The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/the-duchess-of-cambridge-current-events-5-february-2015-january-2019-a-38075.html)

hernameispekka 02-22-2015 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angela (Post 1752731)
If the baby is only 6 or 7 weeks old and Kate is breastfeeding then I don't think she will attend TTC or the Garter. I think we will see very little of her during the summer season in general.

I think she will turn up. They have the baby with probably to trooping, but it stays inside. George was about a month when she did her first engagement (spontaneous, low key) and about 1 months when she went to a red carpet event (Tusk gala). So I don't find it too strange if she shows up at trooping.

Also, Diana was present at state openings and trooping close after birth. I think that they won't plan usual engagements but if your health is up to par your are expected to be at family/big occations. I could see her just doing trooping and not garter, like when she was pregnant with George.

crm2317 02-22-2015 09:01 AM

I think if she attends the trooping it may only be for the balcony appearance. I don't know how comfortable one of those carriages would be so soon after giving birth.

hernameispekka 02-22-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crm2317 (Post 1752735)
I think if she attends the trooping it may only be for the balcony appearance. I don't know how comfortable one of those carriages would be so soon after giving birth.

Haha, good point. That may be possible, depending on how things have "settled" for her.

Dman 02-22-2015 09:11 AM

I think she will be at the Trooping and possible Garter ceremony.

hernameispekka 02-25-2015 09:25 AM

On Wednesday 11 March The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @resortstudios - a vibrant arts organisation based in Cliftonville #Margate.

Marty91charmed 03-02-2015 09:34 AM

I wonder if this one can be considered an official engagement:whistling:

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official 5 min5 minuti fa
The Duchess of Cambridge visited @TheGoring Hotel today. The hotel unveiled their newly refurbished design

ColdstreamGuardsBand ‏@ColdstreamBand 51 min51 minuti fa

Formed up at @TheGoring hotel for the arrival of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge #royalty #armylife #london

Rudolph 03-02-2015 09:38 AM

Its the Goring's 105th birthday today. Long association with the BRF

cepe 03-02-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1754790)
I wonder if this one can be considered an official engagement:whistling:

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official 5 min5 minuti fa
The Duchess of Cambridge visited @TheGoring Hotel today. The hotel unveiled their newly refurbished design

ColdstreamGuardsBand ‏@ColdstreamBand 51 min51 minuti fa

Formed up at @TheGoring hotel for the arrival of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge #royalty #armylife #london

This tweet appears to have been deleted.

Further tweets appearing confirming visit!

AdmirerUS 03-02-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1754790)
I wonder if this one can be considered an official engagement:whistling:

Well, certainly it was official for the Coldstream Guards. :lol: And don't they look great.

Marika86 03-02-2015 11:22 AM

The Duchess leaving The Goring Hotel today.

Lucy Bonner ‏@_LucyBonner Kate Middleton���� https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_GXUz2WsAAVtQi.jpg ** https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_GXUwHW8AAktTo.jpg ** https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_GXUx2WsAIeftB.jpg ** https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_GXUzhXIAAgDs3.jpg

HQ pics from "Daily Mail":

The royal seal of approval! Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge is glamorous in purple for the Goring Hotel's 105th birthday party

Rudolph 03-02-2015 11:22 AM

Official or not Kate was there for the Goring's 105th birthday. Pics all over Twitter

Marty91charmed 03-02-2015 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=AdmirerUS;1754808]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1754790)
I wonder if this one can be considered an official engagement:whistling:QUOTE]

Well, certainly it was official for the Coldstream Guards. :lol: And don't they look great.

I wans't understanding allthe fuss, hence my perplexity:lol:

cepe 03-02-2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1754790)
I wonder if this one can be considered an official engagement:whistling:

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official 5 min5 minuti fa
The Duchess of Cambridge visited @TheGoring Hotel today. The hotel unveiled their newly refurbished design

ColdstreamGuardsBand ‏@ColdstreamBand 51 min51 minuti fa

Formed up at @TheGoring hotel for the arrival of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge #royalty #armylife #london

Not an official engagement. Not in the Court Circular for the 2nd MArch

AdmirerUS 03-03-2015 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1754996)
Not an official engagement. Not in the Court Circular for the 2nd MArch

And I take back my comment about the Coldstream Band. They took the Goring post off their Twitter page. Thank makes me think the appearance was a fundraiser or favor rather than an official engagement.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Marty91charmed 03-03-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1755113)
And I take back my comment about the Coldstream Band. They took the Goring post off their Twitter page. Thank makes me think the appearance was a fundraiser or favor rather than an official engagement.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Yes, it seems that Kate was there in a private capacity. She was invited to the party given on occasion of the new refurbishing...:flowers:

JessRulz 03-05-2015 06:29 AM

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 24m
On Thursday 12th March, The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the set of the award-winning @DowntonAbbey @EalingStudios #DuchessAtDownton

hernameispekka 03-05-2015 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1755673)
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 24m
On Thursday 12th March, The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the set of the award-winning @DowntonAbbey @EalingStudios #DuchessAtDownton

I'm so stoked !! :) Iiiiiih, so happy!! Love that Kate is a fan of the show, and Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) when asked who's her favorite royal said Kate. Must be a really nice meeting for them :)

Marty91charmed 03-05-2015 08:27 AM

Good on her! She will be quite busy this month, just like in April 2013 when she did a lot of engagements in a row...

Molly2101 03-05-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1755673)
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 24m
On Thursday 12th March, The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the set of the award-winning @DowntonAbbey @EalingStudios #DuchessAtDownton

Following in Sophie's footsteps I see. I am jealous as I really want to go to Highclerte Castle.

Dman 03-05-2015 08:56 AM

I know Catherine must be overly excited for this upcoming visit to Downton.

British Royals @britishroyals 2h 2 hours ago
Among the #DowntonAbbey cast Kate will meet on March 12 include Dame Maggie Smith, Lord & Lady Grantham, Mrs Hughes, Mrs Patmore & Daisy.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises