The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/the-duchess-of-cambridge-current-events-5-february-2015-january-2019-a-38075.html)

Rudolph 04-25-2016 07:58 PM

I think they'll stick to things like Trooping the Colour and the polo for now and maybe add in more formal occasions, liking Garter or Thistle Day

Skippyboo 04-25-2016 08:07 PM

Garter and Thistle days aren't really kid friendly events. It's a church service plus a procession.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Queen Camilla 04-25-2016 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1883608)
It would be nice if she took George along. She always tell the people she meet that she will bring him on a visit. Seems like a perfect opportunity, IMO.

Hasn't George already performed more 'public' duties for his age than William.

When did William first meet and greet a Head of State?

royal rob 04-25-2016 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1883616)
Well, they took him to an arranged engagement twice and it all worked out. That was when they were on a Royal tour. Im waiting for them to do a similar engagement back at home. I think this new engagement would be a great opportunity for George to attend and play.

I can understand that people would like to see George do in England what Kate and Will did with him overseas. It would be nice to see him at a zoo or such. But I guess then people would just want more. A video of him and Charlotte playing would be nice. A video shows so much more than a photo

Dman 04-25-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royal rob (Post 1883636)
I can understand that people would like to see George do in England what Kate and Will did with him overseas. It would be nice to see him at a zoo or such. But I guess then people would just want more. A video of him and Charlotte playing would be nice. A video shows so much more than a photo

It would be nice to see some video of the kids.

Jacknch 04-26-2016 03:57 AM

A reminder that this thread is about the Duchess of Cambridge's current events and not about Prince George attending events nor about the amount of times Prince George has been seen in public compared to his father at the same age - comparisons with events that took place 30 years ago are completely unnecessary.

soapstar 04-30-2016 11:49 PM

Since the Vogue photo shoot was in conjunction with the National Portrait Gallery, I've moved all posts discussing the cover to the Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages thread. You can continue the discussion there.

Duke of Marmalade 05-04-2016 07:13 AM

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge recycles a Michael Kors coat on visit to Hampton Court Palace | Daily Mail Online

Marika86 05-04-2016 08:01 AM

Getty Images: The Duchess Of Cambridge Will Open The Magic Garden At Hampton Court Palace

Hello!: Kate Middleton opens Hampton Court's Magic Garden

Rudolph 05-04-2016 09:03 AM

The Duchess of Cambridge visits The Magic Garden at Hampton Court Palace in London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyEN...ure=youtu.be&a

TLLK 05-04-2016 11:28 AM

Looks like a wonderful playground for the kids to enjoy while touring the palace and the grounds. :smile:

ROYAL NORWAY 05-04-2016 12:23 PM

Videos:
The Duchess of Cambridge attends her first engagement as patron of mental health charity the Anna Freud Centre.
Home - ITNSource News

The Duchess of Cambridge visited Hampton Court's recently unveiled Magic Garden today, marking the official opening of the Palace's new children's play area. The Duchess was taken on a tour around the new play area, and shown some of its unique design features.
Home - ITNSource News

She did a great job, as usual.

carlota 05-04-2016 12:44 PM

kate is such a natural... :)

ROYAL NORWAY 05-04-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 1886196)
kate is such a natural... :)

Yes, she is. And I can't understand people (both here and in the media) who calls her boring and false.

Dman 05-04-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY (Post 1886205)
Yes, she is. And I can't understand people (both here and in the media) who calls her boring and false.

That's because folks want her to be some kind of superwoman.

Osipi 05-04-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1886208)
That's because folks want her to be some kind of superwoman.

Perhaps many had the expectations that a royal princess is somehow different than any ordinary female and Kate is doing her best to give people the "real" Kate that is down to earth, a homemaker and mother of 2 that just happens to be married to the future King and that everyday life is not wearing stunning evening gowns, tiaras and dripping lots of diamonds and sparklies.

As we've seen just recently with the Cambridges' tour of India, the Vogue photo shoot and today in the Magic Gardens, what you see is what you get and that's someone being herself and doing her best in all aspects of her life.

polyesco 05-04-2016 06:09 PM

looks like a fun garden
cute picture with one of the kids there
https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/K...JVV1zPEdWx.jpg

AdmirerUS 05-04-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1886236)
Perhaps many had the expectations that a royal princess is somehow different than any ordinary female and Kate is doing her best to give people the "real" Kate that is down to earth, a homemaker and mother of 2 that just happens to be married to the future King and that everyday life is not wearing stunning evening gowns, tiaras and dripping lots of diamonds and sparklies.

As we've seen just recently with the Cambridges' tour of India, the Vogue photo shoot and today in the Magic Gardens, what you see is what you get and that's someone being herself and doing her best in all aspects of her life.

And other than brooches, when I look at the Queen when she was young, there is not so very much difference in the two. JMO. ;)

Osipi 05-04-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1886298)
And other than brooches, when I look at the Queen when she was young, there is not so very much difference in the two. JMO. ;)

Y'know, I never had that thought but now that you mention it, its a perfect fit. :flowers:

Curryong 05-04-2016 06:49 PM

Not much difference? When the Queen was young she (and Prince Philip) were away from Britain (and their very young children) for months at a time, touring Commonwealth and Empire countries. The Queen made speeches without stumbling, dealt with red boxes, signed pieces of legislation into law, (something Kate will never do) and was Head of State. She met the PM on a weekly basis, other Ministers and Commonwealth leaders.

Elizabeth wasn't defined as a wife and mother or a clothes horse or anything else other than a monarch. Yes, news reports of the time mentioned her clothes and gowns (not her hair) but they weren't the main focus of her appearances in news items, as they are so often with Kate.

And I'm afraid Kate is still nervous at public appearances and making speeches. She clutches her purse to her front still, like her life depends on it, making her often appear wooden. Her speeches also show a certain amount of nerves. So no, she's not like the Queen in my eyes.