The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Jewels of the Belgian Nobility (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/jewels-of-the-belgian-nobility-40359.html)

Tilia C. 02-29-2016 05:25 PM

Jewels of the Belgian Nobility
 
Princess Alix of Ligne will get married this summer. So it seems a good idea to have a look at the jewels of the Belgian nobels.

Here is a blog post about a possible wedding tiara for Princess Alix. I would love to see better close-ups of the bandeau tiara the family has. It is difficult to make out it's design with the older pictures.
A Bridal Tiara for Princess Alix? | The Royal Forums

maria-olivia 02-29-2016 06:31 PM

She will wear the de Ligne tiara worn by AD yolande of Habsbourg and Princess Christine de Ligne.

Her grandmother the Dowager Princess , Princess of Luxembourg wore the same tiara as her sisters

Her mother did not wear the Bragancia tiara but flowers

Marengo 03-01-2016 04:06 AM

Quite odd that we have never seen a good picture of the Ligne tiara. There is also no photo of Princess Eleonora wearing it, while I would suspect she did so at f.e. the pre-wedding party of the HGD of Luxembourg. It will be great to get a better look of the tiara in June!

Of course, if the tiara that Princess Amélia wore is really property of the Ligne family, it may be an option too.

Considering the love f the princess for jewels (she designs them IIRC) I think we can thankfully be asured she won't follow her mother's example and will go without a tiara.

maria-olivia 03-01-2016 08:08 AM

I don't remember if the 2 daughters of AD Yolande wore their mother's de Ligne tiara for their wedding.?

Marengo 03-01-2016 08:24 AM

ADss Constanza wore a diamond tiara with a peacock pattern for her wedding:
https://i61.tinypic.com/28uo9zq.jpg

The tiara was also worn by her mother:
https://i61.tinypic.com/fwiq0g.jpg

It may be a Ligne tiara though, the family didn't get to keep many Habsburg jewels.

Tilia C. 03-03-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1867726)
I don't remember if the 2 daughters of AD Yolande wore their mother's de Ligne tiara for their wedding.?

I too think that she'll wear the de Ligne tiara, but there still is a small possibility that Princess Alix will choose another option. But right now bridal tiaras are very popular, so I don't think that she'll choose flowers like her mother did.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1867730)
ADss Constanza wore a diamond tiara with a peacock pattern for her wedding:
https://i61.tinypic.com/28uo9zq.jpg

The tiara was also worn by her mother:
https://i61.tinypic.com/fwiq0g.jpg

It may be a Ligne tiara though, the family didn't get to keep many Habsburg jewels.

The peacock tiara was also worn by Princess Yolande's daughter-in-law Baroness Marie Helene de Vogelsanck, her daughter Princess Alexandra and her grand-daughter-in-law Estelle de Saint-Romain.

Karl and Zita lost nearly all their jewels when they went into exile, and it really seem unlikely that there was a Habsburg tiara for their 3rd son. So I think that it is a de Ligne heirloom or it might have been bought for Princess Yolande.

Marc23 06-18-2016 02:31 PM

Here is Princess Alix de Ligne wearing a tiara:

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...80532769_o.jpg

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...56718565_o.jpg

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...16823601_o.jpg

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7e&oe=57C10AC8

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c2&oe=57D93FC3

IloveCP 03-11-2017 01:10 AM

The Ligne Aquamarine Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I love the stones but not the design.

eya 03-11-2017 02:39 AM

I don't like this tiara! The design don't help the stones. But the earrings she wore Isabella is very beautiful!

An Ard Ri 03-11-2017 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1966595)
The Ligne Aquamarine Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I love the stones but not the design.

Its a new tiara which is always good but I too do not like the design of this particular one.

maria-olivia 03-11-2017 09:26 AM

An Art Ri, The new Princess de Ligne Tremoile in an italian Actress. She bought a brand new tiara to the Brussels jeweler Holemans (my jeweler in the past). I don't like this nouveau rich tiara. The family owns family tiaras but some are sold. The main Branch , I much prefer, has little tiaras.

The brides wearing stones and diamonds are ofter pregnant , as here, The Duchess of Vendome and Princess Clothilde of Savoie

Mbruno 03-11-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1966688)
An Art Ri, The new Princess de Ligne Tremoile in an italian Actress. She bought a brand new tiara to the Brussels jeweler Holemans (my jeweler in the past). I don't like this nouveau rich tiara. The family owns family tiaras but some are sold. The main Branch , I much prefer, has little tiaras.

The brides wearing stones and diamonds are ofter pregnant , as here, The Duchess of Vendome and Princess Clothilde of Savoie


Princess Sofia of Sweden wore a diamond and emerald tiara on her wedding and she wasn't pregnant AFAIK. I don't know where that comes from.

Countessmeout 03-11-2017 12:27 PM

:previous: neither do I. Almost all royal brides wear a tiara, even defunct thrones. Aristocratic brides as well, whose families have one. And most are not pregnant.

As for the aquamarine tiara, beautiful stones but that's all I can say. The tiara looks like the tiaras that commoners buy, costume jewelry, to add bling to their wedding. The craftsmanship looks cheap to me. Shame with such beautiful stones.

duke of poliganc 03-11-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1966722)
:previous: neither do I. Almost all royal brides wear a tiara, even defunct thrones. Aristocratic brides as well, whose families have one. And most are not pregnant.

As for the aquamarine tiara, beautiful stones but that's all I can say. The tiara looks like the tiaras that commoners buy, costume jewelry, to add bling to their wedding. The craftsmanship looks cheap to me. Shame with such beautiful stones.

maria was talking about tiara's with colored stones , The Duchess of Vendome tiara had turquoise in it and Princess Clothilde wore the pink tourmaline tiara .

as for the aquamarine tiara i always thought it would look much better if the bottom part was the top part of it , i don't like the plain metal on the top but all in all i can't complain . when i compare it to other new tiaras like queen letizia's new ansorena tiara and hereditary grand duchess stephanie's new butterfly diamond tiara this aquamarine tiara gets an A+ from me .

Tilia C. 03-11-2017 02:10 PM

I don't see a connection between coloured stones in the tiara and pregnancies. Brides have to wear those tiaras which they have access to, and if there is no 'white' tiara in the family... I think that coloured stones in a new tiara a a question of funds: aquamarines are less expensive than diamonds.

The de Lingne de la Tremoille branch of the family used to have a beautiful diamond fleur-de-Lys tiara. But it hasn't been seen for a long time, so I assume that it has been sold a long time ago. The bride had to get a new tiara, or not wear a tiara at all. In that case I think that it was a nice idea to order a new tiara.

Daenerys Targaryen 03-11-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1966701)
Princess Sofia of Sweden wore a diamond and emerald tiara on her wedding and she wasn't pregnant AFAIK. I don't know where that comes from.

Her son was born pretty much 9 months to the day from the wedding, so she might likely have been.

Duc_et_Pair 03-11-2017 03:52 PM

The aquamarines in the new diadem of the Princesse De Ligne de La Trémoïlle are beautiful. The design of the diadem could be better, to my personal taste, but it suited the Princess very well.

Duc_et_Pair 03-11-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daenerys Targaryen (Post 1966750)
Her son was born pretty much 9 months to the day from the wedding, so she might likely have been.

Is that not the normal full period of a pregnancy? Nine months after wedding date? As a pregnancy takes some weeks to be confirmed (missing a period) it is most likely to me that Princess Sofia had no idea. Anyway, there is no relationship between coloured gemstones and pregnancies. ;-)

Stefan 03-11-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daenerys Targaryen (Post 1966750)
Her son was born pretty much 9 months to the day from the wedding, so she might likely have been.

The Wedding was in June 2014 and he was born in April 2016 so that are 10 months

Countessmeout 03-11-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daenerys Targaryen (Post 1966750)
Her son was born pretty much 9 months to the day from the wedding, so she might likely have been.

No. They got married mid June. If they got pregnant in their wedding day, Alexander would have been due first week of March. Based on his birthday, he would have been conceived mid to late July. If anyone other than Madeleine was pregnant at the wedding of Sofia it was Victoria.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises