The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/prince-harry-relationship-suggestions-and-musings-2016-2017-a-40010.html)

jesam 11-09-2016 01:32 AM

Why no backlash on harry himself
 
Comment from another forum and i so agree with this. Why is the media not saying anything about this. Why is the media not saying anything about the cost of protection officers who are needed as he is traveling the world when william gets grief over every little thing:ermm::ermm:

I have often wondered how much of what Harry says is just parroting what his advisors tell him to say as opposed to what he really believes. I re-visited his New Zealand interview where he spoke about getting a job after leaving the army and I am struck again by how appropriate his remarks were - I was very impressed at the time. He say " I hope the British people will trust me to make the right decision". Well they trusted him and he made the wrong decision. He goes on to say how important it is to have a job - that earning a wage keeps him in touch with average British people, keeps you sane and keeps you ticking along. He says "if you want to make a big or valid contribution, if you want to be taken seriously than you must work alongside other people". He repeats that people should trust him and he'll make them proud. And he was right in those remarks - dead right. But then he went on to refuse the jobs his family offered him and spending over a year being an unemployed playboy.

sthreats 11-09-2016 02:11 AM

The much of the criticism of Megan is very racist. I don't think that many people in the United States or the UK expected Prince Harry's next girlfriend to be a black woman. I applaud him for standing up for her. I don't think this will lead to a marriage but hopefully they will always be close friends

Rudolph 11-09-2016 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesam (Post 1937994)
Comment from another forum and i so agree with this. Why is the media not saying anything about this. Why is the media not saying anything about the cost of protection officers who are needed as he is traveling the world when william gets grief over every little thing:ermm::ermm:

I have often wondered how much of what Harry says is just parroting what his advisors tell him to say as opposed to what he really believes. I re-visited his New Zealand interview where he spoke about getting a job after leaving the army and I am struck again by how appropriate his remarks were - I was very impressed at the time. He say " I hope the British people will trust me to make the right decision". Well they trusted him and he made the wrong decision. He goes on to say how important it is to have a job - that earning a wage keeps him in touch with average British people, keeps you sane and keeps you ticking along. He says "if you want to make a big or valid contribution, if you want to be taken seriously than you must work alongside other people". He repeats that people should trust him and he'll make them proud. And he was right in those remarks - dead right. But then he went on to refuse the jobs his family offered him and spending over a year being an unemployed playboy.

Richard Palmer called him an 'unemployed' 32 year old on Twitter today. So there are some cracks in the armour. Normally Harry is the golden boy.

Curryong 11-09-2016 03:07 AM

Harry has always received a ton of criticism, some of it justified, some not. He certainly hasn't escaped unscathed though the years since his teens, even in circumstances where he didn't deserve it. However, I am glad he stood up for his girlfriend in the face of some very nasty and racist comments.

Jacknch 11-09-2016 03:29 AM

I think much of the reaction we have seen in the media and elsewhere is because it is a sudden change in Harry's status. He has had his girlfriends over the years, there has always been speculation about them and him, but now - out of the blue - we have something more official.

The wording in the statement is strong and clearly shows a certain amount of anger. It is also rather differently worded than one might expect from an official communication from the Palace.

What intrigues me is the fact that the relationship has, by all accounts, only being going on for a few months and it seems unusual for a statement like this to be issued in regard to "just" a girlfriend. It points to how much Harry must feel about Meghan and how much confidence he has in her as someone long term in his life.

I hope the dust settles quickly for both their sakes.

It's far too early to think about whether or not they will get married, but I personally see no issues whatsoever concerning her suitability to becoming his wife.

Tiggersk8 11-09-2016 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hel (Post 1937869)
I think one factor that's maybe not obvious in the question of press intrusion on Meghan in particular is that she's been living in Toronto and got famous while doing so.



I see a lot of "well, she's a celebrity, what does she expect, she has to be used to it, etc"



It's maybe not obvious to anyone who's not familiar with the Toronto scene, but it's.. incredibly low key about celebrities. I've been in bars/restaurants when people walk in who're recognized by every single person in the place. The reaction is, pretty much always, that everyone else tries to out-chill each other in pretending not to recognize the star in question. And it's not just TV -- a friend of mine had the same experience when Mike Myers walked in at the height of Austen Powers box office.



The media is also, from what I can tell, pretty respectful and chill too. (In fact, I've been watching the Toronto Star coverage and it's been a fraction of the UK/US.)



Meghan actually described exactly what it's like for her to live there, more than a year ago: Meghan Markle on her 'normal life' in Toronto before Prince Harry relationship



So that's "what she's used to". I'm certain that this level of attention is a whole new ball game.


Thanks for this & that's exactly how things are in Toronto. I forget the movie he was shooting at the time, but Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman were in Toronto w/their 2 kids for about 2 or 3 months back during the height of being the "Most Famous & Powerful Couple in Hollywood". I remember Tom being interviewed briefly during a Leafs game on Hockey Night in Canada & he said that was the best part of the entire time in Toronto. Yes, people would perk up on seeing him, Nicole or the both of them out w/the kids, but after that...No big deal. The 1 thing that stuck in my mind was Tom saying it was so lovely to be able to take the kids to the park, still be recognized by someone, but after that happening being left alone. He also said that would never happen back home & they'd be pestered constantly.

It's very different up here/Toronto &, for the most part, there's still that realization & respect that if they're not working/out living their lives, then they are left alone to live that life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 1937893)
Today's announcement has me rooting hard for Harry and Meghan because if he didn't care about her well being very much, that statement wouldn't have happened. He also wouldn't have officially confirmed her as his girlfriend (and subjected her to all that goes along with that) if it weren't serious.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this relationship progress on an accelerated time line. And good for them- I hope for their happiness


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app


I think the reason for the Statement was for 1 reason & 1 reason only, & I HATE saying this too, that Megan is the Daughter of an African American Parent. I also hate saying this, but considering the current climate in the US regarding Race Relations, this puts an entirely different set of problems for Megan, Harry & her Family to face & deal w/. The Attempted Garage Break In has been called an attempt by Paparazzi to break in, which I'm not doubting knowing them, but it could just as easily been someone from a certain group of letters breaking in to do more than steal a story.

Remember too when Will & Kate were dating, for the most part, Social Media really hadn't taken off yet. It was only the last 2 yrs leading into their Engagement, IIRC that is, that Twitter & Facebook really started to change how things in the news & events were covered.

You thought what the Middletons went through, & still do, for being self made Millionaires was bad? Well tighten your seat belts because I have a feeling what's about to happen regarding Megan's Family, will make what the Middletons went through, look like a ride on a Merry Go Round in comparison sadly.

I wish Harry & Megan all the luck in the World & I sincerely hope they are able to get that needed time to see if it really will work or not.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Duke of Marmalade 11-09-2016 06:02 AM

Lots of critizism on the statment and I agree that Harry is on a high horse for the unemployed 32 year old that he is.

MAC ON... Prince Harry and Meghan Markle* | Daily Mail Online
Prince Harry's an admirable chap but Meghan Markle is publicity hungry says SARAH VINE | Daily Mail Online

biboquinhas 11-09-2016 06:33 AM

I really hope they will not marry soon, they ahve meet in May...so marry now? just a few months later after they meet?no...please no...they sould have a relantion first, they should know if they can get along with all of Harry's royal life and engagements and also will Meghan lose her life in the US?Will Meghan say no to her actress carrer???:ohmy:

rominet09 11-09-2016 06:37 AM

Something I don't understand is this : why are people talking ofracism ?

Cocoasneeze 11-09-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1938028)
Lots of critizism on the statment and I agree that Harry is on a high horse for the unemployed 32 year old that he is.

MAC ON... Prince Harry and Meghan Markle* | Daily Mail Online
Prince Harry's an admirable chap but Meghan Markle is publicity hungry says SARAH VINE | Daily Mail Online

Then why not call him out on it, being an unemployed 32 old? Meghan is a very much working person, she's highly educated, and does a lot of humanitarian work. All this criticism is on her, not him.

That cartoon comes across misogynist and just simply not true. Her posting two bananas cuddling on her IG doesn't make her an attention seeker. The media got a bit backlash with Harry's statement, now they're going after Meghan from every direction they can to excuse the vile way they've already gone after her.

*I'm a new poster here, I just had to jump right into the convo after I saw that cartoon.

hel 11-09-2016 08:07 AM

Wow.. that cartoon is something else.

The DM is pulling a complete Alfred E. Neuman with their "What, me sexist?" while simultaneously publishing that charming bit of character assassination.

Angel.10 11-09-2016 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1937986)
I wish them well but I don't see a woman like Meghan trapped in such an ancient institution for the next 40 years. It might be fun in the beginning, but, and Grace Kelly would probably agree, it won't last.

Katie Hopkins puts it to the point:
KATIE HOPKINS: Calm down Harry, everyone's delighted for you and Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online


Grace Kelly were other times. Meghan is a leonine, that means a strong, confident, determined woman who loves challenges. I think it might very right.

Angel.10 11-09-2016 08:31 AM

And who can predict what will happen in the next 40 years? Maybe neither Will and Kate will be together in 40 years

Dman 11-09-2016 09:01 AM

The backlash over Harry standing up for the privacy and safety for his girlfriend is beyond dumb. Also, of course the British press will get upset over Harry bringing up race. They want to include all the racial undertones in their articles and reporting all they want and don't want anyone to have a problem with it.

Duke of Marmalade 11-09-2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hel (Post 1937880)
As for her social media presence, it's pretty clearly curated to give a very specific view into her private life. Which means it's not really her private life, it's the portion of her private life she's willing to show.

I doubt the press will make any difference about portions of private life that Meghan wants or doesnt want to show.

To Dman - what is dumb about a backlash on Harry? For me it was a turning point when he left the military and became an expensive tourist/playboy.

Regarding Meghan, I have no problem with her as Harry's girlfriend at all and the racist abuse against her is horrible, what doesn't work for her or any other celebrity is that you can't chose when you are private or when you're not. Same applies to Harry and his letter won't change any of that.

Dman 11-09-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1938070)
I doubt the press will make any difference about portions of private life that Meghan wants or doesnt want to show.

To Dman - what is dumb about a backlash on Harry? For me it was a turning point when he left the military and became an expensive tourist/playboy.

Regarding Meghan, I have no problem with her as Harry's girlfriend at all and the racist abuse against her is horrible, what doesn't work for her or any other celebrity is that you can't chose when you are private or when you're not. Same applies to Harry and his letter won't change any of that.

Expensive tourist and playboy?

Are you calling his official duties in representing The Queen in the U.K. and abroad just an expensive tour?

Are you saying that a boyfriend worried about his girlfriends safety is wrong?

Stefanie 11-09-2016 10:10 AM

This stupid Boy! Why can't he just marry a nice girl like Princess Theodora?
"Tell me what kind of Girl you date and I tell you what kind of guy you are....."

Cocoasneeze 11-09-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1938070)
I doubt the press will make any difference about portions of private life that Meghan wants or doesnt want to show.

To Dman - what is dumb about a backlash on Harry? For me it was a turning point when he left the military and became an expensive tourist/playboy.

Regarding Meghan, I have no problem with her as Harry's girlfriend at all and the racist abuse against her is horrible, what doesn't work for her or any other celebrity is that you can't chose when you are private or when you're not. Same applies to Harry and his letter won't change any of that.

Celebrities absolutely have the right to chose when to be private snd when not. They can draw the line at any time. It's THEIR life. Meghan can be an actress and not be ok with paparazzi chasing her whenever and wherever, harassing her family members etc. She has not once publicly spoken about her relationships, she hasn't in any way invited this into her life. Neither has Harry. This us the first time he has publicly stated that he has a girlfriend.

I personally praise Harry for his statement, what a public stance to take against bullying.

Duke of Marmalade 11-09-2016 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1938071)
Expensive tourist and playboy?

Are you calling his official duties in representing The Queen in the U.K. and abroad just an expensive tour?

I should have said 'became for the most part an expensive tourist'.

Quote:

Are you saying that a boyfriend worried about his girlfriends safety is wrong?
No, I never said that.

Fürstin Taxis 11-09-2016 12:25 PM

The more I think about the letter, the more I think this was a mistake. The British press isn't amused and will pay it back to him. It already started.
Their relationship should not have been exposed after just some month.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises