The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 - December 2015 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/general-news-about-frederik-mary-and-family-part-14-september-2015-december-2015-a-39119.html)

dazzling 09-01-2015 04:47 PM

General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 - December 2015
 
* *

Welcome to Part 14 of the thread for General News about Frederik, Mary and Family!

You can find the old thread here:

** General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 13: July 2014 - September 2015 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!



∑ Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
∑ No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
∑ It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
∑ We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
∑ Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
∑ Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
∑ Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Roskilde 09-06-2015 05:07 PM

Just a little little guess. With Frederik and Mary not participate in the official Flag Day this weekend (Prince Joachim instead) and no other official events - and with the knowledge that Mary's father John Donaldson had birthday yesterday - maybe the CP family during the weekend has been a quick trip to France to celebrate him. No, I don't know, just a little thought I made myself. John Donaldson btw could celebrate his 74th year birthday.

Let's have a nice picture of father and daughter:
https://a.bimg.dk/node-images/490/620...onaldson--.jpg

And some of the latest pictures of John Donaldson - looking proudly at his daugther to Queen Margrethes 75th birthday some months ago:
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...dc&oe=566D445B
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4c&oe=565F6DF3
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...dc&oe=56704741

dazzling 09-06-2015 05:12 PM

Good point!
I did find it a bit weird that they didn't participate in flag day but then I guess they left it for other members to attend. I didn't realize it was her fathers birthday.

Muhler 09-11-2015 07:02 AM

I'll place this here even though it doesn't involve M&F directly. But it's all due to them.
Ny Aros-festival aflÝser Suclpture by the Sea - Lokalavisen Aarhus

The Sculpture by the Sea is an Australian concept that has now been exported to DK with a huge success!
The three biannual exhibitions along the bay of Aarhus so far have been crowd magnets and enabled not least Australian artists an opportunity to exhibit for an audience they might otherwise not have encountered.
The number of people officially being estimated seeing the exhibitions have on all three occasions been around 600.000. Considering that the population of Aarhus is some 300.000 and there 5.6 million living in DK that's a pretty fair crowd!

As you know it was M&F who were behind bringing Sculpture by the Sea to DK.
Anyway, as with all concepts it's now time to evolve.

Planned to take place every three years, the concept of exhibiting art along the coast will still remain, but will now be supplemented with temporary exhibitions all over the city. (Oh yes, we know how to attract tourists :biggrin:) Called The Garden this exhibition will first be presented in 2017, when Aarhus becomes the European Art Capital of the Year. - And then every three years from then on.

I can almost guarantee a DRF presence. You'd have to tie QMII down with heavy chains to keep her away! But I personally expect M&F to be there as well, due to Frederik's close affiliation with Aarhus.

Nordic 09-11-2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1818668)
I can almost guarantee a DRF presence. You'd have to tie QMII down with heavy chains to keep her away! But I personally expect M&F to be there as well, due to Frederik's close affiliation with Aarhus.

And more importantly, due to F&M being patrons of Sculpture by the Sea.

FasterB 09-13-2015 12:19 PM

Looks like the danish CPC an their children are in Norway :) :) :)

https://www.facebook.com/Kongehuset/...type=1&fref=nf

Daria_S 09-13-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FasterB (Post 1819416)
Looks like the danish CPC an their children are in Norway :) :) :)

https://www.facebook.com/Kongehuset/...type=1&fref=nf

What a lovely photo! It's a.ways nice to get a group shot with the children.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Claude 09-13-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FasterB (Post 1819416)
Looks like the danish CPC an their children are in Norway :) :) :)

https://www.facebook.com/Kongehuset/...type=1&fref=nf

LOL everybody's in Norway, I spy Danes, Swedes, Luxembourgers and of course Norwegians!

That is such a cool photo, does anyone know what brought them together?'

ETA:
Seems like a party thrown by Haakon and Mette-Marit.

Muhler 09-13-2015 02:36 PM

Where is Daniel? Did he take the picture?

Cris M 09-13-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1819468)
Where is Daniel? Did he take the picture?

He was down with a cold.

Moonmaiden23 09-13-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria_S (Post 1819447)
What a lovely photo! It's a.ways nice to get a group shot with the children.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app


It is lovely, just like any group of young couples getting together with their children. Only these particular young couples will each one day be king or queen.(Or in the case of Guillaume and Stephanie Grand Duke and Grand Duchess!);)

minstrel2010 09-13-2015 03:22 PM

Nice to think they are all such good friends


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Princess Robijn 09-13-2015 03:30 PM

They look great. I wonder if there was a meeting last year.

eya 09-13-2015 03:32 PM

I guess not. Otherwise they would have also published a photo as this year or 2013?

polyesco 09-13-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FasterB (Post 1819416)
Looks like the danish CPC an their children are in Norway :) :) :)

https://www.facebook.com/Kongehuset/...type=1&fref=nf

What a lovely photo . I had been waiting for a photo of the kids together.

Roskilde 09-13-2015 04:11 PM

Large HQ picture from the Danish Royal Court:
https://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/...og-i-norge.img


What a lovely and relaxed picture!

Great to see the Crown Prince families obviously have a close relationship - they can understand each other like no other in this world can.

All the children are adorable, and man, I would love to had been a fly on the wall with the three bubbly and lively toddlers Vincent and Josephine and Estelle :wub:

(And looking at the picture; Well done Frederik and Mary, they have been productive :tongue: More than half of the children in the picture are Frederik's and Mary's :biggrin:)

polyesco 09-13-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1819516)
Large HQ picture from the Danish Royal Court:
https://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/...og-i-norge.img


What a lovely and relaxed picture!

Great to see the Crown Prince families obviously have a close relationship - they can understand each other like no other in this world can.

All the children are adorable, and man, I would love to had been a fly on the wall with the three bubbly and lively toddlers Vincent and Josephine and Estelle :wub:

(And looking at the picture; Well done Frederik and Mary, they have been productive :tongue: More than half of the children in the picture are Frederik's and Mary's :biggrin:)


:biggrin: it's a danish takeover lol.
Very relax atmosphere that I'm sure the couples look forward to. No one like them to know the highs and lows of their positions.

Imagining the three Estelle Josephine and Vincent makes me lol.
And Ingrid , Sverre and Christian and Isabella are similar age so I'm sure they had fun as well.
Recently I saw a picture of a young Frederik pushing young Haakon on a sled. It was a cute photo and lovely to see the friendship had continued.

Now that I remember early this year when Frederik and Haakon did the event together about the underwater cable connecting the two countries , Haakon mentioned something about inviting Frederik and family to their cabin

MidwestMom 09-13-2015 11:33 PM

Fred, Haakon, and Victoria are cousins, so that makes for a large extended family. Except for Guillaume and Stephanie, they are all related in one way or another. G & S are the only childless couple there. I'm sure Luxembourgers are expecting them to have a family. But their reasons are their own, so I hope they're not being pressured too much.

grevinnan 09-13-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwestMom (Post 1819639)
Fred, Haakon, and Victoria are cousins, so that makes for a large extended family. Except for Guillaume and Stephanie, they are all related in one way or another. G & S are the only childless couple there. I'm sure Luxembourgers are expecting them to have a family. But their reasons are their own, so I hope they're not being pressured too much.

Fred, Haakon and Victoria are not cousins. Fred's maternal grandmother and Victoria's paternal grandfather were siblings. Consequently Fred's mother and Victoria's father are cousins. The relationship between them and Haakon is even more distant.

MidwestMom 09-14-2015 08:53 AM

:previous: Sorry - I stand corrected. :flowers:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises