The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Family of Spain (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2014 - 2016 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/spanish-royal-family-summer-holidays-2014-2016-a-38882.html)

lula 07-11-2014 03:12 PM

Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2014 - 2016

The Royal House has confirmed that King Felipe, Queen Letizia and their daughters will have a few days of holidays in Mallorca in early August

Los Reyes pasarán unos días en Palma a primeros de agosto

kathia_sophia 07-11-2014 07:17 PM

I'm happy to hear about it. I thought as a new King and Queen they wouldn't be able to go since their agenda is a full pack now.

So hopefull we'll get a photoshoot on that very few days of holiday.

dazzling 07-12-2014 02:38 AM

It's great that they can go on holiday for a few days. I wonder if in the coming years they will start going on summer vacations elsewhere and break from the usual Mallorca.

I also wonder who from the family will be joining them or if they will travel to Mallorca later in the month.

An Ard Ri 07-12-2014 01:27 PM

Hola

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...ones-mallorca/

An Ard Ri 07-12-2014 01:27 PM

Hola

Los Reyes disfrutarán de unos días de descanso en Palma de Mallorca con sus hijas

lula 07-16-2014 04:07 AM

Queen Sofía arrived to Mallorca

La Reina Sofía, puntual a su cita con la isla - Diario de Mallorca

An Ard Ri 07-18-2014 06:59 AM

Hola - H.M.Queen Sofia

Doña Sofía, la primera en pisar tierra mallorquina

An Ard Ri 07-19-2014 03:05 PM

Queen Sofia & her sister,Princess Irene in Mallorca.

La Reina Sof?a, fiel a Mallorca, ya est? en Marivent | loc | EL MUNDO

GracieGiraffe 07-19-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1685463)
It's great that they can go on holiday for a few days. I wonder if in the coming years they will start going on summer vacations elsewhere and break from the usual Mallorca.

I also wonder who from the family will be joining them or if they will travel to Mallorca later in the month.

It can't be much of a vacation if the entire family extended family shows up, especially with their white elephant over in Geneva.

An Ard Ri 07-23-2014 03:04 PM

As per Bekia,the King,Queen and daughters will be in Palma de Mallorca for a week from August 5th to the 12th

Los Reyes Felipe y Letizia y sus hijas estarán en Mallorca entre el 5 y el 12 de agosto - Bekia

An Ard Ri 07-25-2014 06:28 AM

Queen Sofia's grandchildren to holiday in Palma as per Vanitatis

Habemus foto de familia en Palma: Doña Sofía une a los Urdangarin y los Marichalar - Noticias de Casas Reales

GracieGiraffe 07-25-2014 02:21 PM

Sonria! Sonria para las cameras! :tongue:

An Ard Ri 07-25-2014 04:56 PM

I thought Queen Sofia would be spending more time in Greece with her sister and brother this summer now that she has the time to do so.

Alondra 07-26-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1687495)
It can't be much of a vacation if the entire family extended family shows up, especially with their white elephant over in Geneva.

Majorca has been, for a long time, more working agenda than vacation for them. The press has been very insistent that Cabo de Gata in Almeria could be the destination for their "real holidays". This is the place where CP Victoria, Daniel and little Estelle went for a few days in Easter last year.

Los Reyes se fijan en el Parque Cabo de Gata para pasar sus vacaciones

Almería compite con Mallorca por las vacaciones de los Reyes - Diario de Mallorca

Cabo de Gata - Nijar Natural Park Reviews - Almeria, Province of Almeria Attractions - TripAdvisor

LadyFinn 07-26-2014 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alondra (Post 1689818)
Majorca has been, for a long time, more working agenda than vacation for them. The press has been very insistent that Cabo de Gata in Almeria could be the destination for their "real holidays". This is the place where CP Victoria, Daniel and little Estelle went for a few days in Easter last year.

Almería compite con Mallorca por las vacaciones de los Reyes - Diario de Mallorca

Cabo de Gata - Nijar Natural Park Reviews - Almeria, Province of Almeria Attractions - TripAdvisor

Yes, and Victoria and Daniel left home to Sweden earlier than planned since they didn't like the paparazzis following them the whole time.

Alondra 07-26-2014 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1689821)
Yes, and Victoria and Daniel left home to Sweden earlier than planned since they didn't like the paparazzis following them the whole time.

I didn't know that. It may be a negative mark against it for Felipe and Letizia.

An Ard Ri 07-26-2014 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alondra (Post 1689818)

Is there a residence at Cabo de Gata in Almeria?

LadyFinn 07-28-2014 02:23 AM

Felipe, Letizia and their daughters will stay in Son Vent like before when they are in Mallorca. Felipe will use Marivent only for official meetings.
Así es Son Vent, la propiedad ‘convertida’ en la residencia de verano de los reyes

An Ard Ri 07-28-2014 06:15 AM

Thats the first photo I've seen of the villa it looks like a lovely residence,shame its rarely used.

An Ard Ri 07-28-2014 06:22 AM

Queen Sofia with Infanta Elena her children and the children of Infanta Cristina.

Hola

Comienza el verano real en Palma: doña Sofía acompaña a sus nietos a sus clases de vela

Duc_et_Pair 07-28-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1690377)
Thats the first photo I've seen of the villa it looks like a lovely residence,shame its rarely used.

It was a nice villa when it was build, all alone on a top in a remote area. In the meantime it has been totally surrounded by urbanization, leaving little privacy to the members of the royal family. No wonder it is rarely used.

anele14 07-28-2014 07:19 AM

Leonor is here??

Duke of Marmalade 07-28-2014 08:16 AM

Fotografía de familia en Palma de Mallorca sin la presencia de la infanta Cristina - Noticias de Casas Reales

An Ard Ri 07-28-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anele14 (Post 1690396)
Leonor is here??

Not yet,maybe next week.

LadyFinn 07-28-2014 09:46 AM

The Kings split August between Mallorca and Madrid
The Kings have finally decided to settle in the Marivent Palace for just over a week from day 4 or 5 August, in any case, to no more than 15 days. Still a lack of specificity, it is understood that the total length of stay will be closer to 10 days.
The second half of the month king Felipe, queen Letizia and their daughters spend at the Zarzuela Palace. According to sources in the Royal House, the Monarch works in his office. The same sources said that Infanta Cristina will not come to Mallorca this summer.
Los Reyes dividirán agosto entre Mallorca y Madrid España EL MUNDO

Carminha Stalker 07-28-2014 03:11 PM

I´m so happy to see the Queen with her six grandchildren. They all look super and Ireneis a doll!

HereditaryPrincess 07-28-2014 04:49 PM

Thanks for sharing the photos so far. :flowers: It's always good to see Queen Sofia with her grandchildren. I agree Carminha Stalker, little Irene is so adorable. I'll be looking forward to the time when Felipe, Letizia, Leonor and Sofia join their cousins and grandmother on holiday. Since it's been mentioned that Felipe will just use Marivent for meetings, I hope they can still get to do their little photoshoot and not have to work all the time.

carlota 07-28-2014 05:38 PM

this link from 2004, 10 years ago!, has some pictures of son vent, including its interior - which may have been in these years refurbished, as it looks kind of dated as of today...

https://www.hola.com/bodaprincipe/2004/03/08/son_vent/

Carminha Stalker 07-29-2014 06:58 AM

It was touching to see in the video how Irene immediately clung to her grandmother!

Blog Real 07-29-2014 08:16 AM

Comienza el verano real en Palma: doña Sofía acompaña a sus nietos a sus clases de vela

An Ard Ri 07-30-2014 04:00 AM

Queen Sofia and her daughter,Infanta Elena shopping in Palma

La Reina Sofía y la Infanta Elena, de compras en el mercadillo de Artá - elEconomista.es

LadyFinn 07-31-2014 01:33 PM

King Felipe and queen Letizia will give on 7th August a reception for the Balearic authorities at the Royal Palace of La Almudaina.
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Recepción ofrecida a las autoridades de las Illes Balears y a una representación de la sociedad balear

Instead of the dinner king Juan Carlos hosted for max 40 people, Felipe and Letizia want to meet more people, to the reception is invited over 200 people.
Los Reyes se reunirán en Palma con más 200 invitados - Diario de Mallorca

According to El Pais, king Juan Carlos will not come to Mallorca this summer.
Los Reyes recibirán en Palma a empresarios, deportistas y estudiantes Política EL PAÍS

LadyFinn 08-01-2014 04:01 AM

According to Diario de Mallorca, Felipe takes part at the regatta Copa del Rey, possibly on Tuesday or Wednesday. He made his debute at the regatta 30 years ago. And Felipe and Letizia will deliver the prizes on Saturday 9th August.
Felipe VI competirá en la Copa del Rey - Diario de Mallorca

Duc_et_Pair 08-01-2014 04:09 AM

As stated, when the villa was built, it was all alone and surrounded with empty space. The view was on a romantic city with a pittoresque port. In the meantime urbanization and industrialization has swallowed all the open space around the villa. On this picture one can see the silos with concrete again eating pieces of nature, now "next door" aside the villa.

Picture: https://www.periodistadigital.com/ima...5/marivent.jpg

An Ard Ri 08-01-2014 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1691356)

According to El Pais, king Juan Carlos will not come to Mallorca this summer.
Los Reyes recibirán en Palma a empresarios, deportistas y estudiantes Política EL PAÍS

I was wondering if the old king would turn up,hopefully Queen Sofia will still be there when Felipe,Letizia and the girls arrive.

An Ard Ri 08-01-2014 06:31 AM

Bekia

Recepciones, regatas y posados: Así serán las vacaciones de los Reyes Felipe y Letizia y sus hijas en Mallorca - Bekia

An Ard Ri 08-01-2014 12:24 PM

Queen Sofia cheers as her grandchildren conquer the ocean

Queen Sofia cheers as her grandchildren conquer the ocean | Royalista

LadyFinn 08-02-2014 03:39 AM

Spanish Royals at the Calanova Nautic Club Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio

Duke of Marmalade 08-02-2014 05:00 AM

great pictures with grandma! the palma & lugo cousins seem to be a very close bunch.

An Ard Ri 08-02-2014 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1691783)
great pictures with grandma! the palma & lugo cousins seem to be a very close bunch.

Yes they do appear to be close & Cristina's eldest son is shooting up!

An Ard Ri 08-02-2014 05:57 AM

Getty Images

Search - Getty Images IE: ESP: Spanish Royals At The Calanova Nautic Club In Mallorca

fanprincipesasturi 08-02-2014 07:27 AM

The kings receive in Palma entrepreneurs, athletes and students

Los Reyes recibirán en Palma a empresarios, deportistas y estudiantes | Política | EL PAÍS

Blog Real 08-02-2014 08:40 AM

Doña Sofía, una abuela entregada y cariñosa en sus vacaciones

El Mundo: Felipe VI y la Reina Letizia con sus hijas inician su estancia en Mallorca | Baleares | EL MUNDO

anele14 08-02-2014 09:20 AM

Felipe and Letizia are there ?

Duc_et_Pair 08-02-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anele14 (Post 1691823)
Felipe and Letizia are there ?

On Monday August 4th 2014 they will have the first public appearance in Palma de Mallorca.

julia garcia roch 08-02-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanprincipesasturi (Post 1691807)
The kings receive in Palma entrepreneurs, athletes and students

Los Reyes recibirán en Palma a empresarios, deportistas y estudiantes | Política | EL PAÍS

Hi everyone! The translation should be "The King and Queen will receive" instead of "The King and Queen receive".

Carminha Stalker 08-02-2014 04:08 PM

How great to see Queen Sofia with her grandchildren. Those are for me the cutest Spanish Royals. She is a fantastica granny.

rchainho 08-03-2014 07:40 AM

200 people isn't that much? Who's paying: the spanish or the Balears?

biru 08-03-2014 08:37 AM

Irene is so cute. can't wait to see Leonor and Sofia again :D

LadyFinn 08-03-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchainho (Post 1692030)

King Juan Carlos hosted always a dinner for the authorities. This year Felipe hosts a reception.

lucien 08-03-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchainho (Post 1692030)

The Balears ARE Spanish...So it's them ofcourse,whom else.Typical.

An Ard Ri 08-03-2014 12:24 PM

From Bekia

Queen Sofia,Infanta Elena and grandkids

La Reina Sofía y la gran mayoría de sus nietos acuden a la entrega de diplomas de vela de la escuela de Calanova - Bekia

LadyFinn 08-04-2014 12:28 PM

King Felipe came at about five thirty in the afternoon to Palma on a flight directly from Liege, where he attended the commemoration of the centenary of the First World War.
King Felipe, who will spend his first vacation in Mallorca as king, has landed at the airbase of Son Sant Joan to go directly Marivent Palace personally driving his car. Queen Letizia, princess Leonor and infanta Sofia are expected to arrive to the island in the next few hours.
Felipe VI llega a Mallorca para pasar sus primeras vacaciones como Rey » Local » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca

Queen Letizia and the girls arrived shortly after king Felipe.
El rey Felipe VI y la reina Letizia ya están en Mallorca - Diario de Mallorca

lula 08-04-2014 01:02 PM

King Felipe arrives to Mallorca

El Rey Felipe llega a Mallorca - Foto 1

Video

https://www.antena3.com/noticias/espa...080400309.html

Photo shoot today with King Felipe, Queen Letizia, Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía at 8 pm in Marivent Palace

Los Reyes y sus hijas posan hoy en Marivent para reafirmar su apoyo a Balears » Local » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca

fairy tale 08-04-2014 03:31 PM

Pictures also of Letizia and the girls
Felipe y Letizia comienzan sus vacaciones en Mallorca
Google Translation

Marika86 08-04-2014 03:50 PM

"Hola": Los Reyes y sus hijas ya están en Palma de Mallorca

An Ard Ri 08-05-2014 05:20 AM

King Felipe,Queen Letizia and daughters arrive at the Marivent Palace in Palma de Mallorca

Los Reyes Felipe y Letizia, la Princesa Leonor y la Infanta Sofía comienzan sus vacaciones en Mallorca - Bekia

kathia_sophia 08-05-2014 08:53 AM

So the photoshoot will be in the Palace... Well, they are The King and Queen now, it is safer to do indoors with all of the security there.

An Ard Ri 08-05-2014 08:59 AM

Previous photo shoots have taken place on the steps of the Marivent Palace

https://www.lavozlibre.com/userfiles/...2/marivent.jpg

HereditaryPrincess 08-05-2014 12:26 PM

The extra photos of Queen Sofia and her grandchildren are adorable, you can clearly see that she has a special bond with them, although with little Irene in particular I think.

Thanks lula for the information about the King and Queen's little photoshoot with Leonor and Sofia. :flowers: I'm glad that they still get to do it during these busy months. I must admit that I'm a little disappointed that it won't be outside, but it will be interesting to see them inside Marivent. IIRC, the photoshoot for Princess Letizia's fortieth birthday took place inside as well, but at Zarzuela instead.

Duke of Marmalade 08-05-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy tale (Post 1692454)

Letizias sunglasses
Gafas Sol Carrera Carrera 6000 | COMPRAR Gafas Sol Carrera Carrera 6000 BARATAS

LadyFinn 08-05-2014 02:15 PM

First photo, bad quality
Reyes de Mallorca, mallorcadiario
Another
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuS1QJtCUAAmu5F.jpg

Video
El primer posado de Felipe VI y doña Letizia como reyes en Mallorca - Noticias Cultura - INFORMATIVOS

Gallery
Primer posado de los Reyes en Mallorca - La Razón digital
https://i58.tinypic.com/30ju3us.jpg

From Hola
El primer posado de Felipe y Letizia como Reyes en Mallorca

Big gallery with some great photos
080514 Spanish Royals pose for photographers at Marivent Palace - Images jose gegundez photographer

It is nice that they went to greet the photographers
Primer posado del rey Felipe VI, la reina Letizia y sus hijas en Marivent en Diario de Mallorca. Foto 1 de 16
Don Felipe y Doña Letizia, primer posado en Mallorca como Reyes

From Instagram
https://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...26295775_n.jpg

TLLK 08-05-2014 02:50 PM

Still happy to see it though!!!

lula 08-05-2014 04:12 PM

Photos

Spanish Royals Arrive at Palma de Mallorca - Pictures - Zimbio

https://www.rtve.es/mediateca/fotos/2...t/141835.shtml

https://entretenimiento.terra.es/cora...ceb0aRCRD.html

Duke of Marmalade 08-05-2014 04:16 PM

Seems that Sofia has lost her front teeth
https://www.larazon.es/documents/1016....jpg?fmt=mod14

Leonor still sporting her milk teeth, she's late in that department
https://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...DI0825-053.jpg

An Ard Ri 08-05-2014 06:29 PM

From PPE

PPE Agency

I think this is my favourite

https://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...2014%20Majorca

Jacknch 08-05-2014 06:58 PM

I don't think I have ever seen King Felipe looking as good as he does in these pictures - he looks younger to me.....I think being king is good for him!

Fürstin Taxis 08-05-2014 07:05 PM

Compared to last year, Letizia seems so much more relaxed. :flowers:

ANNIE_S 08-05-2014 07:32 PM

Thanks everybody for the pics :flowers:
The family look great, hope they´ll have time for relax.

Love these pics, my little princesses gretting the press like pros :wub:
https://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...6UlUTGruPl.jpg
https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...z-d7oU1Sfl.jpg
https://imagenes.renr.es/resources/jp...7265012860.jpg

GracieGiraffe 08-05-2014 09:36 PM

:previous: Is Sofia now taller than Leonor???

Lady Nimue 08-05-2014 09:59 PM

I love this video! :flowers: The King looks so relaxed. Love his interactions with his wife and children. Especially loved hearing Letizia's mellow, dulcet voice - not for nothing was she a newscaster. Excellent quality voice.

BTW I do like that Letizia dresses the two girls in identical dresses but different colors. I imagine they work hard to create a sense of equality and balance between the two siblings, so as to avoid rivalry, perhaps. I could see these ensembles being viewed by the girls as their 'uniforms' for public events. Total speculation on my part as to why Letizia does this, but my view is she's nipping some to-be-expected interactions in the bud with such a manner of dressing.

Anyway, I like the dresses. :flowers: Also, love Letizia's pants! Love, love them!

LadyFinn 08-05-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1692872)
:previous: Is Sofia now taller than Leonor???

No.
https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...ZHkCBfpaix.jpg

It is great that they decided to return to tradition and this photoshoot in Marivent. On their first year as the King and Queen in Mallorca, it is a good choice. I loved everyone's outfits. They are very good with the media, that everyone of them went and greeted and talked with the photographers was a wise choice. Who would not melt in front of those girls and smiling and relaxed King and Queen.

almee 08-05-2014 11:45 PM

They are such a beautiful family. I never get tired of seeing pictures of them, especially on holiday, where they can be much more relaxed. Thank you to everyone for posting these lovely pictures.

lula 08-06-2014 04:31 AM

Photos

Los Reyes Felipe y Letizia y sus hijas posan en Marivent: Galería en Bekia

Doña Letizia pantalón pijama de Boss Orange para el primer posado real en Marivent | Galería de fotos | Mujerhoy.com

Audience to Mr. Jose Ramon Bauza Diaz, president of the Balearic Islands
Almudaina Royal Palace

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. José Ramón Bauzá Díaz, presidente de las Illes Balears

Audience to Ms. Duran i Margalida Cladera, president of the Parliament of the Balearic Islands

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a Dª Margalida Durán i Cladera, presidenta del Parlamento de las Illes Balears

Audience to Mr. Mateo Isern Estela, Mayor of Palma de Mallorca

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. Mateo Isern Estela, alcalde de Palma de Mallorca

Audience to Ms. Maria Salom Coll, president of the Consell de Mallorca

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a Dª Maria Salom Coll, presidenta del Consell de Mallorca

King Felipe has joined the last race today aboard the Navy ship, Aifos

Felipe VI navega en la Copa del Rey de Vela tras audiencias en la Almudaina - Miercoles, 06 Agosto 2014 (15:24)

Photos

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuXG4mjIMAEJUiF.jpg
https://scontent-a-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/h...74646187_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/h...48&oe=544ADEB8

King Felipe sailing today

080614 33th Copa del Rey Mapfre Sailing Cup - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Spanish Royals in Palma de Mallorca - Pictures - Zimbio

Duke of Marmalade 08-06-2014 05:12 AM

Don Felipe y Doña Letizia, primer posado en Mallorca como Reyes

An Ard Ri 08-06-2014 05:24 AM

The overall atmosphere looked relaxed and happy and wonderful to see Leonor & Sofia.

An Ard Ri 08-06-2014 05:30 AM

Getty Images

Search - Getty Images IE: ESP: Spanish Royals Arrive at Palma de Mallorca

Bekia
Los Reyes Felipe y Letizia posan junto a la Princesa Leonor y la Infanta Sofía en Marivent - Bekia

Duke of Marmalade 08-06-2014 06:56 AM

King Felipe and Queen Letizia cuddle up to their adorable daughters in Mallorca | Mail Online

ANNIE_S 08-06-2014 08:14 AM

:previous: Ugh, DM :ermm: Now I understand the constant complains about that tabloid. What was the point of mentioning Magaluf? It has nothing to do with the topic and the RF is not even close...:bang:

Hola has also a lovely gallery about Princess Leonor :smile: with a video:
Leonor saluda a la prensa por primera vez como Princesa de Asturias

Marty91charmed 08-06-2014 08:15 AM

thye girls have both grow! Leonor is getting really beautiful!

ANNIE_S 08-06-2014 08:18 AM

And another video from Casa Real TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEKI_c7KTgk

Dman 08-06-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1692887)
No.
https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...ZHkCBfpaix.jpg

It is great that they decided to return to tradition and this photoshoot in Marivent. On their first year as the King and Queen in Mallorca, it is a good choice. I loved everyone's outfits. They are very good with the media, that everyone of them went and greeted and talked with the photographers was a wise choice. Who would not melt in front of those girls and smiling and relaxed King and Queen.

When I saw the pictures, I immediately thought of the time and pictures when the Prince & Princess of Wales and their young sons William & Harry used to vacation with the royals at Marivent.

ANNIE_S 08-06-2014 09:23 AM

Yesterday, after the photoshoot, Felipe, Letizia and the girls went to a private dinner in Palma´s city centre:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...84_306x478.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...51_306x478.jpg

(pics from Daily Mail)

An Ard Ri 08-06-2014 09:47 AM

I wonder if Queen Sofia is still in Palma?

ANNIE_S 08-06-2014 09:50 AM

After the audiences of today morning, King Felipe greets people from Almudaina Palace´s balcony (pics by Casa Real):
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuWqsdvIEAA7SkY.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuWqoNQIIAANxgs.jpg:large

Whatever can be said about Felipe, one thing is true: he is the true image of a king ;)

lula 08-06-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1692978)
I wonder if Queen Sofia is still in Palma?

She is in Palma, also infanta Elena and her children were there yesterday

Duke of Marmalade 08-06-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNIE_S (Post 1692949)
:previous: Ugh, DM :ermm: Now I understand the constant complains about that tabloid. What was the point of mentioning Magaluf? It has nothing to do with the topic and the RF is not even close...:bang:

DM is british, 95% of Brits have no idea that Spain has a king. So they try to raise interest by mentioning something that most Brits are able to connect to Spain, eg Magaluf. Sad but true.

LadyFinn 08-06-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1692957)
When I saw the pictures, I immediately thought of the time and pictures when the Prince & Princess of Wales and their young sons William & Harry used to vacation with the royals at Marivent.

I didn't even remember that, I was remembering the photoshoots when Leonor was little.

Felipe today
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...cd&oe=54415EBF
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...85815965_n.jpg

ANNIE_S 08-06-2014 12:41 PM

I came across this lovely pic of Leonor greeting the Press yesterday:

https://ultimahora.es/sfAttachPlugin/...height/600.png

Duc_et_Pair 08-06-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNIE_S (Post 1692980)
After the audiences of today morning, King Felipe greets people from Almudaina Palace´s balcony (pics by Casa Real):
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuWqsdvIEAA7SkY.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuWqoNQIIAANxgs.jpg:large

Whatever can be said about Felipe, one thing is true: he is the true image of a king ;)

And 100% royalborn:

Paternal grandfather:
Don Juan de Borbón y Battenberg, Infante de España

Paternal grandmother:
Donna María de las Mercedes di Borbone-Due Silicie, Princess of the Two Sicilies

Maternal grandfather:
King Paul of the Hellenes, Prince of Greece and Denmark

Maternal grandmother:
Queen Frederica of the Hellenes, Princess of Hannover, Princess of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Duchess of Braunschweig and Lüneburg

:flowers:

An Ard Ri 08-06-2014 06:26 PM

PPE
PPE Agency

Getty Images

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...ones-mallorca/

An Ard Ri 08-06-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNIE_S (Post 1693010)
I came across this lovely pic of Leonor greeting the Press yesterday:

https://ultimahora.es/sfAttachPlugin/...height/600.png

I came across this one from Hola also

Leonor saluda a la prensa por primera vez como Princesa de Asturias

An Ard Ri 08-07-2014 02:27 AM

Hello

King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain on Majorca holiday - hellomagazine.com

HereditaryPrincess 08-07-2014 12:18 PM

The new photos of Felipe, Letizia, Leonor and Sofia are great! The girls are adorable and I think Leonor is starting to look a lot like Letizia now. I think Sofia looks more like the Borbons since I see a lot of Queen Sofia, Juan Carlos and Elena in her. I find it interesting how the greeted the press afterwards, since I don't remember them doing that in previous photoshoots - perhaps it's something they have to do now that Felipe is King.

I particularly love these photos of Leonor and Felipe, Sofia and Felipe with Leonor and Letizia looking on and Leonor and Sofia together.

LadyFinn 08-07-2014 12:25 PM

Video from yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3sUNVUI3ew

People are arriving to the reception, there are some people watching close to the palace.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BudLTLlCYAApF05.jpg

Queen Sofia attends also at the reception, the king, queen and queen Sofia have come out.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BudU9IdIIAE0914.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BudZkCdIcAAO7cB.jpg
They welcome people outside.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BudVUlMIQAA97iB.jpg:large

@CasaReal
https://imageupper.com/i/?S0400010030...07440778922336

Lady Nimue 08-07-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1693199)
The new photos of Felipe, Letizia, Leonor and Sofia are great! The girls are adorable and I think Leonor is starting to look a lot like Letizia now. I think Sofia looks more like the Borbons since I see a lot of Queen Sofia, Juan Carlos and Elena in her. I find it interesting how the greeted the press afterwards, since I don't remember them doing that in previous photoshoots - perhaps it's something they have to do now that Felipe is King.

I particularly love these photos of Leonor and Felipe, Sofia and Felipe with Leonor and Letizia looking on and Leonor and Sofia together.

Thank you for that - I looked again and I think you are right. Leonor is already striking. Will be interesting to watch her grow into a young lady. :flowers:

I, too, wonder about them greeting the press. Is that a function of being the monarchial family? It certainly is good PR but I won't be cynical. Maybe they were just feeling expansive and in fine holiday spirits. :flowers:

lula 08-07-2014 04:16 PM

King Felipe VI King's Sailing Cup

King Felipe VI King's Sailing Cup - Pictures - Zimbio

Video of the reception

https://multimedia.diariodemallorca.e...l-898529.shtml

An Ard Ri 08-07-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1693279)
People are arriving to the reception, there are some people watching close to the palace.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BudLTLlCYAApF05.jpg

The Palace must be very close to Palma Cathedral.

ANNIE_S 08-07-2014 05:28 PM

I´m liking a lot the new King and Queen´s style. Changing the tradictional formal dinner with about 40 guests from the high authorities from the Balearic Islands for a more informal reception to 200 people from different circles: politicians, sportmen, artists, activists, students, etc, seems like a very effective gesture. Greeting the people outside the palace before the reception starts is even a greater one. They do this quite often now, it may attract more people to wait for them at the events, which would be fantastic as well.

And they´re greeting the guest at the palace´s courtyard, lovely. It is goegeous and looks more summery and islander.

lula 08-07-2014 06:17 PM

SPANISH ROYALS ATTEND A RECEPTION TO THE AUTHORITIES OF THE BALEARIC ISLANDS

080714 Spanish Royals attend a Reception to the authorities of the Balearic Islands - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Spanish Royals Attend Official Dinner

Spanish Royals Attend Official Dinner - Pictures - Zimbio

https://multimedia.diariodemallorca.e...-24538_1.shtml

https://multimedia.diariodemallorca.e...-24541_1.shtml