The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Duchess of Cornwall Jewels 8: January 2016 - (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/duchess-of-cornwall-jewels-8-january-2016-a-39980.html)

auntie 11-21-2017 07:00 AM

I wonder what will happen when the duchess passes on, will all these fabulous diamonds go back to the BRF or is it her personal property?

muriel 11-21-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie (Post 2038815)
I wonder what will happen when the duchess passes on, will all these fabulous diamonds go back to the BRF or is it her personal property?

The ones that have a royal provenance will remain with the BRF, some smaller private jewellery that she / Charles has bought (like the chokers wtc) or that she brought with her to her marriage will go to her children.

Princess Larisa 12-05-2017 04:10 PM

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Bruce Oldfield Fashion Show in support of the National Osteoporosis Society on November 15:
https://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...SCaaHGA3Bl.jpg
https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...3m0vCSTjul.jpg

The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, Medical Detection Dogs, attended the Charity Day at ICAP on December 5:
https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...Lowagbtm_l.jpg
https://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...R2DIRii8Bl.jpg

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Diplomatic Corps Reception on December 5:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...2506960106.jpg

Spheno 12-05-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Larisa (Post 2047466)
The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Bruce Oldfield Fashion Show in support of the National Osteoporosis Society on November 15:
https://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...SCaaHGA3Bl.jpg
https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...3m0vCSTjul.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Van Cleef & Arpels Snowflake Earrings

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Larisa (Post 2047466)
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, Medical Detection Dogs, attended the Charity Day at ICAP on December 5:
https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...Lowagbtm_l.jpg
https://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...R2DIRii8Bl.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Diamond Moth Brooch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Larisa (Post 2047466)
The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Diplomatic Corps Reception on December 5:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...2506960106.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Greville Tiara
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Pear Drop Diamond Demi-Parure
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Four Strand Pearl Chokers with Diamond Clasps

Princess Larisa 12-14-2017 08:29 PM

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the London International Horse Show at London Olympia on December 14 wearing Queen Victoria's Hesse Diamond Jubilee Brooch:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...3285782605.jpg
https://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...2dZEk5kzxl.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Queen Victoria's Hesse Diamond Jubilee Brooch

AdmirerUS 12-15-2017 08:48 AM

:previous: This is such a great brooch on Camilla. Makes my day.

Elly C 12-15-2017 11:03 PM

A lovely choice of brooch.

Princess Larisa 12-21-2017 12:59 AM

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Queenís Christmas lunch on December 20 wearing the Queen Mumís Rock Crystal Brooch:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...3785606606.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Queen Mother’s Rock Crystal Brooch

Princess Larisa 12-23-2017 05:23 PM

The Duchess of Cornwall, President of the National Osteoporosis Society, hosted a tea dance at Buckingham Palace on November 22:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRv5kpCWAAA7zBg?format=jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRv5CVEWsAAuK1A?format=jpg

MARG 12-23-2017 06:02 PM

Oh that choker is the bee's knees, the cherry on top, you name it. The pearls are a gorgeous size and colour and the diamond and sapphire clasp is to die for. Of all her chokers, this one I really adore. (but only because coveting is a sin :biggrin:)

QueenPenny 12-23-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 2055834)
Oh that choker is the bee's knees, the cherry on top, you name it. The pearls are a gorgeous size and colour and the diamond and sapphire clasp is to die for. Of all her chokers, this one I really adore. (but only because coveting is a sin :biggrin:)

I agree Marge. I saw a similar choker, which was made by Faberge, at a museum. Even in person it didn't compare to the pictures I have seen of this gorgeous piece.

duchessrachel 12-23-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 2055834)
. Of all her chokers, this one I really adore. (but only because coveting is a sin :biggrin:)

:lol: I greatly ADORE a lot of her jewelry. I really love the choker with the clasp that looks like a pink diamond (it may be a pink diamond).

Princess Larisa 12-23-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchessrachel (Post 2055859)
I really love the choker with the clasp that looks like a pink diamond (it may be a pink diamond).

That one is pink topaz, more here:
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Pink Topaz Choker and Earrings

Lady Marmalade 12-23-2017 08:14 PM

I do love her style with the jewels. She can wear the "big momma" jewels and they always look fabulous on her. Her collection, personal and state received gifts, is to die for.

Countessmeout 12-23-2017 10:51 PM

Choker is one of my favorite pieces of hers. And that is saying something :flowers:

When it comes to jewel watching, in the BRF, Camilla is definitely the most exciting to watch. She can wear big gun jewelry like no one else. And her collection, in all shapes and sizes, is impressive to say the least.

syracuse 12-24-2017 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2055907)
Choker is one of my favorite pieces of hers. And that is saying something :flowers:

When it comes to jewel watching, in the BRF, Camilla is definitely the most exciting to watch. She can wear big gun jewelry like no one else. And her collection, in all shapes and sizes, is impressive to say the least.

New here...and have been lurking mainly for Camilla's jewelry.

I thought it was just weird me, but I am glad to see my perceptions confirmed - that this lady wears jewelry like nothing else!

There's something amazing about her because she manages to wrap dozens of imperfections into one impressive, perfect overall look.
Artistocratic job well done! :-)

She is absolutely impeccable in her "anti-Hollywood" persona.
It is easy (and possibly boring) to look great when you are "by the book" - pretty face, slim figure courtesy to consistent gym torture , young-looking, safe everything.

Camilla never really had the classical pretty face nor "perfect" anything; but when she shows up in those jewels she is so beautiful in a dignified, "blue blood" kind of way.
Princess Michael of Kent can do the same thing.

I loved Princess Diana and I love Camilla as well.
Two very different and beautiful women wearing jewelry fantastically - each one in her own way.

Save

Princess Larisa 12-25-2017 03:08 PM

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Christmas church service on December 25 wearing the Queen Mumís Rock Crystal Brooch:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...4206259543.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Queen Mother’s Rock Crystal Brooch

Duc_et_Pair 12-25-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syracuse (Post 2055939)
New here...and have been lurking mainly for Camilla's jewelry.

I thought it was just weird me, but I am glad to see my perceptions confirmed - that this lady wears jewelry like nothing else!

There's something amazing about her because she manages to wrap dozens of imperfections into one impressive, perfect overall look.
Artistocratic job well done! :-)

She is absolutely impeccable in her "anti-Hollywood" persona.
It is easy (and possibly boring) to look great when you are "by the book" - pretty face, slim figure courtesy to consistent gym torture , young-looking, safe everything.

Camilla never really had the classical pretty face nor "perfect" anything; but when she shows up in those jewels she is so beautiful in a dignified, "blue blood" kind of way.
Princess Michael of Kent can do the same thing.

I loved Princess Diana and I love Camilla as well.
Two very different and beautiful women wearing jewelry fantastically - each one in her own way.

Save

I agree. Like the late Princess Marina, like the Duchess of Kent, like Marie-Christine of Kent, also Camilla can look so regal. Last year, when she advanced the stairs of the House of Lords in her white robe de manteau, she looked every inch a Queen. Likewise when she was in formal day wear (in light blue, long robe, with headpiece, Orders et al, during the Investiture in Amsterdam, Camilla was so regal. The Duchess of Kent and Princess Michael can have "it" too. It is the poise, the expression.

duchessrachel 12-25-2017 04:05 PM

There is no one in my opinion who can wear big jewels like Camilla, except the Queen. She wears them instead of them wearing her.

JennahPc 12-29-2017 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchessrachel (Post 2056734)
There is no one in my opinion who can wear big jewels like Camilla, except the Queen. She wears them instead of them wearing her.



I couldn't agree more. She is not my favourite person however when I see her wearing the Queen Mother's jewels and her own Saudi Emerald parure, her two elaborate ruby and diamond necklaces, she owns it. There is something about her being unapologetic about wearing these jewels, dressing up and owning the pomp and circumstance of being a royal.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises