The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Family of Belgium (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   Titles of the Belgian Royal Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f29/titles-of-the-belgian-royal-family-38975.html)

leidi 07-28-2015 05:12 PM

Le prince Amedeo a renoncé à sa place dans l'ordre de succession au trône - La Libre.be

According to this, by not asking permission to marry, Amedeo gave up his sucession rights, he doesn't want to do official acts and live under scrutiny, that's why Elisabetta was never created a Princess of Belgium but she's an Archduchess due to Amedeo's paternal titles.

rominet09 07-28-2015 06:26 PM

What amazes me is that the papers have been so long to realize.... not a new fact I think !

Blog Real 07-28-2015 06:35 PM

I like Amedeo. I am sorry that it is outside the line of succession. :sad:

An Ard Ri 07-28-2015 06:37 PM

Would it be correct to style Elisabetta 'HI&RH Archduchess of Austria-Este' seeing as she was not made a Princess of Belgium?

Al_bina 07-28-2015 06:38 PM

Prince Amedeo knew what he was doing. If he decided not to seek a formal approval of his spouse, there had to be a reason for that. The Belgian royal family has enough people in the succession line. Given attempts to streamline the royal family, King Phillipe's children are the nucleus of the succession line.

Is there a reason to remove Prince Laurent's children from the succession line? Does the Belgian government intend to do so?

Blog Real 07-28-2015 06:47 PM

And now we will still see less often Amedeo and Lili. :sad:

Marengo 07-29-2015 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1805425)


Is there a reason to remove Prince Laurent's children from the succession line? Does the Belgian government intend to do so?

There is no direct reason at this point, apart from the streamlining you mention. The children of Laurent are further down the line. So if Amedeo was asked not to seek approval, I suppose we can assume something similar will happen for the others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri
Would it be correct to style Elisabetta 'HI&RH Archduchess of Austria-Este' seeing as she was not made a Princess of Belgium?

Mathilde, Lorenz and Claire were all created prince(ss) in their own right. This did not happen with Elisabetta. But she can still use her husbands titles, like many wives do (like Princess Alexandre / Lea Wolman).





Of course if she will actually use that name/title is unknown. Neither has the court given any clarity on the matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rominet
What amazes me is that the papers have been so long to realize.... not a new fact I think !

The issue was discussed a few days ago at the BRMB. Perhaps the newspaper got inspired there. It happens more often that royalty forums are used by journalists for inspiration for articles or topics.

maria-olivia 07-29-2015 06:02 AM

They will continue the Habsbourg Este , Prince Lorenz is the head of.

Amedeo is working and wants free life . The Government never gave the tittle of Princess of Belgium to Lilli.

When his father Prince Lorenz married the King's Niece , Philippe and Laurent were still unmarried and Astrid was N° 2 , it was King Baudouin's will.

leidi 07-29-2015 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1805502)
They will continue the Habsbourg Este , Prince Lorenz is the head of.

Amedeo is working and wants free life . The Government never gave the tittle of Princess of Belgium to Lilli.

When his father Prince Lorenz married the King's Niece , Philippe and Laurent were still unmarried and Astrid was N° 2 , it was King Baudouin's will.

Wasn't the law changed in 1991? I remember that when Astrid got married in 1984, Laurent was still ahead of her in the sucession line and it was one of the reasons why Baudouin pushed for a change in the law, to keep that loose cannon as far away from the throne as possible.

Mbruno 07-29-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leidi (Post 1805410)
Le prince Amedeo a renoncé à sa place dans l'ordre de succession au trône - La Libre.be

According to this, by not asking permission to marry, Amedeo gave up his sucession rights, he doesn't want to do official acts and live under scrutiny, that's why Elisabetta was never created a Princess of Belgium but she's an Archduchess due to Amedeo's paternal titles.


Now that Amedeo is no longer in the line of succession, the logical next step would be for him and his wife not to live in any Crown estate in the Royal Domain of Laeken. Let's see if he will do that.

leidi 07-29-2015 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1805505)
Now that Amedeo is no longer in the line of succession, the logical next step would be for him and his wife not to live in any Crown estate in the Royal Domain of Laeken. Let's see if he will do that.

I guess he could live in his parents' villa but not get one for him & Lili alone, right?

Mbruno 07-29-2015 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leidi (Post 1805508)
I guess he could live in his parents' villa but not get one for him & Lili alone, right?

The problem is that, as far as I understand, it is not "his parents' villa". It is Crown property made permanently available to members of the Royal Family (a settlement that was reached when the family transferred ownership of the Royal Domain to the State).

I suppose Amedeo is still part of the family, but I think living in Crown property should be a perk available only to people in the line of succession , or former monarchs (upon abdication) and/or their wives/widows. Otherwise, it looks like one wants all the benefits of being a royal without the obligations that come with it. That is only my personal opinion though.

Stefan 07-29-2015 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leidi (Post 1805508)
I guess he could live in his parents' villa but not get one for him & Lili alone, right?

Perhaps if he is paying rent for it.

Duc_et_Pair 07-29-2015 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1805424)
Would it be correct to style Elisabetta 'HI&RH Archduchess of Austria-Este' seeing as she was not made a Princess of Belgium?

Donna Elisabetta herself is created nothing. She can be addressed with her spouse's titles: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Elisabetta of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria and Princess of Hungary. Like any Belgian lady who marries a Prince, a Duke, a Marquess, a Count, a Viscount, a Baron can be addressed with her spouse's title.

:flowers:

Duc_et_Pair 07-29-2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1805510)
Perhaps if he is paying rent for it.

Yes, the Donation Royale has LOTS of properties and most of these are rented out. If it can be rented to mr X or mrs Y, it can be rented out too to Prince Amedeo of Belgium, of course.

:flowers:

Duc_et_Pair 07-29-2015 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leidi (Post 1805504)
Wasn't the law changed in 1991? I remember that when Astrid got married in 1984, Laurent was still ahead of her in the sucession line and it was one of the reasons why Baudouin pushed for a change in the law, to keep that loose cannon as far away from the throne as possible.

Yes, back then Prince Philippe and Prince Laurent were unmarried. The Royal House was much smaller and indeed, Laurent was number three after his father and his elder brother.

maria-olivia 07-29-2015 09:47 AM

King Albert Ii said in his interview with Pascal Vrebos that Amadeo bought a house , work and lives in Belgium.
He is independant , free has nothing to do with the Royal Donation and will never move to his parent's house.
I wonder how this comes out now through Story.

maria-olivia 07-29-2015 09:50 AM

I don't remember when Archuke Lorenz was titled Prince of Belgium ?

They are Leurs Altesses Impériales et Royales l'Archiduc et l'Archiduchesse Amadeo de Habsbourg-Este.

Stefan 07-29-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1805534)
I don't remember when Archuke Lorenz was titled Prince of Belgium ?

They are Leurs Altesses Impériales et Royales l'Archiduc et l'Archiduchesse Amadeo de Habsbourg-Este.

Lorenz was created Prince of Belgium on 10.11.1995 so four years after his children.

rominet09 07-29-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1805533)
King Albert Ii said in his interview with Pascal Vrebos that Amadeo bought a house , work and lives in Belgium.
He is independant , free has nothing to do with the Royal Donation and will never move to his parent's house.
I wonder how this comes out now through Story.

Well July and August are empty months they have to fill :lol:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises