurent.

Luxembourg

Gulliaume and Stephanie are given. Hard to guess what she will be wearing. Maybe the Chaumet Emerald Tiara...

Lichtenstein

Probably The Hereditary Prince Alois and The Hereditary Princess Sofie.

Monaco

Prince Albert or Princess Caroline. I wouldn't mind if Albert stayed at home and sent Caroline to represent him. Then we will get Monacos largest jewels ;) hehe

Countessmeout 06-06-2017 11:34 PM

I don't see Kate wearing the girls until queen. I know it was worn by Elizabeth and Mary before queen, but too long associated with the queen. I think we will see Camilla starting to wear it. Honestly it suits her better. Camilla can wear the big guns. The Cambridge is a good size for Kate.

As for Victoria the nine prongs is possible. But like the Braganza, the sapphire is out, bar tragedy. The Leuchtenberg is traditionally only worn by first lady of Sweden. So she doesn't have to be queen, but her mother would have to die. The last time it was worn by another royal woman was on the eve of the King and queens wedding by his sister who was acting First Lady.

Hans-Rickard 06-07-2017 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1992193)
I don't see Kate wearing the girls until queen. I know it was worn by Elizabeth and Mary before queen, but too long associated with the queen. I think we will see Camilla starting to wear it. Honestly it suits her better. Camilla can wear the big guns. The Cambridge is a good size for Kate.

As for Victoria the nine prongs is possible. But like the Braganza, the sapphire is out, bar tragedy. The Leuchtenberg is traditionally only worn by first lady of Sweden. So she doesn't have to be queen, but her mother would have to die. The last time it was worn by another royal woman was on the eve of the King and queens wedding by his sister who was acting First Lady.

I think the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara would suit Kate. It's is a big tiara but not among the biggest. Though the only way i can see her wearing it at Charles coronation would be if QEII gives it direct to Kate upon her death. But i don't think she will "give away" any of her private tiaras. Times are different now then when Queen Mary was the Chief of the jewel Box. I can see the media headlines then : "Camilla overlooked" "Camilla gets snubbed by The Queen" etc ;)

Yes i only mentioned the sapphires as a possibility in my head. It would indeed be the first time that a Princess who isn't a first lady would have worn it (if Silvia is still alive). Nine Prong Tiara or maybe the Cameo Tiara is more likely unless she wants to wear the Baden Fringe. Or maybe any of the 2 Connaught Tiaras given it's link to the British Royal family.

Hans-Rickard 06-07-2017 01:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
At the coronation of King George V in 1911 Crown Prince Gustaf Adolf and King Georges cousin Crown Princess Margareta represented Sweden. Margareta wore the Emerald Parure we see Queen Sonja of Norway wearing today.

Countessmeout 06-07-2017 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1992216)
I think the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara would suit Kate. It's is a big tiara but not among the biggest. Though the only way i can see her wearing it at Charles coronation would be if QEII gives it direct to Kate upon her death. But i don't think she will "give away" any of her private tiaras. Times are different now then when Queen Mary was the Chief of the jewel Box. I can see the media headlines then : "Camilla overlooked" "Camilla gets snubbed by The Queen" etc ;)

Yes i only mentioned the sapphires as a possibility in my head. It would indeed be the first time that a Princess who isn't a first lady would have worn it (if Silvia is still alive). Nine Prong Tiara or maybe the Cameo Tiara is more likely unless she wants to wear the Baden Fringe. Or maybe any of the 2 Connaught Tiaras given it's link to the British Royal family.

There would be no point to 'give it to kate' as it will be hers one day when queen. It's not like her gifting tiaras to Anne or sophie who are not in the main line, and Charles is king, will have limits to no access to jewels. Kate will one day have access to the whole vault.

The girls may not be the largest but certainly large. And one that is almost association to the queen for most. So certainly, it would be seen as many as a snub to Camilla. Camilla may never choose to wear it, and stick to her usual big guns or the queen's other, but IMO it's highly unlikely to see Kate in it. Especially not at the coronation. The last thing they will want is the nasty comments from press and spectators that The queen snubbed Camilla and Kate is trying to over shadow Camilla at the coronation. Ridiculous as it is, clearly it is, we know there would be plenty. If Camilla foes lend her the tiara, will be post coronation.

I honestly think that now Kate has started wearing the lovers knot she will wear it till queen. Leaving some of the smaller tiaras we have seen previous to other ladies as needed. Perhaps the halo, as a nod to her wedding, from time to time. The Cambridge is certainly enough bling for Coronation, and name fitting.

Stefan 06-07-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 1992188)

Mary

The Ruby Parure in it's grandest setting. Unless she is Queen, then she might wear the Pearl Poiree Parure.

If mary is Queen by then she will very likely not attend. But f she attends as Crown Princess i think it could be that Queen Margrethe lends her the Pearl tiara with the matching Jewels. It was also loaned to then Crown Princess Ingrid for the coronation in 1937 and in 1953 the Set was loaned to Princess Margaretha.

Stefan 06-07-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1992222)

The girls may not be the largest but certainly large. And one that is almost association to the queen for most. So certainly, it would be seen as many as a snub to Camilla. Camilla may never choose to wear it, and stick to her usual big guns or the queen's other, but IMO it's highly unlikely to see Kate in it. Especially not at the coronation. The last thing they will want is the nasty comments from press and spectators that The queen snubbed Camilla and Kate is trying to over shadow Camilla at the coronation. Ridiculous as it is, clearly it is, we know there would be plenty. If Camilla foes lend her the tiara, will be post coronation.

It could also be that the don't use the Girl toiara for some time in the new reign and keep it in the Vault for some years as it so much associated with Queen Elizabeth II.

LauraS3514 06-07-2017 09:04 PM

Traditionally, monarchs and their consorts do not attend the coronations or inaugurations of other monarchs, but send their heirs or in the case the heir is a minor, the next oldest adult in the family. An example of the latter is at the inauguration of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands, it was Princess Margaret, the first adult in the line of succession, who officially represented the UK. The Prince of Wales was the official representative for the inaugurations of Queen Beatrix and King Willem-Alexander.

Hans-Rickard 06-08-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1992290)
If mary is Queen by then she will very likely not attend. But f she attends as Crown Princess i think it could be that Queen Margrethe lends her the Pearl tiara with the matching Jewels. It was also loaned to then Crown Princess Ingrid for the coronation in 1937 and in 1953 the Set was loaned to Princess Margaretha.

Ofcourse she won't attend as Queen. My fingers were a little bit too fast there ;) Then Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will likely go instead. Yes she might very well be offered by Margrethe to wear the Pearl Parure unless she really wants to wear the rubies.

I think Mette-Marit, if still Crown Princess, will be offered by Sonja to wear the emeralds (or Princess Märtha-Louise being offered the same by Mette-Marit if she is Queen). The emeralds was worn by Crown Princess Margaretha of Sweden at the coronation in 1911 and by Crown Princess Märtha of Norway in 1937 and 1953.

What Victoria would wear is more difficult to guess but i think Silvia will lend her one of the grander tiaras that is usually worn by Silvia. Crown Princess Margareta wore the now norwegian emeralds in 1911 and Crown Princess Louise wore the Braganza tiara in 1937 (very unlikely that Victoria will wear that). As far as i know there wasn't any Swedish Royal lady at the coronation in 1953. I belive Prince Bertil was the only one present from Sweden. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Stefan 06-08-2017 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraS3514 (Post 1992389)
Traditionally, monarchs and their consorts do not attend the coronations or inaugurations of other monarchs, but send their heirs or in the case the heir is a minor, the next oldest adult in the family. An example of the latter is at the inauguration of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands, it was Princess Margaret, the first adult in the line of succession, who officially represented the UK. The Prince of Wales was the official representative for the inaugurations of Queen Beatrix and King Willem-Alexander.

But on the other hand Denmark was at the coronation in 1953 represented by Prince Axel and Princess Margaretha. The next adult in line of succession would have been the King's brother Prince Knud

JR76 06-08-2017 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1992456)
But on the other hand Denmark was at the coronation in 1953 represented by Prince Axel and Princess Margaretha. The next adult in line of succession would have been the King's brother Prince Knud

The reason for Prince Knud & his wife Caroline-Mathilde must be that the coronation was only 5 days after the Danish referendum which among other things amended the Act of succession and demoted him from being first in line to being fourth and taking away any chance for him or his heirs to succeed to the throne.

Countessmeout 06-08-2017 04:53 AM

:previous: Highly unlikely. Who was going would have been selected before.

Besides, Axel often represented the king. He and his wife attended Elizabeth's wedding to Philip. And the Ascension of Juliana to the throne. Both events that customarily the heir or most senior adult heir would attend.

Axel wasn't alone. The king of Nepal sent his brother though he had an adult son. The king of Saudi Arabia sent his eighth son, King Fahd. He had seven living older brothers before him in line, three who became king before him, so certainly not heir. Prince Bernhard attended as consort. The queen of Tonga attended. The king of Thailand sent a cousin, who I am not sure was that close to the throne.

JR76 06-08-2017 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1992472)

Besides, Axel often represented the king. He and his wife attended Elizabeth's wedding to Philip. And the Ascension of Juliana to the throne. Both events that customarily the heir or most senior adult heir would attend. Yet Knud didn't.

Axel wasn't alone. The king of Nepal sent his brother though he had an adult son. a few consorts attended alone. Prince Bernhard attended.

Yes of course it wouldve been decided long before. I highly doubt theyd have the then heir to the throne leave the country during a crucial referendum affecting both the Act of succession and other parts of the constitution.

Countessmeout 06-08-2017 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR76 (Post 1992475)
Yes of course it wouldve been decided long before. I highly doubt theyd have the then heir to the throne leave the country during a crucial referendum affecting both the Act of succession and other parts of the constitution.

That doesn't explain the other events that Axel attended that Knud should have. The Ascension of Juliana usually attended By the heir. But both attended by Axel. It seemed customary for Axel, before the referendum.

Hans-Rickard 06-08-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1992472)

Besides, Axel often represented the king. He and his wife attended Elizabeth's wedding to Philip. And the Ascension of Juliana to the throne. Both events that customarily the heir or most senior adult heir would attend. Yet Knud didn't

Are you sure Knud wasn't at Elizabeth and Philip's wedding ? From what can be seen on Wikipedia about the guests at Elizabeth and Philip's wedding, almost the entire danish Royal house attended, including The King and The Queen, The Hereditary Prince (Knud) and The Hereditary Princess (Caroline-Mathilde), Prince Axel and many more.

CyrilVladisla 01-14-2018 02:41 PM

The Duchess of Westminster could wear the Bagration Tiara.
The Westminster Bagration Tiara | The Court Jeweller

The Duchess of Devonshire could wear the Devonshire Emerald and Diamond Tiara.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/354799276885513745

Mbruno 01-14-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1980775)
Well, times have changed enormously since 1937. I'm not even 100% sure that Charles coronation will still be a tiara event (though of course I hope that it will!) It will be more toned done than previous coronations, and I doubt that CP Victoria will opt for the largest whopper in the Swedish vaults. But that coronation is still a long time off, one hopes.

Instead we are rapidly nearing the big birthday bling in Norway. I wonder who might attend from the lower profile Royals. Do you think that someone from the Greek RF will attend? I don't hope for any Berleburgs, not after their recent sad loss. Any Rosenborgs, perhaps?

I'd also love to see HGD Stephanie breaking in a new tiara, it's been quite a while since she spoiled us with a first-timer. So I hope that she's attending.

If Charles has a coronation, I am 100 % sure it will be a tiara event. The real question is if the coronation will be replaced by a more subdued, Dutch-style secular investiture ceremony..

As we have been discussing in another forum, a Coronation is still at least implicitly mandated by law in the UK as a result of the Coronation Oath Act and other similar Acts of Parliament. I don't see it being dropped until the CoE is disestablished and that won't happen early in Charles' s reign, So my guess is Charles will be crowned pretty much like his mother was, but we may get a change when it is William's turn, in the longbrun, I still think the Coronation ceremony will be dropped following the general European trend,

W.Y.CII 01-24-2018 09:01 AM

I think it still would be a full coronation but may be in a smaller scale (compared with QEII's), no non-reigning house, probably lesser peerages (were all peerages be invited no matter which rank they are in QEII's coronation?), no robe or coronet for peers or even other royal members. The foreign guests, even the heirs and heirs' wives, I think they may just use their own usual tiaras and will not borrow other "grander" pieces or the "queen's tiaras" like what some posters guess/wish. However I would love to see they wear tiaras that have connections with BRF (Sweden's Edward VII Ruby or the Connaught, Norway's Maud Diamond or Turquoise).

QEII's iconic pieces (GGBI and GD Vladimir, or even Q Alexandra Kokoshnik) probably will have a "break" and not be seen in the coronation (and even whole Charles's reign).

CyrilVladisla 02-20-2018 04:59 PM

The Duchess of Rutland could wear the Rutland Tiara.
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2016/04/26/rutland-tiara

wyevale 02-20-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

probably will have a "break" and not be seen in the coronation (and even whole Charles's reign).
IF [and its a big if] the Tiaras currently used [regularly] by the Queen [and 'identified' with her]are 'retired' for the next reign, what remains for Queen Camilla to use ?

The 'Honeycomb', the 'Delhi Durbar' and [perhaps] 'Queen Mary's fringe ? No coloured stone Tiaras, except [possibly] 'the Oriental Circlet' ? No Emeralds or Sapphires, or Pearls ?

This hardly seems fair !

AdmirerUS 02-20-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 2075592)
IF [and its a big if] the Tiaras currently used [regularly] by the Queen [and 'identified' with her]are 'retired' for the next reign, what remains for Queen Camilla to use ?

The 'Honeycomb', the 'Delhi Durbar' and [perhaps] 'Queen Mary's fringe ? No coloured stone Tiaras, except [possibly] 'the Oriental Circlet' ? No Emeralds or Sapphires, or Pearls ?

This hardly seems fair !

They will not be retired, IMO. More likely, given the rarity of tiara events these days, Camilla will pick and choose what is both comfortable and what looks good on her. She's getting older and certainly can choose to wear tiaras based on her own comfort and need.

That said, I don't think she will rush to wear all of the Queen's tiaras. She's a fairly canny person and will avoid the appearance of overusing the Queen's favorites immediately. JMO.

jacqui24 02-23-2018 11:55 PM

I think the Girls tiara will not be seen for a long while after the Queen passes, but eventually we’ll start seeing other pieces, particularly those that have been worn, but not as closely associated with her. Of course, also having to take Camilla’s personal preferences into account.

W.Y.CII 02-24-2018 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 2075592)

This hardly seems fair !

If you read my comment I was only referring to these iconic pieces (mostly GGBI, GD Vladimir or Q Alexandra Kokoshnik, sort by possibility) but not all. Even if in the most extreme case (Camilla decides to avoid all three), she will still have a number of tiaras with coloured stone (ruby, sapphire and aquamarine), she probably will have around 6-8 tiaras at her disposal.

For the British ladies I guess they may wear their regular but greatest pieces at their disposals rather than borrow other pieces they haven't worn before, [if they don't get new tiaras] the Lover's Knot for Kate (or the Lotus considering the Lover's Knot associates with Diana like some posters suggested), the Five Aquamarines for Sophie (actually her wedding tiara should be her greatest piece considering its historical background......but I just don't want to see it:lol:). And I hope to see Anne with QM's Fringe.

Hans-Rickard 06-07-2018 01:09 PM

If Camilla is crowned Queen, she might not wear a tiara on the way to the Abbey. Judging from pictures Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mother) did not in 1937 and Queen Mary did not in 1911.
Queen Elizabeth II wore the State Diadem instead of the Cap of Maintenance in 1953 as she is Queen Regent and not Queen Consort.

I guess The Princess of Wales (Kate) will wear Queen Mary's Lovers Knot Tiara and The Duchess of Sussex will wear her wedding tiara Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau Tiara.

Beatrice and Eugenie will borrow tiaras, maybe the Halo Tiara and the Strathmore Tiara. I think their mother Sarah Duchess of York will be present and wear her own wedding tiara.

Sophie will likely wear her 5-stone Aquamarine Tiara. If Lady Louise is 18 or above i guess she will wear her mothers wedding tiara.

Princess Anne is one of two Gold Stick-In-Waiting and might be on duty in that capacity. If she is, she will ride in the procession and wear a military uniform.

Don't know if Autumn and Zara would wear tiaras. If they do, i guess it will be the Meander Tiara and the Aquamarine Pineflower Tiara, borrowed from Princess Anne.

jacqui24 06-07-2018 01:27 PM

Would Sarah be invited to the coronation? She's no longer married to the Duke of York.

Hans-Rickard 06-07-2018 01:28 PM

Camillas daughter Laura Lopes will probably wear the Cubitt-Shand Tiara.
I think Camillas sister Annabel Elliott will be one of her ladies in waiting and wear a tiara too.

Serena Countess of Snowdon might borrow the Lotus Tiara (wich is also her wedding tiara) and pair it together with the Teck Circle Necklace. A combination her mother in law used.

I would have LOVED to see Lady Sarah Chatto wear the Poltimore Tiara but as we all know, that's sadly not an option. I think she will wear her wedding tiara.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2120110)
Would Sarah be invited to the coronation? She's no longer married to the Duke of York.

I think she will be invited. She won't get a seat in the Royal Box unless she and Andrew has re-married but still get a prominent seat like recently at the wedding of Harry and Meghan. I think they won't exclude her anymore when Prince Philip has passed away.

wyevale 06-07-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Princess Anne is one of two Gold Stick-In-Waiting
ALL officers-in-waiting [except the Earl Marshal, the Duke of Norfolk] lose their posts on the death of the Monarch they serve [and break their 'wands of office' in token of it] Thus the new Monarch has a 'clean slate on which to build his/her household.
So unless the Princess Royal is re-appointed by her Brother she won't attend his Coronation in that capacity.

Hans-Rickard 06-07-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 2120127)
ALL officers-in-waiting [except the Earl Marshal, the Duke of Norfolk] lose their posts on the death of the Monarch they serve [and break their 'wands of office' to prove it] Thus the new Monarch has a 'clean slate on which to build his/her household.
So unless the Princess Royal is re-appointed by her Brother she won't attend his Coronation in that capacity.

Ok, So she'll automatically resign as Colonel of the Blues & Royals upon the death of QEII ?

I understand that it is always the Colonels of the Life Guards and the Blues & Royals who are Gold Sticks-In-Waiting.

wyevale 06-07-2018 05:00 PM

^ I believe so..

To quote the detailed article [by the Guardian] on the subject of 'Operation London Bridge' [the plans for the 10 days following the death of HMQ -
ALL office holders at the Palace 'are on borrowed time'..

jacqui24 06-07-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard (Post 2120111)
I think she will be invited. She won't get a seat in the Royal Box unless she and Andrew has re-married but still get a prominent seat like recently at the wedding of Harry and Meghan. I think they won't exclude her anymore when Prince Philip has passed away.

By all accounts, it's not just Prince Philip that doesn't like her. Prince Charles, if you believe the reports, doesn't care for her either.

Hans-Rickard 06-07-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2120158)
By all accounts, it's not just Prince Philip that doesn't like her. Prince Charles, if you believe the reports, doesn't care for her either.

She is indeed not a very popular person in the Royal Family. But i think Prince Philip is the hardest one. I don't think The Queen and Sarah is on that bad terms. But The Queen has more or less no choice to refrain from inviting her, to keep the peace in her family if her husband dislikes Sarah so much that the media reports says.

Haven't heard that Charles and Sarah would be on very bad terms but William does not like her (if the media are correct) as he doesn't think she is discreet enough (=speaking out in media on a regular basis about the Royal family).

tommy100 06-07-2018 06:07 PM

I suspect she wouldn't attend, she didn't got to William and Kate's wedding so it appears its Harry who wanted her at his wedding, Andrew is after all his godfather. That's Harry's right but I suspect Charles might not want her there and may well say his coronation is an official event as monarch not a personal event like a wedding. I think Charles doesn't like her enough to risk inviting her as it where.

I hope if Anne attends in tiara she makes another appearance in that double meander tiara she was spotted wearing once in a blurry state banquet photo.

I would love the royal ladies to wear a new to them tiara but suspect they may stick with their already used "big gun":
Kate - Lovers Knot
Meghan - Wedding tiara or maybe by then another tiara she uses
Anne - the mysterious Double Meander Tiara
Zara - Greek Meander Tiara
Autumn - Festoon Tiara
Beatrice - York tiara
Eugenie - maybe Strathmore Rose
Sophie - 5 Aquamarine Tiara
D. Gloucester - Cartier Indian Tiara
P Michael Kent - Festoon Tiara

Hans-Rickard 06-07-2018 07:10 PM

I think alot depends on how close The Duke and Duchess of York really is by then and how good Charles and Andrew get along. They haven't exactly been best friends but their contact seems to be better nowdays i think. If (and that's a huge if) the Duke and Duchess will remarry when Charles becomes King, Sarah and the Royal family will need to bury the hatchet.

Anyway, i hope this won't be a sore point at Charles coronation. That's meant to be a day of joy and celebration.

Tilia C. 06-08-2018 06:10 AM

Please stay on topic. Further off-topic posts will be deleted without notice.

CyrilVladisla 04-21-2019 06:58 PM

Catherine - The Cartier Halo Tiara

Meghan - The Teck Crescent Tiara

muriel 04-22-2019 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla (Post 2213362)
Catherine - The Cartier Halo Tiara

Meghan - The Teck Crescent Tiara

I think it is unlikely that the future Queen will wear one of the smallest tiara's in the BRF collection, and the wife of the then 5th in line (assuming no more Cambridge children) is given a substantially larger and older, new to her tiara for such a key event.