The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 13: November 2015 - July 2016 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/princess-charlenes-fashion-and-style-part-13-november-2015-july-2016-a-39603.html)

udyusa 07-17-2016 04:00 PM

I agree, Scarebaby. It certainly is a scary time we live in.

I also thought that Charlene looked perfect for the sad event she was attending. Lovely and elegant.

dazzling 07-17-2016 04:08 PM

Her look and dress was very appropriate for the event.

COUNTESS 07-17-2016 08:28 PM

Charlene looked perfect. I am so sorry, Melina. Sometimes we feel badly, but it is just headlines. You have spoken of real people you know.

Marty91charmed 07-18-2016 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerry (Post 1909985)
Agree, but this is Monaco. No hat, no gloves, no sleeves.

I did not want to sound controversial though. I just hoped to see at least the shoulder covered. That's all:flowers:

Victoria's Secret 07-19-2016 06:59 AM

She looked lovely but I also would have preferred her shoulders covered in a place of worship. But then I'm old-fashioned like that and don't even like strapless wedding gowns...

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

sophie25 07-19-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victoria's Secret (Post 1910347)
She looked lovely but I also would have preferred her shoulders covered in a place of worship. But then I'm old-fashioned like that and don't even like strapless wedding gowns...

It's not being old fashioned. Shoulders should always be covered in Church as a mark of respect and Charlene's were covered so I don't know what the problem is.

Duc_et_Pair 07-19-2016 03:50 PM

I agree. If Princess Charlène had her shoulders covered in Church, it would have been perfect. She looked beautiful but also for me a bit too bare for Mass. She is The Princess of Monaco, not a coincidental touriste popping into an old church. So my expectations are higher too.

C4A 07-19-2016 04:11 PM

Her shoulders(and all that matters)were covered, only her arms were bare. Really, at a sad time like this, is it necessary to split hairs over whether she was appropriately dressed? Of course she was, bearing in mind it is Summer in Monaco , her appearance was understated, fitting the sad occasion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Victoria's Secret 07-19-2016 09:01 PM

I'm sorry, it's not "splitting hair". We are all all entitled to our own opinions, and for me (and according to the technical definition of shoulders, which includes the joint on the upper arm), just a little cap sleeve or short sleeve would have done the job. This is a fashion thread and a discussion over appropriate dress code is relevant. So no, her shoulders were not completely covered. It was an official engagement; a religious ceremony in a place of worship. Apart from that the looked lovely.

Pranter 07-19-2016 09:41 PM

She should of known better IMO. But so many disregard modest dress when they go to Church nowdays. She's just going along with the trend.

LaRae

Countessmeout 07-19-2016 10:27 PM

No, I think simply the idea of what is 'modest' has changed. If older women choose to have sleeves and covered hair, that is great. But no need to force out-dated fashion standards on a woman simply because she is royal. There was nothing immodest (revealing) or inappropriate about her black dress.

iceflower 07-20-2016 03:35 AM

Time to close this thread. The new thread can be found here.