The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/prince-harry-relationship-suggestions-and-musings-2016-2017-a-40010.html)

JessRulz 01-04-2016 05:51 AM

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

Prince Harry
Relationship Suggestions and Musings

Curryong 01-18-2016 02:00 AM

According to the Australian New Idea Harry and 19 year old Princess Maria-Olympia are in love!

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-i...love-new-idea/

Countessmeout 01-18-2016 02:16 AM

Wow they really try and reach don't they.

For one he wouldn't need to be 'introduced'. The Greek and British royals associate all the time. Charles is Maria Olympia's godfather, and William is godfather to one of her brothers.

I also highly doubt 27 year old Bea commonly associates with the 19 year old. Bea is more likely to associate with Philippos then his niece.

I remember living in the UK and they had this pick a wife for Will program. Each week they had a different category. One week was socialites, one former girlfriends and one was royals. I remember Theodora being included in the list. I think I missed a week. Now we have moved on to Harry and Theodora's niece.

eya 01-18-2016 02:23 AM

As and should not have a problem Harry be in love with a Greek Princess is completely laughable.:lol: I wonder who think about.

Osipi 01-18-2016 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 1856668)
As and should not have a problem Harry be in love with a Greek Princess is completely laughable.:lol: I wonder who think about.

I do think that the love bug when it bites is a totally unaware little bug. It knows no race, color, creed, status or or monetary wealth. It only knows love and when it bites, it bites hard.

This is making me rethink my aversion to insects. Weird. :lol:

Curryong 01-18-2016 03:13 AM

Well, Philip was after all a Greek prince! Nevertheless, I can't see this romance as having any legs. The age gap is huge for a start and Harry's never shown interest in girls so much younger than he is. I think Maria-Olympia is in college in New York actually, so I suppose she might occasionally hang out a bit with Eugenie in a cousinly sort of way!

However, I'm at a loss as to where this rumour came from. Did the editors of this Australian magazine see a photo of M.O. and think young, pretty, blonde, related, this could be a story?

Jacknch 01-18-2016 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1856677)
However, I'm at a loss as to where this rumour came from. Did the editors of this Australian magazine see a photo of M.O. and think young, pretty, blonde, related, this could be a story?

I can only guess that they have managed to work out who the eligible princesses in the world are and who could be a likely candidate for marrying them and came up with the "obvious" choice of Harry.
It won't end there, I am sure they have a list to work on and will print the same same story again with just a name change in the text.

JessRulz 01-18-2016 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1856662)
According to the Australian New Idea Harry and 19 year old Princess Marie-Olympia are in love!

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-i...love-new-idea/

Ah, No Idea strikes again. Last week Mary was Denmark's new Queen, now Maria-Olympia is set to marry Harry.

Best I give them a call, a UFO just landed in my backyard, I'm sure they'll want the exclusive :cool:

Osipi 01-18-2016 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1856688)
Ah, No Idea strikes again. Last week Mary was Denmark's new Queen, now Maria-Olympia is set to marry Harry.

Best I give them a call, a UFO just landed in my backyard, I'm sure they'll want the exclusive :cool:

By chance, did the UFO have Elvis on board? There's a pork chop wanting identification that the dental records match. :rofl:

But seriously folks. We know these papers and media reports are out for the money. The sad part is that folks buy into it both monetarily and in their minds. Sad, very sad.

Duke of Marmalade 01-18-2016 06:11 AM

Has Prince Harry found love with a Greek princess? Australian magazine claims royal is 'smitten' with Tatler's 'most eligible girl in the world'* | Daily Mail Online

Blog Real 01-18-2016 06:48 AM

I do not believe. It is unlikely a romance between Harry and Maria-Olympia.

An Ard Ri 01-18-2016 06:58 AM

Have they even met each other,I wait with baited breath to see if they go skiing in Switzerland before Easter!

Lumutqueen 01-18-2016 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1856716)
Have they even met each other,I wait with baited breath to see if they go skiing in Switzerland before Easter!

They'll have met each other at some point I believe.

Curryong 01-18-2016 08:00 AM

I think they almost certainly know each other. Isn't Maria-Olympia Prince Charles's godchild, or is that her father, Crown Prince Pavlos? Charles has always maintained a very close relationship with the Greek royals, especially Constantine. Also M.O. has been photographed at various events with Harry's cousins, Beatrice and Eugenie.

I don't believe this report, but if true I think Constantine would perform cartwheels he would be so happy!

Mirabel 01-18-2016 08:22 AM

I doubt this story as well.

The thing is, there doesn't seem much news on the Harry dating front; the press needs to come up with something, so...Maria-Olympia. He's probably encountered her out and about recently, and the press doesn't need more than that to spin a story.

Cristina.669 01-18-2016 08:51 AM

She is beautiful but too young for him.
I don't believe this story

amaryllus 01-18-2016 09:12 AM

He could do a lot worse but if he was going to dig a Greek Princess it would be Theodora.

wyevale 01-18-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

if true I think Constantine would perform cartwheels he would be so happy!
I think Crown-Princess Pavlos would be the most delighted .. Such a marriage would be the crowning achievement of the Miller dynasty's vaulting social ambition.

Al_bina 01-18-2016 10:27 AM

:previous:
Unlike the Middletons, Crown Prince and Princess Pavlos are a less embarrassing choice of in-laws. At the same time, the rumour in question is unfounded.

amaryllus 01-18-2016 10:43 AM

Yes but At some point he almost certainly will marry someone and a young lady like her would be lovely.

wyevale 01-18-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Unlike the Middletons
Mr and Mrs Middleton's conduct as in-laws has been irreproachable.

Osipi 01-18-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaryllus (Post 1856762)
Yes but At some point he almost certainly will marry someone and a young lady like her would be lovely.

Why so? Because of her pedigree? What about her would appeal to Harry?

Just curious.

Countessmeout 01-18-2016 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1856730)
I think they almost certainly know each other. Isn't Maria-Olympia Prince Charles's godchild, or is that her father, Crown Prince Pavlos? Charles has always maintained a very close relationship with the Greek royals, especially Constantine. Also M.O. has been photographed at various events with Harry's cousins, Beatrice and Eugenie.

I don't believe this report, but if true I think Constantine would perform cartwheels he would be so happy!

Yes as I mentioned, she is the goddaughter of Charles and it is said he has taken her to see Shrek the musical,so its not like he was godfather hasn't seen her since. William is godfather to her oldest brother, so the Wales and Pavlos' family are obviously close.

MO is currently enrolled at NYU studying fashion design and photography so even if the age gap was not huge I doubt Harry is dating someone so long distance.

She has definitely been pictured with Eugenie and Bea at fashion events

Master Of Couture - Dinner | Getty Images

Okay really old but cute pic from her baptism with her godfather
https://brigittegastelancestry.com/gi...eece1996-6.jpg

Tilia C. 01-18-2016 11:36 AM

:previous: It's true that MO studies in NYC, but the DM article states that she sudies in London. So they don't even get those facts straigth which are easy to check. I find it hard to believe the rest. Just wishfull thinking and an excuse to publish something about Harry.

Pranter 01-18-2016 11:37 AM

Why would the Middletons be considered an embarassing set of in laws?

LaRae

amaryllus 01-18-2016 11:42 AM

Just curious.

She is already intimately connected to his family and will have known him fairly well since they were children. She understands the constraints of Royal life and what the Windsors would be like.

She has so far never given the tabloids anything to use and bring up later.

And she is his type... Blonde, young and upper crust.

Skippyboo 01-18-2016 11:57 AM

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

He is 31. She is 19. They were never really children together. Harry was 12 when she was born. If they was any interaction between them, it was probably limited with Harry being at boarding school and her being a small child.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

cherryyy 01-18-2016 12:05 PM

from what I saw this girl on social networks, it is more a socialite who likes to appears and flaunt their wealth, in addition to the age difference, I don't think Harry would be interested in a girl with this profile.

Cristina.669 01-18-2016 12:17 PM

Harry needs a mature lady, such a young girl,
I think it would be a catastrophe

Blog Real 01-18-2016 12:24 PM

I think Maria Olympia is not the kind of girl that matters to Harry. I think we're just friends.

Ceallach 01-18-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaryllus (Post 1856789)
She has so far never given the tabloids anything to use and bring up later.

She has been in the tabloids for hanging out with Kyra Kennedy in Aspen and how Kyra Kennedy's dad making her remove certain photos and a reference to cocaine from that Aspen trip from her instagram. Olympia is not in those pictures from their trip but the Daily Fail ran the stories together so not good publicity.

Princess Olympia of Greece takes to the slopes in Aspen with high-society friends | Daily Mail Online

Osipi 01-18-2016 01:11 PM

Hmmmm. She's 19 and he's 31. This somehow sounds familiar but I just cant put my finger on it. :whistling:

I think Harry actually missed out not courting and wooing and falling in love with Holly Branson. It was perhaps his only chance to have a real Virgin bride.

HRHHermione 01-18-2016 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1856758)
:previous:
Unlike the Middletons, Crown Prince and Princess Pavlos are a less embarrassing choice of in-laws. At the same time, the rumour in question is unfounded.

The Middletons have always behaved with poise, dignity and discretion and their daughter has been an incredible addition to the family.

Snobbery is unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

soapstar 01-18-2016 01:56 PM

If you wish to discuss the Middleton family, please take it to their thread. Let's keep the topic on Prince Harry. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Iluvbertie 01-18-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1856716)

Given the fact that Charles is her godfather there is a fairly good chance that they have met.

Her grandfather is also William's godfather and he is godfather to another member of the Greek royal family.

These two families see a lot of each other in private.

Empress Merel 01-18-2016 03:49 PM

A 19 and a 31 year old have no business being in a relationship together.

Besides the fact that she is too young, she also seems far more interested in the perks of her pedigree and wealth. Meaning, she wants the life and fame of young women like the Jenner sisters, Hadid sisters and the Baldwin cousins.

Which is fine, but I doubt Harry is interested in a girl like this, not even a woman yet.

wyevale 01-18-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Wow ! A remarkably absolutist statement. Surely it is entirely up to the individuals concerned.. BOTH are adults, and if they are 'consenting', I can see no problem !

Pranter 01-18-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 1856869)

Besides the fact that she is too young, she also seems far more interested in the perks of her pedigree and wealth. Meaning, she wants the life and fame of young women like the Jenner sisters, Hadid sisters and the Baldwin cousins.

Which is fine, but I doubt Harry is interested in a girl like this, not even a woman yet.

I'm sure Harry's aware that didn't help things with his parents...I wouldn't think he'd have much interest in going down that road.

LaRae

Queen Camilla 01-18-2016 04:35 PM

Has anyone bothered to think that she would not be interested in Harry?

Why trash her?

What makes people think that Harry is such a good catch?

He is 31, unemployed, is supported by his dad, lives in a house paid for by his grandmother and still is undecided about his career.

She is 19 and still in college yet she is one being trashed as being directionless.:bang:

Empress Merel 01-18-2016 04:39 PM

^
Where is she slammed though? There is no shame in wanting the perks of your pedigree and wealth, and not the downsides. Chelsy and Cressida didn't seem to want that in the end either. It's a choice.

And yes wyevale, she is an adult by law and you can disagree all you want, it's fine, but a man going after a girl that is barely out of her teens is predatory to me.

HRHHermione 01-18-2016 04:46 PM

She's far too young for him, there's been no confirmation at all, and this seems the usual tabloid rubbish.

I feel bad for Harry- he's going to find it a real challenge, dating anyone seriously with this kind of media pressure and interest.

An Ard Ri 01-18-2016 04:53 PM

Princess Maria-Olympia: 7 things you need to know about Prince Harry's rumoured new romance

Princess Maria-Olympia: 7 things you need to know about Prince Harry's rumoured new romance - Independent.ie

Ceallach 01-18-2016 05:03 PM

Royal sources haven spoken out to deny this romance.

Prince Harry is NOT dating Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark? | Daily Mail Online

Cristina.669 01-18-2016 05:06 PM

I think that Harry is not even with her, PK should deny, because the news is already taking a worldwide dimension. I don't understand why some rumors they deny and others don't.

hernameispekka 01-18-2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cristina.669 (Post 1856899)
I think that Harry is not even with her, PK should deny, because the news is already taking a worldwide dimension. I don't understand why some rumors they deny and others don't.

Do they ever deny though? I mean.. the only instance I know of is William and Jecca Craig, and that was possibly for the sake of Kate. Because if they deny one they have to deny them all or people will say "they're not denying it, it must be true!"

AdmirerUS 01-18-2016 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceallach (Post 1856898)

Source is one only: "by a senior royal source." Which could mean anything. Someone who is a royal, knows the royals, reports on the royals, knew a royal once, reads about the royals ...:whistling:

I think the rumor is rubbish, but there is no reason to believe the denial is not rubbish as well. :lol:

michelle0187 01-18-2016 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1856914)
Source is one only: "by a senior royal source." Which could mean anything. Someone who is a royal, knows the royals, reports on the royals, knew a royal once, reads about the royals ...:whistling:

I think the rumor is rubbish, but there is no reason to believe the denial is not rubbish as well. :lol:

There is no reason to believe the Pippa denial is rubbish too.

gerry 01-18-2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle0187 (Post 1856920)

Let the poor Prince be; there is sure to be a Slip Inn in rio de Janeiro:bang::whistling::lol:

miss whirley 01-18-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle0187 (Post 1856920)

I believe the Pippa denial because there's no way he would cheat on his soulmate - Lady Kitty Spencer! ;)

Countessmeout 01-18-2016 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerry (Post 1856924)
Let the poor Prince be; there is sure to be a Slip Inn in rio de Janeiro:bang::whistling::lol:

Fortunately Princess Maria Gabriella of Orleans-Braganca is only 17 or we might expect some 'Harry found romance with the Brazilian princess' in Rio.:bang: Her older sister is married, and her de Ligne cousins live in Europe.

amaryllus 01-18-2016 07:14 PM

They already tried to hook him with one of the Brazilian girls didn't they? I'll go with Luisa Marie of Belgium next. The press is going through every available young pretty female Royal over 18 so one is as good as another for them LOL.

Pranter 01-18-2016 07:42 PM

Working with charitable groups is a job.

He's hardly a pauper, his mother left him a tidy sum at her passing. It's not like he's a lazy bum laying around since highschool...he's worked very hard at a job in the military (his life in danger at times) before moving on to work with charities. Hardly directionless.

No one here has trashed her...the only trashing I'm seeing done is by you Camilla.

LaRae

Queen Camilla 01-18-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 1856755)
I think Crown-Princess Pavlos would be the most delighted .. Such a marriage would be the crowning achievement of the Miller dynasty's vaulting social ambition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherryyy (Post 1856798)
from what I saw this girl on social networks, it is more a socialite who likes to appears and flaunt their wealth, in addition to the age difference, I don't think Harry would be interested in a girl with this profile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1856768)

Just curious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceallach (Post 1856814)
She has been in the tabloids for hanging out with Kyra Kennedy in Aspen and how Kyra Kennedy's dad making her remove certain photos and a reference to cocaine from that Aspen trip from her instagram. Olympia is not in those pictures from their trip but the Daily Fail ran the stories together so not good publicity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 1856869)

If this is not trashing her and family could someone explain how Harry has behaved that is so much better than this 19 year old?

Or are we back to double standards?

Countessmeout 01-18-2016 08:38 PM

The Greeks haven't had a monarchy in over 40 years, doesn't stop people calling Maria Olympia 'greek princess' in the tabloids. Maria Gabriella is a member of a an abolished royal house but in royal circles that still counts. And for tabloids, she would be the 'Brazilian princess.'

Whether she is a commoner or a princess of an abolished monarchy, she is Brazilian born and raised. And would be no different then the Australians saying we have an Australian princess of Denmark, or Canadians saying we have 2 members of the BRF who are Canadian.

Curryong 01-18-2016 08:43 PM

Harry has been in the armed forces, served in a war zone, undertaken Royal tours and has been instrumental in founding the Invictus Games. He also founded a charity at 19 and undertakes any duties he performs with enthusiasm and empathy. He's very popular with the British public.

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean Harry has to be trashed at every opportunity you can, either, Queen Camilla.

Harry's made mistakes in his life. Haven't we all! The trouble with being who he is has meant that his mistakes have ended up on the front page of tabloids.

Harry has only had two serious relationships, so he's hardly a playboy. When he marries I hope it will be to someone who has had a job and is prepared to fit into the Royal family and work hard. That's not a put-down of Princess Maria-Olympia, by the way.

I'm not trashing M.O. and I don't believe she had been overly criticised here. Posters, while not believing this report, have just pointed to the age gap and the fact that she enjoys rather a socialite lifestyle. She is in college and she may well pursue a serious career afterwards. She's still a teenager and we don't know what her life goals are.

Empress Merel 01-19-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Camilla (Post 1856946)
If this is not trashing her and family could someone explain how Harry has behaved that is so much better than this 19 year old?

Or are we back to double standards?

Never in that sentence or elsewhere did I say that wanting the perks of good pedigree and wealth is a bad thing. I merely said that, to me, that is what interests her more and not the downsides that come with it. And like I mentioned before, Chelsy and Cressida didn't seem to want it in the end either.

Jacknch 01-19-2016 12:24 PM

Yet again we are going off-topic. This thread is about suggestions and musings concerning Prince Harry's relationships. If members wish to conduct a private debate they may do so by Private Message or not at all. Further off-topic posts that compromise the enjoyment of other people who are interested in the subject will be deleted without notice.

miss whirley 01-19-2016 12:50 PM

There’s some evidence to suggest that Harry spent New Years in Los Angeles, I wonder if he has a secret American girlfriend. If he does, he must really like her to skip his usual NYE with Eugenie. Eugenie was said to be in Burma for NYE.

https://twitter.com/HWalesWire/statu...32967699922944

https://twitter.com/brookerees_x/sta...16129735507969

https://twitter.com/brookerees_x/sta...63033037873152

michelle0187 01-19-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss whirley (Post 1857076)
There’s some evidence to suggest that Harry spent New Years in Los Angeles, I wonder if he has a secret American girlfriend. If he does, he must really like her to skip his usual NYE with Eugenie. Eugenie was said to be in Burma for NYE.

https://twitter.com/HWalesWire/statu...32967699922944

https://twitter.com/brookerees_x/sta...16129735507969

https://twitter.com/brookerees_x/sta...63033037873152

He could have been there with his friends, like he usually does.

eya 01-30-2016 02:45 AM

Harry scared marriage life?

Has Prince Charles and Diana's divorce scared Prince Harry off marriage? | Daily Mail Online

Harry new girl ?

Prince Harry is linked to American PR-girl Juliette after meeting in LA | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry rumoured to be dating American PR assistant nearly 10 years his junior - Telegraph

Why her and not Olympia? :ermm: :lol:

Curryong 01-30-2016 03:40 AM

The Juliette thing is all over Twitter. I wouldn't be surprised if she and/or her friends were getting a bit of enjoyment and free PR out of it, even if she does deny knowing him. After all, she does PR for a living! She's a pretty girl, if a bit vain if a quote from her is genuine, but I really can't see Harry going for a long term distance romance again. He's been there, done that.

There's no doubt that Harry values his freedom, always has done, but a commitment phobe because of his parents' bad marriage? Hardly! I think if things had been different he might well have ended up marrying Chelsy in his late twenties, but they weren't, so they split.

A lot of that article seems to be a rehash and some of it frankly unlikely. He enjoys Camilla's company, confides in his grandparents even now? Really? I do think he loves his grandparents and gets on with his stepmother well enough, but confiding in them, seeking comfort because he's lonely, wants a wife? Come on!

He is only 31, not 41. Of course it's different now most of his friends are married or engaged, but Harry's always been open about his emotions. Today, laughing and joking with the wounded athletes he was on top form. So he's secretly a broken hearted clown? Don't think so!

I think this is a continuation of the DM's latest angle on their Poor Old Harry narrative, ie last bachelor in his group of friends (not so) and really longing for a wife. I do think Harry misses the army and army life and is feeling a bit lost at the moment, but I certainly don't think he's crying into his pillow every night because he hasn't got a regular girlfriend. When he really wants to settle, Harry will settle IMO. He's a pretty decisive person.

Duc_et_Pair 01-30-2016 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1860027)
[...]
He is only 31, not 41. [...]

And even if he was 41: no problem. See the present King of the Belgians and the present Prince of Monaco. They married quite late.

Curryong 01-31-2016 04:41 AM

I would be willing to bet good money Harry's not dating either of them. The Telegraph has taken the Daily Fail story and cannibalised it. The tabloids are certainly getting desperate. Any blonde within three feet of Harry at any time is romancing him. Any blondes at the Orlando Invictus Games had better watch out! :smile:

Osipi 01-31-2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1860249)
I would be willing to bet good money Harry's not dating either of them. The Telegraph has taken the Daily Fail story and cannibalised it. The tabloids are certainly getting desperate. Any blonde within three feet of Harry at any time is romancing him. Any blondes at the Orlando Invictus Games had better watch out! :smile:

I just had a flash preview of all the females in the entire stadium in Atlanta wearing blond wigs.

I think Harry is doing a fantastic job of keeping whatever love interests he has (if any) totally under the radar and no one has a clue.

Skippyboo 01-31-2016 07:57 AM

Blonde wigs in Atlanta won't help meet Harry since Atlanta is 450 miles north of Orlando. We do have a Panda 🐼 here at Zoo Atlanta and the worlds largest aquarium🐬. If Harry wants to stop by after visiting Orlando. Easy flight connections from Hartsfield Airport.

Osipi 01-31-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippyboo (Post 1860283)
Blonde wigs in Atlanta won't help meet Harry since Atlanta is 450 miles north of Orlando. We do have a Panda 🐼 here at Zoo Atlanta and the worlds largest aquarium🐬. If Harry wants to stop by after visiting Orlando. Easy flight connections from Hartsfield Airport.

Now where in the heck did I get Atlanta from. Probably from not enough coffee before posting. DUH! Of course the Invictus games are to be held in Orlando. Scratch that blond wig idea and change it to Cinderella style blond wigs as Disney is close by in Orlando too.

Personally, I think Harry would enjoy the panda far more than a gaggle of Cinderella blondies ganging up on him. ;)

Mirabel 01-31-2016 10:56 AM

Poor Harry, the press is desperate to match him up with someone!

Osipi 01-31-2016 12:13 PM

They have to find someone to match him up with or else they'd have to do some actual responsible journalism like reporting on Harry's upcoming Invictus games, his trip to Nepal and his work with wounded service personnel.

The gossip and rumor mongering with various female "love interests" generates more hits and more green dollars in the pocket.

miss whirley 01-31-2016 01:08 PM

The press don’t care about the charity work of Charles, Camilla, Anne, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, William, Catherine, Beatrice, Eugenie, etc...

Why should Harry get special treatment?

It’s only ‘fair’ that he gets pigeonholed into the superficial soap-opera like the rest of them.

Duke of Marmalade 01-31-2016 02:02 PM

Prince Harry hits the town with Suki, Cara and Sienna | Daily Mail Online

Dman 01-31-2016 02:28 PM

Harry is simply moving too slow for the media...when it comes to relationships.

Curryong 01-31-2016 02:49 PM

Yes, but I wish he wouldn't hang around with his cousins' crowd so much, really. I know he's enjoying himself and so long as he does that only occasionally, OK, but I don't know whether drinking and partying with young models and semi-celebrities in clubs is the right way to go if he really does want to settle down.

I really like Harry, but since leaving the army, which he loved and which gave his life some structure he's seemed at a bit of a loss. I feel sorry for him somewhat and hope that he will find a satisfying occupation and also a good hardworking girl who will fit into the lifestyle of the Royal family, soon.

TLLK 01-31-2016 03:17 PM

^^^Perhaps the clubbing istrick to distract the media from a real girlfriend?

miss whirley 01-31-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 1860378)
^^^Perhaps the clubbing istrick to distract the media from a real girlfriend?

I doubt Harry is running a 13-year scam on the media. I think he just enjoys clubbing and London’s nightlife. He's been at it since he graduated Eton.

He either needs to find a socialite wife who loves to party as much as he does, or he needs to stay a bachelor, because I don’t see him ever becoming a wallflower or homebody.

Personally, I think it’s great he spends so much time with Eugenie/Beatrice/Andrew. He seems to have more in common with them than he does Charles or William. I bet the Yorks view him as a brother/son.

Rudolph 02-02-2016 05:51 AM

What does Prince Harry's rumoured love interest have to say about their relationship?

ladongas 02-02-2016 07:05 AM

I don't like the way Harry looks in this photograph. Time to shave.

Rudolph 02-03-2016 06:02 PM

Prince Harry Linked to Juliette Labelle: 5 Things to Know About the New Mystery Woman | E! Online

michelle0187 02-03-2016 07:12 PM

They left out the part where she said she doesn't know him.

Curryong 02-03-2016 11:56 PM

If anything proves tabloid so-called journalists trawl Twitter for storylines this non story is it!

Mermaid1962 02-13-2016 12:24 AM

A 'cryptic message' via blonde and puppy. ;)SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE looks at a pictire meant for Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

I think that the DM is 'reaching' on this one, but I could be wrong.:biggrin:

Countessmeout 02-13-2016 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 1863407)
A 'cryptic message' via blonde and puppy. ;)SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE looks at a pictire meant for Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

I think that the DM is 'reaching' on this one, but I could be wrong.:biggrin:

They say that Juliette does nothing to crush rumors. Didn't she deny them out right, saying she had never met Harry????

Quote:

However the 22-year-old – who works as a PR assistant for fashion label Dior – has denied meeting the Prince. Speaking to The Sun, Juliette said: "I don't know Prince Harry."
I guess DM doesn't want to give the sun any credit :whistling:

michelle0187 02-13-2016 04:21 PM

Lol that article is embarrassing. No wonder they stopped posting comments.

Rudolph 02-13-2016 05:19 PM

Prince Harry's dating pool: The women who might steal his heart - HELLO! CA

cepe 02-13-2016 05:51 PM

:previous: I'm not going to read it. I could write it using predictive text.

This is using Harry as clickbait. Interesting that's it moved beyond just Royal women but it's just the sort of (stops to find polite word)..... rubbish that causes issues in building relationships.

Countessmeout 02-13-2016 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1863556)

This is using Harry as clickbait. Interesting that's it moved beyond just Royal women but it's just the sort of (stops to find polite word)..... rubbish that causes issues in building relationships.

Not too far, Maria Olympia is one of the 9 (so are Chelsy and Cressida). Besides Chelsy there are actually two others who are remotely close in age (29,32 year olds) the rest are 25 and younger.

Curryong 02-13-2016 08:28 PM

Men often marry women six or seven years younger though. Harry doesn't have to confine himself to women who are reaching the 30 year mark surely? It's when there is an age gap of a decade or more that problems tend to arise as a person in their early 30's is probably at a different stage of life, wanting different things, than a 19 year old, like Maria Olympia for example. (Don't believe in that 'romance' by the way.) A woman of 24/25 would be fine, IMO, so long as they possessed the maturity for marriage and a life in the BRF.

miss whirley 02-13-2016 11:36 PM

I think the main reason the media is so zealous is that Harry is suffering from comparison. The Queen met Philip when she was a girl. Charles met Camilla when he was 23. Peter met Autumn when he was 25. Zara met Mike when she was 22. William met Catherine when he was 19. Beatrice met Dave when she was 18. Eugenie met Jack when she was 19.

By regular world standards being single at 31 and still looking for “the one” is completely normal. By Windsor standards it’s abnormally long in the tooth. So the media is trying to shove the dilly-dallying baby bird out of the nest.

Iluvbertie 02-14-2016 01:07 AM

I remember that last high profile member of the BRF who reached their 30s and was still single and looking for 'the one'. That ended in disaster so I do hope that Harry isn't pressured into marrying just so the media can have a few stories about the wedding - its cost, its security, its benefits and then a lot more either building up or tearing down his bride with positive or negative comparisons to Kate.

The one thing that sticks out a mile since the 1980s however is that the couples have been in relationships for years before marrying and if that is the case then the media will have a number of years to wait for Harry to marry.

miss whirley 02-14-2016 01:17 AM

Oh, yes. Even if Harry were to fall madly in love tomorrow the media would still have to wait quite a while for a wedding. I think he'll date his future wife for 3 or 4 years before he proposes.

Pranter 02-14-2016 10:25 AM

I'm quite certain that the last thing the BRF (particularly Charles and the Queen) want to do is to pressure Harry to just pick someone. There's no need anyway...he's several down the line of succession as it is ...he may be like Albert and go another 20 years before marrying. He's talked about wanting to marry and have children..but it's pretty evident he's not willing to 'settle'.

LaRae

Mirabel 02-14-2016 10:47 AM

No one should settle!
Harry has plenty of time to marry, the press just wants another royal wedding and can't wait. I don't believe the RF (or anybody else) is in any hurry.

Skippyboo 02-14-2016 11:45 AM

Charles was getting pressure because he was the heir. Harry isn't the heir and William is married with 2 kids. The only people wanting Harry get involved with someone is the press because right now it's pretty boring. Everyone is relatively happy and not to much scandal. So Harry's potential wife is the next Royal big thing for the papers.

AdmirerUS 02-14-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippyboo (Post 1863670)
Charles was getting pressure because he was the heir. Harry isn't the heir and William is married with 2 kids. The only people wanting Harry get involved with someone is the press because right now it's pretty boring. Everyone is relatively happy and not to much scandal. So Harry's potential wife is the next Royal big thing for the papers.

I want him to be happy - but almost don't want him to get married. You are right the press will eat her alive. Then the Kate is feuding with/jealous of garbage will start. And the trash about the cost of her wardrobe and their travel. And every time he smiles at some other woman there will be a kerfuffle. And William will be quoted as saying that the little Henry children are brats and on and on.
I don't have the energy. :bang:

Pranter 02-14-2016 02:16 PM

You don't have to read the paparazzi stuff. I don't even read people or any types of magazines like that anymore.

LaRae

Mermaid1962 02-14-2016 04:09 PM

This. Brilliant. :lol: You have a good way with words, Cepe.:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1863556)

Jacknch 02-14-2016 05:27 PM

Just imagine, while the media are getting themselves into a frenzy over who could steal Harry's heart, he could be merrily be developing a nice relationship with someone under the radar know one knows about. I hope it's possible for him and if he does date anyone he will be able to keep it under wraps right up until an engagement.

Osipi 02-14-2016 05:46 PM

I still think Harry needs to get himself a dog. Over the years, Lupo has generated quite a bit of interest from the media starting with the big "secret" of what the Cambridges' puppy's name is.

But who knows? Maybe he's got himself a wonderful four legged best friend and is keeping it under the radar too. I think it was when he came back from Afghanistan for the second tour that he said keeping things under the radar was going to be his goal. Maybe he's doing an excellent job of it so far and the public sees only what he wishes them to see. That takes talent, cunning and strategy which I believe Harry has a lot of. :biggrin:

miss whirley 02-14-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacknch (Post 1863711)
Just imagine, while the media are getting themselves into a frenzy over who could steal Harry's heart, he could be merrily be developing a nice relationship with someone under the radar know one knows about. I hope it's possible for him and if he does date anyone he will be able to keep it under wraps right up until an engagement.

That would be horrible. He’d be throwing the poor woman right into the deep end. Chelsy and Cressida each got a taste of the royal fishbowl and both wisely bowed out. If Harry’s wife didn’t get that same trial period and went straight from anonymity to being Princess Harry there’s a good chance she would have ‘buyer’s remorse’ before their 1st anniversary. While Harry could/should keep his relationship under wraps for 6-12 months, after that she needs to come to terms with the fishbowl. It’s better for her to run for the hills as a girlfriend than for her to do the same as a wife.

NotHRH 02-14-2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss whirley (Post 1863724)
That would be horrible. He’d be throwing the poor woman right into the deep end. Chelsy and Cressida each got a taste of the royal fishbowl and both wisely bowed out. If Harry’s wife didn’t get that same trial period and went straight from anonymity to being Princess Harry there’s a good chance she would have ‘buyer’s remorse’ before their 1st anniversary. While Harry could/should keep his relationship under wraps for 6-12 months, after that she needs to come to terms with the fishbowl. It’s better for her to run for the hills as a girlfriend than for her to do the same as a wife.

Maria-Olympia of Greece would so enjoy the spotlight - and so would her grandfather. She would not have buyer's remorse, not now anyway. She is just a kid -about the same age as Diana and he is about the same age as Charles when they were married in 1981. If she and Harry are having some sort of romance, it is because she would ornately decorate her fishbowl and she probably doesn't have a clue what the real "hills" look like. Anyone else read this "romance" the same?

Happy Valentines Day!

HRHHermione 02-14-2016 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss whirley (Post 1863724)

Exactly- she'd need to experience it to see if she could cope before making it permanent.

I think probably there's no one serious on the immediate horizon. Which is tough for him, because he and his brother have always been so close and his brother has entered a totally different phase of life.