The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-george-and-princess-charlotte-general-news-part-3-may-2016-april-2018-a-40679.html)

Skippyboo 07-15-2016 03:54 PM

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 2: May 2016

Probably the only true thing about that article is that George is having a birthday. The Cambridges don't seem like designer dog people. Kate's family has cocker spaniels and a golden retriever. William had a Labrador. Kate's horse allergy is unconfirmed. If she had a severe allergy- I don't think Lupo and Marvin would be around. Plus the Cambridges have been pretty low key about their pets - Lupo came from James and Marvin was a casual conversation drop in from Kate.

Where was the scoop reporting about Charlotte's first or George's party last year? It's easy to think they are going out and buying expensive things. But it is probably not true.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

carlota 07-15-2016 05:21 PM

so cute that george is getting a Bolonka Zwetnas dog! i can't wait to see him / her sometime. adorable! the family grows: george, charlotte, lupo, marvin the hamster and the Bolonka Zwetnas... :)

Countessmeout 07-16-2016 02:44 AM

:previous: I wouldn't count on it until we see a picture. This article stems from the 'they are looking at dogs' months ago.

This so called article is a joke. It reads more as an advertisement for party pieces. The theme may be one of 8 listed at PP. The guest list are random friends. Pippa is sure to buy a 'classic outfit;. Charles is 'known to give toy cars'. The train may have been leaked. :whistling:

The dog though is a joke, well their reasoning. Even if Kate's horse allergy was confirmed, which its not, doesn't mean she is allergic to all animals.

-good dog because has hair: Um, so do horses. Horses don't have fur. So if her allergy is to fur a horse wouldn't bother her

-They have Lupo, and cocker spaniels are notorious for shedding. If she needed a hypo allergenic dog, Lupo would be a bad choice.

She grew up with cocker spaniels, he with labs, corgis and hunting dogs. Nothing about them screams expensive lap dog. And that isn't the kind of dog you buy for an energetic toddler.

AdmirerUS 07-16-2016 09:00 AM

I've never known a healthy dog that only needed one small walk a day....:ohmy:

Dman 07-17-2016 09:19 AM

Picture:
Nice pic of George giving his royal wave-
Niall James Horan

This kid makes me laugh, but it seems like he know how important he is.

wartenberg7 07-17-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1906399)
Especially the Danish kids are a great example, I've lost count how many photos I've seen taking the twins to school by bike, Mary or Fred wearing ordinary clothes, nothing staged about that. Yet there is no uproar on this forum when these pictures are posted here.

Well, obviously an exception to the rule.
Besides, even though following everything royal with great interest and enthusiasm I don´t recall having seen this scene so often you claim! Yes, I remember that twice or 3 times, too. But not as if taking shots of the kids every week or so.
Another example was seeing the danish royal kids as birthday guests of Nikolai and Felix arriving for their party. But in other lands royal kids being photographed outside official events is a very, very rare thing!

The difference of perception seems to be if parents are around or not. When George is photographed with his mother in Kensington Gardens or near a Polofield where William plays, nobody complained.
Here the children were out "alone" with the nanny and many people suddenly felt uncomfortable...

Rudolph 07-20-2016 05:31 AM

Quote:

From the Battle of the Somme to England’s historic football world cup win, this new video series looks back at some of the major events of the past century and how they were covered by the Telegraph.

In this episode we take a look at Prince George’s story so far, taking in some of his cutest moments and biggest milestones in celebration of his third birthday on July 22.
Video: Prince George: the story so far

Skippyboo 07-20-2016 06:39 AM

Skip it. It are just slides with some captions. Not that great.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Rudolph 07-21-2016 04:04 PM

Pictures of Prince George will be released tomorrow to mark his third birthday

hernameispekka 07-21-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1910959)
Pictures of Prince George will be released tomorrow to mark his third birthday

Oooh, where did you hear that? :) (Not doubting, just wondering!)

Rudolph 07-21-2016 04:45 PM

^^^

Rebecca English

hernameispekka 07-21-2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1910985)
^^^

Rebecca English

Yeah, I saw that afterwards. Although... is it just me or could it mean 2 things. Both We will get pictures for his birthday tomorrow, as in we get them tomorrow. But it could also be We will get pictures for his birthday tomorrow, as in we will get picture celebrating the occation of his birthday that happens to be tomorrow. :P

MichelleQ2 07-21-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hernameispekka (Post 1910994)
Yeah, I saw that afterwards. Although... is it just me or could it mean 2 things. Both We will get pictures for his birthday tomorrow, as in we get them tomorrow. But it could also be We will get pictures for his birthday tomorrow, as in we will get picture celebrating the occation of his birthday that happens to be tomorrow. :P

i think we are definitely getting something special - It was deliberate wording by Rebecca English as if they had the photos already and were embargoed.

"there will be pix of Prince George released to mark his third birthday tomorrow but I can't say any more than that, sorry."

also I think KP is very savvy about the news cycles and not stealing limelight. Today on KP social message all about Harry at the Aids conference. leaked pix a day early of George could have buried Harry's focus on a really good cause.

Countessmeout 07-21-2016 07:49 PM

I don't know why it is surprising. Every birthday we get a series of staged photos of the kids wearing old fashioned clothes and 'playing'. No need to leak anything.

Rudolph 07-21-2016 09:01 PM

Quote:

Prince George is about to turn three years old – but his influence on the fashion world is already enormous.

The little royal has been named the biggest style icon for toddlers, according to new research from Rakuten Marketing.

Over a third (39 per cent) of participants in the survey, who were all parents, stated that George has the biggest effect on what their toddlers wear
Read more: Prince George, 2, named top style icon for children

Rudolph 07-22-2016 04:45 AM

Prince George!!!

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...06093073510400

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...06407621140480

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...06896140115968

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...07093373112320

crm2317 07-22-2016 04:52 AM

Those are beautiful photos! I love the one of him standing on the swing!

Duke of Marmalade 07-22-2016 04:56 AM

Prince George celebrates his third birthday surrounded by family and nursery friends* | Daily Mail Online

Curryong 07-22-2016 05:08 AM

Lovely photos. What a tall boy George is, and looks a mixture of William and Mike Middleton. Great to see Lupo too, joining in the fun I'm sure!

An Ard Ri 07-22-2016 05:11 AM

I really love the one of Prince George with his dog and is he giving him ice cream?