The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 13: November 2015 - July 2016 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/princess-charlenes-fashion-and-style-part-13-november-2015-july-2016-a-39603.html)

dazzling 11-21-2015 10:52 AM

Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 13: November 2015 - July 2016

Welcome to Part 13 of the thread for Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 12: March 2015 - November 2015 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Frelinghighness 11-21-2015 05:53 PM

Love her whole National Day look. Love the 20's vibe and everything all in one color. What a great color and she looks terrific.

Marty91charmed 11-21-2015 06:06 PM

Did anyone find a link to the gala evening? I saw some pics on the net but I couldn't find them anymore! I only remember that Charlene was wearing a dress with a similar brownish color as the one wore in the morning...

Lady Nimue 11-21-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1841192)
Love her whole National Day look. Love the 20's vibe and everything all in one color. What a great color and she looks terrific.

You felt it, too. :flowers: Very unique.

RJC 11-21-2015 11:23 PM

I was impressed with this look too. Not sure about the stocking colour but it was unique and she pulled it off well.

Duc_et_Pair 11-22-2015 03:38 AM

She dressed every inch a royal lady. Her "colleague" in Madrid can learn a lesson or two from Princess Charlène in "dressing up" for ceremonial events.

Lady Nimue 11-22-2015 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1841252)
She dressed every inch a royal lady. Her "colleague" in Madrid can learn a lesson or two from Princess Charlène in "dressing up" for ceremonial events.

I am guessing you mean Queen Letizia of Spain. Two exceptionally different women. Totally different styles. Completely different workloads. Can't be compared imo. :flowers:

Letizia is classic and work oriented on a daily basis, whereas Charlene has been classic chic (in the past) but far from on a daily basis. Charlene is becoming a bit more funky, I think. Totally out-of-the-box, which suits her athleticism and unique body build. Charlene reminds me of Maxima, who defines what she wears, not the other way around. Charlene is becoming like that.

Elly C 11-22-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1841196)
Did anyone find a link to the gala evening? I saw some pics on the net but I couldn't find them anymore! I only remember that Charlene was wearing a dress with a similar brownish color as the one wore in the morning...

I think you might mean this pic which isn't from this year.
https://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp...011/11/ms1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Marty91charmed 11-22-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elly C (Post 1841310)
I think you might mean this pic which isn't from this year.
https://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp...011/11/ms1.jpg

No I was mistaken! I didn't see any pic but a short reporting clip on Monaco Info! Charlene's gala dress was in a shade of brown this year too!

Victoria's Secret 11-22-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Nimue (Post 1841303)
I am guessing you mean Queen Letizia of Spain. Two exceptionally different women. Totally different styles. Completely different workloads. Can't be compared imo. :flowers:

Letizia is classic and work oriented on a daily basis, whereas Charlene has been classic chic (in the past) but far from on a daily basis. Charlene is becoming a bit more funky, I think. Totally out-of-the-box, which suits her athleticism and unique body build. Charlene reminds me of Maxima, who defines what she wears, not the other way around. Charlene is becoming like that.

You nailed it with that comment. I couldn't agree more. I have respect for all three these Royal ladies' fashion choices -- for different reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

sophie25 11-22-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1841311)
No I was mistaken! I didn't see any pic but a short reporting clip on Monaco Info! Charlene's gala dress was in a shade of brown this year too!

It's so weird that there are no pics of the gala, I can't think why and I am dying to see some.

Marty91charmed 11-23-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angela (Post 1841372)
It's so weird that there are no pics of the gala, I can't think why and I am dying to see some.

it was out of respect for the victims of the terror attacks. Perhaps you will be lucky if you have a look at Monaco Info and catch a clip!:flowers:

Duke of Marmalade 12-13-2015 03:28 AM

on the twins' birthday
charlene in a white coat & shirt, beige top
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...26039123_o.jpg
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...df&oe=57165578

Marty91charmed 12-13-2015 06:47 AM

If I'm not mistaken that coat is a repaeat from january, when there was the presentation of the kids. I think it suits her better while open, although i am not a fan of her simple beige sweather underneath.

Florestane 12-13-2015 01:37 PM

I don't like what she's wearing but then I don't like all the many shades of neutral she insists on wearing - they do nothing for her - and neither does black. I think she looks far better in colours or bright pure white.

melina premiere 12-13-2015 01:48 PM

I like her coat, she wore this coat at the presentation of the princely babies in january, I like also her boots, What she is wearing is always very smart on her , she is very elegant.

eya 12-13-2015 01:51 PM

I agree a very elegant look from the Princess. I like it all!

Duc_et_Pair 12-13-2015 01:51 PM

The Princess indeed is one of the most elegant royals around. Maybe she could wear some more bijoux but for the rest she is almost perfect.

Jacknch 12-13-2015 01:55 PM

One of things I like about Charlene's style is that it unique yet consistent. Some of her clothes I find a little avant-garde but she is always elegant as Duc says.

dazzling 12-14-2015 10:46 AM

I like this outfit and the color combinations.

Duke of Marmalade 12-16-2015 03:13 PM

Giving out christmas gifts, wearing black leggings, knee-high boots - £435 by Stuart Weitzman - and high-neck jumper with the Akris popped-collar cape over the top

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0288664965.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0284835759.jpg

C4A 12-16-2015 03:28 PM

I love this outfit. It's chic, comfortable, just right for the occasion. P Charlene has been wearing a lot more jewelry lately, too, noticed it also at the twins' birthday. Nice to see...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

udyusa 12-16-2015 04:28 PM

I So agree, C4A! She looks wonderful.

azure 12-16-2015 04:34 PM

Simply amazing! She is always very chic, love that! Go girl!

bertie5252003 12-16-2015 10:30 PM

I love the jacket and the boots but really hate the leggings YUK!!!

eya 12-17-2015 06:33 AM

I love all the outfit! Its perfect for the event.

Frelinghighness 12-17-2015 08:28 AM

Very chic, love the haircut

Marty91charmed 12-17-2015 08:45 AM

I wish she wouldn't stick to beige and white like that again.

Florestane 12-17-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1848587)
I wish she wouldn't stick to beige and white like that again.

Totally agree - she's quite pale and the colours completely wash her out. I admit I don't mind her in proper dazzling white but creams and beiges are meh!

HereditaryPrincess 12-17-2015 06:04 PM

Charlene looks chic and sophisticated. I'm not a fan of her hair however, though that's just my personal preference and not a criticism.

Moonmaiden23 12-17-2015 07:00 PM

I think she looks simply AMAZING, as usual. I don't find any of the current Royal women half as chic or glamorous as Princess Charlene of Monaco.;)

Lady Nimue 12-17-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1848704)
I think she looks simply AMAZING, as usual. I don't find any of the current Royal women half as chic or glamorous as Princess Charlene of Monaco.;)

I have to agree, though her style as it is evolving is not 'me'. :flowers: Doesn't have to be, of course, but I do look to identify something I might wear. Charlene is becoming more theatrical, in a way, more like costumes. She is painting on a broad canvas, like a runway model. I like it for her. Clean, impressive lines. Very unfussy. Same goes for the haircut, perfect for a swimmer. It all feels totally right for her. (She reminds me of Audrey Hepburn's style).

I will just have to find the soft, shimmering flow of longish hair, curling here and there, and swish of feminine allure (of a kind) elsewhere now. Can't think of anyone who is dressing that way. Borromeo maybe but she isn't a 'professional' public person. No one pops to mind in the way Charlene always did for me.

Oh well. :flowers:

Marty91charmed 12-18-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florestane (Post 1848666)
Totally agree - she's quite pale and the colours completely wash her out. I admit I don't mind her in proper dazzling white but creams and beiges are meh!

I think Charlene is one the the most elegant royal women, but beige doesn't certainly do her any favour.

Elly C 12-18-2015 11:22 AM

Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 13: November 2015 -

I find quite a few of Charlene's outfits not to my taste, but admire her style. The shorter haircut provides a further edge to her style, but again I preferred her softer version a few months back. Whatever she wears lately, she provides a striking and refreshing contrast to other royal ladies. Uncluttered, strong lines are becoming her trademark and many of these outfits are extremely practical and appear comfortable to wear. Truly a princess for the 21st century..

Duke of Marmalade 12-18-2015 01:52 PM

On December 9, 2015, Princess Charlene of Monaco visited the Hector Otto Foundation in Monaco where she presented gifts to the elderly of the residence.

Arrival with coat
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...06&oe=56D637D6
without coat
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...01&oe=570F56B8
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0c&oe=570BA8D6

Marty91charmed 12-18-2015 03:19 PM

It is true that she always look good with everything but I dislike every piece of clothing she wore. The coat is practically hanging on her, the skirt's bottom is awful and I can only save the t-shirt, simply because it looks chic when matched with the skirt.

melina premiere 12-18-2015 03:58 PM

princess charlene is very elegant, she knows always how to dress,
I would like to have this coat, I like her boots and her skirt and she wears beautiful bracelets
Well done, Charlène

udyusa 12-18-2015 05:44 PM

The coat is simply swallowing her up!!! Way too voluminous. The rest of the outfit is 'edgy' but it suits her. I still think her hair is too severe and I fail to see why she needs swimmer's hair now at this stage in her life. Charlene needs a little softening in her look... She is a stunner, though!

HereditaryPrincess 12-18-2015 05:48 PM

I'm not a fan of Charlene's latest outfit. I don't mind the coat though, it looks incredibly cosy! Just out of curiosity, how warm is it in Monaco at the moment?

An Ard Ri 01-18-2016 07:26 AM

HSH The Princess of Monaco at the Vatican today for an audience with Pope Francis.

The Pope Meets Albert And Charlene Of Monaco - Arrivals | Getty Images

Duke of Marmalade 01-18-2016 09:22 AM

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...3122810262.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...3122810264.jpg

dazzling 01-18-2016 11:13 AM

Lovely outfit but I wished of her pumps to be more that shade of her outfit.
Her clutch is by Dior.

Duchessmary 01-18-2016 11:19 AM

Wow. I just noticed how heavy her makeup is. :ermm:

melina premiere 01-18-2016 11:24 AM

I like her outfit, her mantilla is very beautiful

Pranter 01-18-2016 11:49 AM

Interesting that she wears a white mantilla...usually (and it's not a rule) married women wear darker colored veils.

LaRae

melina premiere 01-18-2016 12:05 PM

It is not the sujet of this board here Pranter, it is the fashion board but only the catholic Queens consort and catholic princesses consort are wearing the white ,it is the privilege of the blanc, they are wearing white mantilla , it is the protocole.

An Ard Ri 01-18-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 1856792)
Interesting that she wears a white mantilla...usually (and it's not a rule) married women wear darker colored veils.

LaRae

The Privilège du blanc :previous:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privil%C3%A8ge_du_blanc

princess maggie 01-18-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 1856792)
LaRae

Yesterday I read an article speculating as to which Charlene would wear when she met the pope today. Appearantly only 7 or 8 Women can wear white when meeting HH. It has to do with being Catholic and the spouse of a Catholic King or Prince. If Maxima met the Pope she would have to wear black even tho she is a Catholic Queen and her husband is King ( but not Catholic).

Duke of Marmalade 01-18-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess maggie (Post 1856802)
Yesterday I read an article speculating as to which Charlene would wear when she met the pope today. Appearantly only 7 or 8 Women can wear white when meeting HH. It has to do with being Catholic and the spouse of a Catholic King or Prince. If Maxima met the Pope she would have to wear black even tho she is a Catholic Queen and her husband is King ( but not Catholic).

Yes. Daily Mail has info on the custom.

Princess Charlene of Monaco visits the Vatican in an all-white outfit - one of only SEVEN people allowed to wear the colour while meeting the Pope

Princess Charlene of Monaco visits the Vatican for a meeting with Pope Francis | Daily Mail Online

Florestane 01-18-2016 01:53 PM

Approaching this from a purely fashion point of view, these are my thoughts on Charlene's outfit:

I can't stand when she wears cream, beige, greige, neutral bleuh so guess what? I don't love it. What I do like is when she wears white - proper achingly bright white - because I think it looks amazing on her. So, I love the mantilla. With the pop of bright lipstick it looks fabulous.

However, I also don't like mixing white and cream because I don't think they go.

The coat - apart from the colour - funny length. Either go more tailored and considerably shorter or keep it loose but long enough to hide the hemline of the dress. That annoying couple of inches below the coat is just wrong.

So, to sum up - a mixed bag for me. Others, will disagree, I'm sure. 😜

Pranter 01-18-2016 04:25 PM

Ah gotcha...I didn't realize she was meeting with pope Francis. I know about the 'privilege of white' ...that makes sense then.

LaRae

Frelinghighness 01-18-2016 09:50 PM

She looked beautiful but I wish the veil was the same cream color of the coat and the coat covered the dress underneath. Her makeup was fantastic, but too heavy to meet the pope.

IloveCP 01-19-2016 12:33 AM

An exquisite and refined outfit. She looks lovely.

eya 01-19-2016 01:40 AM

Princess Charlene is very beautiful. And i love the Mantilla.

Marty91charmed 01-19-2016 05:29 AM

Charlene looked really stunning and elegant for the meeting with the Pope!

Elly C 01-21-2016 11:18 AM

I really don't like this outfit even though I think she carries off an elegant look. It is a combination of the mixture of cream and white, the shape of the coat and the rather heavy makeup. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think it is a particularly flattering overall appearance.

Florestane 01-21-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elly C (Post 1857592)
I really don't like this outfit even though I think she carries off an elegant look. It is a combination of the mixture of cream and white, the shape of the coat and the rather heavy makeup. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think it is a particularly flattering overall appearance.

Not at all. Several people have said similar things, me included. I really don't like white and cream together and I don't like Charlene in cream at all.

Countessmeout 01-21-2016 01:05 PM

I like the outfit, minus the gloves, but the makeup is way too much IMO

MARG 01-21-2016 07:14 PM

:previous: I have a agree. Charlene's makeup almost always looks spot on but on this occasion it looked like it had been applied with a trowel!

Noor Mariam 01-24-2016 10:18 AM

Perfect Charlene as usual !!

bertie5252003 01-24-2016 12:38 PM

When she became engaged I thought she was just so beautiful and fresh her face has become changed IMO and the make up here is really too heavy for a young woman with all the assistance money can buy. Her fashion style has never really hit the highs promised with the stunning pale gown on in her engagement photos. Many of you will say .. well she is older but her style has become stuck IMO in a sea of black and neutral and though the Vatican white was appropriate here I think and her overall attempts remain confused. IMO naturally

Princess of Durham 01-24-2016 01:39 PM

The heavy makeup is puzzling especially given the "event" .... maybe she had a major skin break out. I also prefer in with a more natural look i.e., pale lips. The red lips are just too stark, IMO.

Lady Nimue 01-24-2016 03:18 PM

Lovely. :flowers: I find it all well done.

As for the comments about the lipstick, it's the style now to have vivid, dominant colors. Not my thing, but it is what is the current fashion.

udyusa 01-25-2016 03:59 PM

I think she looks lovely. Regardless of the style, I find the lipstick way too red to be flattering on Charlene especially with her soft colors.

eya 01-26-2016 01:26 AM

Princess Charlene of Monaco's best style moments - HELLO! US

Duke of Marmalade 01-27-2016 01:05 AM

Princess Charlene honours Monaco's patron saint with Prince Albert by setting a fisherman's boat on fire in traditional ritual

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...3842545860.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...3842300900.jpg

Florestane 01-27-2016 01:58 AM

More neutrals - sigh! Actually, I like the grey dress with the scarf neckline.

I dislike the cape/coat/cardigan in her favourite blech colour but particularly detest the boots which are just a slightly off shade of the coat and draw attention to her knees which are not her best feature (as with most people). In fact, the boots look dirty. The surgical gloves are awful. Someone should tell her just because they're all neutral that doesn't mean they go together. Like her make up, though.

Countessmeout 01-27-2016 02:06 AM

Think the boots actually don't look bad, close enough to the coat, they don't need to be matchy matchy. But she needs to lose the scarf and those gloves. A scarf with a bit of color with all those neutrals would be nice.

Florestane 01-27-2016 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1859131)
Think the boots actually don't look bad, close enough to the coat, they don't need to be matchy matchy. But she needs to lose the scarf and those gloves. A scarf with a bit of color with all those neutrals would be nice.

I think the scarf is actually part of the dress.

dazzling 01-27-2016 04:21 AM

The whole look suits her well. I Think the color combinations work well.

iceflower 01-27-2016 07:07 AM

Princess Charlene elegant in black at the second part of the Saint Devote celebrations today, January 27:

** Full view ** Side view coat ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

An Ard Ri 01-27-2016 07:32 AM

I much preferred today's outfit at the annual Saint Devote Mass ,I didn't like the scarf at last nights ceremony.

Marty91charmed 01-27-2016 07:51 AM

I liked the beige and grey combination evne though at first I didn't think it would work...

Anne2 01-27-2016 08:40 AM

To me she is permanently looking for her style.
Honestly I don't like her current hair style

Pranter 01-27-2016 08:51 AM

Not a fan...just a big sack look. Boring.

LaRae

bertie5252003 01-27-2016 11:16 AM

I rest my case....

carlota 01-27-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne2 (Post 1859192)
To me she is permanently looking for her style.
Honestly I don't like her current hair style

i was thinking the same, i wish she would return to her longer hair which looked more feminine. this length just looks too masculine.

like this:
https://us.hellomagazine.com/imagenes...harlene--z.jpg
https://media2.popsugar-assets.com/fi...-Wittstock.jpg

dazzling 01-27-2016 11:52 AM

I find the coat a but too short to be worn alone but she wore it well and the high boots really look good on her. I hope she grows her hair out, I liked it longer.

Princess of Durham 01-27-2016 11:58 AM

"Style/Fashion" or not, the very red lipstick is just not attractive on her, following the style isn't always a good idea. The very short hair along with the very red lips is just too stark, IMHO. And I AM a fan of the Princess!

Countessmeout 01-27-2016 11:58 AM

I actually don't mind her hair cut. Its actually quite modern and stylish. Definitely not the traditional 'princess hair' but refreshing. Though I do like her slightly longer version better.

The black outfit is definitely the better of the two looks. Again I don't get her and the gloves.

I don't think the scarf in the gray outfit was part of the dress, just the same color. I could be wrong but it looks too big and odd places to be part of the neckline of the dress. I guess I could be wrong.

Florestane 01-27-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess of Durham (Post 1859247)
"Style/Fashion" or not, the very red lipstick is just not attractive on her, following the style isn't always a good idea. The very short hair along with the very red lips is just too stark, IMHO. And I AM a fan of the Princess!

I think completely the opposite - I think she carries off bright colours extremely well so I love the bright lipstick. That's why I hate all the neutrals she swathes herself in, I don't love her in black either. I think they make her look washed out and ill.

I don't mind the short hair but I did prefer it just slightly longer.

I hate, hate, hate the boots - they may well be the height of fashion and costly but I just find them cheap looking.

Hey ho, if we all agreed it wouldn't be much of a discussion board! 😊

Florestane 01-27-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1859248)
I actually don't mind her hair cut. Its actually quite modern and stylish. Definitely not the traditional 'princess hair' but refreshing. Though I do like her slightly longer version better.

The black outfit is definitely the better of the two looks. Again I don't get her and the gloves.

I don't think the scarf in the gray outfit was part of the dress, just the same color. I could be wrong but it looks too big and odd places to be part of the neckline of the dress. I guess I could be wrong.

Yes, I've just looked and I think you're right about the scarf and dress being separate - quite like it/ them minus the yucky beige stuff.

Also, I've seen some better lit pictures and realised the black is actually navy - which is slightly better than black but still a bit stark for my taste.

wyevale 01-27-2016 02:42 PM

In the Grey/beige outfit she just looks washed out, tired and [weirdly] OLD... the radiance after the immediate birth of the twins is gone..

The Black is MUCH, much more stylish, but her foundation looks piled on !

Frelinghighness 01-27-2016 04:03 PM

Wow,what a fabulous style on the what I see as the navy coat. What great placement of pleats, any ID? Terrific over the knee boots only she can wear as well as the great new haircut. Nice change from all those helmet heads.

Marty91charmed 01-27-2016 04:09 PM

I think the second outfit is more severe but very elegant and it fits the occasion, after all!

udyusa 01-27-2016 04:30 PM

I like the navy outfit as it is very appropriate and stylish for the occasion. I don't understand why she wears fabric gloves instead of leather which look soo much richer.

C4A 01-27-2016 05:21 PM

P Charlene looked chic and elegant as ever. Because of her height and slender figure just about anything she wears looks good on her. I also don't mind the grey/beige ( that works surprisingly well ) or navy colours. But to me, the style is just too similar for two consecutive days: big scarves, gloves and knee high boots. Two rather different styles would have been nice imo.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

melina premiere 01-27-2016 05:56 PM

For me who was present to the two cérémonies and saw P Charlene, she was very elegant and she was perfect .

And she is the most elegant princess of the gotha, she is really the princess sovereign now.

casualfan 01-27-2016 07:39 PM

The black coat is gorgeous but it's all so boring. Black, beige, gray on repeat.

Elly C 01-29-2016 03:45 PM

I like the two St Devote outfits but I agree about the repetitive neutral palette. That said, she looks so good in those high boots. Because the hairstyle is quite severe, it can both enhance and spoil her look. It needs a very carefully chosen palette and shade of make up to pull it off. Too heavy, and it is quite ageing and unforgiving, but get it just right and she can look stunning. The harsh sunlight of the Rome visit plus the lighting in the Vatican palace didn't help.

royal rob 01-29-2016 04:13 PM

Usually love everything she wears but not liking her latest look. Hair much too short make up too strong and I'm not a fan of the oversized coats. Hope she gets back on track soon.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

NoorMeansLight 01-31-2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1859176)

Princess Charlene elegant in black at the second part of the Saint Devote celebrations today, January 27:

** Full view ** Side view coat ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

She looks gorgeous here, I love the coat! :smile:

MARG 01-31-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udyusa (Post 1859316)
I like the navy outfit as it is very appropriate and stylish for the occasion. I don't understand why she wears fabric gloves instead of leather which look soo much richer.

I love this entire ensemble. The navy colour really suits her and I love her take on fashion. The coat is gorgeously gored and ultra feminine but the neckline owes more to fashion than sense, Charlene's remedy is both elegant and practical.

The boots are very elegant and look to be suede as do her matching gloves. The ultra-short hairstyle frames her gamine look so well and the lipstick makes a wonderful statement.

princess carmen 02-01-2016 06:49 AM

I love her hair I think it looks good on her. It is also easier to manage than long hair.

Valerie Rose 02-07-2016 07:05 PM

I found it interesting to see how the bulkiness of the scarf in each outfit alters her apparent proportions across the shoulders. Looks better-balanced in my opinion :flowers:

Moonmaiden23 02-07-2016 07:24 PM

I go back and forth on HSH's haircut, but the cut and tailoring of that navy/black coat almost makes me faint with pleasure. It is simply gorgeous...perfect!:smile:

MARG 02-08-2016 03:17 AM

:previous: I am totally on board with Charlene's gamine hairstyle. It is uniquely her and suits her very fine features. But the coat . . . gorgeous, perfect, I love it. Actually, there is nothing I don't like about this ensemble. Charlene is definitely her own woman when it comes to style.

Moonmaiden23 02-09-2016 09:07 PM

I think gamine suits Charlene too, but something rubs me wrong about the back of her head....it looks almost flat as a board. Too severe or something.:sad:

But from the front it's great!

royal rob 02-09-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1862642)
I think gamine suits Charlene too, but something rubs me wrong about the back of her head....it looks almost flat as a board. Too severe or something.:sad:

But from the front it's great!

My thoughts too. It's much too short at back

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Lady Nimue 02-13-2016 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1859176)
.Princess Charlene elegant in black at the second part of the Saint Devote celebrations today, January 27: Full view ** Upper part

This could be a photo-shoot direct from a fashion magazine. As such, it has it's chic, but something about it is not appealing overall on a personal level. :sad: Feels very stand-offish. Unusual.

While it's her choice, I do agree that the longer length in hair, still short, but more soft, was far more appealing and 'accessible'. It's almost like she's a different person these days since the birth of the twins. Interesting impression created imo. I hope it's a phase. :flowers: