The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Fashion (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 - (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/princess-sofias-maternity-fashion-october-2015-a-39346.html)

iceflower 10-16-2015 02:38 AM

Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

This is the thread dedicated to Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion!

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Queen Claude 10-23-2015 02:00 PM

Prince Carl Phillip & Princess Sofia attend Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences’ Formal Gathering tonight. This is their first joint engagement since the announcement of Sofia’s pregnancy and the first time Sofia is wearing her Order of the Seraphim. | 23rd October 2015

https://36.media.tumblr.com/e213063c0...zbreo2_500.jpg
https://41.media.tumblr.com/e8c0f3a5...40bo1_1280.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/99be88aba...zbreo3_400.jpg

Sources:
Their Royal Highnesses Post
Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Phillip attends The... - Royals of the world

LadyFinn 10-23-2015 02:43 PM

The dress looks like it is made from a very cheap material, it is too tight for such a solemn event, the colour doesn't suit her. And when she now finally has got her Order of the Seraphim, one would have of course hoped that she would have worn it on the right way. The Star is at the wrong place, she doesn't have the King's Miniature portrait and she obviously didn't have any brooches keeping the sash on it's place.
ROYPOR997A0061.jpg | Bernard Rübsamen
ROYPOR997A0012.jpg | Bernard Rübsamen
https://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ge...152232-084.jpg

Photos from the same event in 2012, 2013 and 2014
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010070...56261941129589

Florestane 10-23-2015 02:54 PM

I think she looks lovely. I like the dress, colour, sparkle and style. Her hair looks very nice. The only things I'm not sure about are the long earrings.

Pranter 10-23-2015 03:03 PM

I think the color is nice on her ...her makeup/hair look nice. Not crazy about the long earrings but everything looks appropriate. The dress is snug but it's not offensively so...we've seen the DoC wearing similarly snug clothing before.

LaRae

Jacknch 10-23-2015 03:07 PM

I like the colour of this dress. The design is not too bad, but if there had been a slight train or just a little fuller at hem it would have looked better.

Duke of Marmalade 10-23-2015 04:24 PM

I like the hairdo and the earrings, the top part looks ok but when looking at the full view pictures this is not a good look at all. Too tight, wrong colour, the bottom part looks horrible.

Danishla 10-23-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1832386)
I like the hairdo and the earrings, the top part looks ok but when looking at the full view pictures this is not a good look at all. Too tight, wrong colour, the bottom part looks horrible.

Why is her sash so long? wouldn't someone be able to fix this for her? :ermm:

Roslyn 10-23-2015 05:05 PM

:previous: I wonder why she wore the sash so long? If it was totally inappropriate, you'd think her husband would have told her. I'd have thought that she would have received instructions about the proper way to wear it at the time she received it, and if there were no specific requirements, she can wear it how she likes. Perhaps Sofia decided that, with that dress, the sash looked better longer.

I think that Sofia looks fine. I don't care for the colour of the dress and I'd prefer to have seen her in dark blue or some other darker colour, but that's just personal preference on my part. The dress is snug, but not obscenely tight. I also think it is a crepe fabric, which accounts for the "un-ironed" appearance of the bottom part of the skirt in one of the photos.

rominet09 10-23-2015 05:10 PM

This pic has been taken at a wrong angle I think.... more would be necessary to judge...(my opinion of course)

Danishla 10-23-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rominet09 (Post 1832393)
This pic has been taken at a wrong angle I think.... more would be necessary to judge...(my opinion of course)

Here is another angle
https://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ge...152232-084.jpg

JR76 10-23-2015 05:37 PM

Nothing wrong with the dress itself but she needs other undergarments.
When it comes to the orders maybe she's been shown how to do it once and then dressed herself tonight and forgot about the finer details?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Al_bina 10-23-2015 05:41 PM

Based on the photos, Princess Sofia's dress is not flattering. The colour is so so.

LadyFinn 10-23-2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR76 (Post 1832398)
Nothing wrong with the dress itself but she needs other undergarments.
When it comes to the orders maybe she's been shown how to do it once and then dressed herself tonight and forgot about the finer details?

She has a husband who has whole his life seen how his mother and sisters wear their orders and sashes. And the internet is full of photos of the queen, Victoria and Madeleine with orders and sashes, it shouldn't be too difficult for Sofia to find out how to wear them.

princess carmen 10-23-2015 06:23 PM

I don't think it's too tight she needs a longer slip under it though.

Dman 10-23-2015 07:06 PM

For some odd reason there are some royals (even British) that wear their Order sashes long like that. I'm used to seeing Queen Elizabeth II and other older royals wearing their Orders in a more fitted way.

Frelinghighness 10-23-2015 07:24 PM

Very nice peachy pink color for a brunette. The scoop neck and sleeves are perfect for her although the dress is a little tight all over.
You would think her devoted husband, born prince of Sweden would have some knowledge of women's sashes but alas, he is but a man.

princess maggie 10-23-2015 08:25 PM

I think Sofia looks very nice. We are starting to see a baby bump in some of the photos.
Could someone please explain the difference between the star and the miniature king photo.

GömdNatt 10-23-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess maggie (Post 1832428)
I think Sofia looks very nice. We are starting to see a baby bump in some of the photos.
Could someone please explain the difference between the star and the miniature king photo.

the miniature photo of the King is the Royal Family Order. It's given to the female members of the Royal Family by the King. The Star on Sofia's shoulder is the Badge of the Order of the Seraphim & goes with the baby blue sash she is wearing. They are two separate things.

princess maggie 10-23-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GömdNatt (Post 1832436)
the miniature photo of the King is the Royal Family Order. It's given to the female members of the Royal Family by the King. The Star on Sofia's shoulder is the Badge of the Order of the Seraphim & goes with the baby blue sash she is wearing. They are two separate things.

Thank you for the information. Can both be worn at the same time?

GömdNatt 10-23-2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess maggie (Post 1832440)
Thank you for the information. Can both be worn at the same time?

They usually are. The Swedes wear them far more often, I think, than the Danes, Norwegians, and certainly the Brits. The Swedes wear them for gala events (usually tiara and/or order events, such as the Royal Swedish Academy events, but even some long gala dress events), but also for Christenings. It is a bit unusual that Sofia didn't wear hers for this event.

Madame Verseau 10-23-2015 09:40 PM

The dress is tight and I see the Spanx. The cat's out of the bag - she's pregnant. If Sofia doesn't want to be compared to Kim Kardashian in terms of fashion - like she was at the church service she attended - she needs to go up a size or get bespoke maternity.

The order - the sash is hanging wrong; it hangs like a cheap beauty pageant sash and it's not. The star at the bottom of the sash hanging where it shouldn't. Fail for not getting brooches from the Bernadotte collection to help keep the sash in place and not droop everywhere. Double fail for Carl Philip for not showing his wife how to put the sash and orders on properly (he's seen his mother and sisters often enough) and letting it her go out the house like that. MIA - the family order.

MARG 10-23-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1832404)
She has a husband who has whole his life seen how his mother and sisters wear their orders and sashes. And the internet is full of photos of the queen, Victoria and Madeleine with orders and sashes, it shouldn't be too difficult for Sofia to find out how to wear them.

Okay, a clip around the ear for Carl Philip. It is not as if he doesn't know how everything is worn, least of all the Star. But where is her family order? Wiki says she has it but I can find no verification of this. There are no brooches to hold her sash in place, and the crease in the ribbon on her shoulder makes me think she just took it out of its box . . . and it was too long. So for the royal faux pas we will blame CP.

Now to her ensemble. Her hair looked lovely as did her earrings. I love the scooped neckline and the colour is really nice on her. However, from the waist down the dress just doesn't cut it. It is rumpled over her petticoat (I think) and is far too fitting and lacks gravitas. Perhaps a small train?

Whatever she is wearing under the gown I just hope it isn't SPANX!

HRHHermione 10-23-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1832453)
Okay, a clip around the ear for Carl Philip. It is not as if he doesn't know how everything is worn, least of all the Star. But where is her family order? Wiki says she has it but I can find no verification of this. There are no brooches to hold her sash in place, and the crease in the ribbon on her shoulder makes me think she just took it out of its box . . . and it was too long. So for the royal faux pas we will blame CP.

Now to her ensemble. Her hair looked lovely as did her earrings. I love the scooped neckline and the colour is really nice on her. However, from the waist down the dress just doesn't cut it. It is rumpled over her petticoat (I think) and is far too fitting and lacks gravitas. Perhaps a small train?

Whatever she is wearing under the gown I just hope it isn't SPANX!

Didn't she wear her family order to the christening?

Lady Nimue 10-23-2015 10:41 PM

Sofia is looking very beautiful. :flowers:

MARG 10-23-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 1832455)
Didn't she wear her family order to the christening?

You are right, she did. So what happened?

HRHHermione 10-23-2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1832475)
You are right, she did. So what happened?

She must have chosen not to wear it this evening. It looks like she needs some help with learning how to fasten her orders properly. Overall, I think the outfit looks fine though.

Madame Verseau 10-24-2015 12:02 AM

Not only Carl Philip is to blame for Sofia's sash & order mess up. Where was the hovedam (sp?), the woman that was on loan from Silvia to show Sofia more of the royal ropes? Surely she would know how to put the order and sash on and show Sofia.

grevinnan 10-24-2015 12:19 AM

Sweden does not have a Family Order. It is an informal honor that the ladies of the King's family (wife, daughters, daughter-in-law and his sisters) are given. But it is not a formal order.

LadyFinn 10-24-2015 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Verseau (Post 1832481)
Not only Carl Philip is to blame for Sofia's sash & order mess up. Where was the hovedam (sp?), the woman that was on loan from Silvia to show Sofia more of the royal ropes? Surely she would know how to put the order and sash on and show Sofia.

The First Lady of the Court is not Sofia's lady-in-waiting. She is Sofia's mentor who gives her advice. I don't think that she goes to Carl Philip's and Sofia's home to see how Sofia is dressing. Sofia is a grown woman, and if she can't dress properly with sashes and orders, she can ask for help. Now it looks that she decided to do it on her own way, left the King's Miniature Portrait away and wears the Order of the Seraphim sloppy - on the first time she wore the Order of the Seraphim, the most outstanding distinction in Sweden.
During the year she was engaged with Carl Philip before the wedding, Sofia was six times at an event where the royal women wore sashes and orders, so she has seen them worn very closely.

A back view, she doesn't have a pin/brooch there either and the catastrophe is ready. This is not the way to wear the sash.
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030...56709601125776

MARG 10-24-2015 05:11 AM

:previous: Oh dear, it looks like I was right and the sash has been left in the box until she needed it. There was probably no time to press it and someone would have to tell her the back view is messy.

I am beginning to think that she is taking her lead from Victoria and with Victoria in South America and Madeleine back in London, she was on her own. I think she looked at the way Carl Philip wore his sash (no pins, etc.) and since he didn't wear the family order, she wore the Star where he wore his, sort of, and left her family order off.

Sadly, it seems my supposition was correct, SPANX! Pregnant women absolutely should not be wearing them under any circumstances. :bang:

Kingen 10-24-2015 05:25 AM

I think that Sofia's outfit and look after all was good. Of course there was some things that could have ben done better. But even experienced royals like her in-laws make misstakes.

For instance Queen Silvia didn't wear her portrait of the King for the banquet in conjunction with Queen Margrethe's Ruby Jubilee.

The King's order during the recent state visit to Lithuania was probably worn for the the very first time, as it was folded multiple times on his shoulder. That looked horrible, Sofia didn't las night.

We hope that she has learn from the small misstakes for the State banquet for the President of Tunisia.

Madame Verseau 10-24-2015 05:52 AM

Sorry Sofia's order did look terrible. @Lady Finn -the back view was worse. As if she didn't bother to have it steamed out and have it adjusted properly.

If Sofia is attending a state banquet, that means a tiara. She needs to get one (one the king is going to loan to her) that will be a proper fit. Given how she wore the sash and orders, I don't think Sofia is ready for the big guns (Branganza, Counnaught, Luechenburg, Cameo, Edward VII Ruby, Nine Prong). She needs for seasoning for those. Victoria and Madeleine have called dibs on the Baden Fringe and the Modern Fringe. The Laurel Wreath is Victoria's. The Steel Cut is a tough one to wear and it definitely depends on the style and color of the dress for it to work. I'll take a guess and say Sofia does the 4 Button - aka the Jeep. (or is it the 6 Button?) Eyes are going to be on Sofia for jewelry from the royal collection for that night too. Hopefully Sofia gets a better fitting dress for the evening too.

MARG 10-24-2015 06:13 AM

:previous: Ah well, it was not a tiara occasion this time so I believe we can wait until the next State Banquet and see how she goes.

princess carmen 10-24-2015 06:37 AM

They actually make pregnancy spanx I think not tight on the belly but holds everything else in place.

GömdNatt 10-24-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Verseau (Post 1832527)
Sorry Sofia's order did look terrible. @Lady Finn -the back view was worse. As if she didn't bother to have it steamed out and have it adjusted properly.

If Sofia is attending a state banquet, that means a tiara. She needs to get one (one the king is going to loan to her) that will be a proper fit. Given how she wore the sash and orders, I don't think Sofia is ready for the big guns (Branganza, Counnaught, Luechenburg, Cameo, Edward VII Ruby, Nine Prong). She needs for seasoning for those. Victoria and Madeleine have called dibs on the Baden Fringe and the Modern Fringe. The Laurel Wreath is Victoria's. The Steel Cut is a tough one to wear and it definitely depends on the style and color of the dress for it to work. I'll take a guess and say Sofia does the 4 Button - aka the Jeep. (or is it the 6 Button?) Eyes are going to be on Sofia for jewelry from the royal collection for that night too. Hopefully Sofia gets a better fitting dress for the evening too.

this belongs in the jewelry thread, but I cannot ignore it. Sofia will never wear the Braganza as it is for the Queen only. She likely will also never wear the Leuchtenberg, Nine Prong, or the Ruby. I think the Leuchtenberg is also just for the Queen, but I'm not positive. Same with the other two. She will also likely never wear the Connaught, but it could be possible when Victoria is Queen. The Cameo is possible, but as Madeleine has never worn it, & the only time Victoria wore it was for her wedding, I would hazard a guess she'll not wear it. Sofia has her own Emerald Tiara to wear, so there's that, plus the Button Tiaras. If Madeleine really wants to raise her children in London, I think we'll see her less often at tiara events (at least while the kids are young) and so possibly Sofia could wear the Modern Fringe. But not the Baden Fringe, and probably not the big Steel Cut, but Lillian did wear it, so maybe Sofia will.

As for the fashion, I do not mind Sofia's dress. But her sash is a mess. There is a reason why the ladies pin their sashes. I would hazard a guess the men do as well, but as we don't get to see beneath their coats, I don't know.

The RFO in Sweden is referred to as The King's Portrait, but it is still an order. An informal one, but an order nonetheless.

Pranter 10-24-2015 11:05 AM

Hmmm I don't know if she won't wear some of them...because they seem to share both clothing and jewels both in that family. Perhaps not the ones only the Queen wears but I'd say the rest would be a possibility.

LaRae

eya 10-24-2015 11:05 AM

All the look of Sofia is beautiful. The dress , the makeup, the hair. And any mistake made can not just blame only her.

dazzling 10-24-2015 11:18 AM

The dress clearly is too tight for her. It's unflattering and a such a dull color on her.

PrincessofEurope 10-24-2015 12:12 PM

This dress was clearly never designed for her pregnancy even in the early stages. I would say she had this dress maybe in frame for this arts dinner and went ahead and wore it despite the very beginnings of her baby bump - therefore it is quite tight over that area and not the most flattering

kathia_sophia 10-24-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1832517)
Sadly, it seems my supposition was correct, SPANX! Pregnant women absolutely should not be wearing them under any circumstances. :bang:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is Spanx?:ermm:

HRHHermione 10-24-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1832517)
:previous: Oh dear, it looks like I was right and the sash has been left in the box until she needed it. There was probably no time to press it and someone would have to tell her the back view is messy.

I am beginning to think that she is taking her lead from Victoria and with Victoria in South America and Madeleine back in London, she was on her own. I think she looked at the way Carl Philip wore his sash (no pins, etc.) and since he didn't wear the family order, she wore the Star where he wore his, sort of, and left her family order off.

Why? I can't see what it would hurt. And all available information says it's safe. (And I mean, why wouldn't it be)

It might get uncomfortable in late pregnancy but that's a really personal choice.

carlota 10-24-2015 01:35 PM

i don't think the dress was very special and too figure hugging for my taste - her leg muscles even show through it. the sash is also sitting improperly on her front rather than her waist which looks frumpy...

Pranter 10-24-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1832621)
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is Spanx?:ermm:

SPANX by Sara Blakely | Shapewear, Bras, Jeans & Lingerie | on Spanx.com

princess maggie 10-24-2015 03:19 PM

Why would Sofia wear a Spanx,really

MARG 10-24-2015 11:37 PM

:previous: It's the corset and/or girdle you wear when you are not wearing a corset and girdle. This 21st-century version smoothes out the bumps and bulges just about anywhere and allows a gown to flow effortlessly over the body, leaving an enviable silhouette. :whistling:

biboquinhas 10-27-2015 08:35 AM

She is pregnant so I doubt that she is wearing SPANX...however the dress is too tigh for her condition...

Marty91charmed 10-27-2015 09:05 AM

The dress was too revealing and tacky IMO. The delicate color clashed with the tighness of the dress... One could detect her body from the back. Not a nice one for me... She looked like a miss something in a contest, wit that creased sash and all..

Roslyn 10-27-2015 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 1833548)
She is pregnant so I doubt that she is wearing SPANX...however the dress is too tigh for her condition...

There are maternity Spanx styles, you know.

princess carmen 10-27-2015 10:58 AM

She doesn't have a condition she is pregnant. It was probably bought before she started to show so now fits snug .

Madame Verseau 10-27-2015 11:00 PM

It's time for Sofia to break down and get maternity clothes. Victoria attended an event where she couldn't button the last button on her jacket because of her pregnancy (and it didn't look good).

Duke of Marmalade 11-26-2015 03:40 AM

Global Child Forum @ The Royal Palace
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...23556100_o.jpg

Nice Nofret 11-26-2015 04:55 AM

That is a great jacket / Blouse

eya 11-26-2015 05:23 AM

I don't like her look at all. Something does not fit maybe the boots i don't know :ermm:

antonieta 11-26-2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 1842390)
I don't like her look at all. Something does not fit maybe the boots i don't know :ermm:

Or maybe the pants?!

Duke of Marmalade 11-26-2015 07:21 AM

Something is off about this look, maybe too casual. I don't like the top
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...-sofia-ste.jpg
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...silvia-ibl.jpg

princess carmen 11-26-2015 11:34 AM

I like her blouse either she needed narrower pants or different shoes.

hernameispekka 11-26-2015 11:58 AM

I love her top! Very modern but still professional. And it accomodates this awkward stage of pregnancy :) Something is off with the pants and the shoes doesn't fit with it either, in my opinion.

Frelinghighness 11-26-2015 12:00 PM

very nice modern look, great color

MissP 11-26-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hernameispekka (Post 1842487)
I love her top! Very modern but still professional. And it accomodates this awkward stage of pregnancy :) Something is off with the pants and the shoes doesn't fit with it either, in my opinion.

:previous:
Logged in to comment but this sums it up better than I could!

Jacknch 11-26-2015 02:32 PM

The top is lovely and the colour suits Sofia so well. I don't like the clunky trousers and shoes though.

SnowBirds 11-26-2015 02:44 PM

PS pants are too short for those shoes that she is wearing and the crotch area of the pants seem like it was sown wrong, these are not good pants for anyone. The top, it is modern yes, and professional I think, just not what I would spend money. It is lopsided and to me that looks like one side is bigger then the other. I do like her hair back off her face and the make-up was soft and suits her. jmp, yet she is a very pretty girl.

Marty91charmed 11-26-2015 03:09 PM

I only like the color of the top. It is not bad but I think it is not flattering on her: Sofia looks too wrapped up.Agreed on the pants.

Danishla 11-26-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1842548)
I only like the color of the top. It is not bad but I think it is not flattering on her: Sofia looks too wrapped up.Agreed on the pants.

The blouse looks good on her, it's the trousers and boots that ruin the outfit . . . too short and too tight :ermm:

rominet09 11-26-2015 06:44 PM

Pants a little too short imo...but the top is quite beautiful !

Curryong 11-26-2015 08:27 PM

I love the colour green of the top, and like the style. I agree with everyone that the pants were too short. Sometimes, if a little pot has developed on the tummy, that can pull the legs of pants up a bit!

MARG 11-26-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1842408)
Something is off about this look, maybe too casual. I don't like the top
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...-sofia-ste.jpg
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...silvia-ibl.jpg

I have to admit I like the colour and design of her top. It is graceful without being too out there or screaming 'I'm pregnant'. It neither hides nor disguises but is just a lovely item of clothing.

The trousers, however, are a whole other deal. They seem too snuggly cut around the top of the leg/crotch area, with creases pulling and showing their lack of fit and the tapered legs were cut far too short at the boots leaving a really clunky look. I think Sofia's boots wouldn't have mattered at all had she worn trousers that fit and fell straight leaving us to see boot toes and heels.

Princess of Durham 11-26-2015 09:22 PM

Love the top, very nice. The pants needed to be longer and I absolutely hate the shoes/boots (on anyone, at anytime, at any place).

Duke of Marmalade 11-27-2015 01:02 AM

Charity Dinner for PP
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...lip-Sofia1.png

Marty91charmed 11-27-2015 06:15 AM

I don't understand why Sofia dressed herself first like she was seven months pregnat, and now as if she weren't pregnant at all... Maybe in the fourth month is difficult to cope with the body changing...

Madame Verseau 11-27-2015 06:32 AM

Top is nice, pants look sprayed on. Sofia doesn't look pregnant, which is probably spiking the stories in magazines "is Victoria having twins"?

Marty91charmed 11-27-2015 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danishla (Post 1842615)
The blouse looks good on her, it's the trousers and boots that ruin the outfit . . . too short and too tight :ermm:

I don't mind the boots as they are at least not tacky and look professionals. I think that blouse is more suited for a woman who is in an advance stage of a pregnancy!

MARG 11-27-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1842710)
I don't understand why Sofia dressed herself first like she was seven months pregnat, and now as if she weren't pregnant at all... Maybe in the fourth month is difficult to cope with the body changing...

Not too sure if you are referring to her green and black ensemble, but if so, she really does look pregnant.

In the group shot it is hard to see because of the draping of the green top. However, the following two shots speak for themselves.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vVQfTN_QiH...4-1024x680.png

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2vCk5xY4QO...sofia-ste1.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0SBrj90Upz.../sofia-ao1.jpg

Madame Verseau 11-27-2015 11:58 PM

The top looks like is cut for any woman to wear, like one size fits all (or most). The top is not even described as maternity: Drape detail A-line top
Sofia is just going up a size, and apparently doesn't want to buy maternity clothes. ...

SnowBirds 11-28-2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1842673)

Now that is one very beautiful coat, I really like it and wish it hung in my closet. The fabric from what I see is extremely nice, a good thick black wool anytime if perfect.

JR76 11-28-2015 01:01 AM

Sofia's dress at thursday's Project Playground dinner

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CU3svDzU...jpg&name=large

MARG 11-28-2015 01:02 AM

Judging by the lovely dress she wore on Thursday, it does not look like Sofia has much of worry about "maternity" clothes as yet.

Bine221 11-28-2015 01:11 AM

I guess, that she is having a "belly-bump" problem at the moment.
In this stage of her pregnancy the "normal" dresses are already too small around the waist, but for the "real" maternity dresses the belly is not yet big enough.
So for the moment A-dresses would be the most suitable option.
And: this "little interim problem" will dissapear in a short timeframe :whistling::rofl::lol: ... in some weeks she will be able to wear "real" maternity dresses....
BYe Bine

JR76 11-28-2015 01:14 AM

Overall she looks lovely - beautiful dress, nice hair and makeup, sweet smile. One of her best looks so far in my opinion.

SnowBirds 11-28-2015 02:47 AM

Now that is one of her better looks, I love the dress, in fact it is perfect on her. The color, the length, the pattern of the lace looks great in this color, the long sleeves look elegant, the hair pushed back on one side is nice for it shows her face and the make-up is soft so what is wrong, that thing hanging from her ear. What is it? :ohmy: Is that an earring of some kind? Her coat she wore coming in was perfect and now the dress, the dark hose and the shoes, very well done! Now get rid of that earring please and put in small diamond studs.

quest 11-28-2015 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowBirds (Post 1842945)
Now that is one of her better looks, I love the dress, in fact it is perfect on her. The color, the length, the pattern of the lace looks great in this color, the long sleeves look elegant, the hair pushed back on one side is nice for it shows her face and the make-up is soft so what is wrong, that thing hanging from her ear. What is it? :ohmy: Is that an earring of some kind? Her coat she wore coming in was perfect and now the dress, the dark hose and the shoes, very well done! Now get rid of that earring please and put in small diamond studs.

earrings there are those mrsmi.se - handgjorda smycken i silver!

agree with you on everything, and diamond earrings were perfect, it is true, :smile:

eya 11-28-2015 03:20 AM

Vey very beautiful appearance of the Sofia . Dress , hair and especially i love the coat.

Marty91charmed 11-28-2015 08:56 AM

Lovely dress this time! I even liked how the hair was styled! I think Sofia can still wear non-maternity outifits as she isn't showing at all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1842920)
Not too sure if you are referring to her green and black ensemble, but if so, she really does look pregnant.

In the group shot it is hard to see because of the draping of the green top. However, the following two shots speak for themselves.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vVQfTN_QiH...4-1024x680.png

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2vCk5xY4QO...sofia-ste1.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0SBrj90Upz.../sofia-ao1.jpg

Yes I was referring to the gree top! I think it made her look huge, which she isn't at the moment. The black dress she wore at the night PP's auction was much more flattering, since she is barely showing for being in 4,5 months IMO.

Lady Nimue 11-28-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR76 (Post 1842928)
Sofia's dress at thursday's Project Playground dinner.

Sofia is glowing. :flowers: They both look comfortable and settled. Very happy for them.

Roslyn 11-28-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quest (Post 1842943)
never noticed the inspiration of kardashian, but you inspired bull**** journalists, apparently,

Grrrrrrrrrrr! I am SO sick of the name "Kardashian". /rant

No clothing choice Sofia has made so far make me think she's likely to swathe her pregnant body in tight clothing like a Kardashian. (And if she ever seems to be heading that way, I hope someone stops her before she gets out the door.)

casualfan 11-28-2015 05:43 PM

This look is perfect!! How cute!!

rominet09 11-28-2015 06:14 PM

Lovely blue dress, very handsome couple !

princess carmen 11-28-2015 06:21 PM

She looks very nice they look happy good for them.

JessRulz 11-29-2015 04:07 AM

Posts on supposed "Kardashian style copying" have been removed, as they have been deemed off-topic and only furthering of certain agendas.

Florestane 11-29-2015 04:16 AM

Love the outfit for the Project Playground function.

Her_Majesty 11-29-2015 05:40 AM

"Princess Sofia with the football team in Botkyrk" - nice casual look:
https://www.instagram.com/p/-oYUsVH2n0/

Pranter 11-29-2015 10:09 AM

You can definatly tell she's pregnant in that stripped shirt!

LaRae

Duke of Marmalade 11-29-2015 10:56 AM

The black lace dress is one of Sofia's better evening outfits. No Las Vegas here!

Better pictures. Much better outfit than last year.

https://media.shootitlive.com/4FsTGob...expressen/2105
https://media.shootitlive.com/NQpPD6F...expressen/2105
https://media.shootitlive.com/J2qYsTA...sen/2105%20%A0

red version on a model
https://www.oscardelarenta.com/media/...2_CRD_MAIN.jpg

HRHAmy 12-03-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1843278)
The black lace dress is one of Sofia's better evening outfits. No Las Vegas here!

I agree although I would've liked to see some bling with the earrings. These silver things are ok for daytime but she could've dressed it up with some diamonds for a evening event.

LadyFinn 12-04-2015 07:56 AM

The black lace dress is from "& Other Stories", which belongs to H&M Group.
Sofia i & Other Stories _ Kungliga modebloggen

GömdNatt 12-10-2015 12:36 PM

Sofia's gown tonight is by Oscar de la Renta and costs almost $9,000.

Nobel Prize 2015

Marty91charmed 12-10-2015 12:39 PM

I can't comment on the price as I want to see the price tag of the dresses of the other ladies! Sofia looks lovely tonight from what I could see... I only am not sure about the color... It is too somber for such a festive day!

LadyFinn 12-10-2015 01:36 PM

It is better than last year, definitely. But not very good. For that kind of price one should have had a far more beautiful dress. The top part is okay but the skirt part with the flowers ruins the dress. And once again she doesn't have her sash well put.
Can't she look at the mirror when she puts a brooch to her sash?
https://media.shootitlive.com/LlRgM2j...expressen/2105

xenobia 12-10-2015 01:45 PM

I think her dress is very pretty and definitely more low-key than last year. She looks wonderful. But I preferred the hairstyle she had last year.

quest 12-10-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1846495)
It is better than last year, definitely. But not very good. For that kind of price one should have had a far more beautiful dress. The top part is okay but the skirt part with the flowers ruins the dress. And once again she doesn't have her sash well put.

I do not mind that the comment is dictated according to the wearer, but at least see the work on this dress,