The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels General Discussion (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/)
-   -   Dutch Jewels: Suggested Changes and Alterations (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/dutch-jewels-suggested-changes-and-alterations-38150.html)

muriel 02-10-2015 11:43 AM

Dutch Jewels: Suggested Changes and Alterations
 
We can use this thread for any suggested changes to the jewels of the Dutch royal family

muriel 02-10-2015 11:48 AM

I would like to see Queen Maxima attach a serious diamond pendant (perhaps the one she used on the evening before the Dutch inauguration) to a pearl necklace to make a suitable necklace to accompany the Wurtemberg pearl and diamond tiara

Marengo 02-10-2015 12:16 PM

I think they can attach pearls to the honeycomb necklace, so that would work as well.

-
I dislike the emerald tiara tremendously, esp. with the two new extra prongs. IMO they should remove all prongs and leave it for junior princesses.

The most obvious change would be to get the leaves back on the base of the pearl button/ star tiara. Of course the collection has only one leaf brooch elft, but it shouldn't be too costly to create some new ones.

Duc_et_Pair 02-10-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1748884)
I would like to see Queen Maxima attach a serious diamond pendant (perhaps the one she used on the evening before the Dutch inauguration) to a pearl necklace to make a suitable necklace to accompany the Wurtemberg pearl and diamond tiara

Well, the Dutch Court Jeweller can easily (re)create a similar pearl collier as Queen Margrethe of Denmark wears here

Just use the buttons from the pearl buttons diadem, which are worn by Queen Beatrix here to connect it with one of the many diamond rivières and add the amazing large poiré pearls as worn by Princess Máxima here and voilà... a stunning collier with diamonds, pearl buttons and large poiré pearl pendants alike Queen Margrethe...

There is also another possibility for a stunning diamonds-and-pearls collier to go with the Württemberg Ornate Pearls Diadem. Take this diamond fish-net motif collier and add lots of pearl pendants. This is the impressive result on Queen Wilhelmina. (Click on that last picture for XL size).

:flowers:

Stefan 02-10-2015 02:01 PM

The emerald tiara needs more prongs then then it has now. I whould add two more one at each side. A tiara i would also change is the Ears-of-wheat tiara. I find it looks always strange because there is not mutch at the front and the sides it becames so high.

Stefan 02-10-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1748884)
I would like to see Queen Maxima attach a serious diamond pendant (perhaps the one she used on the evening before the Dutch inauguration) to a pearl necklace to make a suitable necklace to accompany the Wurtemberg pearl and diamond tiara


They have also the three row pearl neklace with a beautiful clasp. And if they they then use the big diamond and pearl broosh in the full version this could also very well paired with the württemberg diamond and pearl tiara.

Duc_et_Pair 02-10-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1748914)
They have also the three row pearl neklace with a beautiful clasp. And if they they then use the big diamond and pearl broosh in the full version this could also very well paired with the württemberg diamond and pearl tiara.

Queen Máxima can go out like a Pearl Queen with wearing the Württemberg Ornate Pearls and Diamonds Diadem in full setting, that means: with all 11 upright poiré pearls. For the rest the same antique pearl collier, the Russian brooch with poiré pearls. In fact like on this picture but then with eleven upright pearls like here. That pearl collier is not spectacular but it's value is beyond belief.

maria-olivia 02-10-2015 05:30 PM

When Queen Maxima wore the Wurtenberg Ornate tiara, due to her non poufy hairdo, this tiara was not straight on her Hair.

If she wears the Stuart Tiara , she has to ask the Queen of Sweden how to wear heavy tiaras......

Duc_et_Pair 02-10-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1748983)
When Queen Maxima wore the Wurtenberg Ornate tiara, due to her non poufy hairdo, this tiara was not straight on her Hair.

If she wears the Stuart Tiara , she has to ask the Queen of Sweden how to wear heavy tiaras......

Queen Silvia has thick, lush hair. Queen Máxima has very thin hair, so both ladies need different techniques. Queen Máxima has worn so many different diadems,: who has worn more than her? And most of them to perfection. Only the big Württemberg one seemed top-heavy. She could have repeated the hairstyle from April 30th 2013, which is the secret behind that diadem: https://metronieuws.tcdn.nl/styles/ga...?itok=LWWVYKCR.


The hairdo in Japan was not suitable for such a big diadem: the assymetric hairdo made the optical illusion worser that the diadem is toppling: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/..._the_Imper.jpg By the way, the look during the Investiuture was assymetrical as well, but the hair was swept the other way, to her right-hand side maybe a more "natural" look? In Japan the hair was swept to her left-hand side.


It can happen to the best. Even Queen Beatrix, with her bouffante hairdo, had to catch the (Sapphire Diadem) once, during a State Banquet in Portugal, because she felt it was sliding uncomfortably. A hofdame helped with a few extra pins. For Beatrix Perfectissimae it must have felt like horror and "not dignified" that her diadem was toppling. Most likely this is why she always wears her diadems so deep and so tilted backwards.

Marengo 02-10-2015 05:55 PM

Well, she may have worn the most diademes (save QEII) but certainly not the most elegant ones. The Dutch collection ahs far too many prong tiaras IMHO (why they needed to add pearls to the emerald tiara I will never know). The triangular motive necklace as a tiara was a disaster too, though I would love to see it turned into a necklace again soon.

If we will ever get to see the Stuart tiara again I wonder if it will be in the old form or if they modernised it too. If they did I am sure they will have removed the biggest diamonds on top - including the Suart. Maybe that stone could be used as a brooch. It seems rather odd that nobody has worn the most important stone of the entire collection for over 40 years.

Duc_et_Pair 02-11-2015 03:44 AM

It is not only the diadem: what to think about the enormous diamond collier with the thickstone rectangular diamonds which has not been seen for decades either? The diadem from the Peacock Parure however is the proof that a piece can be hidden for decades. The diamond haircomb worn in Singapore was even not seen for a century (!) and the sun-ray motif diamond diadem worn by Princess Mabel actually was a monture with brown (!) diamonds. Never seen worn in that version... I actually like most diadems in the Dutch collection. The Burmese Ruby Tiara, the Brazilean Aquamarine Tiara, the Sapphire Tiara, the Wessex' wedding tiara and the Delhi Durbar tiara are really not competing for a prize in the "most beautiful tiara"-contest...

The triangular motif diamond diadem is a peculiar design indeed but the carat, the cut and the clarity of the diamonds are alrady blowing away many "fuller looking" diadems. The extremely open setting -all diamonds set on a wire- combined with the quality of the diamonds is a guarantee for a maximum of sparkle. Thát is the most important feature of a diamond headpiece, of course...

muriel 02-11-2015 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1749086)
It is not only the diadem: what to think about the enormous diamond collier with the thickstone rectangular diamonds which has not been seen for decades either? The diadem from the Peacock Parure however is the proof that a piece can be hidden for decades. The diamond haircomb worn in Singapore was even not seen for a century (!) and the sun-ray motif diamond diadem worn by Princess Mabel actually was a monture with brown (!) diamonds. Never seen worn in that version... I actually like most diadems in the Dutch collection. The Burmese Ruby Tiara, the Brazilean Aquamarine Tiara, the Sapphire Tiara, the Wessex' wedding tiara and the Delhi Durbar tiara are really not competing for a prize in the "most beautiful tiara"-contest...

The triangular motif diamond diadem is a peculiar design indeed but the carat, the cut and the clarity of the diamonds are alrady blowing away many "fuller looking" diadems. The extremely open setting -all diamonds set on a wire- combined with the quality of the diamonds is a guarantee for a maximum of sparkle. Thát is the most important feature of a diamond headpiece, of course...

You are right, the necklace with the Stuart diamond parure is spectacular, I would love to see Maxima use it.

Duc_et_Pair 03-16-2015 05:24 PM

On the Benelux Royal Jewels Board a poster, John, had a great suggestion. For mysterious reasons the diadem created by the Dutch firm Van Kempen has been partly dismantled. Only the upper part still exists, this was last seem during an exhibition in the 1990's.

The poster had the idea to use the laurel wreath diadem as base (looks similar to the destroyed original base) and construct the upper part of the Van Kempen diadem on it.

That was an excellent idea...! Hopefully someone at the Court also reads this sort of forums and boards.

:lol: :flowers:

Marengo 03-16-2015 05:37 PM

I would prefer to see it first without a diamond base, or they can make a small diamond one perhaps. The result will be simular to the pearl star tiara of Pss Benedikte:

Tiara Mania: Star & Pearl Tiara

Or if they still have the frame & the king is in a generous mood they could try to recreate the original design:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/441141725971768647/ But indeed, combining the laurel tiara with the remnants of the Van Kempen tiara makes sense as the V.K.tiara also had a laurel motif.

I find it rather curious over all these decades that nobody ever thought of using the diamond suns as brooches btw. Though maybe they are not detachable (something which could be changed). It would make a nice tiara indeed.

Duc_et_Pair 03-16-2015 05:56 PM

I agree about the sunburst stars. The front diamond starburst is quite big and reminds me of Queen Elizabeth's large star brooch. Strange indeed that, while the top part is complete, the stars were not used. Maybe -as you say- they are not detachable or not useful to be worn as broches.

:flowers:

muriel 04-21-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1759050)
I would prefer to see it first without a diamond base, or they can make a small diamond one perhaps. The result will be simular to the pearl star tiara of Pss Benedikte:

Tiara Mania: Star & Pearl Tiara

Or if they still have the frame & the king is in a generous mood they could try to recreate the original design:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/441141725971768647/ But indeed, combining the laurel tiara with the remnants of the Van Kempen tiara makes sense as the V.K.tiara also had a laurel motif.

I find it rather curious over all these decades that nobody ever thought of using the diamond suns as brooches btw. Though maybe they are not detachable (something which could be changed). It would make a nice tiara indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1759063)
I agree about the sunburst stars. The front diamond starburst is quite big and reminds me of Queen Elizabeth's large star brooch. Strange indeed that, while the top part is complete, the stars were not used. Maybe -as you say- they are not detachable or not useful to be worn as broches.

:flowers:

All I have to say on the topic is, have faith on Maxima. She is the ultimate magpie. In time, she will get around to reorganising this. And if she does, she will do it spectacularly.

Tilia C. 04-24-2015 11:32 AM

I can't say that I like the star tiara worn by Queen Emma. The base and the stars look so disconnected, as if two completely different jewels were popped one onto the other. And I can't imagine the stars popped onto the laurel wreath, it would have the same mismatched effect, or even worse.

muriel 01-23-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1748909)
The emrald tiara needs more prongs then the e it has now. I whould add two moe one at each side. A tiara i would also change is the Ears-of-wheat tiara. I find it looks always strange because there is not mutch at the front and the sides it becames so high.

I agree, at lest 2 more prongs for the emerald tiara, and perhaps a removable diamond base as well to give it some added height, not unlike the one on the Girls of GB & I tiara QE2 uses.

muriel 01-23-2017 03:11 PM

A worthy addition to Maxima's not inadequate jewellery box would be a turquoise and diamond parure, quite like the one used by Princess Margaret or the Duchess of Gloucester. I think the stones would go well with her personality.

Duc_et_Pair 01-23-2017 03:19 PM

At the recent exhibition on Queen Anna Paulovna of the Netherlands a set of jewels was seen, given by the generous Queen to (the daughter of) her Grandmastress, Justine Maria Wilhelmina Baroness Van Nagell born Juckema van Burmania, Baroness Rengers. A surprisingly modern looking diamond and amethysts parure from the first half of 1800. It was loaned to the exhibition by the late Douairière Willem-Frans Clifford Kocq van Breugel née Baroness Van Nagell.

I would not mind the King to puchase it for the Orange-Nassau collection: https://www.adelinnederland.nl/wp-con...Paulowna-1.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises