The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   British Royals (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   State Visit from the President of China: October 20-23, 2015 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/state-visit-from-the-president-of-china-october-20-23-2015-a-39061.html)

carlota 08-17-2015 03:05 PM

State Visit from the President of China: October 20-23, 2015
 
a thread about the upcoming State Visit by the President of the People's Republic of China: October 2015

W+K are expected to take part in their first state dinner

https://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...licofChin.aspx

Xi Jinping to make state visit to Britain as UK-China ties warm - Telegraph

Britain to host state visit of Chinese President Xi in October | Reuters

Chinese president Xi Jinping to visit Britain | World news | The Guardian

Dman 08-17-2015 03:48 PM

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah Aug 16
My @thesundaytimes story on Prince Charles' plans to offer China a diplomatic olive branch at October's State Visit
https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...40038813319168

Dman 08-19-2015 02:24 AM

Kate Middleton to wear a tiara as she attends her first state banquet-
Kate Middleton to wear a tiara as she attends her first state banquet

ROYAL NORWAY 08-19-2015 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1811425)
Kate Middleton to wear a tiara as she attends her first state banquet-
Kate Middleton to wear a tiara as she attends her first state banquet

Quote:

Her attendance has not yet been confirmed, but it is widely believed that Kate and William will make an appearance.
We must remember this. It's not been confirmed that they will participate.

carlota 08-19-2015 10:49 AM

there's some big implications for britain on this visit. the chinese and brits are in talks for some huge investment from china in UK, so my guess is that we will see much more pomp and circumstance in this visit than in the recent visit from mexico. in my opinion, that includes high ranking royals attending, so i believe we have a good chance of seeing W+K.

Marty91charmed 08-19-2015 04:00 PM

But, has this visit at least officially announced? I guess there isn't much to say until more details come out...

ROYAL NORWAY 08-19-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1811582)
But, has this visit at least officially announced? I guess there isn't much to say until more details come out...

This is all we know.

https://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...licofChin.aspx

Dman 08-19-2015 05:48 PM

More details will be released more closer to the time of the event.

ROYAL NORWAY 08-19-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1811611)
More details will be released more closer to the time of the event.

Yes, I know.

Tiggersk8 08-19-2015 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY (Post 1811616)
Yes, I know.


I don't think you were who she was referring to. There was a question asked in the post before yours if the Visit has been officially confirmed.

Although it's good to know you know it's been confirmed. :)


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Rudolph 09-28-2015 08:22 AM

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE COMMUNICATIONS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN

The President of The People’s Republic of China, Mr Xi Jinping, accompanied by Madame Peng Liyuan, has accepted an invitation from Her Majesty The Queen to pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom from 20th to 23rd October 2015.

https://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...licofChin.aspx

muriel 09-29-2015 05:16 AM

I do hope the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall fully take part in the state visit, as they usually do for visiting guests.

hernameispekka 09-29-2015 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1824728)
I do hope the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall fully take part in the state visit, as they usually do for visiting guests.

Appearantly, rumour says they will be welcoming the visitors but be replaced with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the banquet. Still just rumor though, but it makes sense that at least D&DofCam will be there, I don't know how it will be with PoW and DoCorn.

Osipi 09-29-2015 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hernameispekka (Post 1824730)
Appearantly, rumour says they will be welcoming the visitors but be replaced with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the banquet. Still just rumor though, but it makes sense that at least D&DofCam will be there, I don't know how it will be with PoW and DoCorn.

Perhaps, with Charles' well known friendship with the Dalai Lama and having some issues with Chinese human rights, being there to welcome the Chinese representatives is a subtle way to show that although he may not agree with some things, he can put that behind him when it comes to state matters. Having Will and Kate at the state banquet makes so much sense as Will has already started to form a good working relationship from his visit to China earlier this year.

I see it as a win/win situation.

hernameispekka 09-29-2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1824731)
Perhaps, with Charles' well known friendship with the Dalai Lama and having some issues with Chinese human rights, being there to welcome the Chinese representatives is a subtle way to show that although he may not agree with some things, he can put that behind him when it comes to state matters. Having Will and Kate at the state banquet makes so much sense as Will has already started to form a good working relationship from his visit to China earlier this year.

I see it as a win/win situation.

Exactly! I mean... they need someone to build that relationship since the Queen (sadly) won't be here forever. So I think it will be more sucsessful in the long haul for William to be the main part in thaat relationship since he's more diplomatic than his father.

Mbruno 09-29-2015 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1824729)
I do hope the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall fully take part in the state visit, just as they usually do.

Charles has a history of confrontatiion with the Chinese regime that makes his presence controversial. Although iI personally think the Prince is right in his past reservations about China, it is yet another example of "Charles being political".

hernameispekka 09-29-2015 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1824738)
Charles has a history of confrontatiion with the Chinese regime that makes his presence controversial. Although iI personally think the Prince is right in his past reservations about China, it is yet another example of "Charles being political".

Exactly. This is not a question about if he's right or not. The royal family are used by the government as lure candy and olive branches, which is a big part of their job. The queen have smilingly shaked hands with ALOT of bad people, in an effort to smooth roads for the government. Both William and Charles have their problems, but as I see it, William is better at the "appearing non-threatening" part that is needed in these cases.

Tilia C. 09-29-2015 07:40 AM

Imo Prince Charles is professional enough to deal appropriately with the Chinese President and delegation in a diplomatic and official situation. And the Chinese President knows that many in the Western world are unhappy about the human rights situation in China. So expect him too to be able to deal with a diplomatic situation where he is to meet Prince Charles.

As much as I'd like to see the Cambridges at the visit, until now it's all rumours. I won't believe it until I see their attendance announced on the official calendar.

hernameispekka 09-29-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1824759)
Imo Prince Charles is professional enough to deal appropriately with the Chinese President and delegation in a diplomatic and official situation. And the Chinese President knows that many in the Western world are unhappy about the human rights situation in China. So expect him too to be able to deal with a diplomatic situation where he is to meet Prince Charles.

As much as I'd like to see the Cambridges at the visit, until now it's all rumours. I won't believe it until I see their attendance announced on the official calendar.

I think as well that he will be able to handle it face to face with them! I just think with the baggage, it can be a bit hard. But I mean... he managed to be in the same place as Putin after comparing him to Hitler... so :P

hernameispekka 09-29-2015 08:28 AM

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Presidents of USA & China have made a joint commitment to combat wildlife trafficking incl. bans on ivory sales https://1.usa.gov/1iQkyJt

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke raised the issue of the fight against the Illegal Wildlife Trade with Xi and @POTUS in the past year

Kensington palace just posted this. I don't know if this would be the right place to post it... so jusst move it if I'm wrong. But I have a hunch this will have something to do with the state visit.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises