The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Imperial Family of Japan (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f68/)
-   -   Belgian State Visit to Japan: October 9-15, 2016 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f68/belgian-state-visit-to-japan-october-9-15-2016-a-41162.html)

eya 08-15-2016 03:59 PM

Belgian State Visit to Japan: October 9-15, 2016
 
The Belgian King & Queen will pay a state visit to Japan from 9-15 October 2016

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...0e&oe=5814E55C





An Ard Ri 08-15-2016 04:37 PM

Belgian king, queen to visit Japan in October



Belgian king, queen to visit Japan in October | The Japan Times

Al_bina 08-15-2016 05:06 PM

Thanks for the update!:flowers::flowers:
The situation surrounding Emperor Akihito should be addressed by October. I am looking forward to seeing photos of Japanese Princesses.

Prisma 09-21-2016 01:23 AM

Some details about the upcoming state visit from Asahi:
October 11 - welcome ceremony, meeting between the reigning couples, and court dinner
October 12 - visit Yuki, Ibaraki Prefecture (accompanied by Imperial couple, I think) and memorial concert

Apparently, visits to Belgium by the Imperial and CP couple were considered but dropped due to terrorist attacks.

eya 10-01-2016 04:56 AM

State Visit JAPAN from 9 to 15 October - Strong ties between the Japanese Imperial Family and the Belgian Royal Family: memories of the visit of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola in Japan in 1964. (From the Facebook of the Belgian Monarchy)

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...7f&oe=58A9AEB9
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...6d&oe=586C2B82
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c2&oe=586005CC
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...6c&oe=587BFCB7
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...eb&oe=587D4D57

Mbruno 10-01-2016 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 1928335)
State Visit JAPAN from 9 to 15 October - Strong ties between the Japanese Imperial Family and the Belgian Royal Family: memories of the visit of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola in Japan in 1964. (From the Facebook of the Belgian Monarchy)

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...7f&oe=58A9AEB9
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...6d&oe=586C2B82
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c2&oe=586005CC
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...6c&oe=587BFCB7
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...eb&oe=587D4D57

Short video of KIng Baudouin's and Queen Fabiola's visit to Japan in 1964.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZhytSHgy7E


Another video of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola apparently arriving in Tokyo after leaving from some unclear location. Interestingly, bowing and curtsying to KIng and Queen are still observed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsPji_JdBpY

maria-olivia 10-01-2016 10:52 AM

The King is going alone and Mr Didier Renders , our Minister of Foreign Affairs is not able to attend . He has to stay in Belgium for belgian politic urgent affairs.(our Budget)
Who will go with the King ? a Minister of State ?. That will be the first time.

duke of poliganc 10-01-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1928403)
The King is going alone and Mr Didier Renders , our Minister of Foreign Affairs is not able to attend . He has to stay in Belgium for belgian politic urgent affairs.(our Budget)
Who will go with the King ? a Minister of State ?. That will be the first time.

when you say alone do you mean that queen mathilde isn't going with him or you were talking about politicians ?

Al_bina 10-01-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1928403)
The King is going alone and Mr Didier Renders , our Minister of Foreign Affairs is not able to attend . He has to stay in Belgium for belgian politic urgent affairs.(our Budget)
Who will go with the King ? a Minister of State ?. That will be the first time.

It will be an odd visit.

GömdNatt 10-01-2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke of poliganc (Post 1928406)
when you say alone do you mean that queen mathilde isn't going with him or you were talking about politicians ?

The monarchy's website still says the Queen is going, so idk.

maria-olivia 10-01-2016 01:25 PM

Sorry The Queen is going .

wartenberg7 10-01-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1928419)
It will be an odd visit.

"Odd" in which regard, please?

I´m very much looking forward to this particular visit. Other than the Cambridges to Canada there´ll be lots of bling bling and monarchial glamour.;)

eya 10-03-2016 10:27 AM

State visit to JAPAN from 9 to 15 October- Strong ties between the Japanese Imperial Family and the Belgian Royal Family: official visit to Japan King Baudouin with Prince Phillippe in 1985.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...6b&oe=586CE488
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...3c&oe=586E07B6
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ef&oe=5869189B
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f1&oe=58ABF444

eya 10-09-2016 03:08 AM

Departure of the Kings for the state visit to Japan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuTtEyRWIAAVl0C.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuTtEzNWgAAX5U2.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuTtE0FWgAAxSxD.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuTtE4mWAA49fWX.jpg

iceflower 10-10-2016 02:56 AM

.

I'm looking foward to many wonderful photos!


** belga gallery departure - October 9 **


** deredactie.be video: King Filip and Queen Mathilde off to Japan **


And more from today:


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery arrival **


** belga gallery: JAPAN ROYALS STATE VISIT DAY 1 **

eya 10-10-2016 04:20 AM

The Kings arrives to Tokyo to start a state visit after the invitation of the emperor and empress.

https://tt.se/media/image/sdltb721f32...arkPreview.jpg
https://tt.se/media/image/sdltb721f6a...arkPreview.jpg

Day 1 : Nezu Shrine, 1 of the oldest & most beautiful Shinto worship places in Tokyo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuZAG-sUMAAJ8uO.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuZAG_iVYAAUlHG.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuZAHAlUAAIwXN7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuZAHBaUAAA_lp5.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuY_49oUEAMRiVz.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuY_466UsAAUfEj.jpg
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...52&oe=5868237D
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...91&oe=586B383E

Meeting the Belgian community in Japan at the Belgian embassy inTokyo.

https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:9...b6a&m=gpegbffp
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...22&oe=586D68F4
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a6&oe=58A84E8E
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...50&oe=58A9AF6C

Stefan 10-10-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1930582)
.

I'm looking foward to many wonderful photos!


And more from today:


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery arrival **


** belga gallery: JAPAN ROYALS STATE VISIT DAY 1 **

The Queens seems to wear a quiet big multicoloured broosh at the arrival. Has shew woorn it before? Or is it something new?

Jelka 10-10-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1930651)
The Queens seems to wear a quiet big multicoloured broosh at the arrival. Has shew woorn it before? Or is it something new?

She has worn it before in Davos in 2015.

Marika86 10-10-2016 11:18 AM

Getty Images: Belgian Royals State Visit To Japan

Al_bina 10-10-2016 11:46 AM

Thanks for the photos!
I am surprised the the Imperial family did not send Crown Princely couple to meet King Philippe and Queen Mathilde at the airport.

Stefan 10-10-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1930679)
Thanks for the photos!
I am surprised the the Imperial family did not send Crown Princely couple to meet King Philippe and Queen Mathilde at the airport.

Probably because the official welcome ceremony will be tomorrow and not direct after the arrival.
Is there anything known if CP Masako will atttend the State Banquet tomorrow.

Al_bina 10-10-2016 01:03 PM

:previous:
I can not find anything about Crown Princess Masako's possible attendance.

polyesco 10-10-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 1928869)
State visit to JAPAN from 9 to 15 October- Strong ties between the Japanese Imperial Family and the Belgian Royal Family: official visit to Japan King Baudouin with Prince Phillippe in 1985.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...6b&oe=586CE488
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...3c&oe=586E07B6
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ef&oe=5869189B
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f1&oe=58ABF444

thank you for including these pictures. always nice to see
:flowers:

Prisma 10-10-2016 09:59 PM

According to Mainichi, CP Masako attended the welcoming ceremony. Google translation:
Quote:

Welcome event of the Belgian Philippe royal couple who came to Japan as a state guest is 11 days, the Imperial Palace, the palace Higashiniwa, the Emperor, the Empress and Crown Prince and his wife was attended.
[…]
11 days in the evening, hosted the royal court banquet at the Imperial Palace.
She attended the official banquet for the Filipino President last year so it's possible she’ll attend tonight. Not sure if any announcement was made that time.

Some welcoming ceremony photos and video:
https://www.asahicom.jp/articles/imag...01074_comm.jpg

small Sankei, Asahi galleries

news.tbs.co.jp, fnn-news, NHK, and ANN videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubz_A4qd3Zw

ETA: added fnn-news, NHK, and Asahi links

ETA2: Accueil officiel des souverains belges à Tokyo - Noblesse & Royautés

eya 10-11-2016 01:18 AM

And later King Phillippe have Lunch with CEOs of leading Japanese companies

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CudiTV6UkAA9Xte.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CudiTV6UsAAq8T-.jpg

and Queen Mathilde visit the Toho Gakuen school of Music

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CudkfaqUIAAICkC.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CudkfaqVIAAWyyd.jpg

and visit Belgian fashion design inspired by Japanese creations

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CueTsqPWYAA1e1t.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CueTsqNWIAAmbTL.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CueTsqPWcAAc4Lr.jpg

iceflower 10-11-2016 04:08 AM

.

A short additional article with pics of the welcome ceremony:


** dailymail: Belgian King Philippe and Queen Mathilde visiting Japan **


A gallery of the first events:


** pm: Mathilde et Philippe sont arrivés au Japon **



A gallery of day 2:


** belga gallery: JAPAN ROYALS STATE VISIT DAY 2 **



And a Twitter pic of the state banquet!


The Palace also released a copy of the speech King Philippe held at the banquet today:


** monarchie.be: Speech by His Majesty the King of the Belgians at the State Banquet **

SLV 10-11-2016 04:29 AM

Very good to see the Crownprincess attending.

QUEENECE29 10-11-2016 07:20 AM

KING PHILIPPE QUEEN MATHILDE VISIT TOKYO | Selda Göktaş

Tilia C. 10-11-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1930880)
.

[..]
And a Twitter pic of the state banquet!


The Palace also released a copy of the speech King Philippe held at the banquet today:


** monarchie.be: Speech by His Majesty the King of the Belgians at the State Banquet **

It looks like Queen Mathilde is wearing the Woolfers tiara. I hope we'll soon see more banquet pic.

wartenberg7 10-11-2016 10:13 AM

I´m really surprised the Queen wore this small, not very spectacular tiara for a visit in an empire. But I guess she knew beforehand the Empress didn´t wear one once again so she didn´t want to "show off"?!
The empress not wearing a tiara possibly because of health reasons might be understandable - but she didn´t wear any decorations at a state banquet while everyone else did, because....?!?

Stefan 10-11-2016 10:39 AM

CP Masako was present and wore the modern fringe like diamond and pearl tiara

Duc_et_Pair 10-11-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wartenberg7 (Post 1930972)
I´m really surprised the Queen wore this small, not very spectacular tiara for a visit in an empire. But I guess she knew beforehand the Empress didn´t wear one once again so she didn´t want to "show off"?!
The empress not wearing a tiara possibly because of health reasons might be understandable - but she didn´t wear any decorations at a state banquet while everyone else did, because....?!?

All other princesses wore big jewels. Compared with the imperial princesses, Mathilde was a bit underbejewelled.

Stefan 10-11-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1930996)
All other princesses wore big jewels. Compared with the imperial princesses, Mathilde was a bit underbejewelled.

They always wear their full Parures with tiara and mirrored necklace. The only exception is the Empress who has stopped wearing tiaras a few years ago on the advice of her doctors. Therefore i find it surprising that Queen Mathilde did nor wear some additional Jewels and a bigger tiara.

Prisma 10-11-2016 11:49 AM

The CP and Akishino couples:
https://www.asahicom.jp/articles/imag...05162_comm.jpg

CP Masako:
https://www.asahicom.jp/articles/imag...05157_comm.jpg

Princesses Mako and Kako:
https://www.asahicom.jp/articles/imag...05152_comm.jpg

Princess Kako:
https://www.sankei.com/images/news/16...0110015-p5.jpg

Mrs. Sayako Kuroda:
https://www.asahicom.jp/articles/imag...05169_comm.jpg

Sources: Asahi, Sankei

Duc_et_Pair 10-11-2016 11:51 AM

Impressive outings by the imperial princesses.

Mbruno 10-11-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1931000)
They always wear their full Parures with tiara and mirrored necklace. The only exception is the Empress who has stopped wearing tiaras a few years ago on the advice of her doctors. Therefore i find it surprising that Queen Mathilde did nor wear some additional Jewels and a bigger tiara.


I'm pretty sure she knew the Empress would not be wearing a tiara and found it would be rude to wear something bigger.

wartenberg7 10-11-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1931000)
They always wear their full Parures with tiara and mirrored necklace. The only exception is the Empress who has stopped wearing tiaras a few years ago on the advice of her doctors. Therefore i find it surprising that Queen Mathilde did nor wear some additional Jewels and a bigger tiara.

I really did expect the full version of the "9 Province´s tiara", usually worn in monarchies:ermm:
like this: https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id173523009

To me Empress Michiko already looks like a widow without being it.

polyesco 10-11-2016 02:23 PM

Excellent photos, why is the Empress not wearing a sash?

eya 10-11-2016 03:39 PM

Queen Mathilde of Belgium dazzles in a tiara packed with 200 diamonds in Tokyo | Daily Mail Online

altagrace 10-11-2016 04:55 PM

The Wolfers tiara?
 
Pity Q Mathilde chose to wear a relatively small tiara; probably not to overpower the Empress.
I was hoping to see a big gun,:-( even hoping to see if she inherited another of Q Fabiola's pieces e.g. The Spanish gift tiara!
Oh well, next time.

maria-olivia 10-11-2016 05:32 PM

More important than the dresses , jewels of our Queen Consort :

Normally for State Visits the Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs are with the King since the beginning of the Visit.

But we have a difficult Political Situation in Belgium , the important Ministers had to stay in Belgium
The King will have an audiance with the Prime Minister of Japan. He may not speak without our Minister of Foreign affairs who will go to Japan to morrow.
To me the State Visits are obsolete , the Economical Visits are important.
Two Ministers are there since the beginning. Willy Claes our excellent State Minister and Pieter De Crem , Minister of Nothing who had to come back from harvard where he studied since April. But that was not enough.

Just heard , Minister Reynders will not go to Japan due to the actual political Situation.
The Belgian Ambassador in Japan will sign the Document our Minister had to sign. Du jamais vu !

Countessmeout 10-11-2016 05:49 PM

While I love seeing bigger tiaras, I think it appropriate even with imperial princesses in their full jewels she chose a smaller piece. The empress is her counter part at the event, and knowing the empress no longer wears tiaras, it seems a good choice. :flowers:

dazzling 10-12-2016 12:46 AM

Belgium's King Philippe (2nd L) and Queen Mathilde (2nd R), Japan's Emperor Akihito (L) and Empress Michiko wave to well-wishers upon their arrival at Yuki Information, Communication Center in Yuki, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan October 12, 2016.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
ANP pictures

Prisma 10-12-2016 01:57 AM

Tokyo Sky Tree lit with the colors of Belgium's flag:
https://twitter.com/MofaJapan_ITPR/s...82885093474305

IHA translated Emperor Akihito's banquet speech:
Remarks by His Majesty the Emperor at the State Banquet in Honour of Their Majesties King Philippe and Queen Mathilde King and Queen of the Belgians (Tuesday, October 11, 2016)

Waving from the train

Their convoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MQvzFJFiw8

eya 10-12-2016 02:06 AM

Traditional arts and crafts in Yuki

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cui6RYTWAAAxnOB.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cui6RY-WYAAHj6e.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cui6RaNWAAAIi0z.jpg

iceflower 10-12-2016 03:48 AM

.

Here's a second gallery by gettyimages with the pics from yesterday and today:


** gettyimages gallery **


Today's belga gallery:


** belga gallery: JAPAN ROYALS STATE VISIT DAY 3 **


And some more of today's Twitter pics:


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **



The day ended with a dinner hosted by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at Akasaka State Guesthouse.

Here's a link to the speech King Philippe held during the dinner:


** monarchie.be: Speech by His Majesty the King of the Belgians at the dinner..**

*Mara* 10-12-2016 05:33 AM

Thanks for sharing information, pictures and video clips everyone. :flowers: It’s nice to see how the personal bond between the Imperial family and the Belgian RF remains so strong. For ex. the dinner speeches had a nice personal touch with the emperor reflecting on his encounters with the Belgians for more than 60 years or Michiko and Mathilde linking arms for support.

Also worth to mention: Philippe and Mathilde had a private meting with a Japenese victim of the terror attacs in Brussels on day 1 of this visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1931193)
More important than the dresses , jewels of our Queen Consort :

Normally for State Visits the Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs are with the King since the beginning of the Visit.

But we have a difficult Political Situation in Belgium , the important Ministers had to stay in Belgium
The King will have an audiance with the Prime Minister of Japan. He may not speak without our Minister of Foreign affairs who will go to Japan to morrow.
To me the State Visits are obsolete , the Economical Visits are important.
Two Ministers are there since the beginning. Willy Claes our excellent State Minister and Pieter De Crem , Minister of Nothing who had to come back from harvard where he studied since April. But that was not enough.


Just heard , Minister Reynders will not go to Japan due to the actual political Situation.
The Belgian Ambassador in Japan will sign the Document our Minister had to sign. Du jamais vu !

It probably escaped your notice but State visits turned into economic missions too since a few years. Philippe and Mathilde are accompanied by 120 business people and the whole delegation which also includes academics have done their fair share to promote Belgian businesses and universities in Japan.
It certainly wasn’t helpful though that NO member of the federal government had shown up in Japan so far. The State Secretary of Foreign Trade Pieter De Crem only arrived in Tokio a few minutes ago. Why they thought it would be opportune to have him following a 6-week long course in Harvard while he was needed on the job is quite puzzling. He could have done that in his private time. The foreign minister on the other hand is missing because the Federal government wasn’t able to finish their budget negotiations in due time before the European deadline expires on Oct 15. It’s a self-created mess and its quite pitiable that the politicians can’t pull themselves together for a change.

maria-olivia 10-12-2016 05:50 AM

Mara, Stunning You are so far away and you know all about our political Situation.

This is a real State Visit with the King and the Queen for the 150 years with Japan.
Princess Astrid is going for the Economical Missions.

*Mara* 10-12-2016 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1931304)
Mara, Stunning You are so far away and you know all about our political Situation.

This is a real State Visit with the King and the Queen for the 150 years with Japan.
Princess Astrid is going for the Economical Missions.

I beg to differ. There is a large business and academic delegation in attendance. Philippe and Mathilde attended business meetings, networking events and contract signings, pretty much what they had already done during economic missions. Had it been just a traditional state visit with political encounters, sightseeing and cultural events the more or less openly separatist prime minister of Flanders would certainly not have accompanied them. ;)

Al_bina 10-12-2016 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisma (Post 1931025)
... [snipped]
Mrs. Sayako Kuroda:
https://www.asahicom.jp/articles/imag...05169_comm.jpg

Sources: Asahi, Sankei

Thanks for the photos!
It is great that all members of the Imperial family were able to attend and Mrs Kuroda was among the attendees. I wonder what her presence may mean. Technically she is not the member of the family.

Duc_et_Pair 10-12-2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1931364)
Thanks for the photos!
It is great that all members of the Imperial family were able to attend and Mrs Kuroda was among the attendees. I wonder what her presence may mean. Technically she is not the member of the family.

On itself there were appr. 200-250 non-members of the family enjoying their meal during the banquet...

Prisma 10-12-2016 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1931364)
Thanks for the photos!
It is great that all members of the Imperial family were able to attend and Mrs Kuroda was among the attendees. I wonder what her presence may mean. Technically she is not the member of the family.

You’re welcome! It’s wonderful to see Mrs. Kuroda included. I wish more of the family were photographed. The Hitachi couple, Mikasa princesses, and Takamado princesses attended the banquet according to the agenda.

Last night, CP Naruhito and CP Masako visited King Philippe and Queen Mathilde privately.
Source: Asahi reporter Yasuhiko Shima’s tweet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD-CpgbmvJs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9-OKR16dw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RenaKarMrPA

Countessmeout 10-12-2016 10:44 PM

Great seeing these wonderful photos:flowers:

These royal tours as part of trade missions are important. The trade talks and attention it gets will help both countries. Yes the politicians other delegates are incredibly important, but the media that comes with royals is key here too.

eya 10-13-2016 01:19 AM

On board of a Shinkansen train to Nagoya on day 4 of our State visit to Japan.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...6d&oe=58A32504

10 millions Japanese cars shipped to Belgium! Belgian ports and Japanese automobile industry work together for innovation.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...47&oe=5866306F
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...0a&oe=589C03CA
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...89&oe=589B5512

Showcase of Belgian products at Matsuzakaya Department Store in Nagoya.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ec&oe=58AAEAC2
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ba&oe=58A6C2FD
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...d3&oe=5897791D
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...13&oe=5860EEAF
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cunl1aGUkAExvFX.jpg

Visit Tokugawa Art Museum

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuoA5TOWEAAhXVJ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuoA5TNXYAAClu2.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuoA5TPWIAAMbs-.jpg

Heading back from Nagoya to Tokyo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuoLSLMWgAAUq3S.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuoLSLLXYAAXbrl.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuoLSLLW8AAa7sY.jpg

First pictures from the concert offered by the Kings in honour of the Emperor and Empress.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...46646133_o.jpg
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...b7&oe=58A6D50B
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...fd&oe=586B2A61
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...81&oe=58A15461
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...20&oe=58A09844
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a4&oe=58A26EB3

iceflower 10-13-2016 06:02 AM

.

More pics from today, October 13, can be found here:


** gettyimages gallery **


** belga gallery: JAPAN ROYALS STATE VISIT DAY 4 **

Duc_et_Pair 10-13-2016 06:43 AM

Did I miss the return event given by the Belgian royals to their hosts?

Bine221 10-13-2016 07:16 AM

I am sooooooo happy to see CP Masako - and that she is joining the State Dinner. She is looking STUNNING! And I have the impression she is feeling better/healthier than ever. Great for her.


The CP and Akishino couples:
https://www.asahicom.jp/articles/imag...05162_comm.jpg

CP Masako:
https://www.asahicom.jp/articles/imag...05157_comm.jpg

Prisma 10-13-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1931572)
Did I miss the return event given by the Belgian royals to their hosts?

No, photos of the return event are trickling in from Asahi and Mainichi:

https://www.asahicom.jp/articles/imag...06716_comm.jpg

https://cdn.mainichi.jp/vol1/2016/10/...0128000p/9.jpg

ETA: More from the Belgian Monarchy's Facebook page. Yay! Finally, some photos of the Mikasa and Takamado families.
https://www.facebook.com/BeMonarchie...46105678986398

Videos: news.tbs.co.jp and news24.jp

polyesco 10-13-2016 01:24 PM

Masako curtsy to the Queen
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltb...arkPreview.jpg
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltb...arkPreview.jpg

https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltb...arkPreview.jpg
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltb...arkPreview.jpg

Mbruno 10-13-2016 01:31 PM

Lovely curtsy by Princess Masako !

Marchesina 10-13-2016 01:42 PM

It's great to see Masako attending, and she seems very at ease with Mathilde and Philippe. Also, it is great that the Belgians offered a concert given how fond the imperial family is of classical music!

Mbruno 10-13-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marchesina (Post 1931735)
It's great to see Masako attending, and she seems very at ease with Mathilde and Philippe. Also, it is great that the Belgians offered a concert given how fond the imperial family of classical music!

Mathilde, who is also a musician herself, shares that trait with the Emperess, so the idea of a concert was a natural choice.

eya 10-14-2016 01:03 AM

Arrival in Osaka

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CusSDQyXgAE1br1.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CusVqhzWIAA8ybz.jpg

Cooperation between Kobe University and Belgian universities in Osaka Day 5

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cus6CgbUMAA1d8_.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cus6CiJVYAAU_re.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cus6CgaVUAACjMQ.jpg

Luncheon with representatives of the Japanese chemical industry in Osaka promoting investment in Belgium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cusymz-VYAAzcJL.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cusymz7UAAEG9_c.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cusymz9UEAEb0-M.jpg

Visit Theatre

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cutd0GkUEAAGnNi.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cutd0GiUsAAOQS7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cutd0GjUsAA_gMo.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cutd0GkUkAAtaSR.jpg

Duc_et_Pair 10-14-2016 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marchesina (Post 1931735)
It's great to see Masako attending, and she seems very at ease with Mathilde and Philippe. Also, it is great that the Belgians offered a concert given how fond the imperial family is of classical music!

In almost all monarchies (and republics) the return-banquet is replaced by a concert, a ballet, an opera or a theatre play. Only so now and then a fullblown white-tie second gala state banquet is still organized, for an example during the State Visit of King Carl XVI Gustaf to Queen Beatrix.

So it is great that the Belgian guests offered a concert, but almost all visiting state guest do so...

Marengo 10-14-2016 02:23 AM

What lovely photos thi visited provided us with. And how nice that then crown princess was able to attend several parts of the programme. Nice to see princess Takamado again too, who seems to be a delightful lady.

Good to see the queen wearing mostly Dries van Noten. The quality of his clothes is so much higher and the designs are more interesting. Natan's Eduard Vermeulen did join the visit btw.

iceflower 10-14-2016 06:15 AM

:previous:

He did? That's indeed interesting! Hoping for many Japanese customers it seems..;)


Here are more pics from today:


** belga gallery: JAPAN ROYALS STATE VISIT DAY 5 **

Prisma 10-15-2016 02:32 AM

Some photos at Sankei Imperial Weekly #456 and Getty Images gallery of the return event

eya 10-15-2016 05:09 AM

An interesting and busy trip for the Kings! With beuatiful pictures!

https://www.instagram.com/belgianroyalpalace/ …


Queen Mathilde in this state visit in Japan: 5 days, 12 outfits. Chic and Elegant!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuyvFhuWgAAl2Pc.jpg

maria-olivia 10-15-2016 07:23 AM

More threads about the Queen Consort than the King.
He was handsome with the Collar of greatest Japanese Order.
Our King did also a Jogging with the Crown Prince during their Stay..

SLV 10-15-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1932272)
More threads about the Queen Consort than the King.
He was handsome with the Collar of greatest Japanese Order.
Our King did also a Jogging with the Crown Prince during their Stay..

Good to hear he had time to relax with such a busy program.

iceflower 10-16-2016 03:17 AM

.

A look back on some of the highlights of the visit:


** pm: Mathilde trinque avec Akihito **


** pm: Mathilde veut tout savoir du Yuki-tsumugi ** translation **

Prisma 10-20-2016 01:06 PM

Place Royale’s coverage of the state visit. There’s a glimpse of Princess Tsuguko at the state banquet at 7:02 in the first video.

JAPON Philippe et Mathilde au pays du soleil levant < RTLTVI

JAPON visite d'état au pays du soleil levant < RTLTVI


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises