The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-george-and-princess-charlotte-general-news-part-3-may-2016-april-2018-a-40679.html)

JessRulz 05-08-2016 03:17 AM

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018
 

Welcome to Prince George and Princess Charlotte's
General News, Part Three

Commencing May 8, 2016

The previous thread can be found here.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

***

Lady Nimue 05-08-2016 04:02 AM

I think Princess Charlotte looks just like her brother. Except for coloring I would have mistaken her picture for a picture of George. :flowers: Very cute. Middleton genes dominate methinks.

Curryong 05-09-2016 09:59 AM

Michelle Obama and Harry talk about George and the Kensington Palace evening and about Harry being a great uncle!

Prince Harry, Michelle Obama Give Behind-the-Scenes Account of Kensington Palace Dinner - ABC News

Rudolph 05-09-2016 10:08 AM

Without children of his own, Harry knows George is his meal ticket :lol:

Skippyboo 05-09-2016 10:26 AM

Why would George refer to Harry as Prince Harry to his parents ? I can see the Obamas referring to him as Prince Harry but not his own family - he is just Harry or in George's case Uncle Harry like in the quotes from Mrs Obama


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

eya 05-09-2016 10:29 AM

Princess Charlotte is worth 3.2 BILLION to the UK economy | Daily Mail Online

Dman 05-09-2016 10:49 AM

I like how Mrs. Obama made it known that Prince George wanted to know why his Uncle was on his best behavior. He may look like a baby, but he's very advanced.

Curryong 05-09-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1887392)
Without children of his own, Harry knows George is his meal ticket :lol:

Why would George be Harry's meal ticket? Harry is one of the most eligible men in the world, and one of the most popular royals. He led in a recent poll.

Rudolph 05-09-2016 11:08 AM

Harry hasn't given an interview in the past week without name dropping Prince George.

Hazza is fifth in line now. He needs to stay on George's good side :lol:

Princess of Durham 05-09-2016 12:19 PM

:previous: Maybe it isn't "name-dropping" so much as it is that Harry is a proud uncle and loves George and thinks he is cute .... just like a lot of uncles out there. I don't think Harry "needs" George, he seems to get a lot of attention on his own.

Rudolph 05-09-2016 12:31 PM

Royal babies and toddlers are at the top of the list when it comes to attention. George being the third in line to the throne is even better.

Anyone mentioning Prince George is going to get attention from it, even Harry.

Plus if Harry lives a long life, George could very well be his king, so Harry must stay on his good side

Osipi 05-09-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess of Durham (Post 1887433)
:previous: Maybe it isn't "name-dropping" so much as it is that Harry is a proud uncle and loves George and thinks he is cute .... just like a lot of uncles out there. I don't think Harry "needs" George, he seems to get a lot of attention on his own.

Your statement is the one that makes the most sense to me. It is pretty obvious that Harry and George interact enough for George to notice and remark "why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?". We all know how Harry can be such a big kid himself with children and I imagine Harry and George spend many happy hours together just being silly. :biggrin:

casualfan 05-09-2016 01:01 PM

OMG no one is anyone else's meal ticket in this situation. They are family, and George is a toddler, so reporters are going to ask Harry and everyone else about him.

Countessmeout 05-09-2016 01:05 PM

How is Harry name dropping :ohmy: He was asked questions about the kids, he didn't bring them up. :bang: Name dropping would be if he out of the blue brought up the kids or his mother. Is he supposed to refuse to answer questions about them :ermm:

soapstar 05-09-2016 01:24 PM

This thread isn't about Harry, so let's get back to discussing George and Charlotte.

mslewis 05-09-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1887461)
This thread isn't about Harry, so let's get back to discussing George and Charlotte.

Yes, please, back to George and Charlotte. Thread was getting a little weird.

I suppose we will be seeing George again at his birthday. Hopefully, before but then, for sure.

TLLK 05-09-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1887449)
Your statement is the one that makes the most sense to me. It is pretty obvious that Harry and George interact enough for George to notice and remark "why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?". We all know how Harry can be such a big kid himself with children and I imagine Harry and George spend many happy hours together just being silly. :biggrin:

It appears that George will have wonderful memories of rough housing with his uncle Harry.:smile:

TortillaChips 05-09-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mslewis (Post 1887555)
I suppose we will be seeing George again at his birthday. Hopefully, before but then, for sure.


Hopefully at Trooping the Colour 😀

Queen Camilla 05-09-2016 09:59 PM

Hopefully not. It is to celebrate the Queen's 90th and a surprise for Prince Philip's 95th.:lol:

No George, unless there is Mia. Equal opportunity.:lol:

George can have his 3rd birthday in July no need to crowd the Queen's and Philip's birthday.

Pranter 05-09-2016 10:02 PM

Mia is not going to be King. Big difference.

Countessmeout 05-09-2016 10:08 PM

:previous: Since when is the balcony for trooping been reserved to the heir to the throne :bang: It's a family event last I looked, extended family like the queen's cousins and their grandkids often appear. So its not a stretch to think other great-grandkids would be involved.

Queen Camilla 05-09-2016 10:54 PM

I think we now have confirmation that George is 'naughty' because he can out the adults.

I thought he would tattle on Mummy and Daddy but apparently his target is Harry. :lol::lol:

You cannot trust those toddlers.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

George said 'Uncle Harry, why are you so quiet? Why are you so quiet?'"

Harry said "so embarrassing".:biggrin:

Ish 05-09-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Camilla (Post 1887562)
Hopefully not. It is to celebrate the Queen's 90th and a surprise for Prince Philip's 95th.:lol:

No George, unless there is Mia. Equal opportunity.:lol:

George can have his 3rd birthday in July no need to crowd the Queen's and Philip's birthday.


Once again, this is an apples and oranges situation. George is a royal and in the direct line to the throne. His parents attend the Trooping almost every year, his father having an active part, and he attended last year. It's reasonable to assume that George is likely to attend this year (although I doubt Charlotte will).

Mia is not a royal, is not the child of a royal, and is not in the direct line to the throne. Her parents do not attend the Trooping every year, I think it's been a few years since either attended at all. It's not really reasonable to expect Mia to attend this year.

People keep on acting like there's this affront to the Queen's other great-grandchildren when attention is paid to George and Charlotte, but not Savannah, Isla, or Mia, but people have to remember that Peter and Zara are not royals, nor are their children, and especially in the case of Peter they lead primarily private lives. As such, their children are private individuals in a way that George and Charlotte will never be - and the Queen respects that.

Skippyboo 05-09-2016 11:37 PM

With the church service, trooping and lunch on the mall, maybe the Tindalls and Phillips will be on the balcony. There are plenty of Kents & Taylors who are further down the line of succession on balcony. George is going to be on that balcony for the rest of his life, as will his parents. Not the same scenario for the Tindalls and Phillips.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Pranter 05-10-2016 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1887566)
:previous: Since when is the balcony for trooping been reserved to the heir to the throne :bang: It's a family event last I looked, extended family like the queen's cousins and their grandkids often appear. So its not a stretch to think other great-grandkids would be involved.

You miss the point. I respnded specifically to QC's comment.

Countessmeout 05-10-2016 01:44 AM

I am sorry I don't see how I did. :previous: QC said Mia had equal right to be on the balcony as George. You pointed out that was false, because George is the future king. Since when has that ever been a deciding factor? The Mowatt children regularilly appear, and they are how many generations removed, as the great-great grandchildren of George V.

Dman 05-10-2016 02:15 AM

Folks, yes we will see George on the balcony for the trooping this year. The question is will we see Charlotte?

Pranter 05-10-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1887593)
I am sorry I don't see how I did. :previous: QC said Mia had equal right to be on the balcony as George. You pointed out that was false, because George is the future king. Since when has that ever been a deciding factor? The Mowatt children regularilly appear, and they are how many generations removed, as the great-great grandchildren of George V.

Has nothing to do with equal rights. Has to do with their positions within the monarchy. You would expect to see a future King there...a minor non-royal is not likely to be expected to appear.

Countessmeout 05-10-2016 09:32 AM

Interesting. I didn't realize that Mia was further down the line then the Moffats, Taylors, Lewis and other members who are seen at trooping. Thanks for clearing that up, that only more senior royals are expected to be on the balcony:flowers: Clearly Mia is too far removed.

Quote:

Folks, yes we will see George on the balcony for the trooping this year. The question is will we see Charlotte?
I doubt it. George didn't attend until last year when he was nearly 2. Charlotte is only 1.

AdmirerUS 05-10-2016 09:50 AM

There is a large family meal for the family after Trooping. For them, there is a familial celebration element. Hence the presence of all kinds of children from the family.
JMO, but children on the balcony bring life and a kind of hope for the future to the images of the family on the balcony. They elevate the photos. Plus, the kids get to look at that wonderful fly-by!
Oops - and I just realized we are off topic!

hel 05-10-2016 09:54 AM

William first went when he was 2, and Harry was there the next year when he was about 8 months old. Personally, I'd bet on Charlotte at TtC this year.

Dman 05-10-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1887668)
Interesting. I didn't realize that Mia was further down the line then the Moffats, Taylors, Lewis and other members who are seen at trooping. Thanks for clearing that up, that only more senior royals are expected to be on the balcony:flowers: Clearly Mia is too far removed.



I doubt it. George didn't attend until last year when he was nearly 2. Charlotte is only 1.

I don't think it's about age, but about if the baby can handle the fly past. Babies are different. Sometimes you see a baby on the balcony just several months old. If Charlotte can handle it, it's possible we could see her. If William and Catherine think Charlotte can't handle it, we probably won't see her on the balcony this year.

sndral 05-10-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Nimue (Post 1887098)
I think Princess Charlotte looks just like her brother. Except for coloring I would have mistaken her picture for a picture of George. :flowers: Very cute. Middleton genes dominate methinks.

I'm not very good at comparing babies, but the other night I was looking through the Queen Mary thread and saw a pix of Queen Mary w/ Queen Elizabeth II when she was a baby and it struck me that Charlotte looked a lot like Queen Elizabeth II
compare:
In pictures: Queen Elizabeth II at 90 in 90 images - BBC News
with:
Princess Charlotte Sits on Queen Elizabeth's Lap in Portrait

But maybe it's just the cheeks and stern expression in both:rofl:

Rudolph 05-11-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Prince William met schoolchildren during an engagement in Oxford when the conversation naturally turned to his own youngsters, Prince George and Princess Charlotte. William spent several minutes chatting to the pupils from Pegasus Primary School about their favourite books and lessons.

He spoke of his family's fondness for one children's book in particular The Gruffalo. Schoolgirl Xiomara, eight, told reporters: "His favourite book was The Gruffalo."

When asked if the Julia Donaldson book was a favourite with William, or his son George and his daughter Charlotte, the schoolgirl added: "His and his children."
Read more: Prince William reveals Prince George's favourite book

Rudolph 05-13-2016 06:03 AM

Quote:

While the Duke of Cambridge visited the Royal National Lifeboat Institution Tower Lifeboat Station (RNLI) in London Thursday, he was all smiles as he was given two adorable gifts for his little ones. According to E! Online, William received a pair of yellow RNLI wellington boots for George and a teddy bear wearing a pink top for Princess Charlotte.
Read more: Prince William Receives Gifts for Princess Charlotte and Prince George | InStyle.com

Dman 05-17-2016 02:04 PM

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5h5 hours ago City of London, London
Prince William told a patient at the Royal Marsden today he is "trying to sort out schools" for Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...56633176412160

Sun Lion 05-24-2016 02:23 PM

New photos of George!

If you didn't pledge last year to not look at any unofficial photos of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's children - check out the "Daily Mail/Mail Online".

Catherine and the litttle Prince in the sunshine as George tries out the police motorcycle in the grounds of Kensington Palace.

(Charlotte in her pram perhaps too.)

Dman 05-24-2016 02:26 PM

I won't post pictures, but it goes to show you that Catherine is a busy working mom.

Sun Lion 05-24-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1892218)
I won't post pictures, but it goes to show you that Catherine is a busy working mom.


And Twitter has photos of Catherine walking amongst the public in Kensington Gardens - pushing Charlotte in her pram with George walking beside her.

Catherine is wearing a different outfit to the "Daily Mail/Mail Online" photos - so I'm assuming it was a different day.

Also quotes that she waved to people.

Protection officers are in some of these, but there is also one photo taken from the front - so we get to see their faces.

Lumutqueen 05-24-2016 02:38 PM

PC George! Prince enjoys a ride on a police motorbike with help from a smiling Kate and FOUR officers | Daily Mail Online

Sorry guys this is a public forum, you don't want to look at the pics don't.

Countessmeout 05-24-2016 02:51 PM

:previous: Thank you. I agree, we see pictures of other royal children posted, I don't see why the Cambridge kids are different.

Not sure about the proof of the 'busy working mom' but great to see her out with the kids having a good time in London.

Dman 05-24-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1892229)
:previous: Thank you. I agree, we see pictures of other royal children posted, I don't see why the Cambridge kids are different.

Not sure about the proof of the 'busy working mom' but great to see her out with the kids having a good time in London.

Carrying out official engagements and other duties + handling two kids at home= Busy working mom.

Doctor reveals 23-strong team behind birth of Princess Charlotte

Duke of Marmalade 05-24-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Lion (Post 1892221)
And Twitter has photos of Catherine walking amongst the public in Kensington Gardens - pushing Charlotte in her pram with George walking beside her.

Catherine is wearing a different outfit to the "Daily Mail/Mail Online" photos - so I'm assuming it was a different day.

Also quotes that she waved to people.

Protection officers are in some of these, but there is also one photo taken from the front - so we get to see their faces.

Tthese are the twitter pics - although from quite far. I guess the girl saw them and took some pics from her smartphone.
https://twitter.com/Ashleyguitrau/st...85169459924992

Countessmeout 05-24-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1892234)
Carrying out official engagements and other duties + handling two kids at home= Busy working mom.

A walk in the park followed by maybe 2 hour garden party??? Seems a bit more like a leisurely weekend for most moms, then a 'busy working day'.

Yes she seems to be a hands on mom and that's great :flowers: And its fantastic she is taking on more duties:smile: But 3 hours of party and walking does not equal busy day. Many moms manage to work a 40 hour week and still take their kids for a walk. So I don't find, even in a week she may do 3 or 4 engagements, Kate a 'busy working mom'.

Erin9 05-24-2016 04:27 PM

^^

That's all we know publicly. We do know that there's behind the scenes royal work and no doubt Kate did more with her kids than take George and Charlotte outside today. Whatever she does, I don't picture her sitting on the sofa all day watching tv. She comes across as the type who keeps busy to me anyway.

Dman 05-24-2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1892252)
A walk in the park followed by maybe 2 hour garden party??? Seems a bit more like a leisurely weekend for most moms, then a 'busy working day'.

Yes she seems to be a hands on mom and that's great :flowers: And its fantastic she is taking on more duties:smile: But 3 hours of party and walking does not equal busy day. Many moms manage to work a 40 hour week and still take their kids for a walk. So I don't find, even in a week she may do 3 or 4 engagements, Kate a 'busy working mom'.

I'm talking about the work Catherine do as a senior royal and her mothering two kids. That make her a busy working mom. You boiled her life down to a garden party and a walk in the park.

soapstar 05-24-2016 05:55 PM

Let's get back to discussing Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

sndral 05-24-2016 10:54 PM

About a year ago we had pix of Prince George & nanny Maria watching Uncle Harry take off in the helicopter @ KP and now we have Prince George watching Princess Anne take off in the helicopter (before 'riding' the motorbike) I'm thinking Prince George finds helicopters to be fascinating.

Countessmeout 05-24-2016 11:16 PM

:previous: Will or Kate, or maybe both have said when asked about the kids, that George is fascinated by helicopters and wants to fly like daddy.

Ana Von Cleves 05-24-2016 11:30 PM

Big mouth doctors
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1892239)

I'm pretty sure this one won't be on the team at the next British royal birth.

Ana

eya 05-25-2016 08:07 AM

Meet Prince George and Princess Charlotte's pet hamster Marvin

Kate Middleton and Prince Wiliam send thank you cards from Princess Charlotte | Daily Mail Online

The No6 is just so........

Prince George's best royal impressions, from Kate Middleton to Prince Charles - HELLO! US

Rudolph 05-26-2016 05:36 AM

Winnie-the-Pooh Meets the Queen and Prince George : People.com

Osipi 05-26-2016 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1892674)

How wonderful is that? Deserving of a great big honey pot all around methinks. :clap:

hernameispekka 05-26-2016 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1892674)

Amazingly adorable!

TortillaChips 05-26-2016 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1892674)


Oh how utterly adorable :flowers:

Curryong 05-26-2016 07:28 AM

It's a really lovely birthday tribute!

HereditaryPrincess 05-27-2016 07:18 PM

I think the book is such a sweet idea, and I love all the illustrations! I hope that William and Catherine will get to read it with George and Charlotte.

Daria_S 05-28-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1892674)

I adore 'Winnie-the-Pooh' stories. They were my favorite when I was little. I'm definitely planning on getting my hands on this story. What a sweet birthday tribute for Her Majesty.



Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Rudolph 05-30-2016 12:32 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge took Prince George and Princess Charlotte to watch top horse riders in action over the weekend.

Kate and the family were spotted in the crowds cheering on the competitors at Houghton Hall International Horse Trials just round the corner from their country home at Anmer Hall.

VIDEO: Duchess of Cambridge enjoys Houghton horse trials action - Lynn News

Dman 05-30-2016 12:53 PM

Nice they enjoyed a day out.

Daria_S 05-30-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1894188)
The Duchess of Cambridge took Prince George and Princess Charlotte to watch top horse riders in action over the weekend.

Kate and the family were spotted in the crowds cheering on the competitors at Houghton Hall International Horse Trials just round the corner from their country home at Anmer Hall.

VIDEO: Duchess of Cambridge enjoys Houghton horse trials action - Lynn News

I love seeing stories about Catherine (and William) taking the children into the community. I'm also glad that no photos of them at the event have leaked out.



Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Dman 05-30-2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1894250)
I love seeing stories about Catherine (and William) taking the children into the community. I'm also glad that no photos of them at the event have leaked out.



Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Lol, I know the photographers hate they didn't get a chance to picture them st the event. One don't see the Cambridge family out and about in public places.

Sun Lion 05-30-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1894250)
I love seeing stories about Catherine (and William) taking the children into the community. I'm also glad that no photos of them at the event have leaked out.



Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app



There are a couple of photos doing the rounds of Twitter and other Royal-watching websites Daria_S.

Catherine is dressed differently in the photos - also hair up vs hair down - so there is speculation that she attended more that just one day.

I'm expecting to soon see reports that the head band she is wearing has been sold out. :lol:

A new look for the Duchess, I haven't seen her like that before.

I will have to stop saying "little" George - he's not so little anymore!

Also, some facebook accounts are saying William and Charlotte were there as well.

One of the photos has little pink stockinged legs walking between Nanny Maria and George - is Charlotte old enough to toddle now?

(Maybe her/maybe one of the children of the Cambridge's friends.)

Curryong 05-30-2016 11:32 PM

When has William been seen out and about in the community with his wife and children, on family days out, apart from the polo day last year?

Countessmeout 05-30-2016 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Lion (Post 1894312)
There are a couple of photos doing the rounds of Twitter and other Royal-watching websites Daria_S.

Catherine is dressed differently in the photos - also hair up vs hair down - so there is speculation that she attended more that just one day.

I'm expecting to soon see reports that the head band she is wearing has been sold out. :lol:

A new look for the Duchess, I haven't seen her like that before.

I will have to stop saying "little" George - he's not so little anymore!

Also, some facebook accounts are saying William and Charlotte were there as well.

One of the photos has little pink stockinged legs walking between Nanny Maria and George - is Charlotte old enough to toddle now?

(Maybe her/maybe one of the children of the Cambridge's friends.)

Yep.

https://www.facebook.com/63883718955...type=3&theater
https://twitter.com/MiddletonMaven

Definitely 2 days. Not only different hair, but she is in boots vs shoes. Also seems a cooler day one as they are bundled in jackets and long pants in one, and George has shorts and a sweater in the other and Kate no jacket.

Osipi 05-30-2016 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1894319)
When has William been seen out and about in the community with his wife and children, on family days out, apart from the polo day last year?

There's been a couple of times I think. One was for a petting farm? I think mainly that the people of Norfolk in and around the Sandringham estate most likely respect the Cambridge's privacy and basically leave them alone. That we're not seeing them a lot doing family outings is a good thing. :biggrin::biggrin:

Dman 05-31-2016 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1894319)
When has William been seen out and about in the community with his wife and children, on family days out, apart from the polo day last year?

I don't hear much about William with them on those outings, but I'm sure they are out and about as a family all the time. We just don't see it. It's one of the reasons why people look forward to seeing the Cambridge's at polo matches, because outside of that, we don't see them out as a family.

soapstar 05-31-2016 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1894188)
The Duchess of Cambridge took Prince George and Princess Charlotte to watch top horse riders in action over the weekend.

Kate and the family were spotted in the crowds cheering on the competitors at Houghton Hall International Horse Trials just round the corner from their country home at Anmer Hall.

VIDEO: Duchess of Cambridge enjoys Houghton horse trials action - Lynn News

Prince William was also there. He was spotted with them on Sunday.

Rudolph 05-31-2016 07:27 AM

^^^ It's difficult to avoid pics on social media but I saw a photo on Twitter of William holding George in his arms.

There were friends with them as well. There is a pic of James Meade sitting next to Kate and George and another of Kate, George and Laura Meade and someone said they saw The Duchess talking with the Marchioness of Cholmondeley

I think Harry Meade was competing in the horse trials

Countessmeout 05-31-2016 08:43 AM

:previous:Yes Harry Meade was competing. He and his horse placed 3rd in dressage according to his twitter Kate Takes George & Charlotte to Houghton Horse Trials

https://twitter.com/HRHKateBlog

Kate Takes George & Charlotte to Houghton Horse Trials

H

Dman 05-31-2016 08:48 AM

Not sure if these are private pics, because they attended a public event.

Marty91charmed 05-31-2016 08:51 AM

The man holding Prince George looks more like Peter Philips, but I'm pretty sure he is not him nor William. Maybe a family's friend. The legs "in pinks" walking besides Prince George belong to the daughter of Meade perhaps? i read she is not Charlotte...

Dman 05-31-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1894421)
The man holding Prince George looks more like Peter Philips, but I'm pretty sure he is not him nor William. Maybe a family's friend. The legs "in pinks" walking besides Prince George belong to the daughter of Meade perhaps? i read she is not Charlotte...

It's William. William and Peter fo look a like sometimes, but it's William.

hernameispekka 05-31-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1894421)
The man holding Prince George looks more like Peter Philips, but I'm pretty sure he is not him nor William. Maybe a family's friend. The legs "in pinks" walking besides Prince George belong to the daughter of Meade perhaps? i read she is not Charlotte...

Haha, it's clearly William. Although, he and Peter can be very similar at times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1894418)
Not sure if these are private pics, because they attended a public event.

One of the pictures were posted by one of the stores/stands that had a presence at the trials and 2 of them are from an animal photographer who was there to photograph the horses.

Countessmeout 05-31-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1894418)
Not sure if these are private pics, because they attended a public event.

They were in a public space at a public event.

I don't get why people have no problem posting pictures of other royals and their kids when snapped in public, but will only mention photos of the Cambridges :bang: If it is okay to post pics of Madeleine's kids in a restaurant or Danish kids at the park, it seems fair to do the same here.

Don't want to see, don't click on the link

Dman 05-31-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1894427)
They were in a public space at a public event.

I don't get why people have no problem posting pictures of other royals and their kids when snapped in public, but will only mention photos of the Cambridges :bang: If it is okay to post pics of Madeleine's kids in a restaurant or Danish kids at the park, it seems fair to do the same here.

Don't want to see, don't click on the link

Right, it's only private pictures that shouldn't be published and posted. This is all public. No different from the polo pics.

Duke of Marmalade 05-31-2016 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1894427)
They were in a public space at a public event.

I don't get why people have no problem posting pictures of other royals and their kids when snapped in public, but will only mention photos of the Cambridges :bang: If it is okay to post pics of Madeleine's kids in a restaurant or Danish kids at the park, it seems fair to do the same here.

Don't want to see, don't click on the link

Agree 100%!!

I am so tired of people walking on eggshells or taking out kid gloves when it comes to the Cambridges and their privacy, even in public places. Seriously??

Rudolph 05-31-2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1894427)
They were in a public space at a public event.

I don't get why people have no problem posting pictures of other royals and their kids when snapped in public, but will only mention photos of the Cambridges :bang: If it is okay to post pics of Madeleine's kids in a restaurant or Danish kids at the park, it seems fair to do the same here.

Don't want to see, don't click on the link

I think that's what people are doing. I haven't read any comments on here of people complaining. To each their own.

Pranter 05-31-2016 10:26 AM

William and Peter do resemble each other (from the back particularly) but that's certainly William.

George looks a lot like William still, no surprise. I can't imagine Charlotte was there due to her age and the event.


LaRae

miche 05-31-2016 10:33 AM

No one is complaining
The people who comments on the Cambridges thread don't all comments on the other thread.
And people did comments on how wrong it was that the papz took photos of Mads and her kids

Rudolph 05-31-2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 1894444)
William and Peter do resemble each other (from the back particularly) but that's certainly William.

George looks a lot like William still, no surprise. I can't imagine Charlotte was there due to her age and the event.


LaRae

Yup Charlotte was there. Kate is sitting with her in one of the pics. Cute as a button too

polyesco 05-31-2016 12:13 PM

William and George
https://67.media.tumblr.com/f02480dd...innio2_540.jpg
https://65.media.tumblr.com/71858afd5...bulo1_1280.jpg
Kate and Charlotte
https://65.media.tumblr.com/11bbea19...innio1_540.jpg

the family was in a "blue" theme that day lol

Kate and George
https://65.media.tumblr.com/009af6b7...innio5_540.jpg
https://66.media.tumblr.com/b9d2f4d0...innio4_540.jpg

soapstar 05-31-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1894421)
The man holding Prince George looks more like Peter Philips, but I'm pretty sure he is not him nor William. Maybe a family's friend. The legs "in pinks" walking besides Prince George belong to the daughter of Meade perhaps? i read she is not Charlotte...

It's William holding George.

Kate Middleton and Prince George share adorable mother and son moment - Mirror Online

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge don matching blue for a family day out | Daily Mail Online

Marty91charmed 05-31-2016 03:09 PM


Yds, thank you. On a zoomed photo it looked much better.

Denville 05-31-2016 06:00 PM

Charlotte is very sweet looking, reminds me of the queen's baby photos

Daria_S 05-31-2016 06:35 PM

George is a carbon copy of his father. If one looks at pictures of William when he was that age, the faces are pretty much identical.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Pranter 05-31-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1894468)
Yup Charlotte was there. Kate is sitting with her in one of the pics. Cute as a button too

That's kinda surprising...but yep that's her! I hadn't seen any pics till just now!


LaRae

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1894563)
George is a carbon copy of his father. If one looks at pictures of William when he was that age, the faces are pretty much identical.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app


Yes he's looks strongly like William...just a head shape more like Michael.

Charlotte...she still reminds me more of Carole, so far.


LaRae

HereditaryPrincess 05-31-2016 06:43 PM

In these photos, I think George looked more like William than usual, but in general, I think he still resembles Catherine more. I also think that George and Charlotte bear a strong resemblance to each other, Charlotte looking like Catherine also (this is all just my opinion).

The photos are sweet, little Charlotte is such an adorable baby and she also seems to be rather happy, too. George's hair has gotten really curly now, he's growing up fast.

AdmirerUS 05-31-2016 06:54 PM

Holy crud, those Cambridge kids are cute.
Another set of pictures of William talking to George. For sure, the DofCa is working hard to develop a relationship with his son that is based on communication.
Kate with Charlotte is just a lovely mom and child moment. Charlotte seems to be very mellow little girl. Precious.

Lady Nimue 06-01-2016 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1894468)
Yup Charlotte was there. Kate is sitting with her in one of the pics. Cute as a button too

Saw that. :flowers: Isn't she, though. She reminds me of Princess Lenore of Sweden in her looks.

Curryong 06-01-2016 12:35 AM

I think George resembles William, but with Middleton dark eyes, whereas little Charlotte to me appears to favour the Middleton side but with William's blue eyes!

Marty91charmed 06-01-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1894424)
It's William. William and Peter fo look a like sometimes, but it's William.

Yeah, on a zoomed photo I could see William. It was his facial expression that got me confused!


Quote:

Originally Posted by hernameispekka (Post 1894425)
Haha, it's clearly William. Although, he and Peter can be very similar at times.

I was mistaken because of the nose. It didn't look like William's nose at first.:lol:

TLLK 06-01-2016 11:34 AM

Also William has a taller and slimmer build than his cousin Peter IMO.

Curryong 06-01-2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 1894750)
Also William has a taller and slimmer build than his cousin Peter IMO.

Unless the two men were wearing caps I can't see the confusion between Will and Peter Phillips. Their features are reasonably similar but not that much alike, and William is really balding (unless the photo is photoshopped, and having seen William in real life both in England and Australia I can assure you that the sparsity of his hair is quite prominent) while Peter still has most of his hair.

Skippyboo 06-01-2016 11:55 PM

If the horse trial was at Gatcome maybe a Peter Phillips sighting is more feasible but since it was Norfolk not Gloucestershire( which is on the other side of the country), no Autumn, no Savannah and Isla, no Zara competing than its a good bet that the man holding George is William. 😉


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Tiggersk8 06-08-2016 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1892674)


Oh my goodness!! This is too adorable for words!!


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Rudolph 06-10-2016 12:05 PM

Quote:

The Duchess of Cambridge revealed today that her daughter's sweet face belied a rather 'feisty' nature.

And far from hoping that the one-year-old would keep lively Prince George, two, in check, it was likely to be the other way round.

Kate was speaking to guests at a reception at Guildhall in the City of London following the National Service of Thanksgiving for the Queen's 90th birthday at nearby St Paul's Cathedral.
Read more: The Duchess of Cambridge reveals Princess Charlotte has a feisty side | Daily Mail Online

TLLK 06-10-2016 12:27 PM

:previous:At this age/stage I'd expect that Charlotte would be "feisty."

Countessmeout 06-10-2016 12:44 PM

Well until now she has been a 'little lady' whatever that means in an infant. George has been described as lively and noisy by his parents, but Charlotte seemed to have table manners and know to curtsey by six months.:whistling:

amaryllus 06-10-2016 12:58 PM

Not every tot is a Royal prodigy like Estelle ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises