The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Life and Lifestyle (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Left Or Right-Handed Royals? (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/left-or-right-handed-royals-3982.html)

crisiñaki 02-14-2006 05:45 PM

Cristina and her cousin Juan Gómez-Acebo are both ambidextrous, she plays tennis ans squash with her left hand but eats and writes with the right one.

I'm not so sure about Letizia even if I heard that Felipe is able to use his left hand very well:rolleyes:

acdc1 06-11-2007 01:53 PM

I heard about George VI being left-handed, but they made him change, causing his stutter. My father was left-handed and forced to change as well, but no stutter. I'm a righty, but my older brother is a lefty.

Marengo 06-13-2007 06:49 AM

From what I could see in the documentairy about the Prince of Orange, his eldest daughter, princess Catharina-Amalia seems left-handed too.

syna 07-27-2007 10:46 AM

hello,

is Maxima left-handed?

fee 07-27-2007 04:11 PM

Marengo, I think it is still to early to see whether or not Amalia will turn out to be left or right handed. Children of this age often use both hands, it certainly has something to do with the development of the brain. The different areas of the brain and their depending abilities develope at different times. And at that age her fine motorical skills are still not perfected, so she can change from left to right. My daughter does that all the time and since I am ambidextrous I thought she had inherited that trait from me. However our pediatrician convinved us that it was a normal phenomenon and we would have to wait to see which hand she ultimately favors.

I actually doubt, that George's story helped make his great-grandson's lefthandedness easier.
In Williams generation left handedness wasn't considered a problem any longer. But even for Infanta Elena this would have been different.
A lot has changed during the last 30 years.

acdc1 08-11-2008 10:59 AM

It's cool that Letizia and Infanta Cristina are ambidextrous. I am too. I write and play tennis with my right hand, and play golf, baseball, and eat (for some weird reason) with my left. But I can write with my left as well, and sometimes do for convenience.

Is Princess Noor Hamzah a leftie? I thought I remember seeing a picture of her signing something with her left, but Ican't find the picture so I'm not sure.

acdc1 08-16-2008 08:55 PM

I can't edit my first post, but here is the picture of Princess Noor Hamzah writing with her left hand:
https://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...02/820copy.jpg

indian princess 08-17-2008 12:53 AM

what about the belgian royals??? i know that amadeo is a rightie...you can see it in pics but wat bout his mum, dad, aunta n all those other relations...???

Biri 08-19-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1 (Post 812393)
I can't edit my first post, but here is the picture of Princess Noor Hamzah writing with her left hand:
https://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...02/820copy.jpg

But isn' t in islamic countries left hand considered as "impure"?:eek:

ChantalC 08-19-2009 04:45 PM

I read that Princess Caroline of Monaco is right and left-handed. Is that true?

Angelica 08-26-2009 03:26 PM

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden is also left-handed

Picture details

Rice 01-28-2013 10:07 AM

I believe Prince Laurent is left handed

USCtrojan 01-07-2014 12:58 AM

Left Handed Royals!

Who are the left handed royals out there? I always see right handed royals, so having a left handed sister I am curious to know which royals are left handed!

Iluvbertie 01-07-2014 01:25 AM

William is left-handed, as is, I believe the Earl of Wessex, although he, like his grandfather, may have learnt to write right-handed. George VI was also left-handed by birth but he was forced to learn to write etc right handed as it was still believed then that there was something wrong with a left handed person.

gabby11 11-09-2015 03:51 PM

Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden is a lefty and so is Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum of Dubai aka Crown Prince Fazza of Dubai

Marty91charmed 11-09-2015 03:56 PM

Interesting thread! The only royal who is left-handed and who comes to mind is William!

gabby11 11-09-2015 04:13 PM

always with those people ,u now there are lot of royal families included Princess Grace Kelly's Family of Monte Carlo :)https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...oyal-families/ The World's Richest Royals
17 Royal Family Photos From Around The World - Suggest.com

NotHRH 11-14-2015 08:11 AM

Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mum, was left-handed as was her husband, King George VI. Queen Victoria was a southpaw also as well as her daughter, Princess Beatrice of Battenburg, and Beatrice's daughter, the future Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain. Genetics can predispose a person to be left-handed, but you have more of a chance of being left-handed if your mother is left-handed.

Marty91charmed 11-14-2015 08:35 AM

^^^ Thank you! I didn't know that both the queen mum and the king were left-handed! Quite rare and interesting!

Molly2101 11-14-2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotHRH (Post 1838769)
Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mum, was left-handed as was her husband, King George VI. Queen Victoria was a southpaw also as well as her daughter, Princess Beatrice of Battenburg, and Beatrice's daughter, the future Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain. Genetics can predispose a person to be left-handed, but you have more of a chance of being left-handed if your mother is left-handed.

I knew genetics had something to do with handedness, but I was not aware that you were more likely to be left handed if your mother is left handed. My father is left handed but neither my brother nor I are left handed. He is ambidextrous as he was born in the era when left handedness was a "sign of weakness".

The Countess of Wessex is left handed but i'm not sure if either of her children are left handed.