The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f69/)
-   -   Grand Duke Jean's 95th Birthday Celebrations: January 9, 2016 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f69/grand-duke-jeans-95th-birthday-celebrations-january-9-2016-a-40039.html)

QUEENECE29 01-10-2016 07:38 AM

GRAND DUKE JEAN 95TH BIRTHDAY | Selda Göktaş

suztav 01-10-2016 09:04 AM

Happy birthday to Grand Duke Jean! Rather surprised that there wasn't any representation from Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.

On another note ... I just do not understand Stephanie's lack of style (or interest in). She has designers at her disposal -- as proven by her wardrobe during her wedding festivities. She has a great deal of potential -- unfortunately, she usually looks like she just went into her closet and selected whatever was at arm's length.

She seems to be a lovely girl but she seriously needs to upgrade her fashion sense. JMHO.

Duke of Marmalade 01-10-2016 10:13 AM

To be honest, I think the whole family deserves an award for 'worst dressed'.

Princess Robijn 01-10-2016 01:23 PM

A great event to celebrate the 95th birthday of Grand Duke Jean. Good to see his family like this. :flowers:

Duc_et_Pair 01-10-2016 01:23 PM

At the background in this picture you can see two footmen in livery: darkblue coat with orange accents and a nassaublue pair of trousers. This was the livery under the Orange-Nassau Grand-Dukes and I love it that the Nassau Grand-Dukes still continue it. Here on this archive picture you have a better view on the traditional uniform of a footman at the Grand-Ducal Court.

Duc_et_Pair 01-10-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suztav (Post 1854680)
[...]

She seems to be a lovely girl but she seriously needs to upgrade her fashion sense. JMHO.

Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy comes from a traditional and conservative countryside background and married into a family with a traditional and conservative countryside background. No Rania-like fashionistas wobbling on Louboutins in the Grand-Duchy.

Stéphanie in beige gown

Stéphanie in mourning

Stéphanie in greyish green

Stéphanie in lightblue lace

Stéphanie in rose

Stéphanie in cobaltblue lace

Stéphanie in beige gala

Stéphanie in antracite gala

Stéphanie in grey

There is not much wrong with her outfits. It is only very Tüchtig, as might be expected from Luxembourg...

:flowers:

salma 01-10-2016 02:40 PM

Las Casas Reales arropan a Juan de Luxemburgo en su 95º cumpleaños

Duke of Marmalade 01-10-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1854771)
Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy comes from a traditional and conservative countryside background and married into a family with a traditional and conservative countryside background. No Rania-like fashionistas wobbling on Louboutins in the Grand-Duchy.

Stéphanie in beige gown

Stéphanie in mourning

Stéphanie in rose

Stéphanie in beige gala

Stéphanie in grey

There is not much wrong with her outfits. It is only very Tüchtig, as might be expected from Luxembourg...

Nobody is asking for a fashionista - an outfit that is not plain ugly or ill fitting would already be sufficient.
The waist area reminds me of pyjama pants. The top is ok.
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/74b3...9cfb6748315879

TLLK 01-10-2016 05:24 PM

I love these group photos for royal events. The challenge of having a large group all smile at the camera at the same time. I see at least three heads turned away and Queen Anne Marie appears to be in the middle of a conversation. :tongue:

Congratulation to Grand Duke Jean on this milestone birthday.

Marijke 01-11-2016 08:00 AM

Monarchie:

Célébration du 95è anniversaire de Son Altesse Royale le Grand-Duc Jean - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Janvier 2016

Célébration du 95è anniversaire de Son Altesse Royale le Grand-Duc Jean - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Janvier 2016

WORT:

Video:

https://www.wort.lu/de/lokales/geburt...a165c55dc51003

sjetajiem 01-11-2016 09:19 AM

May be that the dress of Countess Marie Christine de Limburg-Stirum looks a bit odd, but I would not be surprised if she was expecting her third child.

All the older grandchildren paid a tribute to their grandfather after the concert

Princess Robijn 01-11-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjetajiem (Post 1854969)
May be that the dress of Countess Marie Christine de Limburg-Stirum looks a bit odd, but I would not be surprised if she was expecting her third child.

All the older grandchildren paid a tribute to their grandfather after the concert

Could be.
https://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho..._800_thumb.jpg

carlota 01-11-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1854771)

Stéphanie in beige gown

Stéphanie in mourning

Stéphanie in rose

Stéphanie in beige gala

Stéphanie in grey

i admire stephanie for her classic wardrobe choices which denote her upbringing, and i'm glad about there not being wobbly louboutins out there :) we have enough of those royals out there if we want to check that style out! well done to stephanie for staying true to herself. i think it has to be applauded.

having said that, i think she could do with having clothes fitted to suit her body.

TLLK 01-11-2016 12:56 PM

Happy birthday to Grand Duke Jean! Rather surprised that there wasn't any representation from Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.

This seems to be more of a family and close friends event. However I wouldn't be surprised if GD Jean received many birthday wishes from the other reigning monarchs.:smile:

EMB 01-11-2016 02:06 PM

Photos Paris Match

CyrilVladisla 01-17-2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMB (Post 1854598)

The photo of Grand Duke Jean and the boys Gabriel and Noah is touching. A happy great-grandfather is a pleasant gentleman.

Cris M 01-17-2016 10:13 PM

Were Grand Duke Jean's surviving sisters, the Dowager Countess of Holstein-Ledreborg and the Dowager Princess of Ligne present?

Countessmeout 01-17-2016 10:56 PM

It doesn't seem so, which considering they are 90 and 86, may not have been the easiest trip for them. But children of theirs are in attendance. Marie Gabrielle's daughter Countess Antonia Charlotte Jeanette Marie Holstein til Ledreborg who it seems is a nun or a member of a holy order from what I read, and the Dowager Princess de line's daughter Anna and her 2nd husband were both in attendance. Both nieces are goddaughters of Jean.

Cris M 01-17-2016 11:07 PM

Thank you. Yes, they probably didn't attended because of difficulties related to their ages.

I think the Dowager Princess of Ligne's last public appearence was at the wedding of HGD Guillaume, in 2012. She did not attended her granddaughter Princess Amélia of Orleans-Braganza's wedding in Brazil, in 2014.

I once heard she now needs a wheelchair to move. Such a pity. I met her in 2004, here in Brazil. She was very nice and down to earth.